PDA

View Full Version : 2.e Clairemont Academy IC

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-06, 05:19 PM
The freedom city national anthem rings through the wide courtyard of Claremont academy, echoed proudly by the elder students the academy faculty. In the centre of the courtyard nervously stand the new students of the campus, the six of you included, dressed in your best suits. From around you, you can feel generations of heroes looking down upon you from the walls and the statues, and the gentle smile of the headmaster.
As the Anthem dies away, the headmaster limps towards the podium at the centre of the courtyard, his raven topped walking stick clacking noticeably on the pavement. “Welcome, young men and women, to another glorious year at Claremont academy. Here you will learn how to live in the world with your great abilities, how best to control your powers for the benefit of yourselves and those around you, and how to avoid hurting yourself. Amongst you are the next generations of the world’s heroes, be you from the richest of families, other planets, or the depths of the streets. Yet do not feel you need use your abilities as a hero, for your life is your own, be your goal focused in sport, business, or the world of the celebrity. To help this, you will be receiving the finest education we can offer in worlds both the mundane and the extraordinary. I am Duncan Summers, and I will be your headmaster for your stay here. ”
“Now, I understand you likely do not want to listen to an older man talk much longer, so after a few vital announcements I will let you get acquainted. First and foremost, no student is to try and use their powers for personal gain or control whilst on the grounds of the academy. Secondly, we will not tolerate discrimination amongst our students – you come from varied homes and cultures, but no one of you is better than any other. Thirdly, we would like to bring everyone’s attention that each of you has a responsibly to your normal studies as well as your powers, and someone skipping classes to “patrol the city” will be treated as any other turant. And lastly, no matter the rumours you have heard, Claremont does not endorse the super team Next-Gen, and try outs for the team are not being concluded in the gym at 6:30 pm two weeks on Wednesday.
You will be shown to your dormitories in half an hour. For now, I’d advise you get to know one another.”

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-06, 06:25 PM
Unlike the other new students, Emily is not in a suit; a pair of blue jeans, a dark red tanktop, a sweater, and a simple pair of sneakers took the place of a suit. Her hair, normally hanging to just past her shoulders, was pulled back into a low pony tail. A toothpick stuck out of the corner of her mouth, normally it'd be a cigarette but being on school grounds enforced by superpowered individuals it was a bad idea, even if unlit.

She shrugs and starts wandering the crowds as the speech concludes, just looking for people that may be trouble in the academy. Mainly the tough guys that would think her powers were stupid, teachers' pets that'd report her for showing how "stupid" her powers were, and the "cool" kids that'd likely try showing off against her to get their points across. She was really not happy with the numbers she saw, of any of the groups.

Mekboy
2012-06-06, 07:45 PM
Fidgeting nervously in her new clothes, Avari glanced around at the other new students. It was odd really – normally she would be fine with an occasion like this. But despite this her nerves were getting the better of her. Trying to calm herself, she examined her (she hoped) new friends. They all seemed to be normal-looking (not that she was any particular expert) kids, despite their purported powers. That was another odd thing for her. She was not anything special among her caste at home, but here she was something special. Suddenly aware that the speaker had briefly stopped talking, she returned her focus back to him.

As he finished talking, Avari once more glanced around the small crowd, this time feeling slightly confused about the last announcement. Putting it down to lack of familiarity with the language, she took a deep breath and prepared to introduce herself to the group.

betafin
2012-06-07, 01:24 AM
Arc had been one of the people intently listening to the headmaster's speech. This place was so interesting compared to his old school and prospects, so he wanted to have a clear grasp on what the rules were here. It wouldn't do to miss out because of some stupid misunderstanding. He actually wished that the headmaster could have continued speaking, which would let him get a better grasp on the way things were around here, but c'est la vie. At least soon he'll be able to get out of the suit and back into more comfortable clothes, and then can finish off the work on his coat.

As the crowds shift around he strolls out of the bright sunlight to a shady patch near the side, a nice vantage point on the gathering. It doesn't make much sense to go out and meet up with random people right now, he figures, as we don't even know if or when we'll be sorted out into classes. Better to wait until things are set. Feeling slightly giddy at the change in scenery compared to just a few months ago, he coolly leans back to relax, take everything in, maybe wait to see if anyone interesting or noteworthy will crop up near him.

The sky is very nice today, he reflects.

Buwh
2012-06-07, 01:51 PM
Amy Anderson, or at least whatever she was, sat in her brand new uniform staring off into space blankly. Oh sure, she heard the words, even struggled not to smile at a few of the things he said, but aside from the occasional blink her expression remained blank. As the headmaster neared the end of his speech Amy's cheek itched and a strand of her hair quickly went down to scratch it before she could notice, but she quickly put a stop to it and glanced around nervously.

Luckily, it appeared that the seats in this assembly weren't sorted due to name or sex but by plot-relevance. Heading what the headmaster had said, Amy tentatively leaned over to the person sitting next to her but loud enough probably for the next person to hear as well.

"H-hi." She started, cursing herself, there she was acting like Amy again when she wasn't. "I'm Am.. I, uh, I'm a monster." Amy finished lamely, her cheeks tinting red in a very unmonster like fashion.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-07, 01:58 PM
Emily hears someone say they're a monster and snorts, "doubt it," she says, "Name's Emily, Emily Creed, and you are...?"

