PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Asmodean Demon Hunter (Ranger+Summoner PRC) [WIP]

deuxhero
2012-05-31, 11:16 PM
I really liked the concept given by trait of the same name (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/religion-traits/asmodean-demon-hunter-ruler-of-hell) (it's very Blood War and furthers Asmodeus's "thing" of being an evil deity with worshipers that are not kill on sight) but sadly that is the only mention of the organization. I also thought Ranger/Summoner was a cool concept (*cough*), but highly impractical not very synergistic build that could only work in Gestalt (and it's not the best choice for a Gestalt build), so I decided to fix both at once.

Note: While not stated in the feat because it predates Summoner, Boon Companion should boost an Eidolon like any other "pet".

Alignment: Due to their connection with the church of Asmodeus and their opposition to chaos, Asmodean demon hunters are always lawful. Those driven to the group by a desire to advance the position of Asmodeus are lawful evil, while those who seek the destruction of Demons are generally lawful netural, but a select few are lawful good.

Hit Die: d10

Requirements
Alignment: Any lawful
Skills: Knowledge: (Planes) 5 ranks
Special: Eidolon or Eidolon Brood, Favored Enemy: Outsider (evil) or Favored Enemy: Outsider (Chaotic)

Class Skills
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.
The Asmodean Demon Hunter's class skills are: Acrobatics (Dex), Diplomacy (Cha), and Sense Motive (Wis).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
+1|
+0|
+1|Demon Tracking, Fiendish Eidolon, Favored Enemy|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+3|
+2|
+1|
+2|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+4|
+3|
+2|
+3|True Death|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+5|
+3|
+2|
+3|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+6|
+3|
+2|
+3|Unmask Demon|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+7|
+4|
+2|
+4|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+8|
+4|
+3|
+4|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+9|
+5|
+3|
+5|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+10|
+5|
+3|
+5|Class Ability|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new Asmodean Demon Hunter level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in a spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the prestige class. He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Asmodean Demon Hunter, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Demon Tracking: An Asmodean Demon Hunter may use Knowledge: (Planes) in place of Survival checks to track outsiders with the Chaotic and Evil subtypes. He also applies his favored enemy bonus to these checks.

Fiendish Eidolon: Asmodean Demon Hunter and Summoner levels stack for determining a character's Eidolon(s)’s abilities, Hit Dice, evolution pool, and so on and his Eidolon gains the [lawful] and [evil] subtypes.

Favored Enemy: Asmodean Demon Hunter levels stack with Ranger levels for determining the bonus applied to his Favored Enemy ability. He does not however gain additional favored enemies.

True Death: Starting at 4th level, when an extraplanar demon is "killed" by an Asmodean Demon Hunter or his Eidolon, it does not return to its home plane and reform, but is destroyed entirely.

Unmask Demon (EX): At 6th level an Asmodean Demon Hunter has true seeing, as the spell of the same name, but only in respect to magical disguises of chaotic evil outsiders.

Things to do/need advice on:

Fill out the class

Class skills for prcs isn't really consistent in PF. Some (like Arcane Archer) only give a handful of skills that you may not have from your entry, while others give the "chassis" skills as well (the difference doesn't matter because of how class skills work in PF unless you entered though something really obscure). I went with the first because it was quicker

True Death is mostly fluff based (and I'm not even sure PF keeps that bit about demons) and there isn't anything (to my knowledge) to base the wording on (but there has to be a better wording than ""killed"").