PDA

View Full Version : OOC Vampire:The Masquerade-Chicago-Southside

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-06, 10:01 AM
Here is the OOC for you four. You will notice the other players seem somewhat familiar. This is deliberate. The 4 of you put forth excellent characters for both werewolf and vampire. I didn't want to keep you out of vampire just because you had werewolf characters. So my solution was to make two vampire groups. However the initial IC will be with all seven of you.

No picking colors yet.

The IC will begin tonight

XianTheCoder
2012-06-06, 10:12 AM
Thanks Cow.

So it sounds like there will be two different coteries operating inside the same IC thread. Is that correct? Will we be interacting with the werewolf group, and if so, how will that be handled?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-06, 10:16 AM
The reason you guys have been separated is so that if there is Vampire-Werewolf interactions, it will be between your werewolf characters and the other coterie.

The very FIRST IC will be at the Prince's place. You've all been invited to a party, and it's made clear attendance is mandatory. If anyone has a human ghouls, it would be custom for them to come with you.

Once the party is over, the Coterie's will have been formed and two IC threads will be made.

XianTheCoder
2012-06-06, 10:26 AM
Gotcha, that works. So we don't have to worry about interacting with ourselves in werewolf form, thats helpful.

Will events in the other game affect us (like if we slaughter the prince and cause a coup, will the other group follow that event timeline or will the prince still be waking around in their version of the game)?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-06, 10:44 AM
Oh heavens yes. You will affect each other with every action you take. That's why you're all starting at the same party together.

XianTheCoder
2012-06-06, 10:52 AM
Oh heavens yes. You will affect each other with every action you take. That's why you're all starting at the same party together.

Nice! Bye Bye Prince.... :smalltongue:

hayabusa
2012-06-06, 11:33 AM
Hehehe... Who wants to take over Chicago's Kindred?

All kidding aside, I'm glad that I've made it into both games.

Matthew Johnson (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/18431)

Human Background

Matt Johnson was born in a small town in Eastern Missouri in the year 1919. He spent the majority of his childhood helping the family out in their small general store. The family was never really wealthy, but always seemed to have enough money to afford a few luxuries even in the middle of the Depression. One of these luxuries were tickets to the carnival when it came to town.

While his father and mother loved the livestock shows and his sister enjoyed the games, Matt was drawn to the goings-on in a tent off to the side. Tickets were a dime and he always seemed to have enough. In that tent, he saw great feats of strength and cunning inside of an old, beat-down boxing ring. He watched as a man stood in the ring, a fancy-looking belt around his waist--The heavyweight champion of all of the world!--and challenged the locals to attempt to wrestle him down to the mat and pin his shoulders to the ground. Many tried, but all of them failed.

When he grew up, he aspired to be just like that man in the ring. When he was seventeen, he found out where the champion lived and begged to be trained. It wasn't cheap, but soon Matt learned the secrets of the trade.

After a brief break in his career after being drafted to fight in WWII, Matt (going under the ring name of Jonny Matthews) continued his pro wrestling career, being billed as a real-life army hero. Matt never really liked the gimmick, having served primarily as a Jeep driver on the back lines, but went with it anyway. It felt good to be cheered on as a hero.

Post-Embrace Background
It was 1953 and the promoter that Matt usually worked for had decided to go back to the open challenge matches for the night. As the Missouri Heavyweight Champion, Matt went out to the ring and boasted, claiming that none of the locals there could best him. It was to his surprise that his usual wrestling opponent was beaten to the ring by an unusually quick and eager man. He was deceptively strong, but Matt was eventually able to defeat him. He didn't know that his opponent that night was the ghoul manservant of a local Brujah. That night, he was embraced as a vampire somewhat unwillingly.

Though he has come to forgive his sire somewhat, there's always some part of Matt that resents her for his unlife. He spent the next few decades in St. Louis with her before heading out to Chicago in the late 1970s. It was a new city that he had little experience with, and it just seemed to fit him. Getting a job as a part-time night security guard at the offices of a local Chicago law firm in the past few years has provided him with enough money to afford a nice used car, a small apartment in a suburb of Chicago and enough to afford almost any wrestling show that comes into town.

A Vignette

"I should have known that I would find you here..." A soft voice said from behind him. It was cool and hid behind it a slight hint of malice that it always had.

A small smile spread on Matt's face. God, how long had it been since he had seen his sire? A decade? Two? "You know me all too well," he said. "Take a seat," he offered, patting the folding chair next to him. "The guy who sat here ain't coming back."

The brown-haired woman takes the offered seat and laughs. "Something you did? How wicked!"

Matt shrugs slightly and lets loose a chuckle quickly followed by a few cheers for the action that's going on in the ring in front of him. "He was being disrespectful to the ladies," he states, gesturing to the women wrestling. "I told him to get lost."

Another laugh from her. "You did more than that, I imagine... Nothing too revealing, I hope. You do know that they're taping this..."

