PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler/rouge help

Adan22222
2012-06-05, 03:23 PM
Hey I have just started playing my first melee character and I royally messed it up in a effort to get back on track would anyone be able to give me advice on how to get combat reflexes from ph adaptable flanking and vexing flanking from PH2 and daring outlaw from CScou the character is a 7swashbucklerCWar 1 fighter 1 tempest CAdv two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting dodge, mobility, spring attack, oversized two weapon fighting

Snowbluff
2012-06-05, 03:38 PM
With Daring Outlaw, it might be better to stick into Swashbuckler, imo. Fighter2 should help clear up the feats quite nicely otherwise.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-05, 03:44 PM
http://cdn.costumesupercenter.com/csc_inc/images/items/343x432/RM4243.jpg
Is she wearing enough rouge for you?

Adan22222
2012-06-05, 04:16 PM
Well my problem is I can't think of any way to get the feats before lvl 18 and I need to do fighter 2 otherwise I get -20% experience

Lonely Tylenol
2012-06-05, 04:31 PM
Well my problem is I can't think of any way to get the feats before lvl 18 and I need to do fighter 2 otherwise I get -20% experience

Uh-oh. Guys, we're dealing with the dreaded...

MULTICLASSING PENALTIES

OK, what's your race and favored class? Remember that multiclassing penalties don't (or at least shouldn't, in a sane world, brace for RAW rebuttal) apply to prestige classes, so if your favored class is Fighter or Swashbuckler, then you won't incur multiclassing penalties, ever, for multiclassing between the two.

Adan22222
2012-06-05, 05:24 PM
I'm talking about 3 levels of rouge my Race is human so I would need 2 levels of fighter to avoid the penelty

ChaosLord29
2012-06-05, 05:41 PM
The class is spelled 'Rogue'.

Rouge is what my girlfriend puts on her lips for very special occasions.

Deadlights
2012-06-05, 06:04 PM

This is a very common mistake, and I am no grammar nazi, but for some reason this mistake always drives me up the flippin' wall.

Adan22222
2012-06-05, 06:08 PM
I'm typing this out on a iPhone and it decided to auto correct rogue to rouge and I'm too busy at work to correct it

Demonic_Spoon
2012-06-05, 06:14 PM

What? I thought rouge went on the cheeks. :/ :smallconfused:

Deadlights
2012-06-05, 06:45 PM
What? I thought rouge went on the cheeks. :/ :smallconfused:

Technically, rouge is blush and goes on the cheeks, but since rouge is french for red, it's not unlikely that a lipstick color might also be called rouge.

http://mylifeaccordingtoshoes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-08, 08:00 AM
Technically, rouge is blush and goes on the cheeks, but since rouge is french for red, it's not unlikely that a lipstick color might also be called rouge.

http://mylifeaccordingtoshoes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg

Now you know. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc)

Aeryr
2012-06-08, 08:04 AM
Rouges are overpowered.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/41.jpg

Killer Angel
2012-06-08, 08:12 AM
Rouges are overpowered.

Weren't they over-powdered?

(run away and hide)

Ketiara
2012-06-08, 04:57 PM

(run away and hide)

Haha I love this forum!

Talya
2012-06-09, 11:31 AM

(run away and hide)

You are now sigged.

Daftendirekt
2012-06-09, 12:18 PM
Uh-oh. Guys, we're dealing with the dreaded...

MULTICLASSING PENALTIES

Wait, there are groups that actually use those? Why? I thought that part of the system was just universally ignored.

Curmudgeon
2012-06-09, 12:44 PM
Wait, there are groups that actually use those? Why? I thought that part of the system was just universally ignored.
Actually, my experience is that those penalties are generally enforced. If you played in any RPGA games you had to stick to the rules, and I went to a lot of Cons with RPGA games.

There are only a couple of rules which I consider generally ignored:

Monks have no proficiency with unarmed strikes, and would incur a -4 penalty on all such attack rolls.
Full attacks do not provoke attacks of opportunity. This does not have an exception for full ranged attacks. (Rules Compendium eventually addressed this.)

Eldest
2012-06-09, 12:55 PM
Ok, working with the multiclassing penalties, you want combat reflexes, adaptable flanking, vexing flanking. You have two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting, dodge, mobility, spring attack, and oversized two weapon fighting.
Now, what's the problem with taking, say, 3 levels of swashbuckler, 6 levels of rogue, and the feat Daring Scoundrel? You wouldn't have the multiclassing penalties, because your highest class (rogue) doesn't count for penalties, and so you are left with one class, which doesn't trigger the -10%. The feat Daring Outlaw (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/daring-outlaw--508/) let's the rogue and swashbuckler abilities stack for a few things, so you'd have the sneak attack damage of a level nine rogue (which means you don't need more damage much, so you can drop Oversized Two Weapon Fighting), and you keep the Grace bonus from Swashbuckler competitive. Looking at the feats, the two flanking ones don't seem that great. If you want Spring Attack to be able to flank, you can just dart in and out of combat, hitting people when you are opposite of an ally. But you don't get any benefit of two weapon fighting from the Spring Attack.
So my recommendation would be to ask your DM if you can change to a Rogue 6/Swashbuckler 3 with Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Combat Reflexes, Daring Outlaw, and some other feat. You aren't as agile, but you will do more damage.

Twilightwyrm
2012-06-10, 02:57 AM
I take it a rebuild quest is a non-option?

Killer Angel
2012-06-11, 02:15 AM
You are now sigged.

I know it's silly to be proud of it... :smallbiggrin: