PDA

View Full Version : Anima: NvNiJaPoV IC

littlebottom
2012-06-06, 06:31 PM
The sun set not 15 minutes ago, the sky is clear with just a blue tinge to the west. The moon and the stars shine brightly down on the streets of Wilkend, (a city of around 9000 inhabitents in the principality of Togarini) a city which looks very different now than it did only 4 months ago.

You peer restlessly through the window of the Samael safehouse, positioned on the quieter eastern side of town. Outside of the window all that is to be seen is that of a sleeping industrial city far to the west, and between the safehouse and the main part of the city, is what could be accurately described as a crater, not all too deep, but over 300 meters in diameter. Within this crater there are the remains of houses and shops, now mostly just rubble. The word on the street is that some kind of explosive powder was in a high concentration underground and somehow blew up unexpectedly, this is reinforced by the word of the church. The word in the safehouse is that there was a fight here, a big fight, a supernatural fight, and that most of the city shows some kind of damages from it, the crater is just the most obvious of it.

Reliable sources from some contacts in Samael mentioned that you should go to the safehouse, and someone will meet you there at midnight, the time is only around 9PM and for some reason your not the only one here as you expected yourself to be. Theres obviously the guy who keeps the safehouse in shape when not in use and enforces correct use of password entries, nice enough man from what you can tell, although his eyes remind you of that of a lizard. but the others, you were not informed that others would be waiting for this midnight contact.

for one reason or another, you decided to come to the safehouse tonight on the word of your local Samael contact, whether you yourself are part of the Samael because of supernatural reasons or you are a sympathiser with those who society shuns just because of their supernatural powers or origins, you are here, and have 3 hours to kill.

The interior of the safehouse itself isnt too flashy, simple wooden tables and chairs, a shoddy splintering bar also exists and doubles up as a reception table since sliv, the lizard-like eyed fellow, can not be in two places at once, there is also a basement that contains foods and drink, enough to last a large group of people a month or two, and some other basic supplies. Upstairs can be found 2 individual rooms with beds and lockable doors, and one large hall that extends the rest of the length of the building with rows of beds.

As the sun has set, and the sky is clear, Sliv decides to get the fire going to keep the place warm, and offering an atmospheric lighting to the room, flickering occasionally.

Right, I want you to describe your characters appearance as fully as you can, so that everyone can get an understanding of what each other are like, and if you would like to fill in why you decided to come, feel at liberty to make up a few NPCs and how it happened, since it would of been different for all of you anyway.

Basically the rules are generally going to go like this; This is mainly about roleplay, so im giving you the power to make things up and past happenings about your character, where and how and who with and other such things you are allowed to make up without GM permission the more detailed the better, so dont be afraid to make a little stuff up to flesh out your character like that. although, always remember, you are not allowed to assume what other players are doing or have done, that is up to them, if i feel it apropriate, i may make something up that they are doing or have done to help move the game along, but i will try to keep it to a minimum. Ultimately have fun, and get chatty:smallwink:

Also, you do not know any high ups in Samael, infact you so far have only come into contact with a few lowly members, whom themselves have mostly no idea of those in positions of power within the Samael, but they (and possibly you) use their services, like places to hide, and getting you into contact with people of power in local towns and cities who sympathise with the Samael and will often help you cover your tracks and such, but beyond that, you have no real idea of the purpose of Samael, who is in charge, how it even works other than the basic services it has provided you or you have heard it provide. Information about Samael is well hidden because they have learnt to hide it well.

oh and your backstories and such and anything to do with your past you make up in game i may well use in the future. remember that.

Selinia
2012-06-06, 08:24 PM
At a table in a well-lit corner of the room, there sat a girl.

To a casual observer, she might have seemed out of place here, in a safehouse for monsters. She was, after all, quite distinctly human in appearance. A shock of short, black hair hangs around her head, with four, thin braids lying across her torso - two in front and two in back, each reaching nearly to her waist. A well-traveled individual might have recognized the traditional cut of a Miko, particularly in conjunction with the slight built and tanned complexion of a daughter of Lannet.

The girl's attire, however, could not have been further from the modest gown of a shrine maiden. Aside from a cotton sarashi wrapped snugly around her chest, her upper torso was entirely unclothed. A thin summer skirt sits lightly around her hips, extending down to just above her knees. The girl's feet were entirely bare... but lacked the callouses of one for whom such was a regular occurrence.

Indeed, there was an almost uncanny cleanliness to her body, exposed as it was. Not a fleck of dirt around her ankles, or a single scar on her toned limbs. Her skin was as smooth and unblemished as that of a princess who had never so much as walked down a hall without the benefit of silk slippers and a servant to light the way. She was beautiful, yes, but it was the beauty of a statue - lovely to behold, but unsettling in the perfection of her form.

Chiyoko hated the body. It wasn't hers. But it was all she had.

It hadn't always been like this. By the spirits, mere months ago, this entire scenario would have seemed to be some feverish, terrible dream. She hadn't had any worries beyond who the high priestess would choose to lead the next festival ceremony, or whether her brothers would be able to harvest enough rice to have a comfortable winter. She had prayed to the spirits for peace and prosperity, and by all accounts, they seemed to answer year after year.

She would give anything to go back to that, she thought. To go back to before the coming of the Man in Red.

Their village was small. Tiny. One of countless communities nestled deep in the mountains. They had never had a visitor from the West - the only ones who ever made the journey to such an isolated spot were warrior monks, come to pay tribute to the Dragon Maiden's shrine. The Man in Red was the first. He was met with curiosity. He responded with demands.

He demanded that the village abandon the shrine, but none obeyed. The high priestess matched his glare, warning him to leave before he incurred the wrath of the spirits. The man flew into a rage, then, spitting and cursing. "Heretic!", he cried, "Blasphemer! Witch!" He reached for his sword. Chiyoko would never forget what happened next.