He shakes his head. "I told him to get lost and he started feeling a bit unnerved, but nothing more," he replies. He turns to look at her. The hairstyle is different from when he saw her last, hanging straight down her back, a far cry from the 1980's style she adopted in an attempt to fit in with her prey in those days. "But, I suppose that you didn't come down here to talk wrestling with me. What do you need, Karen?"

"I need nothing, but the 'boss' wishes to see you. Eddie has something important that he needs to discuss with you."

A bit of rage flashes on Matt's face. "If it's about me stop going to these, he can--with all due respect--go to Hell. Besides, I try to be careful."

"Such words..." She teases. "I'll tell him you said that!" she adds with a laugh. "No, it's not this. It's not like he doesn't have hobbies himself, I'm sure. It's about something else. He wouldn't even tell me, just sent one of his lackeys to tell me to tell you."

Matt nods. "You know when?"

"Tomorrow."

"Crap, they've got another taping they're doing tomorrow night, so I'm gonna have to miss it."

Karen rolls her eyes. "You still love this stuff, don't you?"

"I'd have never left it if it wasn't for you. Well, I'll be there."

Hunted Flaw

Going to the majority of every wrestling show in Chicago over the past few decades can be disastrous for a Kindred, even if one does their best to stay out of the way of the cameras. With the advent of DVRs and the proliferation of even the smallest independent promotion selling DVDs of their shows, it was bound to happen eventually that they would get noticed somehow.

One man has awakened to the truth and found out about Matthew's constant appearances, the same middle-aged man on every tape for decades, and he assumes the worst. And he's prepared enough to try and stop him...

NotScaryBats
2012-06-06, 11:51 AM
Oh, my. Well, we should be sure to get to know each other really well if we're in two games together <3

XianTheCoder
2012-06-06, 12:06 PM
Felix Socult (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/18415)

Sire: Argo Fiatte
DOB: June 26th, 1976
DOD: April 15th, 2000 (Age: 24)
Flaws: Hunted (Lover of a Failed Experiment), Old Flame (Felicia), Prey Exclusion (Intellectual Women)
Merits: None
Languages: English, Latin

Clan Weakness: One Step Blood Bound to the 7 Elders.

History:
Felix was born to a middle class suburban family, living near Myrtle Beach South Carolina. As a boy he exceled at academics, specifically the sciences. His passion was researching unexplained phenominon within organic materials. While a boy, his parents stressed well roundedness, and forced him to play sports. His small quick frame allowed him to play effectively, but he never exceled, he preferred the lab to the field.

As most academically oriented children, Felix was picked on by many of the other children. For years, he was teased and put into embarrassing situations by his peers. Over time he began losing faith in people, and retreated from the social world, caring less and less for the people around him. By the time he entered college, people where another organism to study, which he did extremely effectively. He watched and gauged reactions, learned how and why people behave the way they do. When he felt there was little more to learn through the observation proccess, he began engaging people in various behavoirs and noting their reactions. After a few years Felix became very competant at manipulating how people felt and how they react.

Felix attended a fairly prestigious east coast school were he studied the sciences, eventually graduating with a Phd. During his junior year he enrolled in a course on exlporative Biology, with professor Williams. It didn't take long for Pr. Williams to notice Felix's interest and intelligence. Shortly after the class began, Pr Williams took Felix on as a research assistent. Pr. Williams was working on researching blood born conditions at the time. They stayed late nights, occassionally another associate of the Professors would stop in to help. Argo Fiatte, was a scientist, turned businessman, from France who had done research into blood born diseases. During his occasional visits the talk usually centered on immortality. A concept that intrigued Felix.

When he wasn't in class or at the lab, Felix was working. At his job he met a beautiful young lady, who he immediately fell for. While they were together, his faith in humanity rose, and he actively tried to be a better person. For several months they dated, but it would soon come to an end. Felicia, would dump him for another coworker. He was let for a less intelligent, less successful guy, which made no logical sense to him. The insult brought back the deep rooted feelings of being made fun of and a child, and his faith in people and humanity plummetted. That night he was to help Pr. Williams in the lab, when he got there Argo was already waiting. That night he was embraced into house Tremere, sired by Argo Fiatte, with his ghoul Pr. Williams as witness.

Felix's first lessons where the standard lessons of all neonate Tremere, what their place in the House was, and what their responsibilities to the House and it's senior members where. When Argo was convinced that Felix understood the seriousness of breaking Tremere codes of conduct, he bagan teaching him the secrets of Blood Magic. Felix took to Blood magic very quickly, embracing the lessons, and spending hours in study and research. Eventually, the Chantry Elders determined that Felix was competant enough to be released from apprenticeship. The Chicago Chantry contained several members that Felix desired education from, and a move to Chicago was an easy decision. Only weeks after his departure, the Sabbat strike on New York would take place. The Tremere in the area migrated to other chantries, Argo would not follow Felix to Chicago, leavin him on his won.

