PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Facebook Game

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-05, 03:50 PM
I've officially been suckered into not only getting a Facebook account, but into several Facebook games as well. Thankfully I've been able to avoid stuff like Farmville, Cityville, and Castleville, if only because the first two sound depressingly boring and I tried the third before it stopped loading up on my computer, which is fine by me.

Instead, I've been playing the time-travel/hidden picture games Gardens of Time and Hidden Chronicles, and I finally gave the Avengers game a shot.

I must say I actually like the Avengers game. I only wish it wasn't a Facebook game so I didn't have to constantly ask the two friends I have who actually play the game for necessary items to continue. It makes leveling up the characters take forever. But I do like the turn-based strategy, customization, and the ability to recruit from a wide variety of characters. If only it didn't take so long to get a respectable team started.

And of course like most Facebook games it has content that expires after a time if you don't manage to collect it, which sucks because I came in late so I won't be able to get the movie costumes OR the unlockable character Mockingbird. The costumes I could do without but when it comes to RPG's I tend to treat playable characters like Pokemon, gotta get them all and stuff. I can't even remember who Mockingbird is in the Marvel universe and I'm already lamenting not getting her on the team.

Has anyone else had better luck on this game? Anyone else try some fun, or at least bearable games on Facebook recently?