With a single swing of his blade, the warriors of the village were slain. Their last moments were agonizing, choking on the smoke from their own charred flesh. A second swing, and the villagers - innocent men and women - were ravaged by an equally terrible blast. The third swing was directed at the shrine. Chiyoko knew she should have died then. But the spirits, for reasons she did not comprehend, would not allow it. So she lay, broken and burnt beneath the rubble of her home.

She watched the Man in Red tear away the green earth of the barrow atop which the shrine sat. Saw him drag forth a monstrous skeleton. Saw him leave it where it lay, bounding away over the mountains as if they were naught but a low fence. Chiyoko did not remember how long she lay dying, fading in and out of darkness. All she remembers is awakening from it. Awakening in a place farm from her home, in a body that was not her own.

In a body that was not human.

Scales ran across her torso. Horns sprouted from her head. A nearby mountain stream showed eyes of gold, and hair of bloody crimson. Looking in the gentle mountain stream was like looking into an old legend. Like seeing the Dragon Maiden, fresh and flush from the goblet of blood that had granted her the strength needed to fight the wyrm plaguing her home. Chiyoko had thought to die. But the spirits had given her a sign. They would not allow her to fade. She would carry out their vengeance.

She learned to cloak herself in human guise. She learned how to call on the spirits of the world to bring ruin to her foes, or succor to the needy. She learned names for those she hunted - the Inquisition. The Church. She learned of cities and the West and the world beyond the mountains. But she could not find the Man in Red, and a return to her home found only an empty crater where once had rested the skeleton of one of the most ancient and terrible dragons to ever scour Gaia.

She grew frustrated and angry, and this is how she was found by Samael. She had stood above an abbey, fists full of lighting and heart of of rage. Had the Sylvain who stopped her been a mere heartbeat slower, she would have poured out all her fury, butchering the hundred-odd monks and nuns who made their home in the simple stone edifice.

Samael calmed her. They showed her that she was not alone, and that there were others who opposed the Inquisition and its crimes. So now she waited, helping her new allies in turn.

Chiyoko shakes her head, hair whipping about with the vigorous motion. She needed to stop getting lost in memory. Tomorrow and yesterday would be what they would be as the spirits willed, and no different.

All that mattered now was tonight.

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-07, 02:58 AM
Yunan moves to sit huddled by the fire the moment it is lit. She, too, doesn't display any outward signs of inhumanity, though she certainly does display a few signs of oddity.
Her dark red hair is cut short and neat, only a few centimeters longer than a military cut, over which she wears a soft green hat with a white floppy brim. Her outfit, in a similar color combination, is clearly meant for winter, consisting of a tightly wrapped scarf, a coat that completely covers all traces of her shirt, and thick pants, with an extra layer of fabric wrapped around the left side of her waist. The skin of hers that is visible - that of her face and fingers - has the pale tone typical of the Norne, even if she seems a lot less used to the cold than she should be.
She keeps both of her weapons strapped to her person - a rather ordinary sword, and a bow with a particularly noticable recurve. All her other possesions have been left in a smallish sized bag by the door.
To those who know how to look, she gives off a mostly human aura, though with a noticably chilly series of 'veins' running through it. Likewise, she takes note of any particularly interesting auras that she manages to pick up on - of course there has been quite a lot of those since she began to associate with this orginization of nonhumans.

Yunan is a hunter by trade. She knows how to wait, motionlessly, with infinite patience. This doesn't mean she enjoys doing it, though, so she turns to strike up a conversation with the being sitting nearest to her. "So, are you here for the midnight request too?"

Selinia
2012-06-07, 10:17 AM
Chiyoko's aura is a rich, earthy blue-green. It's very strong, if unharnessed, but it has an oddly mottled nature, like it had been stitched together out of many scattered pieces. Whatever it was, it showed almost no signs of being human, despite its owner's appearance.

That owner seemed shaken from some sort of reverie by Yunan's address, sliding out of her seat to approach the fire. She stops a few feet to the side of the hunter, though she makes no move to seat herself again.

Chiyoko states, with a rather strong eastern accent, "It would look that way. A... fliend, I guess you could say, pointed me here. Er, Friend, dammit, you know what I mean." She glances at Yunan's attire, and tilts her head curiously.

"You all right there? This dumb outfit Pent stuck me in might as well be skin for all the warmth it gives, but you're the one shivering. If you're sick, I might be able to help."

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-07, 07:51 PM
Yunan gives of a small chuckle, being used to this kind of attention, before giving her reply.
"No need to worry, it's just my nature...call is the reason I am allowed to be here. Might want to talk more if you are or know a spiritual expert, but that can wait til after the job.
If you're short on clothes, though, I always carry spares."

Selinia
2012-06-07, 09:22 PM
Chiyoko's head tilts to the side, her eyebrows raised. "Huh. Well, I know a bit about the spirits. The kami know more, and they might let me ask them about it. Let's have that talk sometime."

Plopping down unceremoniously next to Yunan, Chiyoko unscrews a small canteen and dumps it into her palm. Rather than splashing down onto the floor, it collects steadily in her open hand, forming a globe about twice the size of a clenched fist. Shooting another grin to the hunter, she proffers the sphere.

Cheerfully, she states,"Still, try this for now. Just spread it around a bit, it should keep you warmer than just about anything. It's uh, just water, so don't worry about that. That's my thing, sorta. Although it'll cool off fast if you get too far away from me."

Should Yunan take her up on the offer, she will find that the sphere does indeed seem to to be made of comfortably hot water, though with an oddly malleable consistency - much like dough, but smoother.

