PDA

View Full Version : The Emissary - Single Player Campaign

Pages : [1] 2

LaZodiac
2012-06-07, 07:17 PM
Ok, for those of you who click this just because you're interested, I'll note for you here that what this is is, due to my job, I no longer have time to DND live with a friend, doing a "single player" style campaign. So we're moving it to Pbp.

As a bit of a plot summery, our heroes dealt with a hobgoblin named Sinruth and his attemp to revive an old warband. While doing their total crushing of him, they learned of someone called The Emissary, and how he's being causing things to happen. All very vague and mysterious like. Currently, our heroes just finished mopping up a smallish force of Lycanthropes, which they believe to be conected to The Emissary, and are just about to enter the hut of "Shaman Fern", the Lady of the Blackfens.

As our heroes enter the hut, they all feel a sort of thickness to the air, and they all see some faint mist. The walls are covered in totem like mask and objects, and sitting on a coloured reed mat is Shaman Fern. She appears to be an ancient elf, white hair streaming down her face, a quilt blanket drapped over her shoulders, almost completely covering her. Standing next to her is her apprentice, Elwin. "These are the people I told you about, Shaman Fern. They stopped those lycanthropes!"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-07, 07:37 PM
The party walks respectfully into the hut, Anna in the lead. Behind them are the two unconscious and trussed-up wererats, borne aloft by Beren's magic. They look around the room, marveling at the assortment of totems that the wizened old elf has collected.

Anna wipes a bead of sweat from her brow. She bows and tries to keep her voice calm as she speaks to the shaman, though her breath is short from both the excitement of the battle and the dizzying fever racing through her body. You must be Shaman Fern. Elwin has told me about you. My name is Anna Whiterose, and these are my friends.

LaZodiac
2012-06-07, 08:39 PM
"Yes, I am her, young druid. Stay awhile, and tell me of your journies, and why you have come here" she responds. With a swish of her hand, six sets of reeds stretch up from the wooden floor, and weave themselves into matts.

Afterward, two sets of reeds sprout up and wrap around the wererats, taking away the wererats silently. Elwin speaks up "Don't worry, they'll be fine"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 01:19 AM
Anna blushes deeply. Druid? Oh, I'm no druid. My grandmother is a druid, and I just learned a few tricks from her, that's all. She gratefully sits down on the reed mat, and her companions do as well.

Beren claps her on the back. Nonsense, m'gel! Didn't you see the way those vines of yours dealt with those rats? If you're not a druid, I'm not a gnome.

Anna blushes again, then clasps a hand to her head. Elias, maybe you should tell her. I'm tired...

Elias nods and begins the story while Anna catches her breath. I am Elias Dragnov, a soldier of Brindol. I do not know if you have heard, but there was an attack on Brindol a few weeks back by a hobgoblin warband. My friends and I pursued the hobgoblins to their base, and we found that they were working with a gnomish cult of Vecna and a tribe of lycanthropes, who had a base here in the Blackfens. We came to this region to investigate and to warn the inhabitants, and it is here that we found the lycanthropes, threatening you and your apprentice.

While Elias is speaking, Beren looks absently around the hut, admiring the various totems and charms decorating the walls, and surreptitiously feels for magical auras emanating from them.

Arcana: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 06:39 AM
As Elias talks, Beren gets a feel of the magic in the room. It is almost overwhelming, how charged with primal magic the room seems to be. He swears a mask winks at him.

Shaman Fern sits and waits for Elias to be finished before speaking. "I have not heard, though I felt it, through the lands. I may have domain over some of the Blackfens, but all of nature speaks. It is good you have all arrived here when you did."

After Shaman Fern has spoken, Elwin darts to a shelf behind her and rummages through it, taking out an old, tattered map. He then steps back to her side, and hands her the map, which she takes and unfurls on the floor infront of you. It is a map of the Blackfens, similiar to the one you have. In place of where the Red X is on your map, there is a blot of dark red, like blood was used to ink it.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 03:00 PM
Elias looks at the map grimly. So you do know of the happenings. We know that something is happening at the place marked, but we do not know what. Do you know?

Anna bites her lip anxiously. Is that where the lycanthropes are making their base? We have to know!

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 05:14 PM
"It is as you say, young druid. The Lycan King's forces have their claws firmly dug into those lands. Most of the elves that lived their have passed to their final resting place. Would only I could of been their, as I was in the past" she says, solemnly.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 08:30 PM
Have passed, you say...? Anna bites her lips so hard that blood starts to trickle. Please, what happened to the Tiri Kitor?

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 08:32 PM
Shaman Fern is silent for a moment. Then she speaks "The lycanthropes. I know not why, but they chose their home to be their stronghold. They are now but few"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 08:35 PM
I... I had friends among them. Anna falls silent, looking down at her feet.

Sorin is next to speak. Where are the survivors now?

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 09:22 PM
"The survivors are held in the camp's prison." Shaman Fern answers. She then says, more obviously directly toward Anna "As did I, young druid. I know not the extent of your pain, but know that I do feel it"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 09:31 PM
Then we have to go save them! Those filthy vermin, why would they... Anna tries to rise, but is overcome by another jolt of the fever.

Beren shakes his head. We know you're worried, missy, but you won't be of help to anyone in that state of yours. We'll need to rest, stock up, have a proper plan of attack afore we go stormin' into a Lycan camp.

Anna starts to protest, but Elias silences her with a stern gaze. Beren is right. I am with you in this, but we cannot go in unprepared. Shaman Fern, what do you know about the lycan encampment?

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 09:37 PM
"I know that they are well guarded by all sides by deep swamplands. Only the entrance to the village is a safe entrance. And I fear they may have that area barricaded by walls of wood, cut from the nearby trees. The area will be easily defended." For a moment, Shaman Fern's face shows a mixture of mild regert, with some pride "I made it so, for the Tiri Kitor."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 09:54 PM
They have fortified the encampment? Then to attack it will be difficult. Elias pauses for a moment, pensively.

Anna pipes up, If the lycans could have gotten in, so can we!

Lelastri snorts dismissively. You think it would be that easy? There are scores of lycanthropes, and only six of us. How long do you think we would last trying to take them on? Why throw away our lives on such a foolish mission?

Anna glares at him, clutching the hilt of the scimitar. Because my friend is in there! I can't leave him with those savages!

So selfish and short-sighted of you. You would sacrifice yourself for a single soul, who in the grand scheme of the cosmos is an infinitesimal speck of dust.

Speck of dust? For all your talk about vanquishing evil and changing the world, it would be nice if you showed an ounce of respect for life, for once!

Elias holds up his hands. That's enough! Quarreling amongst ourselves will not accomplish anything. If we are to rescue the prisoners, we need a plan. Lelastri is in part correct; we are too few in number to war against the lycans.

Beren strokes his chin thoughtfully. Openly, perhaps. But why need we concern ourselves with warring against them? To rescue the prisoners calls for a more subtle approach. I read of a ritual that would enable us to change our forms. With a bit more study, I just might be able to master it. Or maybe our lovely Shaman Fern could have some magic that could help?

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 10:02 PM
Shaman Fern appears to smirk at Beren's comment "I could help, of course. But...there would be a price. As I already have an apprentice, it shall be but a small task. I feel the spirit of a boar in that camp. Bring me his tusks."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-08, 10:03 PM
Sorin raises an eyebrow. Do you mean the wereboar leader of the encampment? To slay him would require us to attack the lycan camp, which is the very thing we need your help to do.

LaZodiac
2012-06-08, 10:05 PM
Shaman Fern smirks "Yes. I shall help you enter the camp without much trouble. But you must simply obtain his tusks for me. Is that to hard, for an elf who's cheated the final embrace twice?"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 12:50 AM
Sorin is taken aback. H-how... he stammers, before collecting himself. Never mind about that. It would be my pleasure to slay the boar for you.

Anna chimes in, Not if I get to him first! Bastard's going to pay!

Beren interrupts, Now, hold on just a bloomin' second. I'm glad we're all agreed and stuff, but what exactly do you need those tusks for?

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 12:59 AM
As if teasing, Shaman Fern taps her nose slightly. She then says "Ground boar tusk is useful in some herbal remedies, so it's always nice to have a pair around, for the occasion"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 01:04 AM
Herbal remedies... Beren turns to Elwin. Is your shaman right in the head?

Anna winks. I know what you mean, ma'am. I feel like some good ground boar tusk would do me a world of good. Speaking of remedies... Could you do something about this fever?

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 01:08 AM
Shaman Fern thinks for a moment, then says "Yes, though you'd have to stay the night here."

Elwin, meanwhile, simply looks away, somewhat embarassed. Shaman Fern grins politely.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 01:17 AM
Miriam smiles. Thank you for your hospitality, Shaman Fern.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 01:21 AM
"It's quite alright dear. Elywn, I believe now would be a good time to start preparing supper. For us all, if you please. Our young friend will be feeling well enough to eat once it's ready." Shaman Fern says. Elywn obligers, before giving Anna a quick look. It's clear to her that he was saying "try to stay awake, so I can tell you what I said I would" with his eyes

As he does so, Shaman Fern sprouts up more reed matts, making the six that where already there larger, more comfortable. The most comfy looking one is next to her, and she indicates it's for Anna. She then starts mixing various leaves and other herbs together to create a type of medicene.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 03:31 AM
Anna returns Elwin's gaze, silently telling him that she has no intention of sleeping while her friend is in danger.

