PDA

View Full Version : The King's Dilemma (IC)

Linguz
2012-05-30, 12:12 PM
Around the capital city Yorlan, there have been multiple attacks by bandits. All small scale and all able to get away before being caught. Recently, rumors have gone around about a bigger case. The rumors are that the king's daughter, the princess, was captured. Ever since a month ago, about when the rumors began, the king's court has been closed.

Carnel: The king called Carnel's family to his throne room the previous night. There, he told them the following: The rumors are true, the ransom is a high amount of gold, that gold will be paid in fake gems worth a fraction of the real gem, and that Carnel is the envoy. She has been instructed to try to keep the secret, but she can tell others to get help.

She left the castle the following morning and arrived at the Lion's Den.

Everyone else: For one reason or another, you have been attracted to this city and this tavern, known to be one of the best around.

(State where you are, what you're doing, and whatever else you want.)

Link to OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13303342)

The Lion's Den
A three story tavern practically in the middle of the city. This tavern is known for attracting just about all types of attention, especially for travelers. The wooden tables and chairs are all worn down from constant usage. The bartender is an older man, a short grey beard hogging the space on his chin and a cap hiding away the top of his head. A few mugs of ale are being passed around to paying customers and a few are also eating breakfast. The stairs are at the back of the tavern, which lead to the second floor which houses all the rooms. Another set of stairs, below those, lead to a small basement where there were no rooms and those who bought a poor stay would spend the night. A fire was burning on the wall across from the bar, in the fireplace hearth. The walls were stone while the floor was the same type of worn down lumber as the furniture.

LordDice
2012-05-30, 01:39 PM
Falog

Sitting there just staring at the fire, slowly draining his mug of ale Falog goes over all the dead ends that lead him here. Stuck in a tavern with no idea as to where to head next in his quest.

Catching the attention of the barkeep he gets another mug. After awhile of drinking he starts to think maybe he should take a break from the endless search, just take some time and do something different.

Electrobolt
2012-05-30, 02:22 PM
Elhand

Elhand, having stopped at the Lion's Den on his journeys, was sitting in a corner of the tavern as he took a drink of some ale from his mug. In the back of his mind, he recalled that he needed to go and purchase some feed for his horse. For now, though, his horse is in one of the stables, resting and being cared for. Once he is ready to continue his journey, he would get some feed for his horse. He then proceeded to take another swig of ale.

ShadowySilence
2012-05-30, 04:59 PM
Luetas

Luetas had been against going to the Lion's Den at first, but his friend who knew how to weasel Luetas into tagging along had done it again. His friend always tried to do this when he felt Luetas had spent too many hours locked away indoors poring over dusty tomes, and not enough time having fun.

That was hours ago, early in the morning just as the tavern had opened its doors to the public. By now he and his human friend Karloth, a fellow wizard from the guild, had downed their umpteenth mugs of hard ale. The bartender knew Luetas well as an occasional drunkard, who hated the stuff yet when got into a binge couldn't leave it alone. He knew to watch for his antics, and yet kept him around just long enough to make a nice bit of cash.

Luetas finishes his latest mug and laughs in his light voice, his head spinning and the rowdiness that came with drunkenness was taking over. He laughed louder as he spoke with slurred words and groggy eyes"Haha, bartender ano'der set o' mugs fe'r me an' mai frien' pleusze!" He slams his now empty mug against the bar, which he and Karloth are sitting at currently.

Valdren
2012-05-30, 11:56 PM
Owen

Finally getting around to waking up, Owen takes a quick look to make sure all his gear was still where it was when he went to sleep. "I need to get myself a real room next time." He grumbles as he makes his way up the stairs. His first stop is to the bartender, to whom he states "Thanks for the accommodations, I don't know if I'll be here another night though.". His second stop is to an empty or less than full table near the middle of the tavern where he can wake up while listening to the barroom chatter for some work.

packersfan
2012-05-31, 04:07 PM
Standing in the center of the bar with a mug full of mead preaching to the peple about how Pe3lor will protect them in there times of need.

Cole10000
2012-05-31, 06:42 PM
Carnel enters the building and takes a quick sweeping look around the room. She then procedes to call out in a firm voice,

For those of you here that are looking for work come see me and we will discuss business."

She then looks for any who appeared to be interested with what she had said.

ShadowySilence
2012-05-31, 07:31 PM
Luetas laughs heartily at hearing Carnel's sentence mid-ordering his next drink, in his stupor he thought it would be ungodly funny to sign up, why he thought this only the drunks can know...

He whispers his idea to sign up with this woman to his drunk friend, then stands up and waddles drunkenly over to where his blurred vision lead him to believe she was. He has a silly smile on his face, the smell of heavy whiskey on his breath, but his robes obviously mark him as a member of the nearby Mages guild. As he approaches he says "I'd *hic* be intresteed in signin' up fer' any work ya got miss *hic*!"

Electrobolt
2012-05-31, 07:52 PM
*Work, huh? I'm curious about what kind of work that is being offered up...* mused Elhand as he took another swig of his ale before standing up. As he began to approach the woman who came in, this drunken elf began to approach first, seemingly stumbling over himself. *Looks like someone couldn't hold his liquor...* he sighed, before approaching the woman. Once he got to her, Elhand asked "So you're looking for some people who are looking for work, huh? Well, you certainly caught my attention. What kind of work are we talking about?"

packersfan
2012-05-31, 07:55 PM
Look towards the sound of the offer and in a lound voice Ay, what does this job entail

LordDice
2012-05-31, 10:51 PM
Falog picks up his mug before moving over, he sits down and simply says "Work, I'm interested. Details."

Valdren
2012-05-31, 11:59 PM
Owen, seeing such an offer as an answer from the gods about his money troubles, hops up onto a table to get a better view of things. "I'll happily sign on!" He shouts, not really worried about what exactly he's signing on for.

Cole10000
2012-06-01, 01:41 PM
Carnel looks around at those who had awnsered her and inwardly sighs as she sees one of them is drunk. Putting that thought aside however she says,

"I am in the employ of a very powerfull nobleman who has recently had his daughter kidnapped. I was given the task of freeing her and was given leave to get any assistance I saw fit. As for payment you will be paid what is seen fit by my employer upon the safe return of his daughter.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-01, 02:02 PM
Luetas laughs again "Haha, soundsss easy nuff'." he puts a foot up on a stool but then sways a little, falls, and hits his head on a nearby table. He lands with a thud against first the edge of the wooden table, and then a second thud as he hits the ground.

The shock does not knock him out, but it is enough to sober him up a little and give him a bit of a bruise on his forehead. He opens his eyes and rubs his head, he was a little concerned as to his situation. *Wha- what was I doing just now...* he wonders to himself as the small bump on his head throbs.