Buwh
2012-06-07, 02:11 PM
"No, really.. I'm.. It's complicated. I guess you can call me Amy, Amy Anderson." The normal looking slightly cute raven-haired girl said back, staring down at her hands and twiddling them. Dang, why was she acting like this? She'd practiced trying to behave less like she was human, less like she was actually Amy.. because she wasn't human, not really. Her hand curled into a fist as she mentally berated herself. She didn't have the right to act shy in this situation.

Volthawk
2012-06-07, 02:19 PM
It was weird wearing a suit. Alexander couldn't remember a time when he'd worn a suit before. Suits weren't exactly as comfortable as his normal clothes, but ah well. He took a moment to survey the other students, before the one next to him talks to him, causing him to look around and get a good look at her.

"Monster? You don't look like one to me. Name's Alexander."

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-07, 02:26 PM
"Well, you don't look like one, you don't act like one, and you probably wouldn't be here if you were one," Emily says, "I'm probably less human than most people here, I'm half-alien," she holds up a hand and produces a simple black balloon, "not being human doesn't make you a monster, what you do is what makes you one. And being human doesn't make you human either, some humans are monsters, some nonhumans are more human than humans. My father taught me that when i was little."

Mekboy
2012-06-07, 02:40 PM
Overhearing a group talking in front of her, Avari sees her chance. "Hello? I wish to introduce myself. My name is Avar-i-eth-nul. People call me Avari for short. Emily Creed here is half-alien. I am all alien."

betafin
2012-06-07, 05:00 PM
Arc continues to powerwatch, suspecting more and more that he should get involved... somehow. People are starting to group already, some of them displaying their powers -- some flashes of light here and there, some levitating items, nothing grandiose, just a few casual demonstrations.

He looks at the conveniently centered nearby group awkwardly meeting with each other. One girl is trying and failing very hard to remain aloof and emotionless, while another is pulling a balloon out of thin air. Seeing a third person join their conversation, Arc overthinks whether or not and how he should proceed.

He could go over and introduce himself... Given the situation he'd rather not be left out, but then he has to keep up appearances, and the type of introduction matters as well as the level of initiative he should go through, especially with the sheer lack of information he has about the social structure in the Academy, and how magic is treated, if people without innate 'powers,' like having to use magical systems as a medium to get the same effects, looked down on here, and where he would fall into such a system, and he should really take advantage of the opening in their conversation right now--

Well, you only die once...

He decides to keep it simple and strolls as casually as humanly possible to the group in time to hear someone with a name he knows he will never be able to remember properly beat him to the punch and introduce herself. Feeling very lost, he resigns himself and simply walks over and says "Hello" to her.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-07, 05:40 PM
Emily turns to look at the new guy, "yo," she says, giving a short wave, "you one of the new students too?"

Rook.Gamer
2012-06-07, 09:07 PM
Sam looks like a relatively normal, if somewhat geeky, kid, dressed in a slightly oversized suit with a tie that just looks a little odd. His black hair is a little unkempt and appears to have hints of blue throughout as if he had dyed his hair and the color hasn't yet washed out. He listens carefully as the headmaster give his speech but looks around at his fellow students during making eye contact accompanied by a nod and a smile in greeting.

When the speech is over Sam makes his way around the new and old students intoducing himself. When he notices a small group near the center of the new students talking together and walks over. Hello, my name is Sam, its good to meet you all. Does anyone know what that bit about the try-outs was referring too? Is there a sign up sheet, or is it a walk-in sort of thing?

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-07, 09:19 PM
"He said they weren't happening," Emily says, rolling her eyes as she does so, "I think the closest thing to 'tryouts' this early in the year will be a class to get used to and gauge our powers. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it, my powers are always underestimated, it's annoying how much they do, but i'd probably be dead if they didn't."

betafin
2012-06-07, 09:43 PM
Arc pauses before he answers the not-suit girl, and then waits for her to finish answering the new arrival's question.

"Yes." He then looks at the new faded-blue streaked guy. "That was an unofficial endorsement. Off the records."

Mekboy
2012-06-08, 06:07 AM
Avari feels relieved at the lack of response to her origins. They do not even care! This is a far than was expected - no-one even mentioned the blue skin! Maybe I will fit in here.

As some more newcomers join the group, Avari greets them.
"Hello, fellow students." Turning to Arc, she asks "What should we call you?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-08, 10:46 AM
"Emily Creed, or Drift when I'm in costume," Emily says, then she asks, "so, what planet are you from? My father was from one of Jupiter's moons."

Buwh
2012-06-08, 04:14 PM
"I don't even know what I am." Amy said, brushing a hand through her long black hair that seemed to shudder when she touched it. But seeing two aliens did make her feel a little better. "I've never seen aliens before." She said, her voice a little awed. "I'm s-sorry about earlier.. I didn't mean to offend any of you with my.. comments about not being human. It's very hard for me. I, well, only recently found out and it's been tough to cope with myself. I know that's probably stupid but I can't help it.."

"I'm very scared about.. trying out my powers but they said I needed to learn to control them." She looked up at that Emily girl curiously, "Why, what are your powers? I think mine are pretty silly too, I'd laugh if I didn't know better."