His life as a researcher taught him the importance of research and reference materials. With that in mind, Felix spent the first few years on his own building his library. He would perform favors for elder Tremere, and spend countless hours in the chantry libraries, reading and making copies of everythign he could get his hands on. Eventually he built quite a collection, which he had copied. One set was stored in a bank safe deposit vault in Chicago, the other exists in a few main book volumes and electronic copies stored on DVD's. This second copy is stored in a safe in his apartments at the Chantry House.

All his training, research, and even his move to Chicag never helped him get over the girl. To this day Felix thinks about her everyday, and he refuses to feed on anyone who reminds him of her. Currently unbeknownst to him, Felicia never left him of her own free will. A Tzimisce, corrupted her mind, and turned her to his Ghoul. After nearly a year as a Ghoul, she was embraced by the Tzimisce. Now she walks the night as a member of the Sabbat. After the sacking of New York, Felicia's sire was sent to aid in the sacking on Chicago, Felicia went by extension.

Felix is now out from under his sires thumb, and looking to make a name for himself within clan Tremere. He has carefully plotted his ascent and is now prepared to take the neccessary steps to climb the ranks. Felix still keeps in constant contact with Argo, every few weeks he takes a trip out to visit with him, usually the trip lasts a day or two.

During the initial year of his embrace, Felix was still working on personal research, under the careful watch of Argo. During that time he took several mortals into the lab for experimentation. A young woman died, during one of these experiments, and Felix carefully disposed of the body. It didn't stop her lover from finding out, he now hunts Felix in an attempt for vengence over his lost lover. He nearly managed to find Felix once, but the move to Chicago allowed Felix to unknowingly escape.

Appearance: Felix is not a bad looking man, but puts no effort into his appearance. Frequently he looks disheveled, like he slept in his clothes. Pen and Ink stains frequently can be seen on his clothing. His hair is always wild and not combed.

Residence: An apartment within the Chantry on House Tremere's private estate.

Possesions:
-Possessions (Carried):
--1 Blackberry
--1 Mini Voice Recorder w/Blank Tapes
--1 Portable DVR
--1 Laptop Computer

-Possessions (Apartment):

-Possessions (Vehicles):

Vehicles:
--SUV

Occult Library:
Library is mostly on DVD's and a few large reference books, stored in a safe in his apartment.
A copy of his library exists in a safe deposit box at a local Montreal Bank.
All known rituals are saved in an encrpyted file on Felix's Blackberry for easy reference when performing them.
Effects of Occult Library:
+3 Dice to Occult Dice Pool
-2 to Difficulties on Occult Rolls

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-07, 12:29 AM
IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13356883#post13356883) is finally up

Now to start on the wolves...

Also, colors taken not also taken by wolves are

Dark red
Silver
Sienna

NotScaryBats
2012-06-07, 01:02 AM
Okay, Danielle will speak in "DarkOrchid" a favorite of mine.

XianTheCoder
2012-06-07, 11:52 AM
What does Felix know about the Tremere elder (with the cane)? Have they ever talked, ever given Felix a project or mission, does Felix know anythign that the elder is interested in?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-07, 01:00 PM
You know him as Alan, and he mostly keeps to himself, so you don't know a whole lot about him. He moved into the Chantry about a year ago to take over teaching students who wish to learn the Movement of the mind. Rumor has it he moved here after some bad Sabbat trouble on the west coast, but no one knows the specifics. Beyond that, you know him as a quiet elder who keeps to himself. He has yet to ask anything of you, but is always at formal Chantry events when he should be.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-07, 01:52 PM
As mentioned in the IC thread, there are special notes on each of your invitations.

Matt Johnson

Mr. Johnson,
Since moving to My City you have been a non-problematic member and I like you. You have been recommended for a task I need done.
-Alexander

Victoria Abendfield

Ms. Abendfield,
Your vigilantism has caused me a great deal of concern. Yet your sire's influence has convinced me to turn a blind eye to your actions. But the time has come, I want something from you. Do not refuse my invitation! Be there or else!
-A

Danielle Anderson

Ms. "Anderson",
Secrets are a wonderful thing, are they not? I understand you have several. We need to talk.
-A

Felix Socult
You do not receive a special message. The invitation was handed to you by a Tremere elder with simple instructions that this invitation was a great honor and that you should represent the clan with Class.

NotScaryBats
2012-06-08, 03:24 PM
Wow what a roll. I don't know if I get to reroll the 10 (I have 4 in the relevant knowledge)
lol I botched my first roll of the game QQ

if I can reroll the ten, then [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-11, 12:37 AM
Can I have a Perception+politics roll from Felix please

XianTheCoder
2012-06-11, 07:38 AM
Can I have a Perception+politics roll from Felix please

Ah yes, my strong dice pool.... Here's hoping for a 10...

[roll0]

XianTheCoder
2012-06-11, 07:56 AM
Actually I get two dice.... Here's hoping for a 3 and a 10

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-11, 08:04 AM
Felix is convinced hayabusa's character, Matthew, is a Elder Toreador.

XianTheCoder
2012-06-11, 11:46 AM
And he's currently hitting on some chick right? Or not? Just tell me where he is in the timeline when I notice him so I don't step on the game clock.

