PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Removing Spell XP Costs

Cardea
2012-06-02, 10:26 PM
Lets say you are a level 24 Wizard. Lets say you are human as well. Without using any Prestige Classes, Templates or other things to modify your build/race, could you help me out with the following:

How do I remove the (250) XP cost from an 8th-level spell?

Feats? Items to purchase with gold? Other spells? Some method of turning them into SLAs or SU? How would you go about doing this? The simpler, the better.

If at all relevant, if you can make it work to solve my problem, you can use the Spell-Like Ability High Arcana ability from Archmage.

If its impossible, I'll accept that. But I'm sure someone around here knows of a way to do this.

docnessuno
2012-06-02, 10:53 PM
Rod of Excellent Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/rods.htm#excellentMagic) is an option.

Buying a magic item casting the spell X/day is another option

Ernir
2012-06-02, 11:29 PM
Supernatural Transformation (feat, Savage Species), after creating an SLA out of it, might work.

Might. It's a problematic feat.

Acanous
2012-06-02, 11:32 PM
Why, exactly, do you need to remove the XP cost? Are you just over level 24 and don't have the XP to spend? Or are you trying to do something like get a summoned creature to cast it? (Because they won't if it has an XP component)