PDA

View Full Version : Check out the country I made.

Roxxy
2012-06-03, 04:49 PM
I'm still working on my homebrew campaign setting. The basic idea is one where firearms have become the primary weapons and magitech is an important part of the world. I've been going back and forth on mechanics and technological specifics for awhile (I'm at 1800 with repeating muskets, and I think I may finally have somewhere to stay in that regard), and I think it's time to put that off for a little while and do some actual world building. So, I wrote up a country in the world that's been in my mind for a long time (a blend of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and Canada):

Albhonna (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D6FpHxYfhR1V7Gk2izb5feZH_UD_Vhcn6dRjr_QUOrw/edit)

I'd appreciate a look at this first draft, with critique, general opinions, and advice on what information I should add so that new players have the information they need about the setting.

The Smoking Man
2012-06-24, 01:54 AM
Fantastic stuff. Looking forward to more.

As a Canadian (half Newfie, even) I can especially appreciate the aesthetic you're going for!

Can't wait to see how the rest of the world falls into place. Not much negative stuff to say about this homebrew. All in all excellent write-up with good description, nifty and unique cultural tidbits, and a cohesive feel.

TSM

Roxxy
2012-06-26, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the look! I've made a few changes to make Clanna for familial and the Navy a good patrol/pursuit force but poor conventional warfare force.