"Also, heh, I'm fine on clothes. Just complaining. This is actually a pretty good disguise - it's amazing what people miss when you give them something else to look at."

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-10, 02:33 PM
Yunan chuckles as she wraps the water around her hands. "Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that working." She pauses a bit to think before speaking again. "I wonder what kind of task they're gathering us for, though. These guys are usually quite careful about me meeting too many of them..."

littlebottom
2012-06-11, 05:20 PM
A while later after some idle chitter chatter, the clocks have found themselves moving forward to quarter to midnight. The time is soon.

Anticipation rises as the clock gets closer and closer to midnight. 8 minutes to go. 4 minutes to go. 1 minute to go. 2 minutes ago. 5 minutes ago. 10 minutes ago. He is late.

Sliv noticing the time announces to the room in general "He does this all the time, "BE THERE BY THEN AND NO LATER!" and he always comes late himself. Typical. I wouldn't worry though, he always shows up... eventually. A round on the house if you like." He offers everybody a free drink to help while away the time while you wait.

i want those making sheets to have a chance to get into the game before he turns up.

Selinia
2012-06-12, 01:17 AM
Chiyoko accepts a mug of water... but proceeds to idly play with it, sending droplets dancing across her fingers and through the air, rather than actually drink any of the substance.

"Actually... Sliv, was it? Do you happen to have any white rice? If Kuru is actually showing up, she'll probably be starving by this time of night. Might be nice to have some on hand."

The oddly-dressed shrine maiden stretches back in her seat, not seeming to mind the wait.

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-12, 06:53 AM
"You got a friend coming along for this? Hope she's good companionship."
Yukiko stands and stretches out, several of her bones cracking in protest as she does so, before returning to her seat.
"Not that you're not, but I feel like this job will keep us together for a while, so it's best if none of us are the sort to rub the others up the wrong way."

littlebottom
2012-06-12, 05:59 PM
Its at that moment that there is a knock on the door. Sliv hurries over and asks for the password. After a moment, you assume he heard what he needed to hear as the door is unbolted and opened to reveal Kuruppe.

Sliv pokes his head out of the door looking around for anybody else, when no one is around, he hurries Kuruppe into the building and shuts the door behind them. "Can i get you a drink?" He asks dutifully.

Kasanip
2012-06-13, 04:17 AM
The character who can be seen is Kuruppe, a short human girl with white hair and green eyes. The expression of such a face is pitiful and hungry, with a look of determination and hope, she grabs the edge of Silv's clothes. Probably it is a strong grip, but at such a pitiful state, to be holding herself up, and apparently to not weigh very much for a short young woman. Perhaps it is just inconvenience for Silv.

"Food! Rice. Water... Thou shalt give me such a meal, please!"
The white hair of the girl seems to be straight and cared for, but it must be wild, so that two active tufts seem like wolf ears, but also to ruin such a careful appearance. In such a tension-down form, they add to a pitiful hungry appearance.

Silv is released, and Kuruppe sits into the chair next to the other two, to change between shiver and holding a stomach with a painful expression.

"Shrine maiden Chiyoko, thou told me directions, but to find such a place like this with only the strange marked paper thou gave to me... Were thou making a joke of me?" The complaints of a certain wolf diety (or human now?) continued.
"I gave up with thine [incomprehensible] paper, and followed thy scent. But who could know humans cannot smell with skill? It took many hours. Many. Hours." Kuru made such an emphasis with a sullen expression.

To see such a character closely, it can be seen she has no shoes, and a shivering appearance is to be made though she wears red pants and a decorated shirt. Such a relaxing style of clothes has grass and some leaves, but otherwise a graceful and energetic appearance.

Of course to see an aura, it is a red color. To look at uncooperative hair tufts, to resemble wolf ears with such a glow. To see other glow of a faint wolf shape to surround her, but it is very weak and almost cannot be seen, even with such a powerful vision. But the human body seems a warm red aura. It is the feeling of a picture colored outside of lines, but it is being erased until only color remains inside of lines.

"Who art thou?" Kuruppe said, to look at Yunan curiously.

littlebottom
2012-06-13, 04:54 PM
Sliv nods at the request and scurries back behind the bar and gets to work. Before long he has a bowl of rice and some water and brings it over to Kuruppe. "Theres spare rice if you want more after that." He says and looks at the others at the table "That goes for you too."

A few moments later, Sliv notices the fire is getting low and what he can only see as a worried looking face on Yunan, and hurries off to get more wood ready from the basement, and returns with an armfull. He brings the fire back up to a nice roar before returning to the bar with a short yawn.

Xsesiv
2012-06-13, 07:49 PM
At this point, a young man comes down the stairs. Just a boy, really. He's beautiful to look at, but more pretty than he is handsome, with a rounded jaw, a button nose, longish fair hair and huge green eyes. The latter two are respectively tousled and clouded from sleep. He seems to have a fair bit of muscle, but he's very pallid about the face, as well as being small and slight for a male.

However, for people that can see in another spectrum, he looks more unusual, with an aura shimmering between grey and white. More interestingly, the colours from the auras of other people in the room seem to be getting sucked towards him slightly, and a dim stream of light the same colour as the aura in question shoots across the room and hits him in the eyes, pouring through them like a hole in a bucket.

I feel a bit nauseous, he thinks. I shouldn't have this little sleep. I should probably eat something.

He's only half-dressed, wearing brown trousers and a pair of boots he has clearly just pulled on, if their not being laced is any indication, but carrying a leather shirt in his hand. He scrubs at his face with it, trying to clear the cobwebs. "I nearly missed him. Thanks for shouting, Sliv, you woke me up in time," he says quietly as he does so, slightly muffled. "I'll have some of that rice, if you're still offering."