He then staggers up and mutters "Ah, right I was signing up for work... wait... what!?" he then looks around for his friend, who is no where in sight. He then remembered his tab, *how many drinks did we have....* He calculates in his head for a second and then his eye twitches a little in an involuntary anxiety attack, the total cost of his and his friend's drinking binge cost him more than he made in months at the guild (that is including previous drinking binges, which he had kept on tab but were due quite soon which the bartender made a habit of reminding him of).

He chokes a little on his spit as the magnitude of the situation hit him like a brick wall. His mind races in worry *If I can't pay off my tab... I'll... I'll go to jail!? I can't let that happen... lets see two options, run away or get the gold...*

He then remembers the woman looking for people to help her, and how they needed to save a damsel. He couldn't help but think this was fate saving his behind to some extent, so he had but to ask "So umm miss, I apologize for my behavior moments ago. Alcohol does that too me at times, Elven intolerance to hard liquor and all. Can you tell me how much the reward might be for saving this nobleman's daughter?"

Linguz
2012-06-01, 02:10 PM
Due to the rumors of the king's daughter being kidnapped, that is what goes through each of your minds when he mentions the mission.

Carnel does not know how much the king is going to pay, she was never told.

Electrobolt
2012-06-01, 04:36 PM
Elhand listened to the woman, his curiosity having been fed as she spoke. *So the daughter of this nobleman has been kidnapped, and she's asking us to assist her in rescuing the daughter, huh? Well, I never really had anything to do in mind...* he pondered in his mind, looking around him at the group that was there. He noticed the elf had sobered up, so that was something. Shaking his head, he returned his attention to the woman. Looking at her, he responded with a smile, "Well, you can count me in."

LordDice
2012-06-01, 04:46 PM
Thinking of the recent rumors and the potential rewards Falog nods in agreement. "Will free her then. You know who has her ?"

ShadowySilence
2012-06-01, 04:52 PM
(assuming she told him that she does not know what the reward is, after Linguz's post)

He considers for a moment then says to Carnel "Well I'd be willing to sign up regardless of the pay, any chance to make some gold right now is a healthy proposition for me. So if you would take me, I would gladly come." He then waits to hear Carnel's response to the strangely dressed man's question.

Linguz
2012-06-01, 05:20 PM
Thinking of the recent rumors and the potential rewards Falog nods in agreement. "Will free her then. You know who has her ?"

Carnel:
You knows that the bandits who have been bothering the surrounding area that supposedly took her. The king told you that the trade (gems for girl) will take place at the Emberwoods, to the north of Yorlan.

(And Coal has to be the one that says it.
Though, the post still works.)

Cole10000
2012-06-01, 07:47 PM
You will reveive an appropriate reward upon the safe return of my lord's daughter. If you wish to come with me and deal with the bandits to rescue her you may come with me and you will be paid for your efforts.

packersfan
2012-06-01, 09:55 PM
Well you can be sure that you will have the support of pelor with you

Valdren
2012-06-01, 11:30 PM
"Oooo, a mystery prize, eh? Well, as long as it isn't a knife in the gut it can't be too bad. When do we leave?" Owen asks, already getting his gear adjusted so that it'd comfortably sit for a long hike.

Cole10000
2012-06-02, 12:04 PM
"We leave as soon as all of you are ready to make the trip, but I would perfer sooner rather than later."

Electrobolt
2012-06-02, 12:37 PM
Elhand nodded and walked back to his table, taking one last gulp of his ale before leaving the inn, his stay having been paid for the previous night. Before exiting the Lion's Den, Elhand said, "I'll be waiting outside." With that, he left the inn to retrieve his horse.

After arriving at the stable, he walked in and asked, "I'm here to pick up my horse. Also, I'd like to purchase a saddlebag and a few days worth of feed."

Linguz
2012-06-02, 12:49 PM
(@Packers: Do you mind making your posts a bit cleaner? At least color your speech or put quotation marks around it.)

The stable was right behind the tavern, so it wasn't hard to find. That, and you had gone to it the previous night to put your horse in. Payment had been done partially the previous night, to the tune of 3 silver pieces then. When you stopped by to buy feed and the saddlebags, the same half-elf male greeted you as the previous night. "Of course, of course. So a few days feed, four days do you good? And the saddlebags added to the rest of the cost of the stabling... that'll be 8 gold pieces and 4 silver ones."

packersfan
2012-06-02, 01:03 PM
Linguz
ya sure I was posting from my phone and for some reason it did not put my post in color
Alright well I will go and pick up my things. I will meet everyone outside the inn. Lucian proceeds to head to the church retrive his this and than makes his way back to the inn

ShadowySilence
2012-06-02, 01:20 PM
"I have everything I need already, although I do have one loose end that needs tying first..." he walks over to the barkeep. "Hehe, you know that tab I have... well I promise you I'll pay it off in short order. Just give me some time and I'll be back with more than enough gold to pay it off, I still have a good while left before its due right?" He taps his fingers on the bar tentatively, still a little anxious about the whole ordeal.

Valdren
2012-06-02, 01:35 PM
"I'm ready to go!" Owen exclaims as he hops down from the table and stands a few feet from his new employer. "My name if Owen, delver of ruins and security consultant, at your service." He adds.

LordDice
2012-06-02, 01:42 PM
Finishing off his mug quickly before casually tossing it onto the table. Picking up his pack from the floor Falog stretches a moment before tossing a silver piece onto the table to cover his drinks. Calmly stating "Ready for work"

Linguz
2012-06-02, 01:51 PM
The barkeep answered the elf, "'Till the end of the month, eight days from now. Don't have it by then and income starts kicking in." From the last time you had an overdue payment, you know that the income rate is 2% on the debt, every day past the due date. And it increases every week you don't pay. You also know that he only allows you a tab because of your connections with the wizards guild.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-02, 02:35 PM
The elf gives a sad smile "Yes, yes, of course. And I haven't forgotten the interest as well, I promise you I shall return and pay off my debts soon as quick as can be. For now I am off, farewell good sir."

He walks back over to Carnel and sits on a nearby bar-stool waiting for the others to be ready, mulling over the events unfolding before him. He then remembers something important and runs over to the window "Korvin, oh Korvin, come here!"

His Raven familiar Korvin lands on the window sill and asks "What, how drunk are you this time?"

Luetas brushes himself off a little and then says huffily at first "I'm perfectly fine thank you very much, now listen I need you to deliver a message to the Wizard's Guild telling them that I shall be gone for an indeterminate amount of time, but that they should expect me before too long. "

Korvin sighs dramatically, but keeps a joking twinkle in his eye "Another messenger mission, when do I get to have some fun missions."

Luetas laughs, his companion had been with him for many years and although he could be annoying at times he was a good friend. "You'll get your day soon enough friend, perhaps you shall be the one to save the damsel in distress that is the focal point of the quest I am joining."

