PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the Sword and Sorcery Advanced Player's Guide?

Roxxy
2012-06-02, 02:39 PM
There are some things in this book I believe I want. I hear it has a spell point magis system and a skill based system, and I've been considering moving away from Vancian in my massive Pathfinder variant. I want to move over to Gradient (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243842), but I have concerns with balance (I have boosted martials, but I don't know if I did it enough) and how to keep Sorcerers flavorful (my idea is probably under or over powered). I managed to come up with a damn good flavor explanation for how gradient works, but that doesn't balance things. If either the spell point or skill based system is good, I may go that route. I'm also interested in the new classes, specifically core and elite, and the community builder. Finally, I want to see the wound system. My experience with wound points is that they make fights very scary, especially with multiple opponents. I would not use such a system in a heroic fantasy campaign because it's too deadly, but I would use it for dark fantasy or horror, and my homebrew setting is suppossed to be able to handle all three story feels, depending on what the group is in the mood for. If the wound system is good, it could use it when it fits and use the regular HP system when it doesn't.

Can anyone who owns the book tell me how well done these elements I'm interested were done.