Miriam stands up. Any way we can help, ma'am? We'd hate to impinge on your hospitality.

As the shaman and her apprentice, and possibly Miriam, busy themselves, the party begins discussing amongst themselves regarding their plans.

Our purpose is clear. Rescue the Tiri Kitor, and if possible, eliminate the lycan presence in the Blackfens. The question now is, how will we go about it?

Sorin twirls his fingers around his butterfly pendant. I believe the best approach should be a direct one. How difficult can it be to slay the boar? We felled the badger easily enough.

Aye, but we only had to go up against a dozen or so lycans, not a whole bloomin' mob. We can't just charge in willy-nilly. Sneak in, rescue the prisoners, sneak out, that should be our plan.

And what, in the long run, will rescuing the prisoners accomplish? The lycanthropes will still be there, a blight upon the land. No, we must strike decisively, cut off the head of the snake. Rescuing the elves should be a secondary concern.

Anna glares at Lelastri again. A secondary concern? I'm not going to rest until Dandin's safe and out of those wolves' mangy claws!

Lelastri sighs. Again, you let your attachment to your friend cloud your thinking. You do not even know if he still lives.

He's alive! I don't know how I know, but I... I just know it. Dandin's still alive, and it's up to us to rescue him.

Anna's right, y'know. He is still alive.

Elias glances at Beren quizzically. What makes you so sure?

Beren shrugs. That's the way the story has to go. It wouldn't make any narrative sense for the lad not to be alive. Anyone from the Feywild could tell you that. You naturals, so advanced in your knowledge, yet so ignorant of the basic narrative laws. He conjures a pipe in his hand and begins to smoke. So we'll pop in there, kill the boar villain, rescue the elf laddie, and pop on out. Easy as pickin' daisies, eh wot?

Elias nods pensively. Aye, easy as picking daisies.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 09:35 AM
Shaman Fern thanks Miriam, but says that this will be a special medicene, so it has to be prepared carefully, by one person. She can help Elwin cook supper, however.

Meanwhile, Sorin feels a small pulse in his pendant, through his fingers up to his heart and brain. It's a command, though a very small one. "Be careful", the icy voice says, directly into his mind.

And with that, unless anyone has anything else to do, we can skip to night, just as everyone is going to sleep, so that Elwin and Anna can go outside and discuss things privately.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 12:53 PM
Sorin clutches the pendant, annoyed. Why does that nymph insist on watching me? This is no concern of hers.

And yes, timeskip time. After supper, everyone shall go to sleep, while Anna and Elwin step outside.

Anna gazes up at the night sky. Everything sure is peaceful tonight. Hard to imagine that this place was under siege just a few hours ago.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 01:32 PM
"Yha..and I could be dead, if not for you guys. I really do thank you for that." Elwin looks away for a moment, and says "Which..is why I'm sorry to be the one who brought you news of Dandin."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 01:36 PM
No, thank you for telling me. Better that I know. I'll get him back, you'll see.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 01:47 PM
"If he's alive. I'm sorry, just...one of the things he told me, before he left..he said he'd find a way to contact me if he survived. And you. He was always talking about you, you know?"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 02:23 PM
He's alive. I just know it. Anna looks at him intently. What did he say about me?

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 02:38 PM
"He said he missed you. That, when the lycanthropes were delt with, he'd find you. And that..he'd never let you go"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 03:03 PM
Anna whispers, He said that? I had no idea... All the more reason for me to find him then. I'll bring him back, and I'll bring back the tusks of that swine as well. Dandin, I hope you're all right...

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 03:04 PM
"I..hope so to. If he's alive, I know you'll be able to find him. Now lets go, Shaman Fern should be ready with the medicine"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 03:37 PM
Anna presses her hand to her forehead again. Yeah, we should. This fever is killing me. Stupid werewolves...

And they head back into the hut.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 03:38 PM
Once inside, Shaman Fern gives her the medicine, and says "Now, young druid, if there is any more you wish to ask, feel free."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 04:15 PM
Anna gratefully takes the medicine.
Ma'am, there was another thing I was meaning to ask you. She takes out the alfsair scimitar and shows it to the shaman. I found this planted on a hill in the Witchwood, and I was wondering if it belonged to you or someone you know.

LaZodiac
2012-06-09, 04:16 PM
Shaman Fern thinks for a moment, then says "I'm afraid I haven't. I've never seen a scimitar of such quality before in all my days."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-09, 08:28 PM
It's not yours, then? Anna is puzzled. Who could have left it there?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 12:59 AM
"Hmm, even I'm not sure who it could belong to. However, I can feel something about it. Place it on the floor, for a moment."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:06 AM
Anna obliges.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:07 AM
"Elwin. Pick it up."

Elwin goes to do so, putting his hand around the hilt and lifting it up. Or rather, trying to. At first he lifts just lightly, but when he almost falls down from the sheer weight of it, he puts both hands on the hilt and pulls much harder. He makes exactly as much progress. Shaman Fern smirks.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:10 AM
The lycans couldn't pick it up either. What does this mean, Shaman Fern?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:11 AM
"The blade is enchanted. Only certain people can lift this blade. It appears that you are one of them, young druid."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:12 AM
Anna tries to hide her annoyance. What does that mean? Why can I lift it? What kind of enchantment is it?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:14 AM
"It is what I say. Whoever owns this saber enchanted it so that only certain people could lift it, and you are one of those people. I do not know why."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:18 AM
Can you lift it, Shaman Fern?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:20 AM
Shaman Fern hesitates for a moment. She then reaches out and grabs the scimitar and pulls. She gets it up, about a foot in the air, but its obvious her arm is struggling, and it is through sheer force of will that it is being lifted. She then quickly puts it back down. "I presume that is a satisfying answer."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:24 AM
Hmm, I suppose...

Anna makes an Insight check to see if Shaman Fern was pretending.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:26 AM
Anna's insight tells her that not only was Shaman Fern NOT pretending, that she was actually somewhat confident she would be able to lift it without as much effort as she had to provide.

Shaman Fern, as if sensing Anna's knowledge of the situation, says "Now then, young druid. Take your medicine and head to bed. We wouldn't want you to become a werewolf now, would we"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 01:30 AM
Anna stifles a yawn. Shaman Fern, do you really think we can take on the lycanthropes? What aid will you provide us?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 01:34 AM
"I will provide you with a way to sneak in. Rest assured, it shall all be taken care of." Shaman Fern answers. She then laughs a bit "Ahh, young druid, you remind me of my younger days. There was a druid who came to me once, for training. You remind me of her quite a bit. But, those times are gone, and she leads her own tribe now."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 02:52 AM
Anna smiles sleepily. That must be nice, to see your friends growing to achieve great things. I hope that when I'm older, I'll be able to do the same. Maybe I'll be a real druid one day, like my grandmother Winona... Who knows?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 08:20 AM
Shaman Fern smiles "I feel you will, young druid. And she thought the same, of her grandmother."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 07:05 PM
Anna yawns. Ryko and I need to get to sleep now. Need to be rested if we're going to storm the fortress, eh?
If there is nothing else to be done, Anna shall head off to sleep.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 07:09 PM
Shaman Fern mearly smirks, and wishes Anna a good nights sleep.
----------------

The next morning, Lelastri awakes. Shaman Fern greets him "Good morning." she says simply.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 07:14 PM
Lelastri gives a silent nod to Shaman Fern in response.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 07:17 PM
"Why do you journey with them, young drow? I can understand the others, but you seem the odd one out." She asks

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 07:28 PM
Lelastri stands, not quite looking Shaman Fern in the eye. I have grown up with evil, and know the extent of its blight upon the world. I wish to destroy it. They and I merely have a common purpose for the time being.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 07:30 PM
"Alright. Just know, you do not have to destroy yourself in the process."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 07:45 PM
The drow absentmindedly conjures a small orb of radiant light in his hand. I am of no consequence. If I must be destroyed to effect lasting change, so be it.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 07:48 PM
"If that is what you believe, you may believe it. Simply know that, to live is to insure changes will happen." and with that, Shaman Fern will probably sit in silence untill everyone wakes up, or untill someone says something.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 08:21 PM
I have no intention of dying, Lelastri answers. He opens the door of the hut and steps out into the night. The night is darkest just before dawn. The morning star shall show the way.

Afterward, Sorin is the second to awake. He clutches at the butterfly pendant, which still hangs about his neck.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 08:24 PM
Shaman Fern says good morning to Sorin as well, eyeing his pendant slightly.

Meanwhile, the pendent cools slightly, and he hears "good morning" in his head.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 09:57 PM
Sorin tries to ignore the voice in his head. He throws his cloak over his shoulders and turns to Shaman Fern. How did you know about my past?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 10:19 PM
Shaman Fern smiles in that infuriating way that she does, and answers "When a blizzard comes around in the middle of summer, people of my craft tend to take notice."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 10:29 PM
You know of the nymph then? Sorin asks calmly. Who is she, and why is she after me?

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 10:40 PM
"She is, as I'm sure you know, Tytannia, a winter nymph of great power. I do not know what she wants with you, but my senses tell me she may have been...reduced in power. Perhaps you are to bring her back to her full strength."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 10:53 PM
She has chosen the wrong elf then. I'm not going to serve a nymph whose intentions I don't know.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 10:58 PM
"Then ask her, when you have the chance. She must of chose you, above all others, for a reason."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-10, 11:20 PM
I didn't choose to serve her. I choose my own path.