Blinking hard, he slips the shirt on and moves across the room to the fireplace table, pulling up a chair and sitting down on it cross-legged and shivering. "Why did it have to be midnight?" he asks the people sitting there in a quiet, though not unfriendly voice. "Hope you don't mind me sitting here. I'm constantly getting colds and things like that."

littlebottom
2012-06-13, 07:56 PM
Sliv brings over another bowl of rice, still hot. A glass of water comes along with it. "I'm getting worried, he's never normally quite this late..." Sliv returns to the bar, his eyes now half closed from a long tiring day.

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-13, 08:16 PM
In the bustle of Kuruppe's entrance, Yunan goes into an analytical mode for a few moments. The newcomer seems to have a rather archaic speech pattern, so she is certainly quite old. Quite probably has also lived an isolated life, which is also supported by her directness in speech. Has a rather animalistic aura, seems unfamiliar with the capacities of her form, probably a shapechanger of some variety. Overall strength seems low for her apparent age, though. Could just be someone capable of masking their presence, but she doesn't seem that good at hiding things, so...more likely heading towards the end of her life.

Of course, she's so busy analysing that she doesn't realize she's being addressed immediately(which also helps account for the worried appearance). "Oh, uh...I'm~" A brief pause as another person comes in. "I'm Yunan, a tracker and hunter. And you?"
She figures that it's likely to contain 'kuru,' but there's no harm in asking first.

Kasanip
2012-06-14, 08:30 AM
Kuruppe looks at Yunan, the curious look becomes sharp for a second, when it is mentioned 'hunter', but Kuruppe's attention focuses on rice as soon as it comes, and she begins to eat politely, but becomes more frantic after she starts to eat with a face of happiness.

"It is so very good!" She says between eating. To look at Yunan again with such a content "I am eating and it is delicious!" face, she makes a self-introduction.

"I am Kuruppe. I am certain thou has heard of me! Nice to meet thee." She looks, and notices that Yunan is also taller, and returns to eat her white rice. A complacent human wolf deity, eats enjoyably until the beautiful boy enters. She looks in surprise and turns to Chiyoko again.

"Shrine Maiden Chiyoko! Thou did not say this place also has men!" She said. Suddenly Kuruppe looked a little embarrassed. It can be seen she eats more politely now.

Selinia
2012-06-14, 09:27 AM
Chiyoko sighs, sliding along the wooden bench to take a seat beside the demihuman deity.

"Lady Kuruppe, this is a tavern. It is where most humans come to eat when they live in big cities, so you can find all sorts of people. Which includes lizards and young boys, apparently." She breaks into a grin and tosses one arm around the wolf-girl's shoulders.

"Basically, politeness doesn't matter here! One time, when I was... uh, picking up some ceremonial sake, I saw Lord Hachi get himself in a drinking contest with some farmer, and nobody even raised a fuss about it! I don't really think the writings say anything on it specifically, but I'm pretty sure that if a samurai is allowed to relax in a tavern, you are too."

Xsesiv
2012-06-14, 05:38 PM
Jousi, for that is the boy's name, dips his fingers into the cup of water and rubs it into his eyes. A couple of seconds later, he realises it's probably not a good idea when a discussion about politeness has just arisen. Slightly embarrassed, he lowers the glass and begins to eat the rice as inconspicuously as he can.

His eyes don't seem to have been brightened at all by the rinsing. He seems to be watching a screen inside his own head as he looks around the table. An odd mix of people.

His being-quiet thing stops fairly quickly, though. "Nobody knows where this guy is, by any chance? I can't help getting edgy. Call me Jousi, by the way, if we're all introducing ourselves."

Kasanip
2012-06-17, 12:22 AM
Kuruppe looked surprised and uncertain. If it wasn't for ability to see aura, she would look quite fidget and shy, to be held by Chiyoko.

"W-waa! S-shrine maiden Chiyoko, t-thou presence is too close!" Anyone can see such a childish reaction by the short girl is more an image of [awkwardness], to try to protect a certain bowl of treasured rice.
When such a bowl is safe, it seems Kuruppe doesn't mind the arm of Chiyoko. To finish and set the empty bowl safely on the table, Kuruppe sits earnestly with an [apprehensive] look.

" I, ah... If it is a relaxed atmosphere..." She looked sideways at Yunan and the boy.

I-I guess thou may call me Kuru." She bowed.

littlebottom
2012-06-17, 05:53 PM
Its at that moment that theres a loud THUD at the door. Sliv, who was almost asleep on the desk, jumped at the noise, then realising what it was, he rushes over and asks for the password. There is a breif moment of awkwardness as no reply came. eventually a voice, quiet and weak says what sounds like "Sliv, not now. Just open the door." Sliv doesnt hesitate, he knows that voice.

The door is flung open, as a figure who was clearly previously slumped against it, flops into the room onto the floor. Sliv quickly drags the man into the room, the wind and some small amount of rain finding its way into the room as he does so. The door is shut as soon as the man is inside. "Dagger, are you okay?!" Sliv asks in desperation

The man now known as Dagger lies limp on the floor, drifting in and out of consciousness. He seems relatively average in most aspects, except his face seems to be melting from the rain water. His leather armour sports gashes and damage all over under his cloak, sullied with blood. This man has recieved some serious wounds, but will likely survive should they be tended to properly. "Someone... in the... shadow. Jumped me... from behind. It could have... been inqui...sition... but i think... someone knew the infor...mation that... i had and wanted... to stop me telling... anyone." even as he speaks, blood still flows from his wounds. Sliv is already preparing bandages for the man. "Can it wait till you have healed?" Sliv asks "I'm not sure." Dagger replies. "Not if they... get to... him first." Sliv begins removing armour and bandaging Dagger, who passes out.