At least he's Toreador, the useless clan with nothing to offer, gives Felix a lot less likelihood of completely embarrassing himself.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-04, 01:06 AM
The Long awaited IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13497142#post13497142)

Thanks for all your patience.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-13, 02:56 PM
Just noticed that Psiclone is in the hospital. With Xian still gone, until someone gets back I'm going to not progress the story any further for now.

Hope every thing is okay Psiclone.

hayabusa
2012-07-13, 05:17 PM
Just noticed that Psiclone is in the hospital. With Xian still gone, until someone gets back I'm going to not progress the story any further for now.

Same here.

hayabusa
2012-07-13, 05:19 PM

Same here.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-16, 04:31 AM
I am back -- sorry for the delay!

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 04:47 PM
Put a / in the first of the brackets, ugh
[roll0]

hayabusa
2012-08-09, 04:52 PM
I'll post what I do the next night in a bit, I don't want to get too far ahead of Psiclone.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 05:25 PM
She's already on the next night. You are both on sunday, June 10th at the moment, and she's already spent several hours poking around with contacts and messing with the video.

hayabusa
2012-08-09, 05:56 PM
Oops, read that wrong and thought that she was still on the same night. Will get a post up soon.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 09:50 PM
So this thought occurs to me, and I thought I would get some feedback from you two. In my experiences with vampire, I have almost always played solo or very small groups. The experience plays very different.

For example, right now I'm just skirting over Matthew feeding. Rolls are done, and you move on. In a larger group of 3 or 4, you have to do this. The small details just slow things down too much.

But with this particular group, which has become you two, I don't think that's required. You compliment each other's abilities quite nicely, you're both really good players, and if I wanted to spend more time on small details for each of your characters, I could. Every conversation with a contact would be a conversation. Every time you feed, you could meet a new person. The experience would be alot more rich. And you are likely to be getting more benefits out of your herd/contacts. But things would move slower. I'm okay with that if you are, I just thought I would throw that out there for what the two of you think.

hayabusa
2012-08-23, 10:14 PM
That's certainly fine by me if it's okay with everyone else.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-23, 10:17 PM
Aww, thanks <3

Yeah, I think we all three post a whole bunch every day, so it wouldn't slog down like it could in other situations. So, let's give it a try! I think it will work out nicely.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 02:23 AM
Alright, beginning with the following night I will take that approach.

Before I advance, is there anything else anyone is doing for the night?

NotScaryBats
2012-08-24, 02:30 AM
Hrmm, I suppose I should go eat something... But it can wait until tomorrow; Danielle is enveloped in her work.

hayabusa
2012-08-24, 09:19 AM
That's certainly fine by me and I don't have anything else productive for Matthew to do.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-26, 11:49 PM
Psiclone
To better dictate this upcoming encounter, please explain to me what Danielle's normal feeding habit tends to be.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-27, 02:53 PM
Danielle varies her approach to feeding regularly, both to not draw attention, and for the thrill of it. Tonight, she's in a hurry. Her intention is to use her raw sex appeal (she has plenty of it) to lure in a victim or two and get her meal from him.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-29, 10:23 AM
Her options here are a night club or a bar. Neither is gonna be jam packed on a Monday night, but with her looks and traits, she shouldn't exactly have a hard time regardless.

So which will it be, a bar or a nightclub? Either one will fit your needs, but a bar increases the chances someone will have a large amount of alcohol in their system. (which can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. :smallwink:)

NotScaryBats
2012-08-30, 08:47 PM
For ease, Danielle will head to a bar. Hopefully, she can drink some blood and be on her way.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 02:21 PM
Here we go. Celerity is the thing that messes up the combat system more than any other ability.

First off, celerity doesn't make it easier to hit anything. So your kick is dex+brawl, making it only 5 dice.

Secondly, to keep celerity going you need to spend a blood point each round to have it's benefits the following round. With your generation, that means you don't get to heal or raise you abilities if you do that.

Thirdly, Celerity gives you extra actions. Normally taking extra actions, such as running and then kicking someone, counts as two actions and reduces your dice pool. Celerity basically gives you more actions with no penalties. But they take place at the end of the turn. (wth?)
So currently we have actions as follows;

Erik goes
Matthew goes (because he has to go before the werewolf)
Werewolf goes
Ghost goes

But at the end of that, Matthew goes again with a number of actions equal to his dots in celerity. (Imagine if you had 4 dots in celerity. ugh!)

As for potence;
Potence adds successes to you strength rolls. And your damage rolls.
So it doesn't help you hit the werewolf, but it adds to your damage successes.

So with your five attack dice, you have two successes. Thus your kick does 4 damage dice+1 dice for kicking+1 dice for a extra success. Thankfully you happen to roll 6 dice, and you have 3 successes. Thus you do 5 damage, 3 successes on the damage dice plus two from potence.
So you kick the wolf for 5 damage of non-lethal.
(His soak roll so I don't have to post again.)[roll0]

Everything make sense?

hayabusa
2012-09-07, 02:47 PM
I think I understand it a bit better now. Sorry about that, I'm still not used to combat in this system as much as I should be.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 02:55 PM
Glad it helped. Honestly I think you two have the best grasp of the system out of all the playhers, which isn't comforting at times. But I'm working on getting examples up for everyone.