Around this time, the others shall be waking up as well.

LaZodiac
2012-06-10, 11:35 PM
Ok. As Anna wakes up, she feels MUCH more refreashed then she did yesterday. She is cured!

Anyway, after everyone wakes up (and you get Lelastri back inside), Shaman Fern tells you "As you slept, I began my assistence. You may not feel it, but right now, you are one with my swamp. You may move through it like water, and breathe within it like air. Though being surrounded by all but one side is the boon of the lycanthrope stronghold, it will also be their undoing. Simply find a way into the stronghold from the swamp."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 12:57 AM
Everyone is getting dressed and getting ready for the day.

Beren wrinkles his nose in disgust. Y'mean we're gonna have to swim through that filthy muck? Ugh! Miriam and Sorin are not too pleased with the idea either. Anna, however, is overjoyed.
Sweet! We're gonna go in through the swamp, hit 'em hard, rescue everyone, and vanish before they know what hit 'em!

We're not ready just yet. Elias turns to Shaman Fern. Thank you for your assistance, ma'am. May I ask, do you have a map of the lycan stronghold, and routes by which we can infiltrate it?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 10:11 AM
"Unfortunately, I do not. I do have a map of what the village looked like before the lycanthropes came. Elwin, give it to him."

And Elwin will do as such. And the DM will set about actually making a map to give to you :smallredface:

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 03:49 PM
The party studies the map carefully.
Well, that's a pretty li'l town. Wonder what mess those lycans have made of it.
Elias asks Shaman Fern, How far under the wall does the swamp extend where we can travel?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 03:53 PM
"There is a small path under the swamp that leads directly into this building" Shaman Fern replies, pointing a finger at the top left building. "The path is covered up, but you should be able to break through without much issue."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 04:02 PM
Should be simple enough for us to sneak in and occupy that building. Having a defensible position within the lycan camp would be a great advantage, an' if we're outmatched, we can go back the way we came.

Elias nods. Once we have a foothold, we can move outward, diminishing their numbers with hit-and-run tactics. It would not be easy for them to send in reinforcements to such an isolated location.

But we don't know how many of the lycans there are, or where they're keeping the prisoners.

However, we do have someone here who does know. Sorin's gaze turns toward the door, outside of which the wererat prisoners are being held.

And with that, we shall be off to interrogate them.

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 04:04 PM
Ok! After you leave the hutt, Shaman Fern wishes you good luck.
----------------

Outside the hut, sitting on the edge of the swamp, still wrapped up by reeds, are the two wererats. They've clearly been struggling, trying to get out, but haven't made any progress.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 04:10 PM
Beren chuckles. The shaman isn't going to let you go that easily. If you want to get out, you'll have to take it up with her. But first, we have a few questions to ask you.

Elias draws his fullblade, resting its silvered edge against the throats of both rats simultaneously. It would be in your best interest not to lie. How many men do you have at the encampment in the Blackfens?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 06:48 PM
Both of the wererats squeak rapidly as they try to tell you that they have no idea how many they have, and asking to please not be killed.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 06:57 PM
Miriam speaks gently, You have nothing to fear as long as you tell the truth.

Insight: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 06:59 PM
The wererats are a little soothed by Miriam's calm voice, and stop rambling. One of them says "I..I don't know how many we brought with us. I know we got more then we have fingers though!"

Miriam can tell that the wererat is telling the truth.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 07:38 PM
Miriam nods, and Elias loosens his grip a bit. Very well then. How many prisoners are in your encampment, and where are they being held?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 07:40 PM
"Fi-five elves, all innah garden. We put up a cage to put em in"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 08:00 PM
Insight from Miriam: [roll0]

Anna hurriedly chimes in, What do they look like? Tell me everything!

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 08:02 PM
"Th-they look like elves! Like you, only not!" the wererat says, a little frightened by Anna's forcefullness.

Miriam can tell that the wererat is quite afraid, but that he IS telling the truth.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 08:47 PM
Anna glares at the rat. More specific, please. How old? Male or female? Any distinguishing features?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 09:14 PM
"All girls! Looked young, like veal." the wererat answers. He then snaps his mouth shut, realizing what he said.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 10:13 PM
Anna draws her sword and presses it hard against the wererat's throat. Watch your mouth, rat. Are there no others?

Insight from Miriam: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 10:15 PM
"No others! No others!" the wererat shouts, quite terrafied.

Miriam can easily tell he's frightened half to death, but is telling the truth.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 10:24 PM
Miriam raises her hand. Anna, he's telling the truth!

Anna relents, sighing. She sheathes her scimitar and backs away without a word.

Elias takes over the interrogation once more. One last thing. Where in the camp can your boss be found?

LaZodiac
2012-06-11, 10:50 PM
"Boss Ironjaw says...says he likes the big tree."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-11, 10:58 PM
Thank you. Elias withdraws his sword and sheathes it. We will let Shaman Fern decide what to do with you. It is her home you tried to attack, after all.

The party returns to the hut. Anna is noticeably downcast, and Miriam places a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

He is alive, I know it, Anna whispers. But will we ever be able to find him? She raises her head. We'll rescue the prisoners, and we'll avenge the Tiri Kitor. Those lycans won't get away with this!

LaZodiac
2012-06-12, 04:30 PM
Ok. With that out of the way, shall we continue to our next destination?

Blue Ghost
2012-06-12, 04:35 PM
Hold on, we still have a few questions for Shaman Fern.

How long is the enchantment going to last?
We'll need a way to get the elves out of the camp. Would it be possible to give the enchantment to them somehow?
You have a lot of magic doodads here, dontcha? Any chance of lendin' us some for our mission?

LaZodiac
2012-06-12, 04:37 PM
"This enchantment will last you all a few days, though you can give it up to give it to someone else. And unfortunately, most of these totems are just for focusing and enhancing my power, and thus aren't to useful for your purposes."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-12, 04:45 PM
Seven of us, five elves to rescue. Looks like we'll have to fight our way out then.
Keep in mind that there are some of us who can climb walls.

I think planning phase should be finished now. We'll just wing it from here on out. The party bids Shaman Fern goodbye and heads off to the lycan encampment.

LaZodiac
2012-06-12, 06:56 PM
Ok! She bids you farewell as well.
---------------------

You find yourself just right of the swampy area on the map I provided for you (will mark it out if need by) when you first spot the stronghold. Through the thinning trees, you can see the tall, 20 feet walls that surrond the town, including the gate, closed. Two wereferrets in hoods, each with a bow, are walking along the gate, patrolling.

To your left is some trees that you imagine leads to some swamp lands. To your right is some trees that, according to the map Shaman Fern gave you, should lead to more of the village, which doesn't appear to be within the stronghold walls.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-12, 09:02 PM
You ready? Let's do this.
We hold our breaths and plunge into the murky depths of the swamp, and swim under the wall into the compound. Ryko surfaces first, his head rising above the water to glance around.

LaZodiac
2012-06-12, 09:04 PM
You swim through the fairly murky water, but easily find a small thunnel that leads, you assume, into the compound. When Ryko tries to surface, his head bumps againest some wood flooring.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-12, 09:20 PM
Lelastri signals for the others to stand back. Underneath the surface, he conjures up a globe of light and hurls it at the floorboard above, where it explodes in a radiant burst.

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 03:33 PM
Lelastri's attack blasts a hole through the floor, which you can all leave out of. You all come up in a relatively dark, small room which you'd imagine is a storage closet type area. There is a door at the front of it. You can hear some scrabbiling about. It seems someone may of heard the explosion (which was muffled by the swamp, of course, but they still may of heard it).

Map: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8553/emissarymap.png (Sorin is totally there to)

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 03:47 PM
We quickly emerge from the hole and get to work. Ryko begins sniffing around for hidden objects and secret passageways. Anna punches an impromptu spy hole in the door with her sword and peers outside.

Perception (Anna): [roll0]
Perception (Ryko): [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 03:49 PM
Ryko doesn't find any secret passages, but he does smell a combination of rat and wolf scents, which he barks to Anna. He also smells blood, though Anna is pretty sure why he does. As she stabs a spy hole into the door, she hears a scream. Looking through it she see's a wererat holding both paws to his eye. He shouts "In...intruders! Suprise attack, surprise attack!"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 03:57 PM
We've got company, guys.
Anna enlarges the hole slightly into an arrow slit, and signals Lelastri over. The drow points his rod at the slit, firing a blast of light (Dire Radiance) into any enemy he sees approaching. Meanwhile, Elias and Miriam secure the fortification on the door as well as they can.

If necessary:
Dire Radiance attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] radiant, and another [roll2] radiant if the target tries to approach.

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 04:05 PM
Lelastri's blast of light hits the wererat that Anna accidently struck, hurting him quite nicely.

Now would be a good time to roll initiative.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 04:07 PM
Ready for battle!

Anna: [roll0]

Beren: [roll1]

Elias: [roll2]

Lelastri: [roll3]

Miriam: [roll4]

Sorin: [roll5]

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 04:10 PM
Rolling my initiative as well!

Wererat: [roll0]

Hidden: [roll1]

Hidden: [roll2]

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 06:28 PM
The wererat that Anna accidently stabbed will scurry away, out of view!

There is then some more scurrying about that can be heard, including the opening of a door.

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 06:32 PM
Sorin and Elias stand in front of the door and take up battle positions, ready to strike at any enemy that comes in once the door falls. (Ready attacks: Cleave from Elias, and Riposte Strike from Sorin.)