"He should be fine, his wounds dont seem lethal, he has just lost a lot of blood, he needs to rest. You are all welcome to sleep in an empty bed upstairs till he comes to if you like." Sliv manages to stay amazingly calm throughout all of this, like this isnt the first time someones come to the door half dead. "Can somebody help me carry him to a bed?"

Selinia
2012-06-18, 08:58 AM
Chiyoko bolts from her chair almost as soon as the door opens. She stays quiet for a few moments, letting Silv begin stripping away the wounded warrior's armor before stepping in.

"Time is... of the essence, correct?" The shrine maiden speak softly as she takes up a position beside the reptilian keeper of the safe-house. "I cannot carry such a large man, but I can buy us some time, I think."

Resting one hand on Dagger's shoulder, Chiyoko begins to speak again - slowly, this time, and to nobody visibly present.

"O spirits of the stalwart earth, of the gentle sea; rise up and lend your strength to one on the doorstep of Heaven."

A small pulse of golden energy engulfs the injured man with the completion of the short phrase... and some of his worst injuries stitch themselves back together on the spot.

"There," Once again, she addresses Silv, "I do not wish to rouse an injured man from his rest, but it would be worse to let his injuries be in vain. It should be safe to wake him for a few minutes more, at least."

Actions:
Casting Heal [Creation lvl 20], Dagger regains 50 life points, I spend 80 zeon.

Also, Persuasion check to cast, though I only fail on a fumble: [roll0]

Current Zeon: 1120/1200

littlebottom
2012-06-18, 06:01 PM
Slivs eyes widen at the spell "I've heard about magic like this, but ive never seen it before, I've only ever seen fireballs and destructive magics." Sliv continues "At any rate, we should hear what he has to say then before we let him rest." Sliv gently shakes Dagger till Dagger comes to.

"ARG--wait." He clentched at a wound that was no longer there, the mind had not quite caught up with the state of his body. With help he is brought to his feet and sat in a chair. "Did one of you do this?" He asks the assembled adventurers. "Yes, Chiyoko." Sliv points to Chiyoko as he says this. "Well, I guess some thanks are in order... Thank you." He bows gently to Chiyoko. "You were saying before you passed out?"

after a few minutes in which is spent by Dagger eating a bowl of rice, Dagger eventually speaks up "The reason i wanted some volenteers here tonight is because we have had news. Big news. Theres a boy, about 15 years of age who has been asking about for the whereabouts of a unique and powerfull gem. He says he saw it in his dreams and that he must have it, something is driving him to find it. Well, since word of this got out, many groups of people have wanted to find him, either to silence him or stop him, or even just use him to find the gem themselves. We want you to find him, and protect him, all the while trying to get that gem he asks of too. It is powerful and could potentially mean we have the power to defend ourselves from even the biggest might of the inquisition, and maybe even make... us... accepted again in society. I believe that whoever jumped me heard of our plans and intended on stopping me from getting people to protect the boy. After all it would make it easier for them whatever their plans." Dagger finishes talking awaiting any questions.

Selinia
2012-06-18, 08:52 PM
Chiyoko shrugs. "Magic is different everywhere. Not all of it is based in hate. If this is the reason the spirits wished me to come here, I do not intend to waste time. Besides," The girl's serious tone breaks as she flashes a grin, "I bet this is a lot more plesant than bleeding into a bed. The Maidens back home always said helping people was our most important work."

"Anyway, is that all we have to go on - a rumor? Do we know what this boy looks like? Or what the gem looks like for that matter? Should we be worried about them leaving the city? Or... about someone else arriving?"

Kasanip
2012-06-19, 04:28 AM
Kuru stood with a shock expression.

"Ah! Thou speak about a jewel? I am looking for such a jewel like described. It was my treasure, and I will be able to regain my power!
If it is my treasure, or if it is a different treasure, it is still important that it must be seen by me! But if it is my jewel, then I will not give it to this boy!" Kuruppe said with a frown.

littlebottom
2012-06-19, 05:48 PM
"The boy is called Welkin, he, as i said is only 15. His hair is blond and short, his eyes are blue, but his more distinctive feature is his armour, custom made, very impressive looking stuff, looks like pure white and golden feathers are surrounding him apparently."

"He passed through here recently as you might be able to tell from the crater outside, the boy holds some sort of power were not sure of yet, but judging from his direction he was heading to the capital, and from there, who knows. If your going after him, you should go to the Samael hideout there and see what information they have for you to follow"

"The jewel is supposed to be like a large diamond, some say heart shaped the size of your head, the last recorded whereabouts of it was in some ruins which is now under the protection of the tol'rako. do you have any more questions?"

littlebottom
2012-06-20, 05:33 PM
"If there are no more questions i am going to go rest, i suggest you either head out north straight away, or get some rest yourselves and head out first thing tomorrow. That is, if you want to become our retrieval team."

"Who's in?"

Selinia
2012-06-21, 09:08 AM
"I was able to catch a nap earlier today. I'm ready, whenever we leave. I would send some scouts ahead, but it is probably best to not draw the attention of the Inquisition too swiftly. When we strike them, it would be far better to catch them unawares."

Xsesiv
2012-06-21, 01:38 PM
Jousi's confused by the entire turn of events. "So, we're off to get a jewel that might or might not exist, a jewel that someone or other, who may or may not be the Inquisition, doesn't want us to get because then we'll be powerful enough to make ourselves accepted in society...and how, exactly? Crushing everyone who doesn't agree that we should be? How does that make us any better than the Inquisition?"

There's no certainty to any of the facts here, and the end's questionable at best. It frightens Jousi.

"I'll come along, but when we find this thing, if indeed it exists, I think we should either destroy it or hide it. But I've had some sleep. I'll just get my stuff."

littlebottom
2012-06-21, 05:47 PM
"Well, I'm going to guess that there is more than just the inquisition involved here. also, the jewel is said to have the power to persuade and make peace."