Anyway, ran out of time. Will finish up the combat round later.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-07, 09:37 PM
Haha, yeah, I played the heck out of oWoD back in my high school days. Hence why I'm rusty and occasionally think a house rule is the actual rule.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 04:55 PM
Aaah -- the suspense!! Really excited for this to play out, because I think we're both screwed :P

walking into traps... we're walking into traps...

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 05:09 PM
It's a trap
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1009/its-a-trap-diamonds-fix-everything-demotivational-poster-1283454905.jpg

Also
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1005/its-a-trap-admiral-ackbar-finger-trap-demotivational-poster-1275086057.jpg

But in all seriousness, I saw your post and had to find a picture of admiral akbar before I could respond to either of you. LOL.

ITS A TRAP.

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 05:43 PM
Aaah -- the suspense!! Really excited for this to play out, because I think we're both screwed :P

walking into traps... we're walking into traps...

That thought had crossed my mind. Oh well, let's spring the traps. :P

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 05:52 PM
That thought had crossed my mind. Oh well, let's spring the traps. :P

Just curious, what kind of trap do you think Matthew is in?

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 06:10 PM
Just curious, what kind of trap do you think Matthew is in?

Probably the same one Danielle's in. I'm just saying: one trap, two traps or even none, let's spring 'em.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-17, 01:52 AM
1) Using the inactive player as your Tremere contact. Curse you.

2) Did Matthew call on his 'new friend' in the past week? Or alternatively, I think there was some sort of arrangement to meet at the same place every week, wasn't there?

3) What kind of defenses does Danielle's Haven have?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-27, 12:15 AM
So the process of what happens is some what dragged out, but can easily be glossed over. Which would the two of you prefer? Attention to detail or time efficiency?

hayabusa
2012-11-21, 08:31 PM
Added a point of Celerity and a point in Investigation.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-28, 02:13 AM
if either of you don't have a full willpower, regain one point.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-16, 11:03 PM
Dude, ghoul this chicken <3

hayabusa
2012-12-17, 10:46 AM
Dude, ghoul this chicken <3

I just might.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-23, 07:25 PM
Busy week Bats?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-23, 08:00 PM
Ehehe... I am actually in, like, lesse...
1 4e game
3 3.5 games
2 3.5 games (telling)
2 WoD games
1 Free from game
So, occasionally I read a thread, forget to respond, and then it goes off my subscriptions page as an unread thread, and...
yeah

Sorry! I'll get my response down!

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 04:49 AM
Hey, I see you running some more WoD games. That's cool. Did your Game of Dragons ever get off the ground?

Are all the original vamps still playing? I know you split us up originally, and I never went back to check on the otherdudes -- like the cocaine addict and whoever else.

Just curious <3

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 05:15 AM
there were originally 6 vampire characters. 3 of you got assigned to try and sniff out the sabbat.
Danielle
Matthew
and Felix, (the Tremere)

The other group was
Joey- The giovanni coke addict
Jace- Played by Daelrog
and Edward, a ventrue who acted like a brujah.

The second group was assigned to infiltrate the sabbat. But it failed horribly. I didn't include an npc with the group, and gave them too many directions to go. They basically were overwhelmed, and it moved slower than the werewolf game. (Which moves slow, but is always interesting). So it died off, It left my mind for a bit and then I basically said "Hey, who's left?". We only lost the giovanni apparently. At that point i decided to split everybody up and reset the plot to get the ball rolling again. Well the guy who played Edward doesnt like solo games apparently and dropped.

So of the original 6, there are 3 left. All of them also in the werewolf game. lol.

As for the new players, yes I am. After the vampire meeting/ werewolf moot, the chronicle is going to go to what I would consider a new chapter. I figured a little fresh blood in the city wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for the dragon game, I think it got off the ground but I didn't join in. Basically I didn't care for some of the other players and the insane optimization that was going on. So I never made a character.

Oddly the only d&d game I've been in that has lasted worth half a damn is yours. lol.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 11:16 PM
Hahaha, that's pretty funny, actually. A lot of times, people just get bored and stop posting, like Lean in the Vecna Game. I don't blame 'em, but it'd be nice if a person gave some "hey, I'm gonna stop posting" warning first!

I don't think I will post interest as another new character -- all my ideas are for established, powerful characters and not starting Cubs and Fledglings. I could try to circumvent your rules by buying the Age Background, but I don't think that would be cool XD Plus, I already have two characters in your wonderful world, and that might be enough for now.

