PDA

View Full Version : Half-fiend Fey

Thalassomedon
2012-06-05, 06:56 PM
What fey would give me an attractive half-fiend female fey who has a Brachina as her mother? How would I figure out her starting out stats and how she would look like? Would this character be better of having her mother being an Erinye? If you think her mother should be an Erinye then could you help me stat her out as being half-fiend Erinye fey. Also what help can give in figuring out how to go about describing her look?

Waker
2012-06-05, 07:07 PM
Just to make sure I understand all of this. Your goal is to make a character who is Half-Fey and Half-Fiend though you specify that the fiendish parent is a Brachina. Is this character an NPC or PC?
You could go about this in a few ways. You could take an attractive fey, such as a Nymph and apply the Half-Fiend Template to it. Alternatively you could apply the Half-Fey template to the Brachina. If you wanted, you could write an entirely new monster entry, but that requires considerably more work.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-05, 07:11 PM
I want her to be a PC. If her mother is an Erinye I would like to keep the feathery wings that her mother has and not get butterfly/insect wings of fey.

I know I can use this to help me out. But I not sure how to do it though. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a

Waker
2012-06-05, 07:23 PM
I suppose I went about this the wrong way. What level is your character starting at? What is the "goal" of your character? What role will you fulfill in your party? How strict are you about adhering to your idea? For instance, would you be willing to substitute Fiendish in place of Half-Fiend. The more information you can provide the easier it will be for everyone to help you make your character.

Feralventas
2012-06-05, 07:30 PM
I want it on the record that this seems incredibly silly.

However, there's precedent for attractive fiendish fey in at least one of the Faerun-setting novel series, so wth ever.

Easy-mode.
Elf base, take the Fey and Fiendish Heritage feats out of Complete Mage

Slightly Harder mode, take a human base, slap the Half Fiendish and Half Fey or Half Nymph templates (+8 level adjustments)

You could take a racial HD of Fey (Monster Manual) and toss on the Fiendish template.

You could use the Tiefling stats and go from there to either the Half-Fiend or Half-fey template.

There are also classes/PrC's that grant the Fiendish or Fey type, which could work in your favor.

You could re-fluff the Warlock class as having a pact with both a Fiend AND a Fey and possibly work some bonuses out of your DM that way.

JeminiZero
2012-06-05, 08:41 PM
If your DM is open to homebrew, the base class in my sig might be of interest. (If you want advice on how to use it, feel free to ask me.)

Besides racial background, what do you want this character to be capable of? Fighting? Casting spells? What kind of spells? Blasts of energy? Charm enemies into fighting for you? Raise an army of undead? Disguise? Invisibility?

One idea to add: Start with either outsider base race (Neraph or Humanoid with otherworldly feat) and add the half-fey template. Don't worry about butterfly wings. Ask your DM if you can change the appearance with no mechanical effect, also known as refluffing. They are usually open to that. Otherwise, see if you can take Changeling with otherwordly, and half fey. Then you can make yourself (and your wings) look like what you want.

Urpriest
2012-06-05, 09:21 PM
One interesting option: Succubus is actually decently effective for a high-LA monster, while Unseelie Fey is both synergistic and (technically) legal on a Succubus base as +0 LA. An Unseelie Fey Succubus would probably get you the feel you want, while not just being a standard character with flavorful trimmings.

Feralventas
2012-06-05, 11:46 PM
One interesting option: Succubus is actually decently effective for a high-LA monster, while Unseelie Fey is both synergistic and (technically) legal on a Succubus base as +0 LA. An Unseelie Fey Succubus would probably get you the feel you want, while not just being a standard character with flavorful trimmings.

Savage progression or straight out of the MM?

Urpriest
2012-06-05, 11:55 PM
Savage progression or straight out of the MM?

After 3.5 update they'll be equivalent. That said, the Savage Progression is generally thought to be viable even at lower levels, so it's a reasonable option in this case anyway.

Zombulian
2012-06-06, 01:13 AM
ORRRR NO LA :smallbiggrin: Lesser Tiefling with the Unseelie Fey template!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-06, 01:16 AM
Using that variant half-fiend, if you want to max Cha you would probably be better off with a Lilitu (FC1) parent. Considering fey are almost always chaotic aligned, it wouldn't make much sense to have a LE parent anyway.

Gloura (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e) is fairly standard for a powerful PC fey race. It gets a decent Cha and other abilities, flight, spellcasting, and adds its Cha bonus to AC and saves.

In any case, you should probably also throw on the Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium, with the Winter aspect so adjacent opponents take a penalty to saving throws equal to your Cha bonus.

