PDA

View Full Version : 5th Level Touch spells

RFLS
2012-05-31, 06:36 PM
Can someone point me at some decent 5th level, fire/cold/electricity damage touch or ranged touch spells? The wotc spell list was not particularly helpful when I tried sorting it.

Randomguy
2012-05-31, 07:16 PM
It would help if you told us why you need those specific damage types, and why specifically in a touch attack.

Moonbow lets you shoot off a 1d4 electricity sparks as a ranged touch attack, each doing 1d6/2CL damage, max 10d6.

Lucent Lance is also a touch spell, but it doesn't have a specific damage type.

RFLS
2012-05-31, 08:29 PM
I need the spells for a monk-based gish class my DM homebrewed for me. One of my class features is Arcane Channeling from the Arcane fist class, and a limited spell list. The reason for the elemental damage types is that the class is centered around casting elemental spells. It also only casts up to 5th level spells, and we're having a hard time finding 5th level elemental touch spells to populate my spell list with.

Draz74
2012-05-31, 08:30 PM
Fire Breath, Complete Arcane. Wu Jen-only, IIRC.

ericgrau
2012-05-31, 09:45 PM
Storm Touch [Electricity], Magic of Eberron, page 103
Thalassemia, Stormwrack, page 123 (water based)
Unearthly Heat, Sandstorm, page 125 (heat based)

Not elemental but:
Vulnerability, Draconomicon, page 115 (reduces DR)

You might also try metamagic like empower and quicken. I know it's not elemental and it's level 1 but [quickened or etc.] shivering touch is especially good on monk gishes because you can flurry it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-05-31, 10:32 PM
Elemental touch or ranged touch spells, you say?

Snowcast, Black Lore of Moil, Uttercold, Split Ray, Twinned, Rod of Maximized... Enervation! With Arcane Thesis, of course. That would take a 5th level spell slot, or 4th with Invisible Spell, or 3rd with Sanctum Spell if you're outside the designated sanctum (and it lets you downgrade to a Lesser Rod of Maximize).

Empowered (Lesser Rod of Maximized) Shivering Touch is another good candidate for a 5th level spell slot.