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-08, 04:48 PM
"I can produce something akin to latex from my skin as well as a lighter than air gas that's lighter than even Hydrogen. Pretty much i make balloons," she does what she did earlier, only this time the balloon is produced slowly from her hand, beads of red show first, followed by them merging into a second layer of skin almost, then it bubbles up into a balloon, "I can somewhat control the density of the gas while it's in the balloon, but otherwise i can just produce it. It's not all that hard to see why it's considered a 'weak' power, but I found ways to use it..." the balloon shrinks quickly, fitting in the palm of Emily's hand, and she tosses it up, letting it fall onto the ground with a loud thump, like it was made of metal with a thin layer of rubber coating it.

betafin
2012-06-08, 04:58 PM
Arc answers Avata... Apath... Avo...

Arc answers the blue girl's question, mentally searching if he has pen and paper on him so he can write that long name down if she says it again.

"Just 'Arc' will do." He hears about a 'costume name' and notes that he might need to come up with one.

Mekboy
2012-06-08, 05:26 PM
Surprised at the interest, rather than fear, Avari felt a little taken aback. "My home? It is a long way from here. Many systems at least. It is called Thas-il in our tongue - that means 'Mother Nurtures', I believe."

Rook.Gamer
2012-06-08, 09:28 PM
A little taken a back by the response, Sam quiets done for a moment until Arc speaks up, "Yes that's how I took it too. If he wasn't plugging it for everyone then he wouldn't have told us specifically the where and when" Sam smiles at everyone and begins listenting to their conversation and quickly becomes fascinated by the talk of alien worlds and the demonstration of powers. "Woah, that is so cool! I've never met so many incredible people. My family's pretty ordinary, mostly chemists . . . a couple of physicists. Nothing remotely otherworldly." Sam is clearly feeking out quite a bit about this whole school/superhero/new worlds thing, but he naturally radiates a strong likability so people tend to forgive his childlike eagerness.

betafin
2012-06-08, 09:43 PM
"Mhmm," Arc responds.

Buwh
2012-06-09, 11:44 AM
"Wow that's really cool!" Amy exclaims, watching Emily perform her act. "You must be a big hit at parties." She continues, stifling a giggle by covering her mouth. "I'm glad to meet so many nice and interesting people here on my first day, I was really worried things would go wrong. Still am." The girl with the hair mutters, while a piece of her namesake kind of lifts up and seems to take a look around.

Volthawk
2012-06-09, 12:23 PM
"Huh...the only extraordinary thing I have is this pocket dimension thing that I can take things in and out of."

As Amy's hair starts moving around, Alexander's attention is drawn to it, and he reaches out to the moving hair. "Your hair's moving? Is that your thing?"

Mekboy
2012-06-09, 02:16 PM
"Cool? I do not think I understand your use of the word correctly."

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-09, 02:30 PM
"It's a slang term," Emily says, "kinda hard to explain it since most people just use it without thinking about what it means," she scratches her head a little, thinking of how to explain it.

betafin
2012-06-09, 05:30 PM
"It means an upgraded form of 'very nice,'" Arc says without glancing over, eyes fixed on the hair. He very casually looks to the back of her head, checking for the presence of another face, coincidentally having a small familiarity with Japanese historical... oddities, due to a recent project.

He also reflects on how unfairly convenient some peoples' abilities are without them even trying. "Very... odd ability. Very useful." This is directed towards multiple people.

Buwh
2012-06-10, 11:53 AM
"What, you don't like balloons?" Amy questions, looking over at Avari with a quizzical expression before Arc and Emily made her confusion moot. "Ohh, you don't understand slang! I'm sorry, I don't even know how I know it because.." She continues before letting out a yelp of surprise as Alexander touches her hair.

"Don't touch my hair!" Amy exclaims, quickly moving a few steps away and trying to brush her hair back down. Touching it felt like real hair but also.. unusual, almost like a snake's many muscles. The mass of hair wiggles a bit before calming down leaving Amy blushing and humiliated. "I'm.. uh, sorry. Yeah, it's my 'thing' I guess. I just don't like people touching it.. haha.. I remember never liking anybody to touch even as a child which is weird.." She trailed off, still trying to cover her hair with her hands. "I'm sure it won't hurt you. It just worries me." The girl attempted to reassure.

Mekboy
2012-06-10, 02:22 PM
"I thank you, Arc. My knowledge of this language is a little restricted."

How very embarassing. I have not even finished one conversation, and inexperience shows.

Seeing Amy's hair twitch and settle, Avari is somewhat amazed.

"Your hairs are alive? Wondrous! Do you control them, or do they act independant to you?

Rook.Gamer
2012-06-10, 06:59 PM
At first Sam was watching Emily's demonstration but then he too becomes intrigued by Amy's hair and looks on eagerly for more discussion about it. What wonderous this all is. You all are truely . . . wonderful.

Buwh
2012-06-12, 11:48 AM
"Well.. I'm not exactly sure." She replied tentatively, feeling weird to be talking about her demon hair, a secret she'd kept since she found out a week ago. She may be human, but she had memories, and she knew that people would freak out. "You guys aren't scared or freaked out?" The girl asked, stroking one of her locks of hair.