If using Gloura, you could grab some Bard and maybe a Mindbender dip, then take Sublime Chord and advance it with prestige classes for stronger spellcasting. Maybe even dip a level of (Chaos) (Cobra-Strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#monkVariantFightingSty les)) Monk and take Ascetic Mage, and/or two to four levels of Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a), and/or get Blackguard 3 and then one Mystic Wanderer (MoF). With Arcane Duelist 3 for Dextrous Attack plus two-handed Power Attack and Divine Might via Blackguard turning, you could make this character a formidable melee powerhouse with an untouchable AC.

kardar233
2012-06-06, 02:48 AM

This is a good way to do it.

Also, you could use the Savage Progression for Feytouched (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) and then put Fiendish or Half-Fiend on it.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 05:01 AM
I suppose I went about this the wrong way. What level is your character starting at? What is the "goal" of your character? What role will you fulfill in your party? How strict are you about adhering to your idea? For instance, would you be willing to substitute Fiendish in place of Half-Fiend. The more information you can provide the easier it will be for everyone to help you make your character.She is going to be starting at 1st level. I want her to be a fighter or rogue if it will work well with this character. I could go with wizard.

Right now she has a delicate physique with earthen brown skin. Her dark brown hair reached down to the ground and is decorated with wild flowers and a garland of flowers. I want her to have wings and red, glowing eyes. if her mother is an Erinye and long, amber hair with violet pools for eyes if her mother is Brachina. I am stick to the fact her mother is an attractive fiend.

Lately I have been thinking it might help her out if she could shape change.

JeminiZero
2012-06-06, 06:13 AM
OK, starting at level 1 does kind of limit your options. Since you appear to be new to D&D I'll try and break it down as follows:

Ignoring the backstory, here is what you would like your character to be mechanically capable of:
1. Either Fey Type or Outsider Type (Demons/Devils are classed as Outsiders). In D&D a creature can only have one main type.
2. Able to fight on the front lines.
3. Wings that will let her fly eventually (note that D&D has very few options that will let a level 1 characters fly. Instead what tends to happen is that level 1sstart with wings, but the wings are not strong enough to fly until later levels. A simple example of this is the Dragonborn Wings (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b&page=1) aspect.)
4. Able to Change Shape

With regards to Class, I would recommend one of the following:
A. Try NOT using Fighter. Get Warblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2) if you can.
B. Alternatively, a Eldritch Glaive focused Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159708) is suitably Fey/Demon themed, and learns the ability to Fly at later levels.

Here are a couple of level 1 options and their pros and cons:

Succubus (savage species progression)
Pros: Capable of 1,3 & 4
Cons: Not capable of 2. Succubus are sadly are poor frontline fighters. They tend to work better as "caster" types

Refluffed Raptoran or Winged Dragonborn with Otherworldly Feat
Pros: Capable of 1 & 3. May be capable of 2 if you pick one of the classes above.
Cons: Not capable of 4 naturally. Although you can buy an Hat of Disguise (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#hatofDisguise) for this.

Refluffed Changeling with Otherworldly Feat
Pros: Capable of 1 & 4. May be capable of 2 if you pick one of the classes above.
Con: Will not naturally have wings. However, a Changling Warlock can gain flight through magic.

Overall, without using homebrew, I think a Otherworldly Changeling Glaive-based Warlock (refluffed to have her base form fit whatever you want) seems to be your best bet. Base race is a shapechanging outsider, with Fey/Demon blood giving warlock powers. However, check with your DM if he allows homebrew. If he does, your options increase considerably.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 11:23 AM
The character is a half-fiend with her mother being the fiend and her father being a fey.

Unusual Muse
2012-06-06, 11:30 AM
I believe what you want is the Forlarren, a half-fey/half-demon from AD&D that was updated to 3.5 in the Tome of Horrors. It's LA +3.

Mordokai
2012-06-06, 11:43 AM
Serpents of Scuttlecove, eight adventure of Savage Tide adventure path hosts Tyralandi (http://hastur.net/wiki/File:Tyralandi.jpg), half fiend nymph thrall of Graa'zt. Maybe looking at her would give you a good idea what a half fiend fey would look like? She certainly looks delicious... in more than one way :smalltongue:

Urpriest
2012-06-06, 11:45 AM
I believe what you want is the Forlarren, a half-fey/half-demon from AD&D that was updated to 3.5 in the Tome of Horrors. It's LA +3.

OP has already said the character has to start at first level, so this won't fly.

JeminiZero
2012-06-06, 12:04 PM
The character is a half-fiend with her mother being the fiend and her father being a fey.

