PDA

View Full Version : dfa feat advice

planswalker
2012-05-31, 01:07 PM
I have a DFA (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=313338) character that's currently in a game. He's already seen months of play.

I'm looking for advice on some feats I could take at 12, 15, or 18 that would be fun to play with. I'm not interested in retraining anything and this isn't a request for things that will necessarily make him more powerful, but ideally something that can open up some fun new options to toy with.

Unless the wisdom of this section shows something or I figure something out, my plan is to just throw in mildly usable draconic feats to boost the "count-me" feats. And possibly adding in landlord to help me build a base of operations. Leadership has netted him a very snazzy bard cohort who'll be testing out some dm homebrew feats and going into the bard prc that'll grant it full casting. I could use a base of operations and using SBG to build it myself to house my little mob of followers could be fun.

The character thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208130), in case you want to read it.

if you think you can help me but want clarifications, please just ask.

Essence_of_War
2012-05-31, 01:36 PM
Some things that come to mind:

Flyby Attack is an obvious choice. If you have access to Dragonlance CS, then I'd also take Flyby Breath and maybe Strafing Breath.

Steadfast Determination (requires Endurance) might be worth it since you're basically Con SAD.

Obtain Familiar + Improved Familiar from CW.

Do you have Entangling Exhalation yet? This is basically mandatory. It's amazing.

Ability Focus (Breath Weapon)

planswalker
2012-05-31, 01:43 PM
I don't have EE, am fully aware of how incredibly awesome it is, but don't plan on using it because... everyone does. Being a solo sandbox game, optimization wasn't as important as roleplaying savvy, so I decided I'd make a DFA without it unlike the rest of them I've made.

still, thanks for the suggestions on the rest of the feats. You've given me some fun choices to look at and play around with. I'm 3 levels away from taking anything, so it's not like I have to pick soon anyways.

edit: having read up on the strafing breath... definitely gonna go with that. With moderate cheesing of my fly speed, I'll be able to affect HUGE areas with my fivefold breath of Tiamat... which will totally be too awesome for words.

Essence_of_War
2012-05-31, 02:20 PM
Strafing Breath is quite good. It will eat all of your 12-18 feats but if you intend to decimate armies w/ 5-fold tiamat breath, it seems pretty good :smallsmile:

One last thing I'd mention is Extra Invocation. You get so few that unlocking more is almost always fantastic. Plus some DMs let you take Warlock invocations with it, and that's like getting free cookies!