"They do what I say.. when I want them to do something, but sometimes they just go ahead and act without me wanting them to." Amy said dourly.

Volthawk
2012-06-12, 11:51 AM
"Huh. Sorry, I'll keep the touching thing in mind from now on."

Hearing Amy's new question, Alexander laughs. "Yeah, I'm in the middle of a room full of superpowered people, having joined a larger school with more of the same, and your hair's going to scare me."

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-12, 11:55 AM
"Why would we be? Everyone here has powers they have, some stranger than the ones you can use, and some more terrifying," Emily says, then grins, "I have a friend that can actually mutate his body at will, it's rather disturbing to watch, trust me," she grins widely, "besides, I've been to a mutant circus before, someone had the same ability there, juggled knives with her hair while dancing, kinda hard to be afraid of that."

Buwh
2012-06-12, 01:29 PM
"Well, it can do some pretty weird things, but thanks you guys.." Amy said tensely, before actually relaxing a bit. It seems like her hair took the cue as well and relaxed a little itself, growing noticeably longer and no longer stopping at her shoulders. "That does sound pretty disturbing! And a whole mutant circus? Wow, you've got to take me sometime!" She gushed, getting closer to Emily, still tense but a little better about it. At least to this group of people.

Mekboy
2012-06-12, 01:47 PM
"I see no reason to be scared. After all, you have not shown any ill to us, and you control your power. And it is not that weird. It reminds me of a creature from home."

Pausing, Avari once more feels a little embarassed about her lack of knowledge of 'slang' - she had thought that she knew English well enough to hold a proper conversation without asking for clarifications. "Apologies, but what is the meaning of 'freaked out'?"

betafin
2012-06-12, 03:48 PM
"A combination of terrified and overwhelmed by the circumstances. Usually based in panic. Generally negative, but can be used lightly for positive connotations."

It takes Arc no real effort to respond, so he's taken the role of a living thesaurus in stride. In a personal show of restraint, he decides to hold back on commenting that there will probably be people here who decide some abilities are abominations. Cross that bridge when it comes.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-12, 06:37 PM
Your conversation is interupted by one of the teachers from before coming back into the courtroom, followed by all noise from the courtroom - talking, breathing, the rustling of the air - dying away save for his voice
"Salutations new students of Claremont, we are thankful of you for awaiting us patiently and peacefully whilst we prepared, and I do hope you have made the aquaintence of a number of likeminded youths to make your education at our institue enjoyable." The teacher stops talking to straighten a bright pink tie, as sound in the courtyard returns in a rush. "I'm Mr Simmons, and if I could ask you to follow me please, we'll begin the tour of the campus. We'll also be making a quick detour to the Gym for our faculty to test your current skills and abilities so we may ensure your curriculum is sutiable your aptitude and abilities. This tour is in no way a requirement, though I do advise anyone unfamiliar with the camput to come along lest you get lost. The campus can be a tad irratic to the uninitiaited."

Many of the other people in the courtroom begin to move as this Mr Simmons beckons, some saying goodbye to parent and some rushing off. One young boy dressed in obviously expensive attire barged through your group, smirking back before saying condisendingly "sorry, didn't see you there. Us real heroes can sometimes miss people."

At the end of the courtyard, near the gates out, you can see one girl being stopped by another member of staff. she seems distressed, but the person who stopped her seems intent to turn her away. you can just make out shouting.

betafin
2012-06-12, 07:11 PM
How many real heroes would say that? Arc thinks, but otherwise doesn't bother spending energy on the fool.

Instead, noticing the commotion, he quietly slips back and --coolly and casually-- makes his way close enough to find out what is going on. Curiosity is an annoying, compulsive thing, he reflects as he impulsively acts on it.

Glancing over to see how many other people even noticed it, he checks he direction the tour was indicated, as he hopes he can try to follow or trace them if he loses too much time. He is very interested in seeing the gym measure-ups, after all, even if he's not particularly looking forward to parading his techniques around.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-12, 08:58 PM
Emily makes a small sphere and flicks it under the kids foot in a way that's hard to notice, and then promptly walks over and says, "need some help up?" completely ignoring the fact that she had tripped him a moment ago. Regardless if he accepts her help or not, she grins and states, "Wait until demonstration before deciding who's a real hero or not, kay? May want to watch One Piece to see what I mean."

Mekboy
2012-06-13, 11:21 AM
Ignoring the shouts from the courtyard, Avari feels anger bubble up inside her. That arrogant... Does he not know who I am? Suddenly remembering that her status at home meant nothing here, and that getting into a fight here would hardly be the best way to fit in, she forces the anger back, and focusses on trying to stay with the group.

Volthawk
2012-06-13, 01:45 PM
"Hm?"