For a Non-Player Character (NPC) there are 2 simple ways to build that. Either start with a Fey and apply Half-Fiend. Or start with a Fiend and apply Half-Fey (found in Fiend Folio pg 89, but some details available here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)).

Checking the Savage Species Type Pyramid (pg 142) it seems that Outsider generally takes priority over Fey. Hence even if you start with a Fiend and aply the Half-Fey template, her type remains as outsider. (In D&D no matter how a creature is bred/created, she only has one basic type.)

Now all that is for a NPC: because NPCs effectively have limitless resources, (or at least as much as the DM wants to give them). A Player Character must be built within a limited number of levels. Or in your case, level 1.

A PC's level is calculated by adding together their Level Adjustment (LA) Racial Hit Dice (RHD) and Levels in Class (e.g. Fighter, Rogue, Wizard). (We will ignore for now the more complicated mechanism of LA buyoff, and Savage Species progression). Taking for example the Forlarren mentioned above, it has 3 LA and 3 RHD. That means that without even taking one class level, you should be level 6 to begin play as a basic Forlarren.

To extend this example, lets say you have a Forlarren that takes 1 level in Fighter. To use this Forlarren as a PC, you need to be 3 LA + 3 RHD + 1 Fighter = Level 7 PC to play her.

In short, starting at PC level 1 limits what you can start play with. Which is why I mostly recommend starting with a simple Changeling (which has 0 LA and 0 RHD), and adding Otherworldly to give her the Outsider type, and refluffing her as a lesser shapechanging demon.

Morph Bark
2012-06-06, 12:14 PM
Have the father be a satyr. Satyrs are basically the male equivalent of nymphs, since there aren't male nymphs or female satyrs, so the female offspring of a satyr would be a nymph.

Urpriest
2012-06-06, 12:34 PM
Have the father be a satyr. Satyrs are basically the male equivalent of nymphs, since there aren't male nymphs or female satyrs, so the female offspring of a satyr would be a nymph.

Why specifically Nymphs? There are lots of female-only fey.

Xander_Phoenix
2012-06-06, 02:30 PM
Applying lenient reading of "Variants: Races with Level Adjustments" (PGtF, 190) to Fey'ri race (RoF, 118) may lead to desired hybrid.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 03:18 PM
Why specifically Nymphs? There are lots of female-only fey.I wanted her to be attractive and human-sized is why I choose the nymph.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 06:44 PM
I how would I give her the ability to change her shape? What are the other female only fey?

JeminiZero
2012-06-06, 07:15 PM
I how would I give her the ability to change her shape?

At PC level 1? Not many options. IIRC, you only have 3 real options:
-Changeling as your race
-Take a Psion-Egoist with the Change Shape (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070314a) alternate class feature.
-Take a spellcaster class that can cast Disguise Self (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/disguiseSelf.htm). Note that unlike the above 2, this only lasts 10 minutes (a level 1), and you can only disguise yourself to ONE form with each casting of the spell (whereas the above 2 can pretty much shape shift anytime, and remain in their chosen form all day).

If you are willing to delay gaining shapeshift to later levels, you can get it from more sources.
-You can just buy a Hat of Disguise (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#hatofDisguise)
-A mage can pick up Face-Changer [reserve] feat from Complete Mage. This lets him use Disguise Self at will.
-Druid (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/druid.htm) gains thousand faces at level 13.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 07:23 PM
I have found that the Alu-fiend for 3.5 is found in Dragon Magazine #355.

I forget to say that this is my first time making a half-fiend and working with a temple if I go that route.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 08:00 PM
The way I keep describing her in my mind she sounds like half-fiend daughter of Malcanthet.

Waker
2012-06-06, 08:15 PM
Here is the simplest way I can think of mixing fey and fiend without using any LA or RHD.
Make a Bard or Sorcerer Killoren (RotW) and then take the Thrall of Malcanthet PrC in Dragon magazine 353. The capstone ability lets you turn into a Succubus for a period of time.
That way you can be an attractive fey at level 1 and eventually become a demoness of sorts.

motoko's ghost
2012-06-06, 10:20 PM
Hmm. the father is fey? I've actually seen base fiend/fey races before but they had the mother as the fey.

EDIT: although I can't remember the names of them I do know that at least one of them was in The tome of horrors, it's a 3E swords&sorcery book but its the closest I've seen to what your asking for.

Or you could just homebrew one.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-06, 10:21 PM
I was thinking her wings are as follows. Protruding from her back are silvery wings that spread twenty feet at full length. Despite the impressive wingspan, they seem to wrap her like a gown of feathers when she is not flying.

