PDA

View Full Version : How to make a warforged a mecha.

hushblade
2012-05-30, 08:04 AM
I've been brainstorming a bit and have thus far come up with unarmed swordsage as the chassis, desert wind strikes can be refluffed emulate some flaming attacks, a necklace of natural weapon(throwing+returning) is a solid rocket punch. I believe there is a graft in Libris Mortis that allows a ray attack from the eyes?

Anyone have any ideas to add?

JeminiZero
2012-05-30, 08:16 AM
I have rather simple idea: Warlock.

That gets you flying around shooting lasers quite easily. Add Eldritch Glaive for beam saber. Maybe go into Wizard (precocious apprentice) into Eldritch Theurge, for additional effects.

Larkas
2012-05-30, 08:19 AM
If you want to be a mecha, you'll want some way to enlarge yourself.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-30, 08:22 AM
Warlock.

Eldritch Blast = Laser cannon
Eldritch Glaive = Beam sword/saber/whatever.
Fell Flight = Rocket Boots/Jetpack.
Breath of the Night = Smoke Grenades/Chaff clouds/etc.

For everything else, just slap 'nano-' in front of what it does and you're good.

Piggy Knowles
2012-05-30, 09:42 AM
I remember on the old BG boards, PhaedrusXY had a really cool mecha-build. Can't remember all the details, but I believe it was a magic-blooded dragonborn warforged, and it was a Duskblade/Suel Arcanamach/Abjurant Champion.

I'm sure the build itself was rather more detailed than that, although I know it definitely used some metabreath feats, plus Gloves of the Starry Sky for firing lasers. Oh, and it had wings, too.

EDIT: Found it, here! (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=346.msg194139#msg194139)

Stabbald
2012-05-30, 09:51 AM
Here are a couple fun ones. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=130.msg106777#msg106777)

VGLordR2
2012-05-30, 10:34 AM
I think there is a template called Gigantic in the Book of Templates 3.5. It allows you to increase the size category of a creature by any amount, and the level adjustment is based on how big you become.

Agent 451
2012-05-30, 11:15 AM
Here's a list of grafts (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=575.0). The Maug Stone Spitter seems like it's right up your alley...if you're looking for a shoulder mounted "rocket" launcher.

Slipperychicken
2012-05-30, 11:22 AM
For more power, a Warforged Wizard (or Battle Sorc for a bigger HD) with the right reserve feats could emulate a Warlocks at-will blasting, and be so much more. WF Artificer would just build add-ons for any abilities it wants. Actually, make every magic item you own a WF component for no extra cost.

Invisible Needle = lasers

Fiery Burst = explosive shot/rpg

Troll Blooded feat = Nanobots

Kuulvheysoon
2012-05-30, 05:37 PM
I think there is a template called Gigantic in the Book of Templates 3.5. It allows you to increase the size category of a creature by any amount, and the level adjustment is based on how big you become.

The Titanic Template (MM2) does something very similar to this in 3.0 - it increases the size of animals and beasts (AFB, so I can't recall what other types it applies to) to Gargantuan, adding (I believe) 25HD as well. It is a flat CR13 (if base creature's CR was <1) or a +13 to CR (if base creature's CR was >1).

I doubt that it could be applied to a Living Construct, though.

Permanencied Giant Size? That or start with a Warforged Titan, or Charger.

Ravens_cry
2012-05-31, 02:16 AM
For added fun, go to d20 Future mecha (http://www.d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/mecha/), so you can have mecha in your mecha.

lord_khaine
2012-05-31, 04:19 AM
No, for true Mecha-fun you need 3-4 Warforged using Wands of alter self, the monk/ardent warforget will assume the form of an animated object and form the leggs, thereby providing mobility and some nasty kicking attacks.

The Psion will become the torso and head, and give our mecha an eye-beam attack of doom, as well as provide a shield against aoe blasts (dampen power ect).

The Warblade will form arms, and use his big sword for what he does best, slicing things up.

And if you have a spare Wilder or something like that, then he can form a huge armcannon to blow **** up.