PDA

View Full Version : Good choices for Elder Eidolon?

Masaioh
2012-06-03, 10:54 PM
I am currently making a character for a 1-epic campaign, and I decided that I will make an elder eidolon to serve as a cohort of sorts. The only question is, what creature should I make? I will be making it somewhere in the range of level 15-20, and the DM has ruled that I need either a corpse or a live specimen of the base creature I choose.

My available gold will probably be higher than standard WBL. This campaign is going to be brutal, and I will probably need all the cheese I can get. I also plan on grafting a full set of magic items to this thing.

Note that the campaign hasn't started yet. I am required to have 1-30 planned in advance for my character, and I don't know what the other party members will be.

killianh
2012-06-03, 11:24 PM
depends on the class you choose, what kind of guy you build, etc to make an Elder eidolon that can really compliment you

Masaioh
2012-06-03, 11:26 PM
depends on the class you choose, what kind of guy you build, etc to make an Elder eidolon that can really compliment you

I'm making a fairly standard DMM Cleric.

killianh
2012-06-03, 11:34 PM
in that case how about a storm giant? or why not wait and just go with one of the epic level constructs?

maybe even take the route of incarnate construct?

Wavelab
2012-06-04, 05:22 AM
I once played an epic game and I had an Elder Eidolon for my character. Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=341417) it is. It's not particularly good, but it served it's purpose of distracting the enemy, since I was an archer who stood 3000 ft. away and shot people.

Masaioh
2012-06-04, 01:33 PM
Storm Giant sounds like a good choice. I've narrowed it down to either than or a Truly Horrid Umber Hulk