She dresses something like the fiend in the picture found in the link. http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrealms/images/8/87/Erinyes2.jpg

If it will work out better her mother can be the fey. But her father then would be an archfiend.

I want her to be a female fiend. I know the half-fiend has a level adjustment. I have thought I could go the way find here. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031010a

I would like help using the following to make her. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a

Maybe you are thinking of the forlarren. Here is the Tome of Horrors' description of the forlarren.
This creature resembles a hairless satyr. A small ruff of dark hair covers the back of its head. Small horns protrude above its eyes. Its hands end in wicked claws and its faces hows a twisted, leering visage.

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 01:08 AM
Ok, so you're insisting on using Half-Fiend for the fiendish element. What base are you putting it on? If you want an LA +0 fey to use, it would need to be Killoren or Unseelie Fey template on something else. If you're ok with an elf or whatnot base then your options are more varied.

As for putting the template together, I'd help but for the most part I'd just be following the instructions in the link. You'd need to put together the savage progression, which would essentially be a matter of homebrew, if guided homebrew. If you want general advice on how to apply templates, my monster handbook (link in sig) is a great resource.

Edit: Also, you shouldn't expect to be the child of an archfiend or the like. Remember, you're one of four or so PCs, starting at level 1. An archfiend's child would probably not be allowed to simply run around and do low-level quests.

Frosty
2012-06-07, 02:06 AM
The child of an archfiend probably also is much more powerful than 1st level PCs.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 08:15 AM
The link says that the half-fiend has +4 level adjustment. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a

Then as a half-fiend how would I get feathery wings instead of leathery wings?

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 10:34 AM
I like the Unseelie Fey template except for the fact they get -2 Strength and -2 Constitution. The Unseelie Fey template can give me feathery wings.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 12:16 PM
What type of fiend should I use when making her?

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 12:32 PM
What type of fiend should I use when making her?

That depends on what you want to get out of it. Are you asking which option would be most powerful? That would depend on which class you were aiming for, and what sort of role you want in the party. Are you asking which type of fiend fits your story better? That depends on your story. Appearance? Half-Fiends are notoriously variable in appearance, you could justify pretty much anything. Specific powers? Changing shape at low level would require a fiend with disguise self or alter self as an SLA, I don't know of any but someone might have an idea.

You also still need to choose a base race, since both Unseelie Fey and Half-Fiend are templates. What are you thinking of on that front?

If you're using the Savage Progression rules, be aware that you don't have to take all four levels. You might actually be fine representing the concept with just the first level of it, and if you take all four levels it will be hard to be effective in combat.

Unusual Muse
2012-06-07, 01:54 PM
I like the Unseelie Fey template except for the fact they get -2 Strength and -2 Constitution. The Unseelie Fey template can give me feathery wings.

The extra 1d6 damage from steel weapons also hurts at low levels (until your DR kicks in at 4th to absorb it).

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 02:02 PM
I was wanting her to be attractive. I would the fiendish parent ro be either the father or mother and the nonfiendish parent to be a fey if it will work well. I was thinking I might go with the Erinye as her fiendish parent but I will to change that. I do not want her to end up having cloven hooves!! I do know that I what her to have feathery wings. The wings describe below are how her wings will look like.

Wings: Protruding from her back are silvery wings that spread twenty feet at full length. Despite the impressive wingspan, they seem to wrap her like a gown of feathers when she is not flying

I would like her be a multiclass fighter with her being either fighter/rogue or fighter/wizard.

Having the ability to natural shape change as the succubus can would be some thing I could she her as having if possible.

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 03:02 PM
Ok, so for the base creature (the creature you apply the Unseelie Fey template to) are you looking for something optimal, or something story-based? Unseelie Fey is a template because the Unseelie Fey generally resemble some other creature, so your Fey parent would be an Unseelie Fey version of some more normal race. Human is probably the best choice.

Since you're going for a Fighter, you'll probably want a fiend base that gives you good physical ability scores, while still fulfilling your requirements of a beautiful succubus/erinyes-type. Erinyes are actually a good choice in that respect, since they have quite high Strength.

Since you seem a bit unsure about how to apply the custom half-fiend instructions, I'll do a bit of it here:

Erinyes have +8 natural armor, 8/4=2, so you would have a +2 natural armor bonus.

Erinyes don't have claws or a bite. The half-fiend article advises you to leave these out. This is potentially reasonable, but it really isn't too unfair for you to get claws and a bite.

Erinyes get greater teleport, charm monster, minor image, and unholy blight. Normal half-fiends get unholy blight, and greater teleport is pretty generic, so let's focus on the other two. Charm monster could replace contagion according to the web article, while minor image seems about on the same level as darkness. So we'll make those substitutions.