Alexanders attention is taken by the distressed girl, dismissing the kid with the ego - he'd met others like that before. He then begins to head directly over to the commotion, not making an effort to hide his interest in the situation.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-14, 12:15 PM
investigating the disturbance (feel free for anyone to read it, just split it up for onvinience :smallbiggrin:)

Alexander and Arc both hang back grom the group to investigate the girl. as you draw closer, you can better overhear their conversation
"...just because I don't have any powers I'm not allowed in? is that it? beause that is completly unfair and painfully elitist. I'm just as willing to help people, powers or no!"
" Mrs Ashcroft, as you were told before, you were not declined from clairemont due to a lack of superpowers, but due to the decision your talents ould be better applied at an educational institute foused more on th academic than the physical. We understand your desires but we also don't want to spoil your future by denying you a chance to excell."
"That's utter nonsense and we both know it" the girl replied again "but fine. I hope you enjoy wallowing in your hipocray." she turns and begins walking away, however after a few steps and when the porters attention is off of her, she turns back to the gate again and with a quick run up flips over the porter, making a break for the campus and the group of students begining to take the tour. "but I'm going to prove you don't need superpowers to be a superhero"

the porter looks confused for a moment, before sighing and returning to his post.

in the tour
The kid trips on Emily's sphere, falling to the ground below with a heavy thud, muh louder than someone his size should have made. as he pulled himself up, you can see cracks around the floor. "Yeah, lets." he replies, a frown on his face.

Flowing through the front door of the campus building, your group finds themselves in a grand hall that seems to strech a greater distance than should be possible given the size of the building outside. The inside is lavishly decorated.
"Now, this is the foyer of our campus. from here you should - if everythings working correctly, which I unfortunatky cannot assure you it always will be - you should be able to find your way to any room or facility you need during your stay here.
Now, can anyone tell me what there is that is unusual about this room?"

When Simmons finished his question, you can hear the door behind you open once more, and another person enter.

Volthawk
2012-06-14, 12:28 PM
"Huh."

Alexander sees the girl run, and as he passes her turns to follow, speeding up himself to join her as he reaches the other group.

betafin
2012-06-14, 01:18 PM
Arc grins inwardly (these situations are always interesting) but is already more or less on her side, as it is her choice in the matter, regardless of her survivability. He mentally notes her down for future reference in seeing how this plays out, and briefly wonders if magic would be useful to that type. It's one of those things anyone can figure out, or at least use, with enough work and effort, right?

Then, walking down the side of the path, he heads back to the tour (following the heat of the tourists if needed) and patiently waits for a good opportunity to slip back into the group as though he had been there the whole time. No need to cause needless attention, after all.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-14, 02:35 PM
"...you're one of those dense heroes then, makes sense I guess," Emily says, then grins, "I knew a guy with the same ability, kicked his ass every time. Though he wasn't very smart so you may be a challenge to beat, if I could even can do so. You just made my day." she continues with a laugh.

Mekboy
2012-06-14, 05:05 PM
Despite not noticing the "hero"'s fall, Avari's anger dissipates as she follows the tour through into the foyer, replaced by amazement at the room's decoration. Stopping to take in the sumptuously ornamented room, she realized that she'd fallen behind the group a bit. Noticing Arc slip back into the group, she made her way over to him, wanting to at least stay near someone she knew. That and that his explanations of slang were a great help.

Buwh
2012-06-15, 12:25 PM
Amy doesn't much notice the commotion with the girl, but she does notice the pratfall some wanna-be punk takes courtesy of Emily. She subtlety gives the balloon-girl a high five as they continue along closer to the front of the group than some. "Wow, Emily, you seem really experienced.. I'm glad I met you, it'll probably make dealing with this whole thing a lot easier. You know, I was terrified because I was brought in by the police.." She involuntarily gave out one of those nervous giggles while her cheeks turned red, embarrassed at her story of the police and mugger while they walked. Luckily, right now she seemed not to be resisting acting like Amy.

She whistled her approval at the size of the building while looking a little confused. "Huh, sure is bigger than my old school." Amy mumbled, but then looked down sadly feeling a weight on her once more. "If I actually ever had an old school.." She continued to mumble merely to herself, and those around her that cared to hear.

"It's.. bigger than it logically could be?" The girl asked tentatively while her hand was raised, still embarrassed to be speaking out loud. It was just an instinct to raise your hand when some kind of teacher asks a question. Programmed into her? She didn't know.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-15, 02:30 PM
"Yea, probably more so than most people here," Emily says, a slightly distant look on her face, "used to hang around with a lot of metahumans, half-breeds, magicians, and the like, I know quite a bit about powers and how to counter them, though I can't really counter everything I do know how to fight against strength based fighters like him," she looks at Amy, "I know a bit about your kind of power too, had a rival with the same thing, though honestly I liked Roach more, less of a sore loser. Can't really give you any pointers since i don't have the same ability, but i can give suggestions on how to use it to your advantage."

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-18, 08:26 AM
"very good, Mrs Anderson. Yes, this chamber is, in fact, encompased in its own self-absored dimension, linked to our own. This is one of the campus' security measures, as if anyone tries to enter without a student card or a member of facuilty - excluding today, where our security measures have been disabled, of course - they will instead find themselves within the pre-refurbishment building."

"Now, if you follow me, we will move onto the Campus' recreational and living area, unless anyone else has any questions?"

betafin
2012-06-18, 06:01 PM
Arc stays silent. Sure, it's impressive, but he'll probably end up seeing and learning about it a lot more over time, so no need to rush everything. He makes a mental note to look for a book on psychological imprinting.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-18, 06:15 PM
"Portal's pocket dimension was bigger, an entire city he built himself as a hobby," Emily comments, "rather impressive still, pocket dimensions are notoriously hard to keep up unless you can use them naturally, magic and tech ones are esspecially difficult, and dangerous if the generator is damaged, the dimension collapses and everything inside is either wiped from existance or expelled explosively unless contingencies are in place."

