PDA

View Full Version : Arcane and Divine spells for a Duskblade

Bloodgruve
2012-06-04, 10:00 AM
I am currently playing in a relatively lethal campaign that has a resurrection mechanic. We're not sure how long we can take advantage of it and it has its drawbacks. So I am rolling a backup character.

My backup will be an Archivist1/DuskbladeX that can work with some extra Arcane and Divine spells. My concept is a character that has researched all types of enemies and tactics to defeat them using Knowledge Devotion.

So my question is, if you could take one wiz/sorc spell and one divine spell of levels 1 through 6 each, what would they be? I am looking for spells that will either bolster the duskblade's damage or mitigate its lack of versatility.

Input is appreciated,

Blood~

BerronBrightaxe
2012-06-04, 10:14 AM
So my question is, if you could take one wiz/sorc spell and one divine spell of levels 1 through 6 each, what would they be? I am looking for spells that will either bolster the duskblade's damage or mitigate its lack of versatility.

Depending on your sources and from the top of my head..

arcane:
enlarge person, grease, heroics (swap feats depending on situation), heroism, greater invisibility, polymorph, disintegrate, finger of death

divine:
benediction, ring of blades, freedom of movement, righteous might

ehh.. that's kind of it.. back to work:smallbiggrin:

Bloodgruve
2012-06-04, 11:20 AM
Depending on your sources and from the top of my head..

Any 3.0/3.5 and possibly Pathfinder.

TYVM

Blood~

gallagher
2012-06-04, 11:31 AM
look at the various cleric handbooks out there for divine spells, since once you hit 4th level spells you become both the cleric and the party fighter. your divine spells will mostly be buffs

for arcane, pick a couple spells here and there that will fill some holes. you will need (improved) invisibility, blink/blur, any spell that makes fog/mist that also gives you a miss chance, fly, and whatver else you feel makes you more useful to the party

SSGoW
2012-06-04, 11:58 AM
If possible you may want to pick up a few Binder levels. I forget if this vestige is low level but there is one that let's you see in darkness... Even magical darkness. Cast darkness on yourself (or use the vestige ability) then go into melee and well slaughter the crap out of them. I'm not sure of to many things (aside from the Grue) that can see in magical darkness (please note that darkvision doesn't allow you to see in magical darkness).

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-04, 12:40 PM
If possible you may want to pick up a few Binder levels. I forget if this vestige is low level but there is one that let's you see in darkness... Even magical darkness. Cast darkness on yourself (or use the vestige ability) then go into melee and well slaughter the crap out of them. I'm not sure of to many things (aside from the Grue) that can see in magical darkness (please note that darkvision doesn't allow you to see in magical darkness).

For this trick, I actually prefer dipping warlock and grabbing that one invocation that allows you to do the exact same thing.

Archivist 3/Duskblade 13/Theurge 4 might be an interesting build for something like this.

Bloodgruve
2012-06-04, 01:19 PM
I'm looking to get into a couple 5th level spells so I can't really afford to lose caster levels. Archivist + Versatile Spellcaster with Harm for a big full attack. Also looking at Dark Knowledge+Knowledge Devotion for some flavor fun.

Thank you for the input so far,

Blood~

SSGoW
2012-06-04, 03:08 PM
For this trick, I actually prefer dipping warlock and grabbing that one invocation that allows you to do the exact same thing.

Archivist 3/Duskblade 13/Theurge 4 might be an interesting build for something like this.

I have yet to play a warlock, they sound fun though.