Erinyes' ability score adjustments are Str +10, Dex +10, Con +10, Int +4, Wis +8, Cha +10. We have 16 points to spend on these, and since they're all about equal and we're supposed to leave Wisdom out this suggests Str +4, Dex +4, Con +4, Cha +4.

Those are probably the only changes you need to make to the base template.

Now turning this into a savage progression requires some level of homebrew, and negotiation with your DM (who you probably should have approached about this at the beginning, but I digress). But here's roughly how it would go:

You'd start out with no levels of the Half-Fiend template class. While this is kinda weird, it should be clear that it's required since you start at first level. We changed the natural armor, the spell-like abilities, and the ability scores. The natural armor is a small enough difference that you can just have it gained the same time the normal natural armor is gained (but ask your DM, they may want to split it up). The changes to spell-like abilities can similarly just be substituted in at the corresponding levels.

This just leaves the ability scores. We've basically just swapped the boost to Int to Con and Cha, so we can just trade the Int boosts in the savage progression for Con and Cha boosts. Probably this means making 4th level have a Cha boost, and 5th have a Con boost.

This isn't terribly relevant though, because you probably won't be taking more than one level of this anyway, since any more will make you dramatically worse at being a fighter.

As for your reticence about having cloven hooves, remember what I said last post: Half-Fiends have a lot of different traits, not always those of the fiendish parent. You can make your character look pretty much however you want.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 04:31 PM
As for your reticence about having cloven hooves, remember what I said last post: Half-Fiends have a lot of different traits, not always those of the fiendish parent. You can make your character look pretty much however you want. I have seen half-fiend daughters' of Graz'zt that have wings when Graz'zt and the mortal creature do not have wings. Asmodeus' daughter Glasya is attractive in appearance.

Just out of curiosity what would she look if her father was a Pit Fiend?

Are you saying I should take but one level of half-fiend?

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 04:40 PM
As for your reticence about having cloven hooves, remember what I said last post: Half-Fiends have a lot of different traits, not always those of the fiendish parent. You can make your character look pretty much however you want. I have seen half-fiend daughters' of Graz'zt that have wings when Graz'zt and the mortal creature do not have wings. Asmodeus' daughter Glasya is attractive in appearance.

Should I get Improved Natural Armor?

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 05:05 PM

Statwise? Just go through the same procedure. You'd have a few different spell-like abilities (maybe), better natural armor, ability scores focused more on strength and otherwise balanced.

Appearancewise? As I said in the post you quoted, however you want.

Yup.

Edit: Improved Natural Armor is a very small benefit for a feat.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 05:30 PM
Is there some way I can skip the The Half-Fiend Template Class?

I would like some help improving this description of her I am working on right now.
Description: A statuesque woman walks in, moving with surety. She is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under her blue skin. Her bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. Protruding from her back are silvery wings that spread twenty feet at full length. Despite the impressive wingspan, they seem to wrap her like a gown of feathers when she is not flying. violet pools. Her angelic face has a forehead and jawline that are narrow with cheekbones that are wide and high. Her gentle curved brows with an unpronounced arch lead to her perfectly shaped narrow nose points slightly upward. Her large round eyes have large pupils and thin red irises. Her crimson full lips deceive her authority. She wears a wicked looking black plate metal bra shows off some her large breasts nicely. A silver ring is worn on her right and left thumb. Her soft womanly belly has a silver navel ring. Her tight butt is encased in wicked looking black plate tassets that look like a shirt. Her long shapely legs measure forty-seven inches in length. She wears a pair of knee-length wicked looking black plate metal boots with four inches long heels. Her left arm holds a long sword and her right arm hold a short sword as if they were extensions of her body.

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 05:41 PM
Is there some way I can skip the The Half-Fiend Template Class?

Yes. As most of the first page of this thread suggested, you could represent the fact that you're a half-fiend with something besides the template or the class. You read those posts and chose not to. I'm not entirely sure why, but if you're reconsidering, take another look at any of the posts on the last page. Most have good ideas.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 05:46 PM
What if I choose to go through the whole The Half-Fiend Template Class?

Arranis Thelmos
2012-06-07, 05:50 PM
I suppose you could repackage the Winged Elf race (Winged*Elf:**+4*dex*-2*con*+2*int*+2*wis) into what you want. Also, if you get any other ideas you want to try out and create quickly I'd recommend the Pathguy 3.5 Generator found at http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm (quick warning, you'll have to do a lot of scrolling down!). It has a large variety of races as well as templates.

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 05:55 PM
What if I choose to go through the whole The Half-Fiend Template Class?

