PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing classes

Garan
2012-06-05, 12:00 AM
So I finally decided to actually read 3.5 Unearthed Arcana. I was mediumly interested, was already using the spell points system... Then I came upon the rules for Taint. Wheels started turning. I realized this could solve a ton of plot hole in the world/universe I was building. However, since I planned on a specific point in which it would appear, it was too late to just tell my paladin "Sorry, you don't work that way anymore". Anyway, the group will meet a member of the "Cleansers", a group devoted to destroying the taint in all of the 13 12 (one was already eaten and is responsible for the current story arc). Many of these are paladins, and they offer to teach the PCs. I decided to make it something they could mulitclass into if they'd like, with the ability to totally transfer levels in cleric and paladin.

These classes are essentially the same as before, but replacing "evil" and "undead" with "taint". However, I wanted to have something less "replacing", since the Taint is going to become the big enemy once I wrap up the current war. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make them more unique?