PDA

View Full Version : Dimensional Dervish Options (PF)

Entelechy
2012-06-04, 03:19 PM
I am trying to make a list of all the different classes that can make use of the dimensional agility tree.

Viable Choice
It could work
Bad Idea

Abundant Step Class Ability:
*Monks

Casters of Dimensional Door
*Bard
*Magus
*sorcerer/wizard
*Cleric (travel)
*Summoner
*Witch.

Did I miss anything? Would a rogue with the Use Magic Item skill and a wand of Dimensional Door qualify?
Any other classes that I miss?
Anyone disagree with my rankings?

StreamOfTheSky
2012-06-04, 04:42 PM
Monk is a horrible choice. Can't start on the chain till level 13 and won't have Dervish till 17.

Sorc/Wiz I would rate as blue IF doing it via Eldritch Knight or some other sort of gish.

Magus works fine for the feat line, the only problem is he has Bladed Dash and Force Hook Charge at lower spell levels, so it seems almost pointless to spend 3 feats on this.

For other classes, Horizon Walker can cast Dim. Door as a spell-like ability 3 + wis mod times per day w/ the right terrain type. Wis 18 would be 7 uses, which seems like plenty (Monk w/ 18 wis at level 17 has 12 ki points for up to 6 uses per day, just to compare; it gets even more lopsided as wis scores go up, due to abundant step costing 2 ki points). I think dipping into HW is one of the most optimal ways to do Dimensional Dervish. Or perhaps HW 10 with super crazy favored terrain bonuses and the TWF feats.

Shadowdancer RAW cannot qualify, but I think most groups would let them. That said, their max shadow jump distance per day severely limits how much they can use the feats, so I'd rate them red even if allowed by houserule.

deuxhero
2012-06-04, 06:53 PM
Actually, RAW they are pretty much (you don't take the -2 attack penalty so they do SOMETHING) complete waste for a Magus until the 3rd one, Dimensional Dervish (which allows you to teleport AND spell strike), as spell combat is a single on-going full-round action which means you only lose your swift action if you haven't used it. The OK if the GM rules otherwise, but RAW just means you lose the spell strike penalty (but can't full attack) and gain the charge bonuses with the second.

Oh and the chain appears to be limited by your speed, not the spell range. Lame.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-04, 07:36 PM
The best option is Synthesist Summoner, by far.

Valdras
2012-06-07, 04:45 AM
Can Bladed Dash be used with Spell Strike?

Ie as you make the movement the one strike you do is the Spell Strike?

StreamOfTheSky
2012-06-07, 10:34 AM
No, it's not a touch spell. But you can use it w/ spell combat and it gives you an attack on top of your full attack along with 30 ft of AoO-free movement, so it's already like "Pounce +1." Or even better, full attack +1 and then free withdraw action so the other guy can't return the favor. :)