From his position, Sorin glances through the hole and tries to take stock of the situation outside.

Perception: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately, Sorin can't see very much. He can definitly hear them preparing though. He hears someone in some heavy armor, probably carrying something large.

Beren's turn.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 06:45 PM
Beren, Miriam, and Lelastri all take up their positions behind Sorin and Elias, preparing for battle. (Ready Winged Horde, Astral Seal, and Dire Radiance, respectively.)
Anna stands back as well, and Ryko stands adjacent to Sorin, readying to jump on the first foe to come through the door.
And everyone will hold their positions until something happens.

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 06:51 PM
There is some more scurrying, and the sound of fairly large metal footsteps. Then something happens!

[roll0]

A halberd smashes into the right hand wall (your left considering where you all are) and tears a sizeable hole into it! Through this hole you can see a werewolf in heavy armor, weilding said halberd, a wererat in cloth armor holding a dagger, and two wererats in leather armor, both armed with daggers (one of them holding a hand to his eye, which you recognize as the one Anna stabbed). There are also three beds, and the room is fairly messy near the beds, implying people the lycanthropes had been sleeping here.

Map: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8553/emissarymap.png

I take it all your readied actions explode on them =p

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 07:51 PM
As the face of the werewolf appears, Sorin rams his rapier through it! (Riposte Strike)

Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Damage: [roll1]

Meanwhile, the werewolf is hit by a ray of golden light from Miriam's staff... (Astral Seal)

Attack: [roll2] vs. Reflex
Hit: -2 to defenses for one round, next creature to hit it heals 4HP, and Lelastri gains 3 temporary HP

As well as a more sinister shaft of silver light from Lelastri's rod. (Dire Radiance)

Attack: [roll3] vs. Fortitude:
Damage: [roll4] radiant damage, and another [roll5] if the werewolf moves closer in.

Meanwhile, Beren conjures up an orb of black smoke in his hand and throws it out the hole, where it erupts in a terrifying cloud of shadowy claws and tendrils. (Winged Horde)

Attack:
On the werewolf: [roll6] vs. Will
On the cloth-wearing wererat: [roll7] vs. Will
On the wererat in front: [roll8] vs. Will
Damage: [roll9] psychic, and target cannot make opportunity attacks for the round.

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 09:51 PM
Beren's winged horrors hit the werewolf and the two wererats! The wererat is cloth falls to the ground, dead. The other two grimace in pain as they are hit!

Miriam's astral seal burns itself into the werewolves chest! Lelastri's shot misses, unfortunately, as does Sorin's thrust.

Wererat's turn, and the wererat with the stabbed eye, seeing the chaos at the front, heads to the door and opens it. This trigger's Anna's and Elias's readied actions!

The other Wererat, that got hit by the winged horrors of Beren, stays where it is, not seeing a good avenue of attack.

Also, you all notice that the door at the other end of the room is open.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 09:57 PM
Upon opening the door, the wererat comes face to face with a hulking dragonborn wielding a massive silvered sword.
Hello.
The sword falls!

And at the same time, a snarling wolf pounces upon the hapless rat, tearing into its flesh.

Attack: [roll2] vs. AC
Damage: [roll3]

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 10:21 PM
Elias's blade sinks into the wererat's flesh, wounding it quite heavily. Ryko's attack, unfortunately, misses!

The wererat finishes his turn by retaliating, trying to stab at Elias!

Elias: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage if it hits!

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 10:25 PM
As the rat raises his blade to retaliate, Sorin takes advantage of the opening, whirling around to pierce the rat with a rapid thrust of his rapier. Immediate interrupt: Darting Strike.

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack damage.

The rat's aim is good, and Elias takes a hit, but Sorin is ready, and his rapier flashes again. Riposte Strike.

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] plus [roll5] sneak attack damage.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 10:26 PM
If the second attack missed, reroll with Elven Accuracy.

[roll0] vs. AC

LaZodiac
2012-06-13, 10:29 PM
Sorin's interrupt tears into the Wererat, that bloodies him! His second strike is a little off, but with his elven precision he redirects the thrust, stabbing the wererat in the other eye, taking the last of his sight, and the wererat's life!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-13, 10:40 PM
Sorin steps past Ryko and over the carcass of the slain wererat, taking a position against the wall outside the tiny room.

Miriam delays her action.

While the werewolf is clawing at the illusory shadows that Beren conjured, Lelastri slips out the door and takes his position besides Sorin. He points his rod at the remaining wererat and whispers a phrase in an alien tongue, conjuring a crystal of pure mental energy and sending his victim stumbling into a vision of the apocalypse. Cry of Pandorym.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Will
Damage: [roll1], and grants combat advantage and is slowed for one round.

Minor action: Place Warlock's Curse on the werewolf.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 03:03 PM
The Wererat squeals as Lelastri's word rip into its brain!

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 03:48 PM
With a gesture, Beren sends his unseen servant to the door, slamming it shut and holding it there. He turns to the werewolf and grins. Nope, no reinforcements comin' in. Just you, me, and this giant spider right here.
As he speaks, a monstrous black spider materializes before him, leaps through the hole, latches onto the werewolf's face and sends him staggering back a pace before vanishing.

Phantom Assault.

Damage: [roll1], and pushed one square.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 03:55 PM
Beren's phantasm knocks the Werewolf back, and he growls in pain, with a mix of fear. However, he straightens himself up, and takes a step down to be infront of the wererat. He'll then lash out at Sorin with his Halberd from two squares away, with a powerful strike!

Sorin: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage and knocked prone, if it hits.

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 04:16 PM
Elias steps through the doorway, sword raised, poised to strike. But instead of swinging, he blasts the werewolf with a gout of flame from his mouth!
Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex

Taking advantage of the smoke, Elias shifts and strikes with a hefty swing of his sword that sends the werewolf reeling forward, into Ryko's waiting jaws.
Footwork Lure.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3], Elias shifts 1 square south, and slides the werewolf to the square he left, in front of the doorway.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 04:28 PM
Elias's quick swordsmenship works, hitting the werewolf, his flesh sizzling slightly as the silver burns him! The werewolf is slammed into Elias's spot! Also the dragon breath burnt the werewolf quite nicely.

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 04:37 PM
Miriam makes her move now! She speaks in a firm voice, Pelor judges you under his holy light!
A flash of radiant light blinds the werewolf, sending him stumbling backward, and giving the party another chance to strike!
Cause Fear.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Will. (+4 from Heroic Effort.)
Hit: The target flees, provoking opportunity attacks from Elias, Sorin, and Ryko.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately, Miriam's unable to make the werewolf run away in fear. But with a surge of heroic effort, she manages to burn her fear into the werewolf! It runs for the door!

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 04:54 PM
Taking advantage of openings in the blinded werewolf's defense, Elias strikes with deadly force!
[roll0] vs. AC

Ryko leaps upon the creature and bites viciously!
[roll2] vs. AC

Sorin, beginning to recover from his stumble, jabs his rapier upward toward the werewolf's leg!

[roll4] vs. AC
Damage: [roll5] plus [roll6] sneak attack.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 04:57 PM
Elias's blow slams into the werewolve's back, causing it to stumble as it tries to retreat. Ryko's fangs tear into the werewolf's neck and bring it to the ground, dead.

The wererat, the only remaining enemy, looks at the group in sheer terror.

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 05:02 PM
Anna smiles with relish as she brings her scimitar forward, charging forward along with Ryko to bring down the hapless rat. How does it feel, rat, to be facing someone who can fight back?

Minor action: Hunter's Quarry.

Anna's attack: [roll0] vs. AC

Ryko's attack: [roll2] vs. AC

If either attack hits, an additional [roll4] damage from Hunter's Quarry.

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 05:04 PM
Anna's scimitar and Ryko's fangs rip into the wererat, tearing a bloody swathe through it! It is now severly bloodied

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 05:07 PM
As the rat picks up his weapon to attack, Anna brings her scimitar down again in a frenzied strike. (Spend an action point to Combined Attack again.)

Attack: [roll0]
If that misses, Elven Accuracy reroll. [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If somehow that missed, Ryko attacks: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

LaZodiac
2012-06-14, 05:09 PM
With her final blow, Anna cleaves the wererat in half, should to waist. It falls to the ground in two bloody pieces!

There is some banging on the door, and the sound of someone trying to open it. The encounter is essentialy over, but more could be on the way.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-14, 05:21 PM
Let 'em in.

Everyone takes their position in the corner of the room, right outside the tiny chamber where they came in, and prepares to attack. On Beren's command, the unseen servant releases the door.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 05:04 PM
The door swings open as the unseen servent releases the door! In the room storms four wererats in cloth armor, two werecats in loose, revealing leather armor (each armed with a short sword) and another werewolf guard. The wererat minion at the front of the pack shouts "There! There! Intruders!"

Map: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8553/emissarymap.png

Now would likely be initiative time.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 05:07 PM
How nice. We've got company. En garde, villains.

Beren: [roll1]
Miriam: [roll3]
Lelastri: [roll4]
Sorin: [roll5]

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 05:37 PM
Werecat Striders: [roll0]
Werewolf Guard: [roll1]
Wererat Minions: [roll2]

Anna goes first!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 05:41 PM
Anna's shield glows a verdant green, bestowing its protective enchantment up on Elias.

Go get 'em, Ryko!
The wolf charges forward, his fangs sinking into the werecat's flesh.

