PDA

View Full Version : Belt of Masculinity/femininity and asexual race

Akisa
2012-06-05, 07:45 PM
So I was wondering what happens if a race without a gender, or perhaps more than two genders (something like Rakririan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakririan)) puts on a Masculinity/Femininity belt?

legomaster00156
2012-06-05, 07:53 PM
No gender: no change. Otherwise, let the dice decide.
3+ genders: The DM shall make a sort of "wheel". The belt's curse turns you clockwise on the wheel. Removing the curse resets you to your normal gender. Otherwise, let the dice decide.

deuxhero
2012-06-05, 07:58 PM
Not sure how a race with no interest in sex/romance changes how the griddle works ("Sexless" is likely the word you are looking for).

Anyways, the griddle doesn't actually exist in 3.5 (It does in PF though), but I'd say there would be no effect if a sexless creature donned it.

Akisa
2012-06-05, 08:22 PM
Not sure how a race with no interest in sex/romance changes how the griddle works ("Sexless" is likely the word you are looking for).

Anyways, the griddle doesn't actually exist in 3.5 (It does in PF though), but I'd say there would be no effect if a sexless creature donned it.

While it doesn't exist, it's still part of the random effect for a curse item when you roll 30-32.

deuxhero
2012-06-05, 08:54 PM
Yeah, but it lacks the die roll and chance to become neuter.

Worira
2012-06-05, 08:58 PM

No, actually, "asexual" is exactly the word she's looking for.

Eldest
2012-06-05, 09:29 PM
No, actually, "asexual" is exactly the word she's looking for.

One meaning of the term asexual is somebody uninterested in romance, as opposed to a heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual or any of a long list. Another is a species that reproduces asexually. So you're both right.
No idea how one would interact with a Belt, though.

Bahamut Omega
2012-06-05, 09:35 PM
So I was wondering what happens if a race without a gender, or perhaps more than two genders (something like Rakririan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakririan)) puts on a Masculinity/Femininity belt?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Worira
2012-06-05, 10:30 PM
One meaning of the term asexual is somebody uninterested in romance, as opposed to a heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual or any of a long list. Another is a species that reproduces asexually. So you're both right.
No idea how one would interact with a Belt, though.

Yeah, except that my point is that the OP is using the word correctly. The fact that there's a secondary meaning (which I'm aware of, by the way) does not change the fact that the OP's usage was correct.

Drelua
2012-06-05, 10:37 PM
I'd turn an asexual character into a random gender. Roll a dice; if it's even, male, if it's odd, female. Congratulations, you can now have sex! :smallbiggrin:

Crasical
2012-06-06, 01:07 AM

:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek: I-I don't want to have my private bits anywhere near a griddle!

phantomreader42
2012-06-06, 10:33 AM

Also raises the question of how it would affect hermaphroditic creatures (plants, worms, various abberations).

Also, does an item or spell that makes one sterile prevent a pollen-based attack by a druid wildshaped into plant form?

Arbane
2012-06-06, 12:32 PM
Also raises the question of how it would affect hermaphroditic creatures (plants, worms, various abberations).

The male and female parts switch places on their body?

Also, does an item or spell that makes one sterile prevent a pollen-based attack by a druid wildshaped into plant form?

Ha! brilliant.

Narren
2012-06-06, 01:18 PM

Everyone else in the world would switch genders.

...That would actually have some pretty interesting implications.

Darth_Versity
2012-06-06, 01:27 PM
So what happens to a changeling? Do they always become the opposite sex to what they're trying to become?

And 'sexless' is the word for my marriage, not a gender neutral race :smallwink:

Morph Bark
2012-06-06, 03:55 PM
or perhaps more than two genders (something like Rakririan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakririan)) puts on a Masculinity/Femininity belt?

I've always wondered how such a race would work.

Also, some people here seem to be confusing gender with sex.

Worira
2012-06-06, 04:46 PM
Yeah, that would be because they have a synonymous meaning. People are, again, using the word perfectly correctly.