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-21, 07:51 PM
"I like to assume the people I'm working for are smart."
Yunan has been silent for a while, but now she feels that she should make her stance clear. She turns to directly face Silv and Dagger for her next words.
If you and your bosses had ruthless crushing in mind, you would have made sure that those like me never even got wind that you were interested in this matter, right? Assuming that, I'm in. Now, since you know his name, I guess you would know where we could find his family? Or aqquantances?

Selinia
2012-06-23, 11:30 PM
"Yeah, let's run this on the assumption nobody on our side is secretly an evil warmongering moron. Is that a safe assumption? Good? Good. His family is a good first step - even if they don't have any information to offer, the location of his home will be useful as an origin for our search."

littlebottom
2012-06-24, 05:36 PM
"We dont currently know his place of origin, we will get on it, and relay the information to you when you get to archangel."

------------------------

You get ready to leave, gather your things up finish eating or drinking and open the door into the night to leave, as you do, Sliv speaks up "Take care, your welcome to stay here anytime you need a place to stay or hide."

------------------------

The journy is not of great length, and there was only mild hassle crossing the border between the azure alliance into the empire, considering the intense political hatred between these factions at the moment, it is surprising how easily they are letting common folk come and go, proberbly because they still need to trade to keep their individual economies working for now until they become more independant. Perhaps something to keep an eye on in the future.

-------------------------

You arrive in Archangel, the capital city of Abel, and as an extension the Empire! although... the Empire is a poor shadow of what it was only a generation ago. The first emperor, Giovanni, who founded the Empire did so following in Abels footsteps after his death. The emperor was the first, and most devout follower of Abel, and was in charge of the armies that unified the lands. His bloodline continued to bring first born sons that were highly skilled in running the lands peacefully, but being capable of quelling uprisings with force if neccessary. This continued until recently when Lascar Giovanni became ruler, he ran the empire into a tyrannical age, but none dared stop him, until a fateful day, one of the 4 warlords of the empire decided to end his life and so the title of emperor would pass to Lucanor Giovanni, a boy who had shown the same promise every other of the blood line had shown before except Lascar. After some intense fighting, breaking through all of the Emperors personal guards, they made it to the throne room, only to find Lascar had ordered his son to run him through. His son did not want to, but his life threatened by his father, he did. As such, since Lucanor had murdered the previous emperor, he himself could not take over with that stigma hanging over his head. This lead to another emperor being brought in, whom tried his best to run the empire, but over time began to faulter. It was around the time he hired the churches first female leader, she seemed to hold some sway over him, and eventually he was no longer fit to rule, since he allowed her to make terrible desicions on her own to manipulate people and the empire. The next in line from him, is our current Empress. The first woman to run the Empire, Elisabetta. When she took the throne, a great many pricipalities made their objections to this and recent acts of the Empire known by splitting from the Empire. The state the Empire was in, it could not crush any uprisings, especially of this scale. Now we find ourselves in an era of political uncertainty, verging on cataclysmic war for the entirety of the continent.

--------------------

You follow the directions Dagger gave you before you left, and found a nice looking door leading into a large building just down a narrow alley, the door has a fammilier symbol which tells those in the know that it is a hideout of Samael. Knocking on it proceeds to cause the small eye slot to whip open. "State your business with us or go away, if you have to ask who we are, go away."

Shade Kerrin
2012-06-24, 11:49 PM
"Um, yes. We're here about the Welkin matter. We were supposed to collect some information here?"

littlebottom
2012-06-25, 06:03 PM
There is some hesitation behind the door, and the same voice in slightly less gruff of a tone says "Dagger sent you i guess, alright, in you come." The sound of several heavy bolts and chains can be hear one by one until the door eventually swings open with a squeek.

Inside is much more luxurious than the hideout back in Wilkend, The floors are red carpet, the walls wooden paneled adorned with paintings from different artists from different eras. The man behind the door is apparently more than he seemed, as now that you can see him, you realise he... floats, and is a ghostly image of a man, although, not transparrent. "Right then, I've been given orders to send you straight away to see the boss, She has a right temper though, does Hilda. Go straight down the corridor, furthest door on the left, then up the stairs to the top floor, then you want the second door on the right, wait there in that waiting room till your called. Any questions?"

Xsesiv
2012-06-25, 07:09 PM
Jousi seems to relax as he enters the luxurious surroundings. He's been uncharacteristically tense and quiet since entering the crowded city and seems more at home in these more opulent settings than his worn-out peasant clothing would suggest.

"No, I think that should be all, thank you, sir," he says to the figure of the man, smiling. He raises a hand to tip a hat that is no longer there, realises this fact halfway through the motion, and disguises the gesture by brushing his hair back. "But if we happen to think of anything before we leave, I'm sure we can ask you or this Hilda."

Provided nobody else has any questions to ask this moment, he adjusts his bow so that it won't be any trouble to carry through doorways and proceeds to the waiting room.

Kasanip
2012-06-26, 04:00 AM
Kuru looked around the city with distraction. To see such a big city was the first time for her, so she followed the group and tried not to become lost.

"This place is very nice." She said with praise, when new building was entered. "I wonder if there is enough food. I hope it isn't expensive." She said doubtfully.

littlebottom
2012-06-26, 05:33 PM
"Theres enough food here to feed an army for a month, not very nice food, but food none the less. Oh and its free to those who are allowed in here in the first place."

---------------------

Following the directions you eventually open the doors to the waiting room, perhaps surprisingly there are a lot of other people (or beings) here. Most of them dont even look over to you as you enter the room.