Minor action: Shield of protection on self and Elias.
Ryko charges to F3 and attacks the werecat at G2.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 05:42 PM
Ryko's fangs sink into the werecat's flesh, causing her to hiss in pain!

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 05:50 PM
Elias charges forward, catching the werecat in front a hefty blow with his blade, deflecting her sword and sending it slamming into the wererat next to her.

Move to F4.
Cleave on the werecat at G4.
Damage: [roll1], and 4 damage to the adjacent wererat.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 05:54 PM
The werecat lets out a pained screech as Elias's silver blade burns across her chest, causing quite a bit of damage. The wererat is run through the throat and dies, still squeaking about intruders.

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 06:01 PM
Beren twirls his orb, and a mirror image of Elias appears on the other side of Ryko, opening its mouth to let out a gout of fire, which really burns thanks to Beren's mastery of illusion and mind.

Minor action: Spectral Image to create an illusion of Elias on F2.
Standard Action: Winged Horde (illusion of a fire blast).

Attacks:
G2: [roll0]
G4: [roll1]
H3: [roll2]
I2: [roll3]
I3: [roll4]
I4: [roll5]

Damage: [roll6], and targets cannot take opportunity actions.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 06:02 PM
Critical hit on the werewolf! Rolling crit damage:

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 06:21 PM
The illusiary flame causes the wererat minions to drop dead, while only one of the Werecats gets hurt, batting at her face to get rid of the flames that aren't there! She is now bloodied! The werewolf grunts as he takes critical hit full on, hair rising with Beren's magical might working over him.

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 06:27 PM
Miriam delays, waiting for Sorin to get into the battle.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 06:44 PM
The first werecat, recoiling in fear and hurting badly, uses Rushing Dervish, swinging her short sword at Ryko and her long sword at Elias, then moves back to I1. Elias and Ryko get an opp attack, but as she spins backward, her armor whips around, concealing her. (Basically she gets a +5 to defenses againest opportunity attacks).

Ryko: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage if it hits

[roll3] damage if it hits.

The other werecat uses Rushing Dervish as well, attacking Ryko with her short sword and Sorin with her longsword, and diving through the hole in the wall, ending her movement on C1. She draws opportunity from Ryko, Elias, and Sorin, though only after the attack againest Ryko.

Ryko: [roll4] vs AC

[roll5] damage if it hits

Sorin: [roll6]

[roll7] damage if it hits.

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 06:52 PM
The first werecat's longsword scratches Elias's armor, but the short sword pierces Ryko's fur, drawing blood. As she retreats, Elias and Ryko try to bring her down.

Ryko's attack: [roll0]

Elias's attack: [roll2]

The other werecat's short sword goes for Ryko's throat, and would have killed him had not Miriam acted quickly, throwing a prayer his way. As it stands, the blade narrowly misses Ryko's throat, instead leaving him with a heavy bleeding gash on his shoulder blade. (Shield of Devotion, healing Ryko for 5 HP, letting him survive the attack with 2 HP.)
Ryko and Elias take their opportunity attacks.

Ryko: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Elias: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

If Elias misses, the werecat runs past him, taking a stab at Sorin along the way, which Sorin easily dodges and ripostes.

Sorin's attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 06:54 PM
And the werecat does not get to complete her diving maneuver, for a well-timed swing from Ultima cuts her off.

Critical damage roll: [roll0] plus [roll1]

Scratch that, Elias wasn't in range, so the werecat gets a free pass.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 07:11 PM
Ryko's fangs miss the first werecat, tearing some of its armor superficialy. Elias's blade, however, strikes true, causing her to stumble but not dropping her.

The other werecat is less lucky, hit by both Ryko and Sorin, but she manages to get past, though bloodied.

Sorin's turn now!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 07:18 PM
Anna calls out in worry, seeing Ryko injured so badly, but Miriam is already in action, moving forward (to E3) and healing Ryko with a touch. (One Healing Word automatically brings Ryko to full HP.)
She raises her staff and calls forth a wave of radiant light that washes over the room. Ryko and Elias begin glowing with the light of Pelor, while the same light sends the two lycans cowering.

Hymn of Resurgence.
Attack on the werecat: [roll0] vs. Fort
Attack on the werewolf: [roll1] vs. Fort
Hit: Take -2 to defenses, and fall prone when next hit.
Elias and Ryko gain 5 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 07:28 PM
Her hym hits both the werecat and the werewolf, who clearly start to stagger as the music impacts them.

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 07:46 PM
Taking advantage of the distractions afforded by Anna's song and Beren's illusory fireblast, Sorin darts across the room, taking up a flanking position with Elias (H4). He lunges at the weakened werecat, going in for the kill.

Riposte Strike.
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack damage.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 07:51 PM
Sorin's rapier thrust misses, piercing her armor but not striking her flesh.

The Werewolf guard, faced with the elf infront of him, shifts down to I4, and swings his halberd down at him in a Powerful Strike!

Sorin: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage and knocked prone if he hits!

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 07:57 PM
Sorin goes down hard under the brutal blow. He is now bloodied.

--

Lelastri strolls calmly forward, leveling his rod at the werecat, and chanting a spell. A dark energy surges forth, blasting the foe with numbing cold.

Move to E4.
Place warlock's curse on the werecat on G4.
Attack with Frigid Darkness.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude.
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage.

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 08:00 PM
The werecat lets out a scream as Lelastri's frigid darkness kills her. She falls to the ground, half frozen.

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-15, 08:06 PM
Sorin!
Anna throws a wave of primal magic over Sorin, closing his wounds. She directs Ryko forward, cornering the werewolf.

Minor action: Healing Word on Sorin, healing [roll0] HP.
Ryko charges the werewolf.

Attack: [roll1] vs. AC
Damage: [roll2]

LaZodiac
2012-06-15, 08:08 PM
Ryko tears at the Werewolves chest! He growls in pain, now bloodied by the fierce bites.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-16, 01:13 AM
According to the initiative count, Elias should be next.

Elias charges forward, following up Ryko's charge with a swift stroke of the sword.

Can you post the map please? I forgot to save it. :smallredface:

LaZodiac
2012-06-16, 07:46 PM
Elias swings his fullblade with full force, decapitating the Werewolf where he stands. His body stays standing, blood flowing from the stump, and falls, the head landing briefly thereafter.

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 01:35 AM
Beren smiles at the last remaining enemy, and gives her a quick psychic push toward the swamp.

Phantom Bolt.
Damage: [roll1] psychic, and push to B1.

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 01:38 AM
The werecat lets out a shout as she's sent into the swamp. She manages to stay alive, attempting to stay standing in the swamp.

Her turn! She drops her swords, still trying to get out of the swamp. "Pl..please, I surrender." she growls, clearly scared by the situation she's in.

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 01:43 AM
As the others advance on the werecat, Miriam holds up her hands. Stop! She's surrendered! We don't need to hurt her!
If she's really surrendered, Elias securely binds her to the wall, while Anna and Sorin toss the bodies of the foes into the swamp. You're gonna stay out of our way, y'hear?

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 01:45 AM
"I-I will, I swear." The werecat answers, allowing Elias to tie her up, though with some minor resistence.

Also, I'd like an insight check from Anna. Either that or history.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 01:46 AM
Anna Insight: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 01:48 AM
Anna realizes that, behind the more feline sounding voice of the werecat is an elf. It reminds her of the faint accent the Tiri Kitor elves had.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 01:53 AM
Anna gasps. Guys, I- I think she's an elf!

What does Anna know about lycanthropy?

Nature check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 01:56 AM
Anna knows that Lycanthropy can be transmitted from werecreatures to others. It's rare, unless the lycanthrope is intentionaly trying to change you. She knows it gives you a weakness to silver and the moon can cause some psyche problems if you're not careful. She also knows that contrary to legend, Werecreatures can change from a half beast half humanoid form to their original humanoid form, or a full beast form.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 02:09 AM
Anna signals for Miriam to go talk to her. Miriam walks up to the werecat, trying to be gentle with her. What's your name?

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 02:13 AM
"I..my name is Tella." The werecat says, and Miriam can tell she's quite nervous, occasionaly making glances toward the door, and to the broken floor that leads to the swamp with the corpses in it.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 02:27 AM
Don't worry, we won't hurt you. My name is Miriam. We're here to rescue the Tiri Kitor.

Does Anna recognize the name?

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 02:30 AM
She vaguely does, yes. She remembers a set of triplets who called themselves the Leaf Hider's, doing silly prankster tricks and the like, though she can't recall their first names. A history check may be able to help her remember, though.

The werecat stares into Miriam's eyes "Th...thank you. I'd advise...running. More may arrive soon. Thankfully, Rateye, the wererat, he only grabbed the first of us that he saw, and didn't..didn't tell us what the situation was untill we got here."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 02:35 AM
History check from Anna: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 02:36 AM
On thinking for it a bit, Anna is confident that atleast one of them was infact named Tella. Judging by the werecat, she also looks to be about the right age.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 02:41 AM
Anna draws closer to the werecat. Tella Leafswirl? Is that you?

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 02:42 AM
The werecat looks up at Anna "Y-yes! How do you know my...name?" she asks, pausing a bit as though she herself is starting to realize it.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-17, 02:45 AM
I'm Anna Whiterose. We met five years ago, remember? What happened to you, Tella?