The raven jumps a little "A damsel you say, this could be very interesting..." he pauses "Hey, when exactly did you become the hero-ing type eh?" he gives the elf the best wink a raven can provide. "You have a soft spot for damsels or something, or maybe you finally got bored of all those books!"

Luetas laughs "Haha, no, no, not bored of my books. And I have yet to seee this damsel, although perhaps she would be one worth having a soft spot for. No, in the end you could say economic challenges have come my way again, so now I need a remedy for my lack of gold."

Korvin shakes his head "You and your drinks Luetas, someday you'll learn perhaps, hehe," he then flies off to alert the Wizard's Guild as to Luetas soon to be departure.

Electrobolt
2012-06-02, 06:44 PM
Nodding, Elhand responded, "Yes, four days would do perfect, thank you." Pulling out his coin pouch, he reaches in and pulls out 8 gold pieces and 4 silver pieces before handing them over to the half-elf.

Linguz
2012-06-02, 08:09 PM
The half-elf takes your money and hands you the items that you bought, in addition to your horse.

-(Now that you're all ready...)-

Your small group composes itself and gets ready to set out. The only rider is Elhand on his horse and everyone else is on foot. Half way to the woods, Korvin returns to Luetas. The winds had been in his favor on the way back to Luetas, so he was able to go past his usual speed by plenty.

When you arrive at the entrance of the woods, you see a slim figure with his hair tied back in a bandana. He asks you, "Here for the trade?" After Carnel gave the affirmative, he lead the group deeper into the forest, taking a few side passages until none of you were sure of the way back. He stopped you at a straight passage in the road and continued forward, for about 60 feet.

Once there, he whistled and another bandit came out of the forest, holding a tied girl with a sack over her head. The new bandit held a shield and morningstar while the one that led you here picked up a bow and quiver from the ground. He called out, "We do this quickly and easily. My friend here gives you the girl, you give him the gems. Same time, no tricky business. Understand?" The melee-bandit grabbed onto the ropes of the girl and kept her close to his side.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-02, 09:13 PM
Korvin lands on Luetas' shoulder and positions himself to sit comfortably as they walk along in the woods.

Luetas' eyes bulged, he had expected danger, but not this quickly. He tenses up and prepares to grab his shortbow if the situation turns sour. He remains quiet, knowing it is not his place to speak, and instead waits for Carnel to take the first move.

He thinks to himself as he eyes the bandits and listens for anything odd *hmm, if this goes smoothly this may be the easiest gold I've made in a long time*

He also tried to remember anything important he might know about these bandits and the are itself.

Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]
Local Check: [roll2]
History Check: [roll3]

Linguz
2012-06-02, 09:28 PM
He also tried to remember anything important he might know about these bandits and the are itself.

Spot: You can see what your eyes show you, but you don't see anything out of the ordinary. You also can't gather detailed information about the surrounding areas.

Listen: You hear birds chirping in the trees and other loud forest noises.

Local: You know that this forest is particularly large and that parents tell their children to keep away from it or else the werewolves of the forest will eat them alive. It's a story that is told in the city to keep the children from going to the forests. As for the bandits, you know that they sometimes use these forests to escape capture, or so you've heard.

History: You know that the forest is old and that the bandit activity started a few months back.

LordDice
2012-06-02, 09:37 PM
Keeping an eye out for danger, Falog keeps his longspear at the ready and focuses for a moment on shielding his allies should this go poorly.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Energy Shield Aura: 2 Acid damage retaliation if any of us gets struck in melee (within 30ft of myself, and with a non-reach weapon)

Cole10000
2012-06-02, 09:49 PM
"But of course, I do my lord's bidding and I would not risk his daughter in this transaction. Carnel says as she brings out the (fake) gems and waits for the girl to be brought forward.

Linguz
2012-06-02, 09:53 PM
The melee-bandit pushes the girl forward, until she was halfway to your group. He waited there as Carnel went forward as well. They traded, gems for girl, and returned to their group. The melee-bandit tosses the gems to the archer who began to look at them. The melee-bandit stood over him, watching your group, as the archer did so.

(Note: The girl is still tied and with a sack over her head.)

Cole10000
2012-06-02, 10:04 PM
Carnel quickly moves over to her unties her and removes the hood,

"I am sorry for what you must have gone through my lady, but do not worry I am here to get you safely back to your father."

and waits for her or the bandit's response.

Linguz
2012-06-02, 10:10 PM
Upon seeing the girl's face, Carnel was able to tell that this was definitely not the princess. She looked similar, with the disguise, but there were a few things off about her. She spoke, "That's okay. Just get me out of here, please."

The bandits are still checking the gems (as an appraise check takes longer than a spot check).

Cole10000
2012-06-02, 10:18 PM
Carnels face furrows with indignation, as she realises that this is not the princess.

"Where is my lady! Did you think my lord would not send someone who wouldn't even recognise her!

Her voice rising as she finishes speaking. She quickly turns to the rest of the PCs and says, "It looks like oyu may just make your keep tonight after all, it seems that these bandits do not wish to return my lady."

Carnel also quickly grabs the imposter to make sure she doesn't run away.

packersfan
2012-06-02, 10:46 PM
Pulling out his mace and readying his shieldjust say the word ma'am and ill give them Pelor's justice

Valdren
2012-06-03, 01:28 AM
Owen wastes no time, knowing a bad deal when he sees one. He quickly pops a smoothed ball in his sling and lets it fly at the archer. "Give us a fake will you!?" He adds, shouting in annoyance.

Attacking flat-footed opponent, so sneak attack
attack
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]
sneak attack
[roll2]

Edit: That attack roll should have a -2 I believe for range increment penalty. Though I can't imagine his flat-footed AC is 16

Linguz
2012-06-03, 10:49 AM
Order

Surprise Round: Carnel grappled the Girl. (Success)
Elhand, Luetas, Owen, Lucian
Bandits (Archer, Girl)
Carnel, Falog
Bandits (Melee)

I will narrate what happened for each chunk at the same time (for each individual group, like the four that go first. Owen has already acted.)

-----

The girl whistled, getting the attention of the two bandits, though the warrior (melee bandit) had already seen what was going on and had told the archer.

packersfan
2012-06-03, 11:56 AM
Alright Lucian charges the melee bandit ans swings.

rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

ShadowySilence
2012-06-03, 01:07 PM
Luetas pulls out his shortbow, knocks an arrow, and lets it fly towards the archer who was looking over the gems.

Attack Chance: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Electrobolt
2012-06-03, 04:38 PM
Having already hopped off his horse and pulled his handaxe and battleaxe, Elhand charges at the melee bandit, with his handaxe in his off-hand and battleaxe in his main hand.