That's too bad about the dragons. I also have always wanted to play a dragon.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-17, 03:02 AM
Rotshreck, "the Red Fear" (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.vteschecklist.com/images/library_set/card_image/2946/2946-large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.vteschecklist.com/library/show/1315&h=500&w=365&sz=42&tbnid=EOH6L26GSGvNIM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=75&zoom=1&usg=__T6UH_NRzDy49FIJXuVwXmRKF4l8=&docid=p3LdxyqATgYfMM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VY4gUdPqIYWniAL_2IHIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQ9QEwBQ&dur=1405)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 03:07 AM
Wow, never knew there was a card game.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-17, 03:13 AM
Oh yeah? Its designed by Richard Garfield, of MTG fame, and is actually pretty fun. I inherited a shoe box of 'em from my older cousin when I was, like, 10 XD

There's also a Werewolf one that is (in my opinion) infinitely better. It's called Rage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28collectible_card_game%29).

Both are like, hella out of print, but they are tons of fun.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 03:19 AM
Sounds cool. The next time I'm in Seattle, which likely is never, we'll have to play a game. :smallwink:

hayabusa
2013-02-17, 04:05 PM
Wow, holy crap, I was not expecting that to happen.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 04:23 PM
Matthew watches the news carefully, trying to find any indication of Sabbat activity. There is mention of a cop being shot in a gang shooting, but nothing beyond that which he suspects could be Sabbat related. Even the shooting is a bit of a stretch.

However they do mention president Palin is expected to make a important announcement in two days. Something about it unnerves Matthew, which is silly because there's no way it could be connected to the Sabbat attacks.
This was posted in november :smallbiggrin:

But truth be told, I had this moment planned from Day 1

hayabusa
2013-02-17, 05:19 PM
This was posted in november :smallbiggrin:

But truth be told, I had this moment planned from Day 1

I missed that. Can't believe I did, but it happened.

hayabusa
2013-02-19, 05:45 PM
As for rolling, I typically type in [ rollv ] I have been getting some bad rolls recently. I think I'm paying for that Flames of War event where I was rolling so well a couple of weeks ago...

And, my copy of Wraith came in today! All the way via boat from Hawaii. Moved pretty quick once it hit the mainland, though.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 05:59 PM
You bought a copy of wraith? Consider yourself lucky. I think those are worth a pretty penny. Along with hunter books. Sorry to tell you, I wont be adding wraith to the games I'm running though.

hayabusa
2013-02-19, 06:32 PM
I kinda figured that, but I wanted a copy anyway. I know about the Hunter books. Most used OWoD hardcovers are $10 at my local game store. Hunter was $20. I haven't looked at the majority of the soft covers yet, but they have the majority of them.

Got my copy of Wraith for $13 not including shipping. Not bad, but considering I missed said $10 copy of it by a week...

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 06:50 PM
You guys ever play Mummy or Demon?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 06:54 PM
I've fought demons, and thats about the end of it. Once I read what it was about, i wanted to play it.

What is mummy even about?

hayabusa
2013-02-19, 07:06 PM
No on either of them, sorry to say.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 07:14 PM
tl dr you are a weak-willed person (drug addict, etc) that gets merged with an ancient Egyptian spirit. The two merge to become a whole person, with some interesting powers about on par with disciplines. The idea is you are trying to perfect yourself, purging the negative bits of your personality and becoming pure.

At the end of the day, you have a human with mage-like survivability, vampire-like powers, and the ability to come back to life whenever they die.

That's what I remember from reading the book when it came out during the Year of the Scarab.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 07:38 PM
What's the dark twist?

In vampire, everyone's walking a careful line between being a horrible monster and retaining one's humanity.

In werewolf you're fighting a for a unattainable victory in a world that's you inherently want to defend even though it's wrong.

In mage, you search for ultimate power while flirting with madness and your destruction.

In hunter, you actively seek to destroy everything that's stronger than you while the world around you would think you're crazy.

So what's the dark twist on mummy?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 08:04 PM
Um, I don't remember?

lol...

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 08:12 PM
Alright, we'll let it slide this time. :smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 08:43 PM
Demon: the Fallen was my second favorite game for WoD, after Werewolf. I always liked Mummy, but my group all agreed they were too silly and didn't like Em, so I never got to get my Mummy on for any period of time.

It's hard to choose favorites though because I had a ton of fun with Mage, too... Ho hum I like them all.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 08:45 PM
You should run a mage game. I'd love to use the system and figure out how it works. :smallsmile:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 11:14 PM
Lol that's tempting. I dunno, though, there are basically two ways to play mage - with my friends, we are very loose on the effects and kind of silly with the paradox effects, but I have played with a guy on these forums who was, like, hard core trying to optimize his starting mage, attesting that he could make an infinite energy device with his irl physics knowledge and Forces 2.

Lol I was like "why are you even..."

But yeah, the way Mage us so open-ended is a blessing and a curse that really depends on the coolness of your group, in my experience.

On these boards... I'm not sure. It might be doable

Okay, I'll think about it <3

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 11:26 PM
That just means you have to be careful about who you get to play.

One of the reasons I leave recruitment open for so long when I'm starting a game is because it gets me plenty of applicants. So you can weed out the power gamers, because that's not what the world of darkness system is about.