LaZodiac
2012-06-17, 02:50 AM
Tella's ears perk up "A..Anna? It's really you, isn't it.." she looks at herself, and takes a deep breath. She turns from werecat to elf, though small traces of her true form are obvious. The cat like eyes, a more feline face, stuff like that. Most tellingly, there is a faded bite mark on her thigh. "They..the werewolves attacked. Only me, my sisters, and two young girls survived. We..managed to kill a few. The leader, not the boar that leads us now, but a lion, said he felt potential in us. Said..the girls would be safe if we joined them. The werecat you killed was the one who turned us."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 09:48 PM
Concern shows in Anna's features. Where are they now, are they all right?

Beren strokes his chin, formulating an idea. Say, how'd you like to help us rescue your sisters and your friends, and take back this camp?

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 09:51 PM
"My sisters are fine. Both of them are currently guarding Ironjaw. The other prisoners are in a cage the werewolves brought with them, which hey put in our small garden" she answers. She then looks at Beren "Yes, I...really do want to help. How can I?"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 10:33 PM
All right, here's the plan. We got in here by a spell that allows us to walk through the swamp. We can transfer the spell to the prisoners, and get 'em out through the swamp, the way we came. You can take us to the prison compound, pretendin' we're captured prisoners, an' we'll get 'em out in no time. An' then, you go talk to your sisters, an' get 'em in on the plan. With them on our side, we'll take out Lord Ironjaw in no time. How about it?

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 11:04 PM
Tella thinks for a moment. "Are..are you sure this will work? It seems quite risky"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 11:10 PM
Nothing great is accomplished without risk, my friend. But I trust that we can do it.

Insight from Miriam to see how Tella feels, whether she has any loyalty to the lycans, or is hiding anything.
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 11:11 PM
Miriam is confident that Tella is on your side. She has some doubts about the plan, but as she herself is about to tell you, she'll trust your judgement.

Tela lets out a deep breath, and changes shape back into her werecat form. "Ok, I'll trust your guidance."

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 11:18 PM
Anna cuts the rope from Tella and hugs her. I'm so glad you're okay. Once we get out of here, we'll find a way to change you back.

We'll take a short rest and gain our XP before continuing.

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 11:22 PM
Tella is a little unsure of what to do, but hugs back hessitently.

After your short rest, in which you also gain an additional 100 xp each, Tella goes to work tying you up with rope from the werewolf guard. She's careful to tie it so that you guys can escape when needed, but that you look like you're actually tied up. "Are you guys ready?"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 11:30 PM
Anna nods confidently. Ready! Lead the way, Tella!

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 11:37 PM
After tying everyone up, and together so they form a slave chain like pattern, Tella walks out of the building with the lot of you in tow. The archers on the wall are the frist to react, both of the wereferrets drawing back their bows. However, at a hand signal from Tella, they stand down. To a degree.

Walking through the taken over village, you see how much Ironjaw's forces have changed it. There are the occasional bit of ground tore up as if from fighting. The occasional bone, or piece of wooden wreakage, dot the area. As you pass by the first of the two big trees, you spy that there are two werewolf guards guarding that area's ground floor. You also see that there is a vine connecting the two trees, and a metal board connecting a house to the first tree. Near that house, in a ruined garden, a bit north of a fire place with a small handful of werecreatures sleeping or eating. In the middle of this garden is the jail cell, cobbled together by metal rods and sheets that they must of brought with them. Guarding the cell are two werecats that look remarkably similiar to Tella. Inside are two young elf girls, no more then 5 or 6 years of age. One of the werecats calls out "Tella. You've..got prisoners?"

Blue Ghost
2012-06-24, 11:43 PM
Anna nods to Tella discreetly, signaling her to go to tell them.

LaZodiac
2012-06-24, 11:49 PM
Tella walks up to her sisters and says, in a voice barely above a whisper "These are prisoners in name only. They are here to get the girls out, and to help cure us of..this. Just play along."

For a brief, tense moment, nothing happens. Then one of the sisters nods her head slightly, and whispers back "Ok". She then says, louder "Prisoners, is it. Good job. When we're prepared, we'll send you to get Ironjaw, for the inspection."

To this, Tella nods and says "Ok" and hands the rope off to her sister. They move you into the jail cell, the elf girls moving up againest the corner as the door is opened, then easing up as its closed. One of the sister's goes to lock it, but you can all see quite clearly that she fakes it, leaving the door unlocked. Tella then heads off to be near the fireplace, but not to close as to attract attention.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 01:29 PM
Elias and Miriam draw near to the children, laying hands on them comfortingly. It'll be okay. We'll be out of here soon. At the same time, they transfer their swampwalking enchantments to the children.

After taking stock of the situation, Beren holds a conference with the party and the Leafswirl sisters. Alrighty, here's the plan. We have seven of these enchantments that let us swim through the swamps. Two of 'em will go to the girls, three for you three lovely ladies, and the last two for me and Lelastri. I'm gonna make a ghost sound to distract the guards on the wall and get their attention off us. Tella, you go distract the boss chappie, keep 'im out of the battle for as long as you can, but do not, I repeat, do not blow your cover and endanger yourself by doing so. Better to let 'im join the fight than to risk your life. You two other ladies, you go to the crowd down there and distract 'em while we get into position. Lelastri an' I will climb that there ladder with the girls and see 'em off. Hold 'em off until we're ready, or as long as possible, and once the battle starts, you two try to kill one or two of the sleepin' ones. Then get back here, an' go up the ladder and follow the girls into the swamp. They'll need someone to protect 'em out here. The rest of us will then take out the lycans, an' walk out of the camp with ol' Irontrousers' tusks. Got it?

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 03:33 PM
The three sisters nod in approval. The children have a bit of trouble understanding the full implication of Beren's plan, but they look much happier now.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 04:06 PM
Beren snaps his fingers, and a low moaning starts up somewhere beyond the south wall. Hopefully, the ferret guards will turn away, allowing the transfer to take place. Sorin transfers his enchantment to Tella, and Anna and Ryko transfer theirs to Rella and Sella.

Let's go for it. Ladies, off to your posts. Kids, you just follow my lead, kay?

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 04:12 PM
At the sound of Beren's ghost sound, the two ferrets quickly turn and take up battle positions, looking around for what made the sound. I assume it's a moaning, zombie like sound, so they are clearly a little concerned.

Tella heads off, climbing the long ladder that leads to the lone building in a tree. While she does that, the other two head down to the fireplace area and start making small talk with the awake werewolves, distracting them. Miriam is pretty confident that they'll be able to sneak the children out without being spotted.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 04:18 PM
The party quietly takes up their weapons and gear. Beren and Lelastri lead the children up the ladder, Beren in front, and Lelastri in back. Once successfully up on the wall, Beren whispers to the children, Jump into the swamp when I give the shout, kay?

Once the children are up on the walltop, everyone else will start making their way toward the lycans, weapons ready.

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 04:30 PM
Everyone gathers their weapons easily, and the children get up onto the wall without to much difficulty. Everything is now in place.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 05:48 PM
As everything falls into place, Beren gives the signal. Now!

At this point, Rella and Sella should attack, and the children jump over the wall. Will continue my turn on the assumption that that happens.

Beren points his finger at the firepit, and the flames appear to erupt outward.
Winged Horde, centered at O7.
Attacks:
O7: [roll0] vs. Will
N8: [roll1] vs. Will
P8: [roll2] vs. will
Damage: [roll3] psychic, and the target cannot take opportunity actions for one round.

Anna flourishes her scimitar, and the ground under the southern firepit erupts in grasping roots, seeking the blood of their defilers.
Earth Roots, creating a zone centered on M0. Enemies starting their turn in the zone are slowed.
Attacks:
L1: [roll4] vs. Fortitude.
M1: [roll5] vs. Fortitude.
Damage: [roll6] damage.

Miriam raises her staff, and a soft golden glow surrounds her allies.
Shield of Faith (give all allies +2 AC for the encounter)

Lelastri points his staff at the wererabbit, uttering words of fell power that cast it into a shadowy void.
Frigid Darkness, attack the wererabbit at P8.
Attack: [roll7] vs. Fortitude
Damage: [roll8] cold damage, and target grants combat advantage and takes -1 to AC for one round.

Sorin bounds in toward the same wererabbit, his rapier dealing vengeance.
Charge to P7, attack the wererabbit at P8.
Attack: [roll9] vs. AC
Damage: [roll10] plus [roll11] sneak attack.

Elias charges in with a mighty battle cry. Eeeulaliaaaaa, fang and thundeeeer!
Charge to L9, attack the werewolf at K9.
Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

And now for initiative!
Anna: [roll14]
Beren: [roll15]
Elias: [roll16]
Lelastri: [roll17]
Miriam: [roll18]
Sorin: [roll19]

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 05:52 PM
As the rapier starts to slip in his grip, Sorin quickly readjusts and continues with the attack.
(Reroll with Elven Accuracy.)

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 06:22 PM
As the children jump off the wall, Beren's spell slays the two wererats he targetted, one of them dropping to the ground, the other never even waking from it's sleep. The wererabbit shrieks as the fires seem to lap at her, clearly hurting her psyche.

Anna's roots grasp at the sleeping werewolf deceiver and wererat, breaking the wererats neck and pulling at the werewolf, clearly breaking the skin with how strong they pull at him.

The wererabbit Lelastri's spell targets is able to resist the freezing pain of it, and is thus not effected.

Sorin's blow hits dead on, piercing the wererabbit through her armor and jabbing out her back. The wererabbit lets out a grunt of pain, and is now bloodied.