An ordinary looking human woman is sat behind a desk and speaks to you as you enter "Right, you all one group? Good. Your number is 325, remember it. When it is called enter through the doors behind me, til then you can wait in here. Food and drink is brought at regular intervals, chat amongst yourselves but dont get too loud." She instantly goes back to reading through paperwork on her desk.

Looking around the room reveals lots of chairs, some empty, some not. Those that are filled mostly have sleeping occupiers but some notable exceptions include a large sentient plant like creature, a large Minotauress which takes up 2 seats and would have to walk slightly crouched to avoid hitting her head on the ceiling, a pale looking man with crimson shoulder length hair, and someone who has fallen into the pitfall of "wizards have robes and staffs and long beards and a pointy hat".

the pale human with crimson red hair, i want intelligence rolls to determine if you know what it is or not. if you can justify a reason for using a skill to try and see if you know what it is then go for it.

As you find a section of the room with empty seats and sit down the door opens and a man walks out looking slightly intimidated and leaves through the door you came through quickly. "NUMBER 256. NEXT!" The woman behind the desk yells without looking up.

Xsesiv
2012-06-26, 05:43 PM
[roll0] Int 6

Jousi does a quick bit of mental arithmetic as the number's shouted out. Calculating that he's going to have to wait through roughly seventy meetings, he mutters something under his breath, scans the room one last time and curls up in his seat for a nap.

Selinia
2012-06-28, 12:25 AM
Chiyoko keeps rather quiet as the group weaves through the mess of supernatural beings, feeling slightly out-of-place with her decidedly human body. She considers dropping the guise, but... she'd never been very comfortable in what was apparently her 'true' form.

Instead, she decides to focus on the others in the room, running through her studies on the subject. It still amazed her how... smooth... her thoughts had become. Like she could hold one in the very corner of her mind, and still read it as clear as day.

Actions:

Int Check: [roll0], against an Intelligence of 15

Occult Check: [roll1] I may be off here, but given where we are, this seems like the best bet for identifying a mysterious redheaded individual.

Kasanip
2012-06-28, 07:18 AM
Kuruppe looks around the room at the other people. There are many supernatural creatures, so Kuruppe becomes annoyed slowly. Maybe uncomfortable. To be a deity who is reduced to look like a human, probably some of these supernatural beings don't take her seriously.

To receive such a long wait, it is an example of this!

"I believe thy have forgotten our number. It should be sooner." Kuruppe told the woman at the desk. "We have important business." She says, to cross her arms with a royal look.

[roll0] Int 6

[roll1] Intimidate

littlebottom
2012-06-28, 06:52 PM
Chiyoko takes a moment to search the back catalogue that is her mind, before remembering what this being actually is. It is a pure breed Vetala. A race known to any layman who may have encountered one as "A vampire" they are, infact, not vampires, but they are indeed the race upon whom the story of the vampire arose. Supposedly the original race of Vetala lived in small isolated cities with supernatural storms that never stopped to block out the sun. Bright lights can, just as in the storys, harm them, potentially even kill them, and they do indeed rely on the intake of blood to survive, but they are not undead, and they are not immortal, although, having one live till the age of nearly 1000 is not unheard of, they generally turn "old" at the age of 500 and die within the next century or so.

What a pure breed of a race that (as far as you knew) no longer existed, if they ever did in the first place, is doing in a waiting room, so far from any place it could call home. Just by being here, it must have traveled only at night, or in a darkened carrage, for an extremely long time. There is more to this race that you cannot quite remember though, although your sure you remember most of the main points from that book you once read.

to resist the intimidation:[roll0]
The lady behind the desk looks up when Kuruppe talks to her. "And the fate of that mans life is less important?" She motions to the wizard sat in his chair. "The relations between Samael and the remaining Vetala on Gaia is less important?" She points to the red headed man. "A solution to the issue with blood thirsty humans that rush into that Minotauress' home and kill her children and family should be made to wait for you and your friends to..." She looks down at her desk and flicks through some pages before finding what she is looking for "Aha, here it is. For you and your friends to find a boy? Samael has many fingers in many pies, my dear. To stop everything for only one of these issues would be devistating to the entire order, relations with supernatural beings may become heated, and Samael will be in the firing line, what good is the boy to us then?" The lady sits there for a moment, feeling like her point has been well made, but after a moment she sighs "Give me a moment. It is not my place to judge the importance of your mission." She stands up and leaves the room through the door to Hilda.

Around 30 seconds pass before she returns "Hilda has agreed to see you after the next gentleman, whos turn is now. Number 257!" The strange sentient plant like creature gets down from its chair using its strange, thorn covered, spider like legs of which theres 4. It continues to scurry into the room, the door is shut behind it.

Kasanip
2012-06-29, 04:33 AM
Kuruppe made a sweet smile. Of course, if she was in a Wolf Diety appearance, it would have been danger like face. But for a human like appearance, it wasn't so dangerous.

"Thank you." She said, and to walk towards the others with a dignified step.

"NYAHA. Was it seen? We will be allowed much faster now." With a [self-satisfied] face, Kuruppe crosses her arms to wait for praise.

littlebottom
2012-06-30, 07:37 PM
After a much shorter wait than it could have potentially been, The door is opened, strangely no sentient plant creature comes out, but the woman behind the desk calls you in, to the dissapointed glares of some of those who had been waiting longer.

Inside, you walk a short hallway to another set of doors, the doors behind you are shut as the doors infront open.

Inside is a room thin but long, and as you walk towards the desk at the end, you see who must be known as Hilda, sat behind the desk. Piles of paperwork are all over her desk, and what seems to be another secretary is sat at a much smaller desk off to one side, writing away furiously and ignoring your arrival.