With vampire characters, if I see a player has selected generation 8, I generally just don't pick him because it's a huge indicator. Which is hilarious because my very first character in vampire was 8th gen, but the difference was I wasn't doing it to power game. The ST just restricted 90% of what I could take for backgrounds, so I said 'screw it, lets be 8th gen'.

hayabusa
2013-02-19, 11:27 PM
Good night everyone. Wow, did I do a lot of posting today.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 11:42 PM
No kidding, you and Daelrog have kept me from getting any real work done today. :smallwink:

hayabusa
2013-02-20, 09:29 AM
No kidding, you and Daelrog have kept me from getting any real work done today. :smallwink:

Oops. :smallbiggrin:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-20, 09:57 PM
Yeah, you guys are doing it to me again too. :smalltongue:

Better catch up Bats, your male vampire competition is kicking your butt. :smallwink:

::Sigh:: I swear I will update the werewolf game tonight...

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 12:28 AM
I think I need to update my app or something because my keyboard is freaking out. I had time to respond today, but it was so frustrating trying to type lol

It might be fixed now though? I'll try to respond!

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 01:04 AM
Yeah, i never did find a browser that worked well on my phone. It makes it hard to stay caught up.

Thankfully I've been able to work from a computer a lot lately. Although that sucked yesterday....:smallwink:

hayabusa
2013-02-21, 06:33 PM
Well, looking outside it's pretty clear that I'm not going to be doing anything outside that doesn't involve a shovel for the next day or so...

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I'm watching that on the news. It should hit me by tonight. So happy to own a snow blower.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-21, 02:44 AM
lol -- sorry, you didn't have to research that! You could have just said there was.

Danielle is being so careless lately, its a wonder she's still unlive.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-23, 03:24 AM
This is a question for all the vampire players. Where do you think the story should go? That is not to ask where you character would like the story to go, but where you as the player think the story logically should go.

If you would like to tell me how your character would like it to go... I suppose I'd listen to that too though.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-23, 04:25 AM
Um, the White Wolf way would probably be to struggle a bit more against overwhelming odds then die in obscurity.

The heroic way would be to form a resistance and then forge a new world order, overcoming great obstacles and monolithic agencies.

The realistic way is to lie low until the heat dies down or run.

I, um, guess I don't really know where to go with it, where do you want me to go?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-23, 08:58 AM
I basically have a plan for where to go with everyone. It just occurred that all three remaining original vampires are basically at the same mental place at the same time. So I thought I would take the time to get some player feedback.

hayabusa
2013-03-23, 11:10 AM
I say go the realistic way with a sprinkling of the White Wolf way. Make lying low difficult, but not impossible.

daelrog
2013-03-23, 11:52 AM
Good question. Personally, I want to see my character persecuted, for him to live in constant danger. Not necessarily an attack helicopter with flame throwers, but even not having easy access to blood is a concern. I actually don't have a strong preference where Jace's romantic side quest goes, I'm pretty open minded about it, just as I was open minded to have it start. I would like it to continue to be a significant part of his motivation so whether she is around, but not seen, whether some glimmer of hope is there, or more likely he's a total loser out of his league in so many ways, it's cool by me.

The biggest thing is I want Jace to have the opportunity to rise above himself at challenge the enemy, even if he ends up turning away from glory and running, or if he tries and fails.

Jace wants to take the fight to SWORD, but in his own way. Get online and mess with things. Make anti-vampire sites hard to find, and skepticism go to the top of search lists. Maybe have some fun and hack Whitehouse.gov for some hijinks. He's not inclined to use his arsenal and go to town, but if he knows a calculated way to strike a blow at the kine (take down a communications hub, take out a key road block) he may attempt it depending on the circumstances.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-24, 10:45 PM
Well I should warn you all, i am a fan of Stephen king. So I believe some stories don't get a happy ending. But I'm also a fan of his older work more than his newer work, back when the good endings came at a price but often with sacrifice. (His newer work is sacrifice for mediocre endings at best). So good endings are possible.

So why does this matter? Well I am officially saying that one of you may get a bad ending. But it wouldn't be all of you. And of course, if you don't sacrifice anything, then the ending is probably going to be mediocre.

So if your character runs and does it in a manner that bypasses the story walls, that may be the abrupt end for you. Consider this the advanced warning and apology.

Thanks for all your feedback guys. It's been blast and continues being great playing with you three.

PS @ daelrog.As long as he's been looking for her, Jace's story can't end until he meets Kendra again. That would just be poor story telling.

daelrog
2013-03-25, 10:14 PM
All that sounds good to me, and yes, I enjoy my fair share of tragedy as well. I've been trying to convince the players of my own game the merits of not always winning, and suffering setbacks with limited success.

So yeah, on board with everything you said.

hayabusa
2013-04-08, 01:08 PM
Well, I'm back and ready to game again. Comic convention went well and I got some pretty good finds. Weird comic taste showed up heavily when I bought a signed print from both Don Rosa (Walt Disney Duck comics) and Tony Moore (Walking Dead).