Finally, with a mighty blow, Elias's sword slams into the werewolf deceiver, leaving a bloody scar on his chest, burnt and black from the silver.
---------------------------------------

Now for the Leafswirl sisters, who spring into action! Both of them using Rushing Dervish, moving and doing an attack with both longsword and short sword during the movement, with a +2 to speed

Rella's longsword coup de grace's the sleeping werewolf scavanger for 1d8+4 damage, inflicting 12 damage apon him. Her shortsword attack will be made againest the werewolf deceiver that Elias attacked.

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage if it hits.

She'll then move to O4 with the rest of the action.

Rella then attacks. Her shortsword will flash out at the wererat closest to her!

[roll2] vs AC. If it hits dead because minion.

She'll then move over to J12, taking her longsword swing at the sleeping werewolf deceiver, inflicting 12 damage to him!

Meanwhile, by this point Tella has entered Ironjaw's building.

Initiative time! All the sleeping guys wake up if they were attacked and the noise is so clamours that the others wake up as well.

Leafswirl Siblings: [roll3]

Wererat Minions: [roll4]
Werewolf Scavenger: [roll5]
Werewolf Deceiver: [roll6]
Wererabbit Medic: [roll7]

Werewolf Guards that are currently off screen, six squares away from the current map: [roll8]

Wereferret archers that are currently 6/17 squares away from combat: [roll9]

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 06:29 PM
Rella's blade hits the deceiver, striking a long cut over his face. Sella's blade pierces the wererat's heart, killing him instantly.

Initiative order

Sorin 25
Wererat Minions 25
Elias 23
Werewolf Deceiver 19
Wererabbit Medic 18
Werecat Striders 15
Werewolf Scavenger 11
Anna 10
Wereferret Archers 9
Lelastri 9
Beren 7
Werewolf Guards 7
Miriam 5

So Sorin is first!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 06:47 PM
As Lelastri's spell fails, the dark energy of the stars rebounds on him, wearing him down slightly. He raises his rod in preparation to cast the spell again. (Sacrifice to Caiphon; take 3 damage to recover the spell.)

Sorin lunges with his rapier aggressively, aiming to take down the wererabbit with a fierce thrust. For the Tiri Kitor!

(Spend an action point to attack the wererabbit with Riposte Strike, gaining +4 damage from Elias's Bravura Presence.)

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack.

(Rest of turn to come after I see the outcome of the attack.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 06:56 PM
Sorin's thrust pierces the wererabit again, this time in the heart. She stares at Sorin with shock at how vicious his attack is, bloody dripping from her mouth, and she drops to the ground, dead.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 07:02 PM
Not stopping to savor his kill, Sorin pulls his blade out and bounds across the battlefield, stabbing his sword into the back of the werewolf facing Elias.
(Tumble to J9, Riposte Strike against the deceiver.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 07:11 PM
Sorin darts behind the werewolf deceiver and stabs at him, cutting another line across his face.

Now for the wererats! The wererat closest to Sorin shifts to I9 and stabs at him with a dagger!

[roll0] vs AC. 2 damage if it hits!

The other one attacks Sella!

[roll1] vs AC, 2 damage if it hits.

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 07:20 PM
Elias yells, Heads up, Sorin! as he breathes out a blast of flame.

Attacks (Vs. Reflex):
Scavenger: [roll0]
Deceiver: [roll1]
Wererat: [roll2]
Sorin: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] fire.

He shifts his position toward the firepit, launching a barrage of furious slashes, while calling out to Sella, Pull back!

(Shift to L8, Hack and Hew against the deceiver and scavenger.)

Attack vs. Deceiver: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
If that hits: Attack vs. the Scavenger: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

(May continue with an action point, depending on how the attack goes.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 09:04 PM
Elias's blast of fire misses the two werewolves, but the wererat is roasted to death, and Sorin is burnt. The werewolf scavenger manages to duck Elias's blade, but he manages to catch another blade swipe across the Deceiver's chest. He's clearly quite hurt, but not yet bloodied.

Sella will shout to Elias "I will when I can!"

Now for the deceiver's turn! The one that Elias is fighting with doesn't regen, but the other one does.

The one fighting Elias shifts back to K10 and lets out a howl at Sorin and Elias!

Sorin: [roll0] vs Fort

Elias: [roll1] vs Fort

[roll2] thunder damage and you fall prone if hit.

The other one with cast Gaze of Sleep on Sella!

[roll3] vs will. If it hits, she falls unconcious, save ends.

Next is the Wererabbit Medics, but I'll wait untill the results for the attack on Sorin and Elias.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 10:08 PM
The werewolf does not find escaping easy with Elias's sword hounding him. As he starts to move, Elias catches him a blow with the sword.
(Combat Challenge attack.)

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 10:12 PM
Furthermore, as the wolf opens its mouth to howl, Sorin takes the opportunity to lunge at it again!

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 10:24 PM
Elias's opportunity attack strikes hard, and Soren's rapier pierces the jaw of the werewolf, snapping his jaw shut and ending his life!

The wererabbit medic looks at the fighting and seems paniced. She takes a step forward to , and uses Healing Word on the remaining Deceiver, healing him for 13 plus [roll0]!

She'll then H10, and fire at Sorin with her hand crossbow.

Sorin: [roll1] vs AC

[roll2] damage if it hits.

Now for the Leafswirl siblings!

----------------

Sella will attack the Wererat minion infront of her!

[roll3] vs AC. Dead if hit because minion. If she hits, she'll move to F11. She misses, so no move.

Rella I4, then charge to J6, attacking the werewolf scavenger with her longsword!

[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage if it hits.

Then we have the Werewolf Scavanger, who's turn I'll do after work.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 10:49 PM
Sorin winces as he takes a crossbow bolt through his shoulder, bloodied.

Elias shouts irately at Rella, What are you doing? You're supposed to go and protect the children!

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 10:54 PM
Rella looks back at Elias "They killed our family, our friends, turned us into these..these monstrous forms! We'll go protect the children, but atleast let us stay for a while longer" she says, essentialy saying that on their next turn, they'll do an attack and then try to leave from then on.

Meanwhile, the Werewolf Scavenger attacks Elias with his bite, annoyed by being marked by him and clearly wanting to eat Rella.

[roll1] damage

Anna's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 10:57 PM
Also, forgot to reroll for regetting Gaze of Sleep [roll0] 5 or 6, it recharges.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 11:04 PM
You vermin will pay for what you did to the Tiri Kitor!
Anna's eyes flare, and vines wrap around the scavenger's legs and pull him through the firepit. (to L9.)
Then Anna and Ryko, moving as one, close in on the werewolf deceiver, scimitar whirling, fangs bared. Take that! And that!
(Anna moves to N11 through O10 and Ryko to N10, then Combined Attack on the deceiver.)

Anna's attack: [roll0] vs. AC

Ryko's attack: [roll2] vs. AC

LaZodiac
2012-06-25, 11:09 PM
As Anna pulls the scavenger through the fire, he gets attacked by it!

Fire!: [roll0] vs reflex
[roll1] fire damage if it hits.

Afterward's, Anna and Ryko attack the deceiver! Anna's blade misses, but Ryko's fangs sink into his thigh!

The Wereferret's go. The both of them appear at A13 and A14, which isn't visible on the map but will be next time I give the map. They can't attack yet though!

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 11:12 PM
Lelastri runs a length down the wall (to R9). He points his rod at the werewolf deceiver. The judgment of the stars has befallen you. You are unworthy to live.
A blue orb appears over the werewolf's head before exploding in a burst of utter cold.

Warlock's Curse on the werewolf deceiver, then Frigid Darkness.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort
Damage: [roll1] cold plus [roll2], and grants combat advantage and -1 AC for one round.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-25, 11:23 PM
If you lasses are too stubborn to come up here, at least be good enough to hit 'em!

Beren throws a handful of colored dust in the air, and as it falls on the werewolves, it appears to turn into a hail of spears that pin them to the ground.
(Maze of Mirrors, then action point for Winged Horde, both on the two werewolves.)

Maze of Mirrors:
vs. Scavenger: [roll0] vs. Will.
vs. Deceiver: [roll1] vs. Will.
Hit: -4 to attacks and immobilized for one round.
Miss: Slowed for one round.

Winged Horde:
vs. Scavenger: [roll2] vs. Will.
vs. Deceiver: [roll3] vs. Will.
Hit: [roll4] psychic, and cannot take opportunity actions for one round.

Beren then scampers further south along the wall, to R9.

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 03:56 PM
Lelastri's dark spell slams into the deceiver, the cold chilling him and breaking his skin! He is now bloodied.

Both of Beren's spells hit, entraping the scavenger and the deceiver, and causing mental trauma! The scavenger claws at his face, now bloodied and you can tell the deceiver is barely left standing.

Meanwhile, the Werewolf Guards, in their armor and halberds, show up at A1 and A2!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 04:23 PM
Miriam delays her move until after Sorin's turn.

Sorin steps and feints, catching the werewolf off guard and delivering a vicious lunge.
(Shift to K10, Acrobatic Strike to shift to L10, flank with Elias, and attack.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 04:28 PM
Sorin's deft blow tears into the werewolf scavenger, leaving him bloodied, a long line of blood across his back!

Now for Miriam!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 04:41 PM
Miriam runs into the battle (to K6). Sorin, catch!
She raises her staff and prays to Pelor, creating a golden glow that surrounds Sorin and heals his wounds.
(Healing Word.)
Heal: [roll0], and +2 to defenses against the next attack.