The woman known as Hilda seems to be, for all intesive purposes, a normal human being, very attractive, blond, blue eyes and a smile that seems honest enough. "Ah, the ones after the boy, yes?" She quickly looks you all up and down one by one as if analyzing your potential. "Find the report." She speaks facing you, but the woman on the smaller desk rushes over and begins sorting through the masses of paper work trying to find a particular piece. "Sorry about this, we would have been ready by the time you should have come in, but i understand this is an important issue." At that moment the woman pulls a rather thick report out from the pile, it must be around 50 pages long, and hands it to Hilda "... we dont need that.... or this.... or this.... ok we need this... thats useless." She speaks absent mindedly as she flicks quickly through the report, flinging a great deal of paper over her shoulder as her assistant frantically tries to catch them and pick them off the floor and placing them back into order.

"Welkin Seraph. Age 15." She stops for a moment to scan down the page "Right, he came through Archangel, heading northeast, as you know, he came from the south, we have sent a couple of spies to try and keep track of his activities, but they mostly seem one step behind him, we have information to suggest he is traveling to Chaville the capital of Gabriel, a port town. Potentially, it could be any port of the northern side of the Inner Sea, but Chaville makes the most sense. We believe he is going to make contact with a ships captain and take a ship out to one of the island in the Inner Sea, which one, we are unsure..." after a moments pause she turns to her assistant and in a sudden outburst of pure anger and rage she screams "We need to fire these spies, they have near no useful information! What did they do all that time they spent tracking this boy? Get drunk on our money thats what! Fire them all immediately. They are no use to us if they cannot even keep track of a 15 year old boy traveling alone!" She clears her throat and turns back to the group with that honest looking smile again, and calm tone of voice. "Where were we? Oh yes. We believe that he has been given the name of a captain, of course, we cannot garentee where he will be docked, hence the uncertainty, but information leads us to believe that Captain Advark and his crew are partial to the higher class offerings of Chaville than some of the more seedy ports. She flicks through another page or two of paper before continuing "Ah yes, you asked about his parentage? Father is unknown, but his mother still lives in Eron, of Dalaborn, North of here. We dont have an outpost in Eron, so we dont have the latest information on it."

"Now, as i believe you know, your mission is to find, and protect this boy, and if possible bring him back to the Samael. If you recover him, your duty is to bring him here, failing that, bring him to the nearest Samael outpost. Of course, this is not where your mission ends, for you are to recover the Jewel aswell. This may require you to find out what the boy knows about the jewel. If you can't get enough information from him or other sources, we ourselves will still be working on it, and as such when you return him, we will try to update you on any information we have reguarding it, but the first priority is the boy. Understand? Any questions?"

Xsesiv
2012-06-30, 07:53 PM
To Jousi's mind, this entire business is like stacking up chairs instead of using a ladder. He practically feels the ground shaking.

"This whole thing is 'might', isn't it? It's a miracle we managed to follow him this far.

He's going northeast so he might be going to Chaville or he might be going somewhere else. If he does indeed go to Chaville, he might want to sail to an island or he might not. If he does he might get on a ship with a certain captain, or he might not; if he doesn't go to Chaville in the first place, he might sail off or he might not, either way he certainly won't get on that captain's ship. This jewel might exist in the first place or it might not, and it might be worth getting or it might not.

To be honest, this jewel affair is losing appeal for me. I want some concrete information, not rumour and belief and hearsay.

I also want to know who your sources are, because to me it sounds like they may as well be guessing."

This is the longest speech he's made in the last few days. He shrinks back into his seat after making it and mumbles something that sounds like "I don't appreciate..."

Shade Kerrin
2012-07-01, 07:02 AM
"Of course, what my friend means is that he is thankful for the information provided, and that we will do our best to achieve successful results based on it.
Anyway, given that it is a time-crucial, I'll pick us up some horses and take a Compensation for Incurred Expenses form on the way out...That is, unless, you know of a faster transportation?"

littlebottom
2012-07-01, 06:01 PM
"The zepplins are faster, unfortunately they are all under the ownership of a rival whom if they found out of your traveling on them, would likely do what they can to stop you. So it would not be a safe option unless you feel confident enough they will not recognise you."

Selinia
2012-07-02, 01:48 AM
Chiyoko seems somewhat embarrassed at Kuruppe's 'request', but gave the wolf-girl a nod of appreciation anyway. The shrine maiden still wasn't sure how to treat a living, breathing spirit - most of the time, they were much less... boisterous.

In Hilda's office, she listens quietly to the conversation for a few minutes before adding her own piece.

"You know, Jousi here has a better point than you lot are giving him credit for. What do we actually know here? We're chasing rumors, and unless we get something concrete soon, I'm going to start suspecting this whole thing is a baseless fox hunt." She pauses, then sighs.

"Still, it's something I guess, and it couldn't hurt to chase it a little further. I can't conjure a mysterious prophetic waif out of midair, but I can at least get us where we're going. Say the word, and we'll be in Chaville in five minutes - that kind of distance is is going to take a real bite out of me, but I've done it before. It's a chance to get ahead of this thing we've been chasing, and I figure it's worth a bit of a headache."

Despite her caviler words, the prospect seems to make Chiyoko more than a little nervous.

Kasanip
2012-07-03, 02:59 AM
"If it is a fox hunt, then rely on my nose! I am not worried to run any distance. If shrine maiden Chiyoko can help me to maintain my energy, then I can run that far and carry you easily. But...not as fast as Chiyoko can teleport." Kuruppe isn't sure to make a praise of the shrine maiden. It was fortunate and also scary to meet such a powerful shrine maiden as Chiyoko.

But it was also surprising to hear the quite Jousi to speak so much too. Humans who didn't speak very much were unpredictable, Kuruppe decided.
"Jousi is also correct. It is important to arrive and find this boy before he can leave. Or at least, to find a better trail to follow him."