Mekboy
2012-06-19, 12:35 PM
Frowning slightly, Avari turns to Arc - he seemed to know about this sort of thing. "Our scholars had theorised such a thing was possible for a long time, but never managed to create a functioning example. I did not know that humanity had such technology."

Volthawk
2012-06-19, 02:37 PM
Alexander raises a hand. "Is it dangerous to access a pocket dimension in this larger pocket? Graven's stored in a pocket dimension and it's kinda useful to know if me bringing him out in here for whatever reason will or won't make everything blow up."

betafin
2012-06-19, 03:25 PM
Arc shrugs, "Always a bigger fish." It makes sense to him. He pays attention to the answer to the guys' question -- knowing if a dimension within a dimension will collapse seems like potentially useful knowledge.

Mekboy
2012-06-19, 03:57 PM
Avari smiles. "Truly wondrous." She'd heard that expression before.

Buwh
2012-06-21, 12:49 PM
"Wow. You really do know everything, Emily!" Amy gushes, grabbing onto her arm for comfort. "Sure, that'd be great! I'd hate for my hair to go out of control.. hehe, how often do you hear that one?" She continued, giggling slightly at her lame joke. Her cheeks tinted as well soon after when the teacher complimented her answer. The hair girl stayed by her new friend's side generally when it was time to move on, only occasionally leaning over to whisper something to her.

"Hey, I don't know if we get to pick but can you room with me, Emily? Pretty please?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-21, 01:48 PM
"Not everything, I just know a lot of metahumans, you pick up stuff about various powers that way," Emily says, blushing a little at the compliment.

"I'd like that," she says at the roommate offer.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-23, 02:32 PM
"Worry not, for it is within the bounds of acceptable reality for one to open a dimension within a dimension within a dimension, and so on and so forth ad infinitum."

"Now, my young prodigies of the super-heroic systems, I am adivsed to give you the choice at this opportunity; those of you whom choose to follow through this tour of our facilities throughout the entire structure are to stay with me. Those of you who feel that you would rather, as it where, explore on your own. are advised to pick a door. And of course, there is that simple test mentioned before..." The teacher gestrues to one of the smaller doors in the right of thehall with the words 'gymnasium' engraved upon it. Besdies that there is another door to the right of the room, two to the left and a n expansive double door system up a flight of stars before you. Each door is inscribed with a placue of some kind above it.

From where you are, you can see the self-declared hero from before whead straight for the gymnasium, along with a number of other students. The girl from the gates is amongst them as well.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-23, 03:16 PM
"I'm gonna head to the Gym then, wanna see what everyone can do."

Volthawk
2012-06-23, 03:21 PM
Alexander heads to the gymnasium as well. He was curious about how competent the girl from the gates really was.

betafin
2012-06-23, 08:21 PM
"Would you mind recording them?" Arc asks in general, figuring at least one or more of them have a method of audio/video recording everyone. He gestures towards the guided tour option, clearly intending to go along with the official tour and see where it takes him. May as well go for both options. Plenty of time to see new things, but you can only make a lack of a first impression once.

Mekboy
2012-06-25, 01:49 PM
Avari moves to follow Emily. "I will come too. Even just the few of you are amazing - I would very much like to see more."

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-28, 12:41 PM
Gym group

Heading thrugh the doorway marked gymnasium, you step out from the lavishly decorated central hall to a large indoor building. a very, very large indoor buildings; you can only tell it's a building from the roof above. Around you pool more and more students, and you notice a group from before that wasn't part of your tour. eventually, the room seems to be full, and the door you entered closes and seems to vanish into the whiteness of the wall.
"Hello everybody, and welcome to the Clairemont Academy gym. My name is Coach Samson, head of Physical Education here at the academy" announces a booming voice from behind as a new door opens, different from the one you entered. The owner of the voice soon steps out afterwards "If you're here that means you want to show off your powers, correct? excelent, I like a student with that sort of attittude. after all, if you have it, flaunt it!"
Looking at him as he enters, the coach definatly follows his own philosophy; the man stands near 12 feet tall, muscle rippling under literally-golden skin. from atop his head, at odds with the testosterone poisining the rest of his apperance promises, iflows long, perfectly straight waist length hair.
Following the coach are two more members of staff; one blonde woman dressed in a labcoat, and a brunette in a form-fitting track suit "The two ladies with me are Mrs Laurence, the woman in charge of power applicaion and tactics courses, and my fellow coach, Miss Reynolds. They'll be helping out in testing what you can do, and trying to make you comfortable. Oh, and before I forget, if anyone wants to laugh about the hair, please do so now and not later"
Samson steps aside, taking a seat in a folding chair a distance from the group along with coach Reynolds. As Samson moves away, you notice the golden glow dim and his size recede until the man sitting in the chair is one you would still notice on the street, but not aparantly super-human.
"Hello students. I'll keep this brief." said the teacher in the lab coat, pulling out a clib-board from seemingly out of the air. "Based upon the information we have on you we have prepared a number of simple tests so we can get more in depth information about your capabilities and abilities. afterwards, we will be putting you into a mock combat situation to see how you act under pressure. When I call your name, step forwards. First up..."