She turns the staff to the werewolf, and just as it is about to strike Sorin, strikes it with a blind panic.
(Cause Fear.)

Attack: [roll1] vs. Will.

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately, Miriam's divine spell misses!

Now for the wererats! The only remaining one stabs at Sella!

[roll0] vs ac, 2 damage if hit!

Elias's turn.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 04:45 PM
With a mighty roar, Elias brings his sword down upon the werewolf for a killing blow.

(To continue after attack result.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 04:47 PM
And a killing blow he gets, fullblade tearing into the scavenger's shoulder, coming out at the oppisite side hip. The two halves of the werewolf flop to the ground!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 04:50 PM
Who's next, vermin? Come and taste my blade!
Elias charges toward the next group of opponents with a mighty blow.
(Use Who's Next? to shift to H11, and spend an action point to attack the wererabbit with Cleave.)

Damage: [roll1], and the wererat falls. Elias then grants combat advantage to the wererabbit for the next round.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 04:52 PM
CRIT DAMAGE: [roll0] plus [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 05:07 PM
With a vicious swing, the wererabbit is nearly sliced in twain, the fullblade carving a bloody scar across her body. The back swing of the fullblade obliterates the wererat, bone, blood, and meat flying back through sheer force of the blow.

The deceiver's turn, and after seeing the display of Elias's force, he drops to his knees in fear.

The medic is not so scared, though she is clearly hurting. She uses Emergency Healing as a minor to heal herself for 5 hp, then she'll swing her spear at Elias to try and fight him off! While doing so, she screams "G-get back!"

[roll1] damage if it hits.

After that, the Leafswirl siblings!
--------------------------

Sella and Rella run for the ladder, climb up it, and jump off the wall. As they do so, Sella says to Elias "Thank you, Sir Elias. We needed this."

Anna's turn now, actually.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 05:14 PM
Elias parries the wererabbit's blow with his blade, nodding toward Sella.

Anna sends Ryko over to dispatch the wererabbit, while continuing to hack mercilessly at the werewolf. Die, you!

(Ryko to I0, avoiding opportunity attack because of Beren's Winged Horde. Combined Attack, Ryko attacking the wererabbit, and Anna attacking the werewolf.)

Ryko's attack: [roll0]

Anna's attack: [roll2]

(Also a minor action to sustain the zone, just in case.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 05:24 PM
Both blows hit! As Anna's scimitar carves into the werewolf's chest, slaying it, Ryko's fangs sink into the wererabbit's thigh, tearing her down to the ground as a meal!

Now for the Wereferret archers!
----------------------------

One of the archers will fire off an arrow at Elias!

[roll1] damage, and pushed to I11 if it hits!

The other one pulls back multiple arrows, and lets them fly with Clustered Volley, centered on Lelastri!

Lelastri: [roll2] vs AC
Beren: [roll3] vs AC

[roll4] damage if it hits

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 05:30 PM
Beren and Lelastri dodge the arrows with ease. Elias does not see the arrow coming, as his back is turned, but the golden shield of Pelor springs around him and deflects it.

Lelastri continues rounding the wall, invoking his curse upon the ferrets as he draws near.

(Double move to I14, and Warlock's Curse on the archer at A13.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 05:32 PM
Sweet. Beren's turn now!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 05:37 PM
Beren hustles down the wall as well. (Double move to J14.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 05:54 PM
Next is the werewolf guards!

One of them will move to F4, and then charge at Elias! He may not be able to get adjacent, but he has a reach weapon! He ends up in F9, bringing his slashing his halberd at Elias's face!

[roll1] damage if it hits, and you are marked.

The other one makes a beeline for Miriam, charging at the end of his movement to close the distance to J6!

Miriam: [roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage if it hits, and marked.

Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 06:05 PM
The halberd pierces Elias's armor, wounding him. He's bloodied now.
Miriam raises her staff to protect against the werewolf's attack, and the glow of Pelor's light deflects it! (Shield of Devotion, healing all the damage from the attack, and gains a +2 bonus to the next attack.)

Sorin darts at the werewolves, making a deadly thrust before flitting away.
(Move to I8, Acrobatic Strike the werewolf guard at H9, and shift to J7.)

Miriam will delay until after Elias.

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 06:13 PM
Sorin's rapier slices across the chest of the werewolf guard, hurting him quite nicely.

Elias's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 06:54 PM
Elias engages the werewolf guard that Sorin wounded, swinging his sword ferociously. Eulaliaaaa! Come and face your fate!
(Move to H10, and Inspiring War Cry.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-26, 08:11 PM
Elias's blade smashes into the werewolf, bloodying him quite nicely!

Miriam's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-26, 09:48 PM
Elias!
Miriam tosses another healing prayer toward Elias, letting the golden light wash over him.
Heal: [roll0]

The light surges into a radiant flare, as a crescendo of heavenly trumpets sounds forth.
Hymn of Resurgence.

H9 werewolf: [roll1] vs. Fort. (If this misses, Heroic Effort for a +4 bonus.)
L6 werewolf: [roll2] vs. Fort.
Hit: Take -2 defenses for one round, and if an ally hits it, knocked prone.
Also, Elias, Sorin, and Ryko each gain 5 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 04:38 PM
Miriam's divine hymn of trumpets cause both of the werewolves to stagger, clearly affecting them.

It is at this moment that you hear a loud smashing, cracking sound. The ladder that leads up to where Ironjaw is, where Tella went, falls to the ground in pieces. Something smashed it.

Anna's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 04:46 PM
Anna looks toward where the noise came from. Oh snap. Tella, please be okay.
She and Ryko dash to the werewolf menacing Miriam, and Anna swings her scimitar viciously at it.

(Anna to M7, Ryko to L7. Minor action to sustain Earth Roots. Tending Strike.)

Damage: [roll1], and Anna gains 3 temporary HP.

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 05:04 PM
Anna's stroke slices into the guard's chest, wounding him!

Now for the archers again!
------------------------

One of the archer's takes aim at Anna with a bunch of arrows, firing off a Clustered Volley!

This is vs AC
Miriam: [roll1]
Ryko: [roll2]
Werewolf Guard 2: [roll3]

[roll4] damage if you are hit

The other archer fires an arrow at Lelastri!

Lelastri: [roll5] vs AC

[roll6] damage if hit, and pushed back to L13, only if it hits.

Lelastri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 05:15 PM
Anna, Ryko and Miriam are peppered by the spray of arrows, and one pierces Ryko's fur, bloodying him. Lelastri is forced to move back to avoid being completely skewered by the arrow.

Acamar, Nihal, Caiphon, Ulban, grant me your power!

A series of shimmering orbs appear in the air around Lelastri. Focusing their power, Lelastri sends a blinding blast of starlight toward the weakened werewolf.
(Crown of Stars, attack the werewolf guard at H9. To continue depending on how the attack goes.)

Attack: [roll0] vs. Reflex.
Damage: [roll1] radiant and blinded.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 05:19 PM
Frustrated at the werewolf's ability to dodge, Lelastri sends two more orbs toward it, one circling around its head, guiding the other's strike.
(Warlock's Curse on the werewolf, then secondary attack of Crown of Stars.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, both miss.

Beren's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 05:32 PM
Come on, Lelie, you can do better than that!
Beren snaps his fingers, and the wall appears to crumble under the archers' feet.
(Phantom Bolt on the D13 archer.)

Damage: [roll1], and hopefully pushed off the wall, to E12.

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 05:40 PM
The wereferret is able to shove off the illusions Beren casts at him, and growls at him.

Meanwhile, Werewolf Guard's!

-------------------

The guard facing Elias, clearly in pain from all the attack's he has taken, attacks Elias with Powerful Strike!

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1] Crit! 17 damage and knocked prone if it hits.

The other guard, his wounds healing so as to make him not bloodied anymore, uses Powerful Strike on Miriam!

[roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage and knocked prone if it hits. Also, if by chance this somehow does the exactly 17 damage needed to knock Miriam unconcious, he'll growl "Surrender, or she dies!".

Either way, Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 05:44 PM
As the werewolf raises his halberd against Miriam, Sorin darts in, thrusting at an unprotected spot.
(Darting Strike, immediate interrupt, shift to K6 and attack the werewolf guard.)

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 05:52 PM
Sorin's rapier pierces the Werewolf's throat, but he manages to stay standing, halberd slamming into Miriam (unsure if it actually hits or not, mind).

Now Sorin's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 06:22 PM
The halberd slides away from Miriam's body, deflected by the divine shield of Pelor's favor.

Sorin strikes again, aiming his rapier at the staggering werewolf's heart.
(Riposte Strike.)
Damage:[roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack.

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 08:22 PM
With a vicious strike, Sorin pierces the werewolf's heart! It gurgles, laying on the ground dead.

Elias's turn.

Blue Ghost
2012-06-27, 09:13 PM
While one of the archers manages to shrug off Beren's illusion, will the other be so lucky?
(Orb of Deception, retargeting the other archer with Phantom Bolt.)

Attack: [roll0] vs. Will.
Damage: [roll1], and slide to D15.

Sorin clutches his pendant. I'm not doing this for you, Tytannia.

LaZodiac
2012-06-27, 09:17 PM
Beren's illusion hits the other one, causing him to stumble close to the gate!

I'm pretty sure it's Elias's turn