Battleaxe Attack: [roll0]
Battleaxe Damage: [roll1]
Handaxe Attack: [roll2]
Handaxe Damage: [roll3]

Two-Weapon Defense adds +1 AC to my total while Charging gives -2 AC to my total

Linguz
2012-06-03, 06:06 PM
The stone bonks the archer in the face and an arrow quickly follows, piercing his shoulder and sending him unconscious to the ground.

Lucian's attack falls short, missing the enemy completely.

Elhand's battleaxe doesn't quite reach the enemy, but the hide armor blocks the handaxe, effectively reducing the damage to nothing.

---

The girl broke away from the grapple (succeeded check) and dived her hand into her boot, pulling out a dagger quickly. She wheeled back on you (Carnel) and tried to cut you but came up short, not quite cutting anything of yours.

The warrior swings his morningstar at Elhand, but you easily sidestep the blow. (Hmm... this happens later.)

A bandit comes out of the woods ten feet behind you, brandishing a pair of shortswords. He stands at the center of the road and holds a defensive stance. (Total defense action)

---

Turn: Carnel, Falog

Current Positions: (Each block is 5 feet squared)
{table=header]M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M
M| |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |U| | | |
M| | |E| | | | | | | | | | | | | |O| | | |
M| |W| | | | | | | | | | | |G|C| | | |B| |
M| | |L| | | | | | | | | | | | |F| | | | |
M| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [/table]

The Ms are there to keep the rows and columns enlarged. Dark red letters are unconscious enemies. Red letters are enemies. Black letters are you guys.

A) Archer, W) Warrior (melee-bandit), B) Bandit (dual-wielding bandit), G) Girl
E) Elhand, O) Owen, U) Luetas, F) Falog, L) Lucian, C) Carnel

Also, would you rather I make the tables here or make a spreadsheet on google documents?

Cole10000
2012-06-03, 06:35 PM
"You are under arrest for the crime of impersonating nobility!" Carnel says as she unleashes a flurry of blows at the imposter. (Nonlethal damage)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

LordDice
2012-06-03, 06:57 PM
Saying nothing Falog quickly shifts himself to a better position, longspear dancing in an odd pattern as he attempts to strike at the girl "hostage".

5ft step to 2 squares below Carnel.
Using Intimidating Strike, 0 bonus.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Intimidate if a hit [roll2]

Linguz
2012-06-03, 07:03 PM
After Carnel's flurry, which only the second attack hit, the girl dropped the knife and went to the floor, unconscious.

Falog's spear does not hit her as she falls.

---

The warrior swings his morningstar at Elhand, but you easily sidestep the blow. (Now this happens, not last post.)

---

The archer keeps bleeding out.

---

Turn: Elhand, Luetas, Owen, Lucian

Current Positions: (Each block is 5 feet squared)
M| |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |U| | | |
M| | |E| | | | | | | | | | | | | |O| | | |
M| |W| | | | | | | | | | | |G|C| | | |B| |

The Ms are there to keep the rows and columns enlarged. Dark red letters are unconscious enemies. Red letters are enemies. Black letters are you guys.

packersfan
2012-06-03, 07:09 PM
Lucian swings again, praying to Pelor to let his Mace hit true

packersfan
2012-06-03, 07:10 PM
rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]

Electrobolt
2012-06-03, 07:14 PM
Elhand grasps both the handaxe and the battleaxe firmly as he attacks the melee bandit once again.

Battleaxe Damage: [roll1]
Handaxe attack: [roll2]
Handaxe damage: [roll3]

ShadowySilence
2012-06-03, 08:38 PM
Luetas knocks another arrow and takes aim at the threat behind him (B), he then retreats (goes 5 squares left) in case his attack only provokes the bandits anger.

Attack: [1d20+4[/roll]
Damage: [roll0]

Valdren
2012-06-03, 10:10 PM
With no easy targets, Owen trains his sling on the bandit just a few feet from him. After he lets fly a bullet, he quickly draws his dagger, ready for the bandit.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll]1d3[/roll

Linguz
2012-06-03, 10:34 PM
After Lucian and Elhand attacked, the bandit had a great gash in his chest that no mortal man would be able to survive. He dropped to his knees, and then head first to the ground, eyes wide open to a blank stare.

Both of the ranged troopers fired their weapon off, but neither was able to hit their mark. Both also kept track of where their projectile went, and both saw that it was unbroken when it landed.

To draw the dagger, Owen had to drop the sling.

---

The last remaining bandit curses and moves up, closer to Owen. He swings with both of his swords. One swing goes wide and the second is deftly dodged by the halfling.

---

Turn: Carnel, Falog
(Will dictate what happened for them and then will go on to the second group. The start/end of a round is still a cut-off point for turn actions.)

Current Positions: (Each block is 5 feet)
M| |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | |U| | | | |
M| | |E| | | | | | | | | | | | | |O|B| | |
M| |W| | | | | | | | | | | |G|C| | | | | |

The Ms are there to keep the rows and columns enlarged. Dark red letters are unconscious enemies. Red letters are enemies. Black letters are you guys. Striked out letters mean dead.

Cole10000
2012-06-03, 10:40 PM
Carnel sees her hired goons outright killing the bandits, shaking her head there was nothing she could do about it now even though she would have liked to take them in for questioning.

She then makes her was over to the final bandit and does a regular attack (Non-lethal damage)

[roll0]
[roll1]

LordDice
2012-06-03, 10:40 PM
Seeing the "hostage" has fallen, Falog moves to assist the halfling.

5ft step back to starting position.
Intimidating strike, 0 bonus
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Intimidate if hit [roll2]

Linguz
2012-06-03, 10:53 PM
Carnel's fist sends the man unconscious, but Falog stabs him when he's down. Blood begins to pool around the man.

---

Combat: Over
Experience: 100xp each.
Bonus: Carnel, 10xp. Carnel gets 10 more experience for knocking two of them out instead of going directly for kills.

Cole10000
2012-06-03, 10:55 PM
Carnel quickly gives Falog a quick angry glare for striking a down man and tries to stop his wounds from bleeding, calling out as she did so.

"Those of you over there, see if you can keep any of them alive, I want to question them."

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-03, 10:56 PM
Carnel quickly gives Falog a quick angry glare for striking a down man and tries to stop his wounds from bleeding

Using makeshift tools from the man's body (his shirt and the like), you are able to stop his bleeding and stabilize him.

Electrobolt
2012-06-03, 10:59 PM
Elhand looked over to the woman who had requested them to try and rescue the kidnapped girl and nodded. Walking over to the one archer that was still out cold, he knelt down and tried his best to patch up his wounds.

Heal check: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-03, 11:02 PM
Elhand looked over to the woman who had requested them to try and rescue the kidnapped girl and nodded. Walking over to the one archer that was still out cold, he knelt down and tried his best to patch up his wounds.