Then you'll be a Fighter with about 50 fewer hit points, 4 less base attack bonus (both lowering your chance to hit and delaying your secondary attacks), lower saving throws, and barely any skill points.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 06:08 PM
Here is my unmodified stats. Str: 17, Con: 14, Dex: 14; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 13

Arranis Thelmos
2012-06-07, 06:37 PM
I played with the generator a bit and I thing I pulled off a nice one.

Female Half-Fiend Winged Elf Fighter 1
Lawful Evil

Strength 21 (+5)
Dexterity 22 (+6)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 13 (+1)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Size: Medium
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 65 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Total Hit Points: 12

Speed: 20 feet [armor]

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +5 [breastplate] +3 [dexterity in armor] +1 [half-fiend]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 16
Initiative modifier: +6 = +6 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +6 = 0 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Will save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]
Attack (missile): +7 = 1 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
153 lb. or less
154-306 lb.
307-460 lb.
460 lb.
920 lb.
2300 lb.

Languages: Auran Common Elven Gnome Goblin Sylvan

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]

Short Sword [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, 1 lb, light, piercing]

Longsword [1d8, crit 19-20/x2 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Breast plate [medium; +5 AC; max dex +3; check penalty -4; 30 lb.]

Feats:

Power Attack
Two-Weapon Fighting
Traits:

Skill Name
Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks
Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 3 =
+3
Balance Dex* 7 =
+6
+1
Bluff Cha 2 =
+2
Climb Str* 7 =
+5
+2
Concentration Con 2 =
+2
Craft_1 Int 3 =
+3
Craft_2 Int 3 =
+3
Craft_3 Int 3 =
+3
Diplomacy Cha 4 =
+2
+2
Disguise Cha 2 =
+2
Escape Artist Dex* 6 =
+6
Forgery Int 3 =
+3
Gather Information Cha 2 =
+2
Heal Wis 1 =
+1
Hide Dex* 6 =
+6
Intimidate Cha 6 =
+2
+4
Jump Str* 4 =
+5
+1 +4 [winged elf] -6 [speed 20]
Knowledge (planes) Int 4 =
+3
+1
Listen Wis 3 =
+1
+2 [elf]
Move Silently Dex* 7 =
+6
+1
Perform_1 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_2 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_3 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_4 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_5 Cha 2 =
+2
Ride Dex 7 =
+6
+1
Search Int 5 =
+3
+2 [elf]
Sense Motive Wis 1 =
+1
Spot Wis 5 =
+1
+4 [winged elf]
Survival Wis 1 =
+1
Swim Str** 5 =
+5
+8 [half aquatic elf]
Use Rope Dex 7 =
+6
+1
* = check penalty for wearing armor

Winged (Avariel) Elf:

Immune to magical sleep

+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments

Low-light vision

Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow

+2 racial bonus on search and listen, +4 on spot, +4 on jump checks

Notice secret doors

Fly 50 feet, average maneuverability

Proficient with rapier, longsword, lasso and bolas

Level adjustment +3

Half-Fiend Template:
+4 strength, +4 dexterity, +2 constitution, +4 intelligence, +2 charisma

Outsider (native)

Bat wings allow flying at double the base speed

Darkvision to 60 feet

Spells

Immune to poison

Spell resistance 10+HD (maximum 35)

Damage reduction

Acid, cold, electricity, and fire resistance 10

Claw and bite attacks

+4 effective character level

Fighter:
Bonus Feats (already included)

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Fighter 10

I didn't do anything about appearance, but a few things I did do based on a couple of descriptions. I gave it the TWF feat and breastplate and maxed out intimidation, but you have 20 skill points to spend any way you want.

Hope this helps!

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 06:44 PM
I played with the generator a bit and I thing I pulled off a nice one.

Female Half-Fiend Winged Elf Fighter 1
Lawful Evil

Strength 21 (+5)
Dexterity 22 (+6)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 13 (+1)
Charisma 15 (+2)
Size: Medium
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 65 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Total Hit Points: 12

Speed: 20 feet [armor]

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +5 [breastplate] +3 [dexterity in armor] +1 [half-fiend]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 16
Initiative modifier: +6 = +6 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +6 = 0 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Will save: +1 = 0 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]
Attack (missile): +7 = 1 [base] +6 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 1 [base] +5 [strength]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
153 lb. or less
154-306 lb.
307-460 lb.
460 lb.
920 lb.
2300 lb.

Languages: Auran Common Elven Gnome Goblin Sylvan

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]

Short Sword [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, 1 lb, light, piercing]

Longsword [1d8, crit 19-20/x2 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Breast plate [medium; +5 AC; max dex +3; check penalty -4; 30 lb.]

