PDA

View Full Version : Help me make Train Heartnet for Pathfinder Society!

Prospector
2012-05-30, 09:54 PM
Hello my fellow role players. Been away from the boards for a while now and come before you in need of help. I recently was re-watching Black Cat and decided I wanted to make Train Heartnet. After reading various Gunslinger threads this is what I came up;

Human Gunslinger (Pistolero)

Faction: Shadow Lodge

Stats: Str 10, Dex 18 (+2 Racial), Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 08

Traits: Reactionary (+2 Initiative), Fortified (Once a day 25% to cancel a critical)

Skills to be Advanced: Acrobatics, Craft(Alchemy)[1 rank], Knowledge(Local), Perception, Stealth, Survival

Feats:
1. Deadly Aim, Point-Blank Shot
3. Rapid Reload
4. Rapid Shot
5. Precise Shot
7. Weapon Focus
8. Snap Shot
9. Improved Snap Shot
11. Signature Deed (Up Close and Deadly)
12. Combat Reflexes

Is this a good representation? (Note the Pathfinder Society limitations: 20 pt build, no archetypes that give guns to non-Gunslingers, character retires at lvl 12 and Pathfinder material only). Or do you have different (possibly better) idea? I'm all ears.

Waker
2012-05-30, 10:36 PM
It's been years since I've read/watched any Black Cat, so I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Only thing that I would suggest, mostly for flavor purposes, is to grab Catch Off-Guard. I recall Train using his gun in melee on a few situations to knock people out. Maybe dip a level or two of Monk to get the Wis to AC and Evasion.
Sadly the Assassin PrC is crappy. Would also be nice if Zen Archer Monk didn't specifically say bow rather than just ranged weapon.

Edit: Of course I now notice the Pistol Whip Deed.

Prospector
2012-05-30, 11:08 PM
It's been years since I've read/watched any Black Cat, so I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Only thing that I would suggest, mostly for flavor purposes, is to grab Catch Off-Guard. I recall Train using his gun in melee on a few situations to knock people out. Maybe dip a level or two of Monk to get the Wis to AC and Evasion.
Sadly the Assassin PrC is crappy. Would also be nice if Zen Archer Monk didn't specifically say bow rather than just ranged weapon.

Edit: Of course I now notice the Pistol Whip Deed.

I too wish you could do a Zen Gunner. Maybe they'll make a new archetype of it for us. Anyway, I'm now wondering if I should take something else other than the Snap chain, since it only really takes affect after I retire the characte, for lvls 7-12. Any ideas on other feats that would be appropriate to Train and be good on a gunslinger?

Waker
2012-05-30, 11:52 PM
As I said, can't quite recall too much about Train, but some general advice. Snap Shot doesn't really impress me and of course Weapon Focus is always underwhelming. Extra Grit is a handy feat, Clustered Shot can be useful if you deal against enemies with high DR, No Name might be interesting if you are going more for the anime version of Black Cat. If you like the idea of his gun being special, you might take the Master Craftsman feat, allowing you to modify your gun without being a spellcaster

Prospector
2012-05-31, 08:48 AM
I've considered Clustered Shot, it functions similar to the deed Dead Shot but no grit cost. Not sure if precision damage or weapon prop.s stacks with it though. No Name seems like a more a Mysterious Stranger feat, and while it can be combined with Pistolero by RAW it makes the Character slightly more MAD. Another I thought might be appropriate was Riccochet Shot, but not sure how effective it really is.

I forgot to mention that you are not able to craft things in PFS. I have the 1 piont in craft alchemy to get the 50% discount on Alchemical Cartidges.

Prospector
2012-06-01, 12:48 PM
Wow, seems like a lot of people are not that interested. I'm set on the first 5 feats plus signature deed at 11, but I'm thinking I should take something else for the other 4. Any ideas? Could someone please tell if the Grit Feats (besides Signature Deed I know that one's good) are worth taking?