You are unable to stop the bleeding, but it seems that it has already mostly stopped.

(He rolled a 1 on a 1d10 to get stable himself last round.)

Electrobolt
2012-06-03, 11:09 PM
Noticing the bleeding had seemed to stop, Elhand felt like he wasn't in much rush now. But there was the chance that the wound would open again. So this time, he took his time to make sure the wound was properly treated.

(Take 20 on Heal check)

LordDice
2012-06-04, 12:48 AM
Falog shrugs a bit at the recently stabbed enemy before wiping his speartip on the fallen bandits clothes.

Digging around in his pack for some rope, he takes a moment and cuts off a few lengths and ties up the wounded prisoners.

"Deceitful scum, take no chance"

Valdren
2012-06-04, 12:48 AM
Owen gathers his sling and sheathes his dagger. "So, you wouldn't happen to know where those bandits are hiding, or even where exactly we are, would you?" he casually asks as he makes his way to retrieve the bag of gems. "I'm also guessing your boss will want his ransom money back."

packersfan
2012-06-04, 11:02 AM
walking around the wounded bandits. Would you like me to heal any of them ma'am?

ShadowySilence
2012-06-04, 01:56 PM
Luetas looks over the various bandits lying about shaking his head *definitely not what I expected* he thought to himself. He then worries that perhaps there may be bandits who did not show their faces, still hiding in the woods or even going to warn a larger group of bandits nearby.

"Korvin wake up!" he says a little worriedly.

The raven wakes up cawwing and making other various noises upon his shoulder, somehow throughout the fighting he had fallen asleep right on Luetas' shoulder. "Wha-what!?" the bird gasps "Are we under attack?"

Luetas laughs and looks around "You missed the action already, but I need you to scout the nearby woods and see if any of these ruffians are still out and about. Especially watch for any that may be going to warn other bandits of our presence. Once you finish your scouting come back and report your findings, I'm going to suggest we move out of here soon so we should be somewhere along the road. Just keep an eye out for us, otherwise if worst comes to worst meet me back in town near the tavern if you can."

The raven huffs a little but does as he was told.

He then turns to the other adventurers (wherever they may be, but mostly addressing Carnel), "We should collect these scum and get out of here as soon as possible. Who knows how many bandits are hiding in these woods working with these goons, I personally don't want to wait around to be gutted. Interrogating them within the city walls may prove more productive than out here anyway, most of them are too beat up to be useful as of now, they need to heal first. Also, if the one with the horse would let us borrow it to utilize as a bandit carrier that would be quite useful," he then thinks if he had missed anything, his mind trying to run over all possible variables. "Ah yes, I also sent my raven to scout the woods for us, so if there are any more ruffians around these parts he should be able to alert us to possible danger."

He waits patiently for an answer or suggestions for others.

Korvin:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Linguz
2012-06-08, 07:31 PM
@Everyone:
Due to no word from Coal about his computer problems, I have decided to carry on without him. I have no idea if he'll return tomorrow or a month later, so I decided not to wait and find out.

---

@Owen:
Your superior senses triumph and you see a shadow snake its way from the melee warrior to Carnel. You follow it with your eyes, noticing that there is nothing that could be making the shadow, and see it crawl up Carnel's left leg.

When the bird takes off, Carnel appears to freeze in place. She didn't respond to anyone or anything, for a few seconds, before turning to Falog. She quickly took a few steps to get within striking distance and sent a punch directed at him. The fist impacted, hard. Take 6 damage.

-----

Order:
> Luetas, Elhand, Falog, Owen, Lucian
> Carnel (Enemy)

A space with a knocked out enemy counts as difficult terrain.

M| |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | |U| | | | |
M| | |E| | | | | | | |O| | | | | | |B| | |
M| |W| | | | | | | | | | | |G|F|C| | | | |
M| | |L| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

The Ms are there to keep the rows and columns enlarged. Dark red letters are unconscious enemies. Red letters are enemies. Black letters are you guys. Striked out letters mean dead.

A) Archer, W) Warrior (melee-bandit), B) Bandit (dual-wielding bandit), G) Girl, C) Carnel
E) Elhand, O) Owen, U) Luetas, F) Falog, L) Lucian

Electrobolt
2012-06-08, 08:30 PM
Upon looking back, Elhand caught Carnel connecting one of her punches to Falog's body. Seeing this sight confused him. One minute, she employed them to rescue the kidnapped girl, and the next she's attacking them? "What has gotten into her???!!" he questioned, rather loudly at that. Seeing as he was quite a distance to attempt any sort of help, he moved as quickly as possible towards Falog. (directly under G on the map)

LordDice
2012-06-08, 09:49 PM
Unsure and suprised at the sudden attack Falog scrambles slightly and tries to get a few feet distance, bringing up his longspear between them.

"What are you doing ?!"

Grimacing at what will surely be a massive bruise, he quickly swings his spear around trying to catch the monk with the butt end.

5ft step, diagonally above the unconsious/tied hostage girl.
Carnel should take a little jolt of acid from the energy shield, 2 damage.

Nonlethal attack to subdue
[roll0]
Dam[roll1]

Valdren
2012-06-08, 11:44 PM
Owen looks at the shadow with a sideways, confused look. When it comes to light what it is, Owen is just a hair to late in warning, "That warrior had some sort of shadow being in him, it lept into her now!"

Not sure how this kinda magic worked, Owen guesses that the trigger must be death. With that in mind, he slings a stone, aiming for a non-vital area.

attack [roll0]
nonlethal damage [roll1]

ShadowySilence
2012-06-09, 05:07 PM
Luetas heard what Owen said and tries to think of he could remember anything on the matter of body snatching shadows and any way to stop and or cure them.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Knowledge Relgion: [roll1]
Knowledge History: [roll2]

He then moves towards Carnel (six spaces right), knocks an arrow, and says "We better still be getting payed!!!" Then he considers what might happen after killing Carnel... "Wait if we kill her we need to hide the body, they'll think we killed her and she was innocent!" He then considers what he just said, and the intelligence of such a statement in front of possible witnesses [COLOR="Purple"]"Or if we can capture her, maybe we can get her to a cleric who can heal her!"

Attack Chance: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

packersfan
2012-06-09, 08:50 PM
Lucian runs and grapples carnel.

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-09, 09:08 PM
Falog's spear hits Carnel, but she stays up. Owen's rock seems to hit her, but she doesn't even flinch when hit by it. Luetas's arrow heads right for the girl, but something stops the arrow from piercing her skin and it just bounces off her.

Lucian is only able to get so far before he has to stop (2
---

Knowledge Arcana: [8]
Knowledge Religion: [13]
Knowledge History: [10]

You don't remember anything about magical shadows.