Feats:

Power Attack
Two-Weapon Fighting
Traits:

Skill Name
Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks
Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 3 =
+3
Balance Dex* 7 =
+6
+1
Bluff Cha 2 =
+2
Climb Str* 7 =
+5
+2
Concentration Con 2 =
+2
Craft_1 Int 3 =
+3
Craft_2 Int 3 =
+3
Craft_3 Int 3 =
+3
Diplomacy Cha 4 =
+2
+2
Disguise Cha 2 =
+2
Escape Artist Dex* 6 =
+6
Forgery Int 3 =
+3
Gather Information Cha 2 =
+2
Heal Wis 1 =
+1
Hide Dex* 6 =
+6
Intimidate Cha 6 =
+2
+4
Jump Str* 4 =
+5
+1 +4 [winged elf] -6 [speed 20]
Knowledge (planes) Int 4 =
+3
+1
Listen Wis 3 =
+1
+2 [elf]
Move Silently Dex* 7 =
+6
+1
Perform_1 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_2 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_3 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_4 Cha 2 =
+2
Perform_5 Cha 2 =
+2
Ride Dex 7 =
+6
+1
Search Int 5 =
+3
+2 [elf]
Sense Motive Wis 1 =
+1
Spot Wis 5 =
+1
+4 [winged elf]
Survival Wis 1 =
+1
Swim Str** 5 =
+5
+8 [half aquatic elf]
Use Rope Dex 7 =
+6
+1
* = check penalty for wearing armor

Winged (Avariel) Elf:

Immune to magical sleep

+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments

Low-light vision

Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow

+2 racial bonus on search and listen, +4 on spot, +4 on jump checks

Notice secret doors

Fly 50 feet, average maneuverability

Proficient with rapier, longsword, lasso and bolas

Level adjustment +3

Half-Fiend Template:
+4 strength, +4 dexterity, +2 constitution, +4 intelligence, +2 charisma

Outsider (native)

Bat wings allow flying at double the base speed

Darkvision to 60 feet

Spells

Immune to poison

Spell resistance 10+HD (maximum 35)

Damage reduction

Acid, cold, electricity, and fire resistance 10

Claw and bite attacks

+4 effective character level

Fighter:
Bonus Feats (already included)

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Fighter 10

I didn't do anything about appearance, but a few things I did do based on a couple of descriptions. I gave it the TWF feat and breastplate and maxed out intimidation, but you have 20 skill points to spend any way you want.

Hope this helps!

Remember, the character is starting out at level 1, so they don't have any half-fiend abilities yet.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 06:56 PM
Here is my modified Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 20; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 20 HP: 7 (unmodified) What do you think of her stats starting out?

Half-Erinye: Str +4, Dex +4, Con +4, Cha +4. Unseelie Fey Template -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 07:03 PM
Here is my modified Str: 19, Con: 16, Dex: 20; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 20 HP: 7 (unmodified) What do you think of her stats starting out?

Half-Erinye: Str +4, Dex +4, Con +4, Cha +4. Unseelie Fey Template -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma

Ok, again, remember that you can't start out with the full Half-Erinyes adjustments. You're starting at first level, right? That means you need to start out without any levels in the template class.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 07:13 PM
Ok, again, remember that you can't start out with the full Half-Erinyes adjustments. You're starting at first level, right? That means you need to start out without any levels in the template class.Here then is my stats modified by the Unseelie Fey Template only Str: 15, Con: 12, Dex: 16; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 13
Unseelie Fey Template -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma

Here is my unmodified stats. Str: 17, Con: 14, Dex: 14; Wis: 10, Int: 11, Cha: 13

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 07:28 PM
When would the best time to get Improved Initiative and Improved Natural Armor? Would I better off taking wizard or rogue as my second class? I would like if it would help my character out to have TWF.

I have been thinking she might have retractable claws, fangs, and glowing yellow eyes as a fiend. I was thinking about my character having the fangs and glowing yellow eyes since I first started working on her. I know that the Erinyes have glowing red eyes. I would like some how to have horns if possible in her natural fiendish form.

How should I do armor for her if i want to some what imitate what the Erinye in the pictures is wearing? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080525071112/forgottenrealms/images/thumb/8/87/Erinyes2.jpg/250px-Erinyes2.jpg

Where can I find the best pictures of the Erinyes for D&D?

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 08:27 PM
Well then?

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 08:44 PM
When would the best time to get Improved Initiative and Improved Natural Armor? Would I better off taking wizard or rogue as my second class? I would like if it would help my character out to have TWF.