OOC: please roll a d20 - it will determine your test/event, unless there's something you particularly want to do to show off, in which case bring it up :smallsmile:

Non-Gym group (possibly just beta - those of you who didn't decide before choose if/when you reply - and possibly header your reply with the choice for my benefit)

Following Mr Simmons, you are led through the door marked dormitaries, and step from the pre-industrial styling of the grand hall to a much more mdernized corridor, lined with windows; each window somehow overlooking a different city
"This corridor leads to both the rec room, and of course to the sleeping arangements. Our moddeler - and a teacher here, in case your wondering, a most charming woman by the name of Mrs Elayne Laurence - has a flair for travel, so I have to warn you; Those windows don't just recreate the view - they do indeed overlook it, and as such climbing out of one or two of them will garner several mile drops, and you being stranded in a different nation."
Continuing the tour, you spend several minutes in the aforementioned recreational room - a large circular room filled with a number of televisions, sofas, two pool tables and more interdimensional windows - and then to the canteen, a room after the fashion of the Rec room
"We try our best to provide the finest cuisine for you we can but a word of warning; this remains a school, and that fact does occassionally seep into the food. Also, our main chef Pierre has a habit to experiment..."
As you near the dormatiries themselves, your tourguide stops the progress outside of an open door in a corridor; inside is what looks to be a store-room, though its in dssaray.
"Excuse me, students, but please can you confirm for me; is this door in fact open, and the contents spilled across the floor? because if my eyes do not decieve me... oh dear.

EdroGrimshell
2012-06-28, 01:02 PM
"I thought it'd just be a demonstration of exactly what we can do with our powers, not a test of specific applications," Emily comments, waiting to see the density kid's abilities and waiting for her turn to 'show off'. She wouldn't show everything, esspecially not her static cannon, that was a trump card only to be used when all else fails.

betafin
2012-06-29, 04:20 AM
(Putting it in spoilers, just in case, since I'm the lone person in a different area)

Arc, wondering why Mr. Simmons is asking this question, speculates that the question might have been asked because... there was more to it? Or not? With a lack of any other means of detection, he simply looks harder at the door and the mess to see if there's anything unusual and offhandedly senses for magical energy, just in case.

He hears no replies, the few people still there are probably looking for something abnormal to be worried about, and Mr. Simmons is quietly waiting for an answer. For the sake of progressing the situation, Arc speaks up. ".......Yes. It is, and they are."

Buwh
2012-07-02, 12:22 PM
Amy of course followed after Emily to the gym mainly because.. well, you had to see what your friends were capable of, right? It was great that she'd be rooming with the one, ah, friend she'd made so far even if all of the people she met here were nice. They made her feel normal and at ease, more like the girl she knew she wasn't than the monster she knew inhabited this Amy body.

"Wow, this is gonna be cool.. are you gonna go first and show us how it's done, Emily?" Amy asks with a giggle, just leaning over to whisper to her while watching the proceedings. Truth be told she would have been terrified to use her powers in a setting like this but today it was more like fifty-fifty, and she was here to impress.

EdroGrimshell
2012-07-02, 12:59 PM
"I'd prefer somewhere in the middle, to be honest," Emily says, "most people with powers tend to be rather straightforward with them unless they have no direct application, like mine. Some powers you just have to think of things differently and find out which way is best to use them, which are often rather unexpected," she gives a nervous smile and blushes a little, "I actually get a lot of ideas from watching anime, they have a few characters that have fairly 'weak' powers but use them in ways that make them a lot stronger. It's how i got some ideas for a few of my power applications." at this point she pulls a hollow copper rod from her pocket, "this being the main one, it's a bit of a trump card actually."

Mekboy
2012-07-02, 01:39 PM
"Combat? At last! It has been a long time since I have practiced my combat skills." Avari whispered, before falling suddenly falling silent.

"Apologies for asking, but what is 'Anime'? Some sort of combat training? If so, I would greatly like to see some - I am told you learn a lot about a culture from its tactics."

Volthawk
2012-07-02, 01:46 PM
Alexander grins when Emily mentions anime. "Heh. Let's just say I get a bit more of a direct inspiration when it comes to using my strengths from anime."

EdroGrimshell
2012-07-02, 02:06 PM
"It's a form of entertainment, actually, it's short for animation and refers to Japanese shows mostly," Emily explains, "though anything using the anime style is considered an anime by most people, there are a few that will only refer to Japanese anime as such. They're called Otaku, which means Obsessed in Japanese. I'll have to show you one sometime, I'm sure there are a few you'd like, One Piece maybe... or Lucky Star if you'd prefer something more mundane."

Then she snorts lightly, obviously she just remembered something, "actually, i could just introduce you to one of my friends, for him, watching anime is training, he can mimic the abilities of anime characters pretty much at will. And he is an Otaku, in the truest sense of the word, and proud of it."

Mekboy
2012-07-02, 03:32 PM
Avari grins wildly. "I cannot say I really understand, but iI would very much like to see. I think you mentioned the One Piece earlier."