---

(It seems that I might have made a mistake between Lucian and Luetas. It also seems that each of them made the same mistake, for Lucian was L and he was too far to grapple Carnel while Luetas was U and doesn't get closer to Carnel through a run. To simplify things, those two characters moved to different spaces between the combats. I have also changed their symbols. L is now Luetas and U is now Lucian.)

Order:
> Luetas, Elhand, Falog, Owen, Lucian
> Carnel (Enemy)

A space with a knocked out enemy counts as difficult terrain.

M| |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
M| | | | | | | | | | |O| | |F| |U| |B| | |
M| |W| | | | | | | | | | | |G| |C| | | | |
M| | | | | | | | |L| | | | |E| | | | | | |

A) Archer, W) Warrior (melee-bandit), B) Bandit (dual-wielding bandit), G) Girl, C) Carnel
E) Elhand, O) Owen, L) Luetas, F) Falog, U) Lucian

Electrobolt
2012-06-09, 09:49 PM
Noticing that the arrow just bounced off, he was confused. *How did that arrow not pierce her?* he thought to himself. Shaking his head, he moved closer to her, on the opposite side of Lucian. Wielding his two weapons in a different fashion, he tried to strike Carnel without dealing any lethal damage to her.

Battleaxe Damage (Non-lethal): [roll1]
Handaxe Attack: [roll2]
Handaxe Damage (Non-lethal): [roll3]

ShadowySilence
2012-06-10, 02:16 PM
Luetas curses to himself when the arrow bounces off, although at least now he couldn't be charged with assault if the guards mistook the scene for some sort of banditry or worse. He also cursed silently at the fact that he knew nothing of this strange creature "I've never heard of such a creature before, you are sure it was a shadow that overtook her!?"

He moves 4 spaces right, one space down, and one more space right. He knocks another arrow, but this time attempts to deal non-lethal damage (hopefully to a leg to keep her from running or chasing them down if that becomes the case). "Scientifically speaking, if this arrow also is deflected I will surmise that she is more than likely protected through some sort of shield created by the creature. Of course this is but conjecture, but alas, all science is I'm afraid..."

His slight scientific magical study background pops up again, attempting to explain and quantify data on the battlefield.

Attack Chance (non-lethal so +4 and -4): [roll0]
Damage (non-lethal): [roll1]

Valdren
2012-06-10, 10:27 PM
"Yes yes, that's what I saw!" Owen shouts as he tosses his sling. As he does so, he hurries in a wide arc to end standing next to Carnel, opposite Falrog. On his way in, he draws his a small dagger, obviously done with playing nice.

Drop sling, double move to stay out of AOO range, free action to draw a weapon while moving.

LordDice
2012-06-13, 04:32 PM
Hearing that this is foul magic Falog redoubles his efforts into subduing his employer.

We must keep an eye out to insure this does not happen to us as well."

Attacking non-lethal /w flanking from Owen
[roll0]
Dam [roll1]

packersfan
2012-06-13, 06:46 PM
Luicen procedes to grapple Carnel

grapple:

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-06-13, 06:55 PM
Lucien grabs Carnel as she falls, now unconscious. You have knocked a possessed girl unconscious, congratulations.

(Everyone save Carnel gets 75xp.)

Electrobolt
2012-06-13, 07:52 PM
Elhand let out a sigh as he saw the now unconscious girl get knocked out, then caught by Lucien. "I don't know what just happened..." began Elhand, "But it seems like we now have four people to carry..." He then walked over to the bandit archer that was knocked out cold and started to carry him back to his horse.

LordDice
2012-06-13, 08:47 PM
Falog walks around a moment after seeing the immediate danger pass, taking a second to search the unconscious and even the dead man for anything interesting and stripping them of any weapons they might have hidden on them.

"We can leave the dead one, Some are tied already. We tie up employer here until she comes to her senses.

If we have a bit more rope we can tie these bandits together and wait for them to wake and walk back."

packersfan
2012-06-13, 09:09 PM
Lucian sets Carnel down and tries to recall if he learned or read anything that might help explain what just happen to Carnel

Knowledge rolls:

Arcane: [roll0]
Religon: [roll1]
The planes: [roll2]

Linguz
2012-06-13, 09:20 PM
Lucian sets Carnel down and tries to recall if he learned or read anything that might help explain what just happen to Carnel

Knowledge rolls:

Arcane: 2
Religon: 10
The planes: 6

You don't remember anything about this.

---

Falog walks around a moment after seeing the immediate danger pass, taking a second to search the unconscious and even the dead man for anything interesting and stripping them of any weapons they might have hidden on them.

After searching their bodies and stopping Elhand so you could search the archer, you find...

Dead bandit: > 1 Morningstar
> 1 Hide (Armor)
> 1 Havy Wooden Shield
> 4 Silver Pieces
> 1 Trail Ration
Archer: > 1 Shortbow
> 10 Arrows
> 1 Leather (Armor)
> 3 Silver Pieces
> 1 Trail Ration
> 1 Crudely Drawn Map
Dual-Wielding Bandit: > 2 Shortswords
> 1 Leather (Armor)
> 5 Silver Pieces
Girl: > 1 Dagger
> 30 feet of Hempen Rope (from when she was tied)
> A small sack (which was covering her head)
You do not search Carnel, as she is your employer (unless you're also meaning to search her, but that'd require specifically saying so).

Valdren
2012-06-14, 01:16 AM
Owen sheathes his knife, thankful he didn't have to use it. "Well now that that's over with, what do we do with the shadow-possessed lass?" He asks the party, careful to keep a fair distance from Carnel, lest the shadow-thing pops out of her and goes for him.

LordDice
2012-06-14, 01:14 PM
Tossing the bandits weapons and armor into a single pile while setting the small bag with their collected coins next to it.

Taking a look at the map he takes a moment to get his bearings and see if anything of interest is marked.

"Map here, could lead to actual hostage." he says, handing the map around.

After handing out the map he cuts off a short length of rope from the false hostage and tosses it towards their employer. "At least tie her up until she wakes up, Don't want to be hit like that again"

Using the remainder of the rope he ties the rest of the already bound prisoners together in a sort of "chain" gang.

Linguz
2012-06-14, 01:45 PM
The map is very crudely drawn, but you do seem to be able to make out the forest and the town. There's an X around some hills as well, bordering the forest. It's not through the entire forest, in fact one wouldn't need to go through it at all to get to the X, seeing as it's to the side of the forest.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-14, 03:40 PM
Luetas breathes a sigh of relief when he sees the girl fall unconscious, *one more disaster averted* he thinks. He walks up to the group near the horse after helping retrieve any bandits and gear still lying around (he grabs that arrow that bounced off Carnel as well).

