PDA

View Full Version : Building Level 1 Gestalt Character, Based on Scar from Full Metal Alchemist

VestigeArcanist
2012-06-05, 04:10 PM
Hey all. I am applying to a PbP game and I want a solid character both in both fluff and crunch. My character concept is loosely based on Scar from Full Metal Alchemist. A man of an endangered tribe, marked as an exile, fights to destroy the evil which massacred his people. But his methods are extreme and not pretty...

He has great pride in his ancestry and will have his arm and/or face marked by either tattoos or ceremonial dye.

The most important cravat in character creation is the DM's rule on gestalt...

This game's gestalt works like this: At every level, your combined 'Tier value' must be at least seven. How this works is that classes have a tier value equal to the tier # they are in, and you add the value for both sides together. Par example, you can't take druid/cleric, since it would only have a tier value of 2. A fighter/hexblade would have a value of 10 and would be fine, as would a sorcerer/fighter at a value of 7. This means that Tier 1 classes must take a Tier 6 class beside them, Tier 2s must take a Tier 5 or 6, and Tier 3s must have a Tier 4 or greater class. This is for balance concerns.

This leads to some interesting concerns. For one thing, we will probably not have a cleric, and therefor no healing. Thus I am considering a true Neutral Dread Necromancer// Barbarian or Warmage or possibly even Fighter. The race is up in the air right now. Being Human may be best, but I have been given the go ahead to play a Raptorean or a Illumian as well.

All WotC 3.5 materials are allowed.

Need_A_Life
2012-06-05, 04:44 PM
How will that rule interact with PrCs?

Elan (race)
Fighter5/Soul Eater 10/Avenging Executioner 5 on one side.
Maybe Warblade 20 on the other side?

Haven't checked the math, but you'd get:
1) Deadly touch at level 6 (energy drain isn't a perfect fit, but it'll do)
2) Ability to deal plenty of damage.

The Incarnate and Totemist classes have stuff that is actually very close to how FMA works, but would need reflavouring.

If you're using Pathfinder then maybe:
Rogue (Archetypes: Bandit, Scout) | Ranger (natural style)

Sneak Attack when flanking, attacking flat-footed and when you've moved +10ft. in a round.
Favoured Enemy (Human) can do the rest.

Final note: If I was playing under those rules, I'd probably go Artificer/warrior.
An artificer with full BAB before spells? Madness.