Buwh
2012-07-03, 03:39 PM
"Wow, you've really thought about this.. I feel like such a newbie about it." Amy replied, staring down at the copper rod. "Maybe you could show me your 'trump card' sometime? I'd love to see what you can do." She continued, twisting some of her hair around a finger absently. It seemed more like normal hair now, but looks could be deceiving.

"Oh yeah, I love watching anime, Avari! Or well.. I think I did. We should check some out, seriously, it's like.." Amy included herself in the conversation, leaning over to speak to their small group in it's entirety. She hoped she was pronouncing Avari's name entirely correct, although she did stress the 'ave'. "..Um, It's like, BAM, ZOW, pretty people and exotic locations! Now that I think about it.. people being transported across dimensions and being a total fish out of water might appeal to you for some reason."

Mekboy
2012-07-04, 12:56 PM
Feeling a somewhat purplexed "Apologies, but it is pronounced Av-ar-ee. And... er... bam? Zow?"

BlackestOfMages
2012-07-06, 02:09 PM
@ Beta (and anyone else who wants to read it):
"Oh dead. oh dear, oh dear, oh dear." the instructor says to himself, stepping into the room to have a look around. Looking yourself, you notice something amiss, not in the pile of stuff on the floor, but an empty place on one of the otherwise-crowded shelves, the spot free of dust.

Gym Group

Mrs Laurance began calling out names from her clipboard, and you see the other members of the crowd slowly move off to their events. From where you are, you see the self-declared "hero" from before stood on a pad, heavy wights slowly being lowered for him to lift, and the gir from the gates on some sort of agility course

then comes your turn.

@ Emily: "Mrs Creed. You're on the pursuit course." the woman in the labcoat claps her hand, and the area around you shifts to look a little like the streets you used to live on, filled with a number of faceless moving dummys, each one with a different number on its face. Most of them are simply miling around, but one seems to be intentionally keeping its distance from you. "you have one minute to determine which of these dummies is your "target" - by whatever means you deem neccecary -and to immobilize it."

@ Amy: "Mrs Anderson, you're on the infiltration course." the woman said, this time clapping her hands and the area around you shifts to look simmilar to a corridor, with searchlights moving across the walls. at the far end is a glowing object - covered by a clear glass barrier "all you need to do is get that object without alerting 'security'.

@ Avari: "Miss Avari, you're on the flight agility course." like with the others, the area around you shimmers, this time to resemble a chasm, with a very noticible artificial wind. before you are four platofrms, each with another one hovering above, slamming down at regular intervals "your test is a simple one, to test your speed and reflex. just fly over each platofrm without getting crushed. use whatever methods you feel comfortable with" (reflex save to try and fly through the platofrm without getting crushed if you try to fly)

@ Alexander: "A pilot, intresting... your on the force test." theteacher once more claps her hands, and before you forms a large block of some whiteish material you don't recognize "break this."

OOC: these tests, and your sucess at them, won't have that much of an effect on the storyline but you will get presents if you can ace them (but don't worry if you don't - and spending extreme amoints of extra effort/hero points might not be advisable :smallbiggrin:)

combat tests will come after these

Volthawk
2012-07-07, 05:26 PM
"I see. Should be simple enough."

Alexander makes a movement as if to sit down and Graven, appears around him, his movement finishing with him sitting in the pilot's seat and after a few seconds gets into full power, standing and heading over to the block. Alexander then thinks for a few moments in the pilot's seat, before deciding to just go for it. Graven raises an arm, which then begins to change, parts extending out and sliding away, replacing the hand and lower arm with an array of cannons which then spin up and fire, unleashing a barrage of high-power lasers, carefully aimed to focus on spots that Graven's sensors may have picked out as being vulnerable, exploiting any cracks the sensors pick up.

Mekboy
2012-07-07, 07:01 PM
As her turn comes, Avari takes a deep breath and lifts into the air. "I suppose this will have to wait." Floating through the artificial wind, she does a couple of loops to build up speed before using the wind to boost her through the first pair of platforms.

Reflex:[roll0]

If it helps I have evasion, uncanny dodge and can fly at 250mph.

EdroGrimshell
2012-07-07, 09:40 PM
Emily raises an eyebrow, this seemed too easy, the one keeping its distance was the most obvious choice, but she had no indication other than that one, so she did what she could. She dashed down an alley and created a few balloon stairs to get to the roof before taking a survey of the area from the top.

Buwh
2012-07-08, 12:07 PM
Amy brushed her hair back and took a hard look at the course before her. "Um.. I'm not really that.. proficient.. with my powers.." She mumbled to the teacher, but probably not loud enough for her to hear. The young girl just hoped that the search lights didn't trigger any sort of security systerm, and although she was terrified to trust in her abilities she closed her eyes and let herself imagine doing the run.

Unconsciously, her hair extended from her head like tentacles, six long strands growing long enough and thick enough to lift the rest of her body off the ground and suspend her by hair. Almost like the tentacles of an octopus her strands of hair seemed to have their own mind and very quickly scurried over to the wall to latch on, using their great speed to walk down the wall, waiting and timing the lights to try and avoid them.

betafin
2012-07-08, 06:53 PM
"...something is gone." Arc simply points at the empty spot as Mr. Simmons walks around looking at the mess. The spot seemed too small to be the source of all the stuff that fell, so it seems more like something had been there that was taken.