He takes a good look at the map as Falog begins passing it around. He rubs his chin, considering their possible courses of action. "Our first order of business should be to get our prisoners to town, get information out of them, and try to find someone who can remove that shadow from our employer," he frowns slightly. "I am unsure whether it would be wiser to bring her to a cleric or my companions at the Mage's Guild. I would love to study the affects of this shadow, but due to its dangerous nature I suggest we simply attempt to purge it for now. I will listen if others have something to say on the matter of our employer, but for now I feel the cleric would be the best option open to us that doesn't involve outright killing her."

He begins to pace, watching the skies for his raven's possible return. "After interrogating our prisoners, hopefully gaining information on the real hostage and the camp that this map likely suggests, and healing our employer, I then suggest we scout the area around the x. It would not be wise to walk blindly into the bear's cave, even if we believe the bear to be asleep. We must make haste, for if the group still holding our damsel notices something amiss they may attempt to move or perhaps put the girl in further danger."

He groans and then whipsers as he continues pacing "Where is that damned featherbrain..."

packersfan
2012-06-15, 08:18 AM
walking over to the group. I'll take her back to the church when we get to town, the high priest there will know what to do.

Valdren
2012-06-15, 12:02 PM
Owen takes his turn at the map before handing it back to Falrog. "Well then, I suppose we'd best be on our way. W have much to do, and my short legs only take me so fast." And with that, he grabs the gem bag and heads back toward where he thinks town might be, then stops and turns to the group, "does anyone know the way back?"

LordDice
2012-06-15, 01:41 PM
Seeing that they're heading out already Falog takes a second to unpack his blanket and tries to wrap up the pile of weapons the bandits had on them, tossing their rations into his pack.

Answering before they even ask. "No idea how much we're even being paid yet, these will help cover costs"

Securing the blanket to his pack he grabs the trail end of the rope holding the prisoners and gets ready to head out.

"Time to wake up, it's walking time" he comments to the bound unconscious prisoners.

Switching to Vigor aura for some fast healing, considering the prisoners "allies" long enough for them to wake up, then back to energy shield like usual.

Linguz
2012-06-15, 04:05 PM
Korvin returns and tells Luetas that he found nothing. Thanks to Falog, the prisoners didn't even need to be carried. The horse is loaded up with Carnel and you're on your way.

Soon, you find yourself back in the town. It's still pretty early, judging by the position of the sun.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-16, 05:11 AM
Luetas is grateful that the prisoners were able to walk themselves back to town, it made the whole process considerably easier. He was also glad to see his small friend return, even if he brought with him no news.

When they arrived back in town he says to the party, while addressing Lucian specifically "You said you could take our employer to the high priest earlier, if you would do so with one other of our party the rest of us could question the prisoners and then bring them into the custody of the watch. We could also send one person to sell the weapons that were collected, but that is not neccesary at the moment. Who here is skilled in the ways of gathering information from ruffians such as these?"

He waits to see what the others say.

packersfan
2012-06-16, 05:06 PM
Walk over to Carnel If the bindings are good I can take her myself.

Electrobolt
2012-06-16, 07:55 PM
Elhand looked over to Lucian and walked over to him, saying to him, "If you don't mind, I'll go along with you. It's best to be prepared for anything, after all."

Valdren
2012-06-16, 10:32 PM
"I won't be much help persuading those bandits, so I'll keep with the priest, just in case. I don't want that shadow to start making it's rounds amongst the locals, and who knows when she'll wake up." Owensays as he eyes Carnel's unconscious body wearily.

LordDice
2012-06-16, 11:30 PM
Falog sighs and starts tugging the prisoners along. "Will see what I can get out of them. Then turn them in.

"On our way out I noticed a small clearing outside of town, I'll be there interrogating them before turning them over, don't want people to come asking questions about the noise."

Taking a second to detatch the bundle of weapons from his pack he tosses it onto the ground. "Sell em, get some coin for us".

Turning back to the weapon bundle after he walked away a second he digs around, pulling out a dagger in plain view of the prisoners. "Actually, I'm gonna need this for a bit...this isn't spearwork"

Grabbing the line leading the prisoners he starts leading them out to the clearing at spearpoint.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-17, 05:26 AM
Luetas sighs "Well I suppose that leaves me to sell the items then, Korvin you watch Falog and if anything unfortunate befalls him come to me immediately in the marketplace so I can come to his aid."

With a nod Korvin flies off to watch Falog do his dirty work and Luetas begins to make his way towards the nearest marketplace with the goods in hand.

Linguz
2012-06-17, 01:31 PM
@Lucian, Elhand, and Owen: You take the unconscious Carnel to the cleric. You end up in front of a church. It's rather big and on the east side of town. Going inside, you are approached by a young male cleric. "A hurt person? Set her down and I'll heal her."

Falog: The prisoners go without complaint, after they saw the dagger. You soon arrive back at the clearing with the prisoners.

@Luetas: You take the items down to the marketplace and see a variety of vendors and stores. Some you know from other times that you've come down here, some you've never spoken to due to no need. (Capital city, pretty much has all types of vendors.)

ShadowySilence
2012-06-17, 03:59 PM
Luetas makes his way through the crowd to where he knows there are some vendors who deal in weapons and armor, he approaches the closest stand and hails the vendor "Do you buy used arms and armor here?"

LordDice
2012-06-17, 05:52 PM
Arriving at the clearing Falog takes a second to tie off the rope-chain of prisoners to a nearby tree before addressing the prisoners.

"First things first, nobody says a word yet. Now, I don't mind doing this kind of work because I've got a little magic passed on through my family line that'll ensure you stay alive and relatively unmarked."

Taking the butt end of his longspear he knocks the one closest to the tree out with a blow to the head.

"So I'm going to knock you out and question you one by one. If I hear any differences in the stories you tell...well then we get the knife out. You'd better believe I can keep you alive and in agony for a long time.

Walking down the line he proceeds to knock all of them out by the last one..and starts his questioning.

"Where is the actual Girl we were to rescue and is she still alive ?"

"How did you manage to kidnap her ?"

"Did someone hire you to kidnap her ?"

"Why did you try a false hostage ?"

"How many people in your gang of thugs ? and of those not here who are they and what are their specialties ?"

"A shadowy black "snake" seemingly took over one of our own, what do you know of it ?"

Just knocking all but one out, questioning them before knocking them out and focusing my Vigor aura on the next prisoner as a temporary ally. Waking him up and repeating the process.

Valdren
2012-06-17, 10:31 PM
Owen holds up a hand to the priest, warning him before he touches Carnel, "Umm, perhaps you should first know that some sort of shadowy body snatcher overpowered her. Hence why she's knocked out."

packersfan
2012-06-19, 09:31 AM
Yes, we need to see the High Priest right away. We have no clue what is affecting her and we need someone of his expertise to banish the shadow inside of her.

Linguz
2012-06-19, 02:19 PM
@Luetas: The middle-aged man behind the counter looks at you for a moment before replying with a quick, "[Trader] Yea. You got something?"

