PDA

View Full Version : Wild Factotum thread

GutterFace
2012-06-06, 03:36 PM
Did the post title suck you in? good...i need some thumbs up or down on this idea.

Level 6 Factotum but i want to do something funky (i meet the requirements for everything i will list)

Knowledge Devotion (with Collector of Stories) +Iaijutsu Focus + Skill trick: Hidden Blade + Alchemy crafted Grenades (or poison covered throwing ax's).

boom?!?

also as a side note;

can Iaijutsu Focus be used in melee combat with the Weapon and Torch Feat along with Quick Draw

or does a lit torch/lantern just give you away? lol

VestigeArcanist
2012-06-06, 03:43 PM
The handiest way to use Iaijutsu Focus that I've heard is the Gnome Quickrazor. Your character will draw it for every attack it will do. The drawback is that it will require a feat for proficiency.

Still, this all seems pretty normal for a Factotum.

Urpriest
2012-06-06, 05:56 PM
The throwing axes work. The grenades won't, since Iajustsu focus requires a melee weapon.

GutterFace
2012-06-07, 05:26 AM
superb, thank you!

Bloodgruve
2012-06-07, 09:13 AM
Skill tricks like Hidden Blade can basically be used once per encounter or something like once per minute. Also, check with your DM about throwing a melee weapon and gaining IF, I would say that a thrown melee weapon is actually a ranged weapon after it leaves your hand.

As I stated in your last post Flat Footed is different from 'denied Dex' for sneak attacks. You need to act before your opponent, hide vs them, force a balance check if they have less than 5 Balance ranks, or use spells/maneuvers to achieve Flat Footed to name a few.

I would suggest looking at a build that gives you more ways to get your target FF otherwise you have a lot of your build tied up for 1 to 2 IF attacks per combat. You could look at a level of Swordsage for a couple maneuvers that grant FF.

If you get a chance to rework your character you could look at; Whisper Gnome + Gnomish Quickrazors + Dark Creature Template + Item Familiar + Iaijutsu Focus = great Hide + HiPS + great IF ranks + consistent IF applications. Prolly a better way to do this but I've found it works well.

Blood~