I have been thinking she might have retractable claws, fangs, and glowing yellow eyes as a fiend. I was thinking about my character having the fangs and glowing yellow eyes since I first started working on her. I know that the Erinyes have glowing red eyes. I would like some how to have horns if possible in her natural fiendish form.

How should I do armor for her if i want to some what imitate what the Erinye in the pictures is wearing? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080525071112/forgottenrealms/images/thumb/8/87/Erinyes2.jpg/250px-Erinyes2.jpg

Where can I find the best pictures of the Erinyes for D&D?

Don't get Improved Natural Armor. Even a Fighter doesn't get all that many feats, and Improved Natural Armor is outshined by a second level spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/barkskin.htm). Improved Initiative is a better feat, but it's best for characters who really want to go first because they have something interesting to do. Since feats come in trees, as a Fighter you're best off specializing on a few tricks and getting the feat chains that make them better. Charging and tripping are common choices. Since you chose to be a Fighter, I assume you already have something specific in mind? Otherwise you'd probably be better off with a less complicated class.

As for Rogue vs. Wizard, a Rogue will give you Sneak Attack which will give you at least a little reason to use TWF, while Wizard will let you take Abjurant Champion or the like.

That picture could be a breastplate, but it might also be a very skimpy full plate.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 08:57 PM
My mother Cordiana (Eryine) trained me to be a deadly fighter in combat. I like the Fighter/Rogue multiclass the best since my I have an Int 11.

Is their any way I give my character horns starting out without getting a graft?

Is their any way i can figure out my what my character's weight will be if my character is five feet, ten inches tall and muscular in athletic way?

What skin color do the Eryines have? I know her father has earthen brown skin. Would her having white hair be explained best by her being a half-fiend?

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 09:06 PM
My mother Cordiana (Eryine) trained me to be a deadly fighter in combat. I like the Fighter/Rogue multiclass the best since my I have an Int 11.

Is their any way I give my character horns starting out without getting a graft?

Is their any way i can figure out my character's weight if my character is five feet, ten inches tall and muscular in athletic way?

What skin color do the Eryines have? I know her father has earthen brown skin. Would her having white hair be explained best by her being a half-fiend?

As a half-fiend, your appearance is quite variable, so you could definitely have horns. You won't be able to make attacks with them, but you probably are envisioning little horns on your head, not giant ram horns, right?

For weight, you could probably use the tables for humans, since your base creature is human.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-07, 09:19 PM
I was thinking her horns look like the following. Eyes often felt drawn to the large some what segmented horns that begin at her hair line. They curve over her skull before they extend away from her head to curl into a point.

So what would be the best way do her feats from what I have said so far? I if I go the way I have her written she uses a long sword and a short sword in combat.

Would wearing breastplate and boots that reach up to her knees be the best way to go since I want her to use her ability to fly in combat some of the time? I know she wears bracers right now.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-08, 07:25 PM
When I give female character horns they are large horns which are just for show.

Frosty
2012-06-09, 08:56 PM
To be honest, with how exposed that armor makes her, this is probably best represented by a Chain Shirt. No way this is a full plate at all.

Thalassomedon
2012-06-16, 11:30 AM
Is there some way class wise or PrC wise she could get the ability to shapechange? If not then how could I give the ability to change her form?

How would my stats and abilities look like when I take one level of half-fiend?

Where can I find info on a barbed whip? What other weapon would go well with a whip as her other weapon?

Thalassomedon
2012-06-18, 10:40 PM
Cordiana is her mother's name.

How would she be effected if her mother pretended to be a celestial so she could produce my character?

Thalassomedon
2012-06-19, 02:58 PM
I should make her a Warblade because of the maneuvers? What PrC should she have if she is a Warblade/Rogue?

Where can I find the most update info on the Fey'ri?

PeachyFairyFox
2023-08-02, 11:17 PM
What fey would give me an attractive half-fiend female fey who has a Brachina as her mother? How would I figure out her starting out stats and how she would look like? Would this character be better of having her mother being an Erinye? If you think her mother should be an Erinye then could you help me stat her out as being half-fiend Erinye fey. Also what help can give in figuring out how to go about describing her look?

I know this is an old thread, however, I have exactly what you are looking for! Perhaps if you ever wanted to revisit the concept in a new game, you could use this.

This is a rules-compatible descendant of Malcanthet build with level progression options and recommendations, with no level adjustment needed: (remove spaces in url)
https:// docs.google .com /document/d/1cAeCkd1sCGGBixKoy-A1YPre9s_eMCIyvDliDSszkvg/edit?usp=sharing