@Church People: The boy takes a step away from her. "[Boy] Oh, yes, indeed. Follow me." He leads you off into the church, up a flight of stairs, and into another room. An elder elf sits inside, reading a dusty tome, and his attention is drawn to you when you enter. The boy explains what you told him and the elder turns his attention to you yet again. "[Elder] Explain to me, in detail, what you saw."

@Falog: (To make this easier, I'll just be answering in bullet points.)
First prisoner, archer: I don't know. I'm not with her, so I have no idea.
I didn't kidnap her. Don't know.
My leader doesn't tell us anything.
To get money, what else?
Plenty. Do you want the list, because that would take a long time.
Nothing.
First prisoner, girl: Probably back at our hideout. I don't know. They might've moved her. She might get killed, though, after this.
I woke up and she was in a cage.
You'd have to ask our lord.
Do I really need to answer that, or can you figure it out on your own? It's pretty obvious, in my opinion.
Like I'd betray our own.
Now you're talking bull****.
First prisoner, ranger: In your ass and around the corner. I don't know, maybe you'd like to check?
We had some candy. We dangled it in front of her. She came.
She hired us to kidnap her.
We thought it'd be more entertaining to keep the girl for ourselves. She screams, y'know.
Just us, your mom, and anyone else you care about.
That would be... I don't even know how to respond to that. You've got crazy. It's pretty obvious this man isn't taking this seriously, at all.

ShadowySilence
2012-06-19, 03:34 PM
Luetas smiles as he pulls out the goods retrieved from the battle "Indeed I do good sir, take a look." He unfurls the wrappings around the goods and lets the man study them.

Valdren
2012-06-19, 08:18 PM
Owen explains "After slaying a bandit,a black shadow sort of slithered out of him and crawled up her leg. Then she went all possessed and attacked us. It was a real pain knocking her out after that."

LordDice
2012-06-19, 10:48 PM
After listening to the prisoners for awhile, Falog comes back to the ranger that seemingly thinks this is a joke.

"I'm sorry you don't feel like taking this seriously."

Pulling out the dagger he places it right at the Ranger's family jewels. Leaning in quite menacingly.

Now I really don't want to do this, but there's a little girl out there we were supposed to recover, So tell me what I want to know or go through life a eunuch.

Intimidate was 14, not sure if that roll is going to break when I edit this)
Adding in an Intimidate to see if that helps loosen his lips [roll0]

packersfan
2012-06-20, 11:57 AM
It was like nothing I have ever seen, read, or heard about Good Father.

Linguz
2012-06-21, 12:49 PM
@Luetas: The merchant looked over the items, judging their worth. "I'll give you... fourty gold pieces for all this."

(You'll be selling a morningstar, hide, heavy wooden shield, shortbow, 10 arrows, 2 leathers, and 2 shortswords.)

@Falog: (No, editing doesn't break rolls.)

The man suddenly froze and his breathing slowed down. He spoke quickly, "[B] I know nothing. They don't tell us anything except out task."

@Everyone Else: The elf recited a few words and moved his hands in specific movements before looking again at the girl. "[E] Something magical is definitely pulsing through her. I'll try to dispel it." He spoke some more words and moved his arms around again. The Elder shook his head after he repeated the first spell. "[E] It's still on her. I don't think it's something I can remove here... you might have better luck with the wizard's guild."

ShadowySilence
2012-06-21, 03:24 PM
Luetas rubs his beard as he considers the offer.

Appraisal Check: [roll0]

He then says "How about 55 gold pieces good sir, the shortbow and morningstar are fine items for sure?"

LordDice
2012-06-21, 07:10 PM
"Good, now that we understand each other better. I've only a few more questions."

Starting with the ranger and the other two unconscious again he begins with the same questioning method.

Handing them a twig
"Draw a crude map and describe where your hideout is located, along with any extra entrances and other meeting points."

"And last but not least, what's the name of your Lord ?"

"Failure to answer accurately can end up with life altering consequences" Twirling the dagger in his hand a bit, he leaves the threat up to their imagination.

Valdren
2012-06-22, 01:02 AM
Owen takes a look up at his co-adventurer as he inquires, "Well then, I guess we'd best be off to talk to the wizards, unless you have something that you need to take care of here first? I can't exactly carry her myself."

Electrobolt
2012-06-22, 02:08 AM
Elhand walked over to Owen after hearing his remark. "I have nothing to take care of here," he said. Then he added, "I'll also be willing to carry her myself, if you'd like."

Valdren
2012-06-22, 11:43 AM
Owen chuckles, "Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm willing to help. I just don't want to go dragging our employer through the mud all the way the the wizard's guild. We could try waking her while she's tied up, but I doubt that's a good idea."

packersfan
2012-06-23, 01:33 PM
Icould heal her back to bearly conscience so if need be we can put her back out quickly and one of use might want to go and find Luetas, he might have some pool with the wizard guild

Valdren
2012-06-23, 03:00 PM
"Good idea! I'll hunt down our wizard while you can stay here to see if you can keep her under control, or start on your way to the wizard's guild." And with that, Owen takes off toward the market to find Luetas. When he finds him, he'll pass on what the priest told Owen about saving Carnel.

Linguz
2012-07-02, 06:35 PM
(Sorry 'bout the wait...)

Falog: The ranger looks at you and says, "Kinda hard to do that when we're tied to a tree." After whatever reaction he received and when he was unbound, you drew a rough map which showed trees on one side and spikes, which he assures you are hills, on another. He draws a circle below them and tells you that's the city. He draws an X on the makeshift map, putting it in the hills near the forest. "I don't know of any extra entrances.

Luetas: The trader shakes his head. [b]"No can do. Forty gold pieces is still my offer."

Others: Owen leaves the church and heads towards the marketplace.

ShadowySilence
2012-07-02, 06:42 PM
Luetas sighs, and with a shrug consents. He never was a master at trade, and 40 gold pieces was still a good haul considering they got the goods as loot. "Well 40 gold pieces is better than none, I'll take your offer." He extends his hand to shake in agreement to the price.

LordDice
2012-07-03, 04:04 PM
Falog

Nodding to himself as he sees the map laid out, afterwards tying that prisoner back into the line before healing them all to wakefulness.

"Well, I'm sure you've managed to keep some crucial details from me...but I'm no professional interrogator. So it's back to town for us."

Untying them from the tree, he proceeds to walk them into town to the local Guards.
Switching back to Energy Shield aura

Valdren
2012-07-04, 10:15 AM
As Owen makes his way through the market, he stops now and again to climb on top of poles and, if he can find someone nice enough, people. Being short was a real pain sometimes. Finally spotting the one he was searching for, he makes his way through the crowd and says from behind the mage, "So, how goes the selling? When your done, we may need you at the wizard's guild."