As for White Wolf stuff, I forgot to bring a list of Werewolf books I needed (especially the one tribe book that I'm missing), but I did find this Werewolf trade at the convention that's all graphic novel. Kinda weird since I've never seen anything like it before.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-08, 02:09 PM
Odd, all things considered. But that would be pretty cool if you understood the context of the setting.

There's a series of graphic novels done by marvel called "Anita Blake; Vampire Hunter" or some such. It's not a WoD setting, but it's worth checking out. The graphic novels at least. I found some actual novels of the same character, and they were absolutely terrible.

Of course maybe I just like it because of my unhealthy fixation with Hunter as of late. Hands down, it's becoming my favorite of the OWoD settings simply because it ties together all the other ones.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-08, 02:18 PM
The Werewolf books all used to have little mini comics in the beginnings of them (Amazon was my favorite <3 the Mokole!) but I don't think I knew about an entire graphic novel.

Is it drawn by Ron Spencer? He's my favorite Werewolf artist. Tony Diterrilizi (sp?) is also really good.

CMT liking Hunters... that is probably bad news for us D:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-08, 02:21 PM
LOL.

To be fair, I think you're the only one of the original three who haven't run into a hunter yet.

You should ask Hayabusa how that turned out for him, it's a good story.:smallbiggrin:

NotScaryBats
2013-04-08, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah? Well, I'm all eyes, Hayabusa <3

hayabusa
2013-04-08, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah? Well, I'm all eyes, Hayabusa <3

Sire goes by the old house to pick up a car, I think and gets ambushed. She returns the next night and tells how a hunter had the place staked out (pun intended). I decide that we need to head back and take care of the guy, since he's in my freaking house. I go in through the front, hoping my sire would flank him through the back door. I head into the kitchen and get a crossbow bolt to the the heart. Just managed to get enough soak rolls in to avoid it paralyzing me, thank goodness, and I cross the room quickly and punch the guy in the jaw. He falls down, and I cross the room to where he fell and I'm going to play with the guy a bit before I finish him off. I ask him how many vampires he's killed and he says "just you" before shoving a knife in my throat, incapacitating me.

He then crawls towards a bag and produces a blow torch. And I'm thinking that I'm going to have to be rolling up a new character shortly. Then, my sire hits him over the head with a wooden chair, knocking him out.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-08, 03:04 PM
Nice. I haven't done anything like that, though I did shoot a guy to death, played around with a heart in a jar, and almost died twice :p

hayabusa
2013-04-08, 03:07 PM
The Werewolf books all used to have little mini comics in the beginnings of them (Amazon was my favorite <3 the Mokole!) but I don't think I knew about an entire graphic novel.

Is it drawn by Ron Spencer? He's my favorite Werewolf artist. Tony Diterrilizi (sp?) is also really good.

CMT liking Hunters... that is probably bad news for us D:

Werewolf the Apocalypse: Fang & Claw volume 2. No stories by who you mentioned, but contains the apparently one shot comics for Fianna, Get of Fenris and Glass Walkers. It's not the shorts that appeared in the tribe books, that's for certain.

Also, the werebear comic was funny in how many references they throw out. My favorite was a mutated werebear attacking a camper wearing a Prophecy t-shirt. Prophecy was a movie about a pollution-mutated bear attacking people.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-08, 03:20 PM
Sire goes by the old house to pick up a car, I think and gets ambushed. She returns the next night and tells how a hunter had the place staked out (pun intended). I decide that we need to head back and take care of the guy, since he's in my freaking house. I go in through the front, hoping my sire would flank him through the back door. I head into the kitchen and get a crossbow bolt to the the heart. Just managed to get enough soak rolls in to avoid it paralyzing me, thank goodness, and I cross the room quickly and punch the guy in the jaw. He falls down, and I cross the room to where he fell and I'm going to play with the guy a bit before I finish him off. I ask him how many vampires he's killed and he says "just you" before shoving a knife in my throat, incapacitating me.

He then crawls towards a bag and produces a blow torch. And I'm thinking that I'm going to have to be rolling up a new character shortly. Then, my sire hits him over the head with a wooden chair, knocking him out.

The mechanical details are the ones that make it so jaw dropping.

Basically he walks into the house, and the light's out. He curses and walks towards the kitchen. Hunter flips on the light from the kitchen and shoots him in the heart for four damage. Matthew soaks two.

So Matthew pounces on the guys and does so much damage he has a -5 to all rolls. He assumes the fight is basically over, and at that unfortunate moment I read that you can spend a willpower point to ignore dice penalties for a round. So he spends a willpower point, and stabs Matthew with a hidden knife.

I roll fantastic, dealing five damage. Matthew fails his soak roll completely and goes straight to incapacitated.

So moral of the story, if he had gone to pick up his car the previous night by himself, he would be dead. Of course I probably wouldn't have been that big of a **** to have him walk inside his house and take a stake to the heart. The only reason I did do it was because he knew the hunter was around the place somewhere.