PDA

View Full Version : Illithids. Where tf?

CIDE
2012-06-04, 12:57 AM
Title says it. I know the race is listed in D20 Modern and brought up in a few places but after scouring my books tonight I couldn't find any sort of listing, in-world history, nada. Only I would've bet money a few hours ago that D20 Modern and its whole series of books had plenty of stuff covering Illithids.

Was I mistaken or does someone here know where to find this stuff?

Jeraa
2012-06-04, 01:07 AM
There is a lot of illithid stuff (including a bit on their history) in Lords of Madness, for 3.5 D&D.

But other then their stats, I haven't come across anything in an official d20 Modern book about illithids, except a couple of passing mentions (one organization employing them for their mental powers, and the half-fraal/half-illithid sample creature).

Demonic_Spoon
2012-06-04, 01:14 AM
Illithids appear in the Monster Manual(mind flayers), Lords of Madness, a couple of Dragon Magazine articles and MMV has Thoon Mind flayers. Don't know much about d20 modern so can't help you there.

Ravens_cry
2012-06-04, 01:20 AM
Heh, the picture of the Mind Flayer in the core d20 Modern book is my favourite. Preach it, Brother Squidface! :smalltongue:
That or the troll hockey player.:smallbiggrin:

bigstipidfighte
2012-06-04, 02:32 AM
In addition to the sources Dmonic Spoon mentioned, a new version of illithid stats using the psionic rules is presented in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, along with stats for Elder brains and a writeup on a new type of illithid-related critter. I believe some/all of this is covered in lords of madness as well, though.