PDA

View Full Version : Tale as Old as Last Wednesday [Maid IC]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Atreli
2012-12-10, 10:34 AM
" What?" Lune says quickly, completely startled by the statement.

"It's not a trick, I'm just trying to apologize for everything so that maybe...we could try to get along..."

She began mumbling the words at the end in a quiet voice. This was a total disaster...

Benson
2012-12-10, 10:40 AM
More suspicious eye glancing. Merry hugged the ingredients to her chest with furrowed brows at the other maid.

"This sudden turnabout to make amends is too suspiciously suspicious."

Atreli
2012-12-10, 10:48 AM
Lune's shoulders sag greatly.

" I-I know but haven't you ever felt guilt right after fighting, a need to set things right?"

Lune stared down at the floor, on the verge of tears. " I just wanted to..." The sentence just hung in the air.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 09:06 PM
Her job concluded, Yuki wanders off to find her next task. Was she supposed to go help in the kitchen, or with Prince Leon?

Oh well. Surely she'll find whatever place she needs to be if she wanders around long enough. This is the way to the kitchen, right?

---
Luck: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2012-12-10, 09:10 PM
Leon's Room

"I'm glad, then. Are you liking it here so far, too, Hani?"

Leon asked, turning to adress the quiet little apprentice.

Hani, for her part, had almost fallen asleep ... right on top of Leon's clothes. Huh.

"Hm? she queried, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, um, it's ... nice."

Trobby
2012-12-10, 09:13 PM
"...Eheh...Hani, why don't you bring those clothes over here, and then go back to our room for a little nap? Perhaps you haven't quite slept enough yet today?"

Deme
2012-12-10, 09:29 PM
When Yuki arrived in the room with the pile of laundry, there was a chupacabra on her shoulder, trying to suck blood from the mechanical arm.

On a pile of laundry was Mozart, curled up as if just awakening from a nap.

"Oh, it's you...What's that thing?"

---

"That sounds like a good idea..."

He said, noticing Hani's nappiness.

"A little cat-nap, perhaps. Don't worry; I won't tell the boss."

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 09:39 PM
"Lord Sir Thomas McLuvin Cutheringham XIII, Esquire," Yuki deadpans, pointedly ignoring the scaly green mythical creature nomming on her ever-unfortunate cyborg limb.

"Or at least, that is what the tag on his collar said."

Benson
2012-12-11, 01:54 PM
Lune's shoulders sag greatly.

" I-I know but haven't you ever felt guilt right after fighting, a need to set things right?"

Lune stared down at the floor, on the verge of tears. " I just wanted to..." The sentence just hung in the air.

"Not really, I mean when I'm right I don't feel guilty. I feel angry at that person," She said in all her honesty and clutched the ingredients close to her chest again. Merry couldn't just buy the sincerity of the apology, not when she saw Lune jump from jerk to smiling angel in a matter of seconds. She was not going to be fooled.

Atreli
2012-12-12, 10:03 AM
"Oh. Alright, if you feel that way." She said quietly. " I tried, sorry for taking up your time I'll let you get back to work."

Emotionally withering like a flower, Lune just gave a nod to Merry as a way to end the conversation. Slowly she walked out of the kitchen, down the hall and into an empty room. She closed the door quietly and leaned against the wall. Tears flowed from her eyes, her breath coming in short gasps as she slid her back down the wall and sat on the floor.

It wasn't just that Merry had rejected her, it was also discovering her inability to make things right that the tears came.

Deme
2012-12-12, 12:32 PM
"Lord Sir Thomas McLuvin Cutheringham XIII, Esquire," Yuki deadpans, pointedly ignoring the scaly green mythical creature nomming on her ever-unfortunate cyborg limb.

"Or at least, that is what the tag on his collar said."

"Is that really a 'what' answer, though?"

The cat-man pointed out as he slid off the laundry pile. "Anyway, if you're up, it must be getting to be breakfast time, right?"

Trobby
2012-12-12, 06:50 PM
"I'm afraid I may have woken her a bit early this morning. I'll take her back to bed. The other maids will have breakfast ready in...fifteen minutes." Ante says, deciding that's probably a generous estimation as she gathers her sister up from the pile of clothes.

"I ah...trust you wont' need any further assistance in getting dressed?"

Lycan 01
2012-12-12, 07:30 PM
Yuki looks down at the ravenously-gnawing chupacabra. "I believe it is a chupacabra. And I also believe it is indeed time for breakfast."

Deme
2012-12-12, 10:30 PM
Laundry Room is a Very Dangerous Room

Mozart swatted it casually off her fake arm.

"Let's go eat, then. I'm starved."

Leon's Room
"No, no, I'll be fine...Thank you for the assistance." He put aside the matter of it being too early for dinner right now.

Once Ante leaves, he'll stare down at his outfit, the shirt half-on, and glare.

"Buttons. My nemesis...We meet again."

[roll0] favor for Ante.

Benson
2012-12-13, 01:21 PM
Merry just watched her leave for a moment, keeping her expression furrowed. If anything, the devil girl thought, was that Lune should take up theater. Merry the Unfeeling then proceeded to make her own french toast, a yummy one that she hoped would come out better than what Lune made.

skill [roll0]

waah...was supposed to be a 2 not 3..I'll re-roll in the occ

though...this roll means I rolled a 5

so 5 times 2 would have made it 10 instead

Deme
2012-12-13, 03:10 PM
It wasn't quite as good-looking as Lune's...But it was clearly a very tasty-looking French Toast, and would satisfy everyone when they started showing up.

Lycan 01
2012-12-16, 07:22 PM
Yuki shrugs, and follows wordlessly after Mozart, leaving Lord Cutheringham to his own devices.

Trobby
2012-12-16, 08:40 PM
Ante meanwhile carries her little sister back off to her bed, setting the kitten down on it to let her sleep soundly.

She kisses her on the forehead, and pats her as a loving sister would.

"I forget sometimes how young you still are, little sis..sleep tight, and get your strength up for the big day ahead."

She smiles, and decides to turn bck around and check on breakfast...though she won't get there for another couple of minutes.

Atreli
2012-12-18, 01:42 PM
Like a lamp being flicked off Lune was standing again, bright, smiling and perfect as if nothing had gone on seconds before. If you had blinked would've missed it. Smoothing out the edges of her uniform she strolled out of the room and back to the kitchen. It was almost as if she were some remote control. Merry was practically invisible to her as she made her way to her dish.
Her french toast was waiting for her where she had left it. Without missing a beat she grabbed gently and head to the kitchen to place it on the table. The rest of the task of setting the table was yet to come.

Deme
2012-12-18, 02:29 PM
Which is when Yuki and Mozart enter the scene, since there's nothing keeping them from arriving.

Mozart looks less than pleased.
"Bread stuff? Really?"

Mozart does not have a very elegant and refined class of food organization.

Benson
2012-12-18, 02:51 PM
Merry as well treated Lune as invisible as while her french toast didn't look pretty, she knew it to be very tasty, and that was what mattered to her. Though. She did go on and add garnish to the plate of stacked french toast.

She would then, on separate plates serve everyone, as if though she were denying the existence of the other plates of french toast. Anyways, everyone sans merry and lune would have two plates of french toast.

Trobby
2012-12-18, 06:16 PM
Ante burst into the room, pushing the door open forcefully and marching in with a commanding boom in her voice.

"Alright you two! Leon will be here in less than fifteen minutes! I hope you haven't been...goofing...off?"

A commanding boom that became more of a confused whisper as she saw a perfectly well-made breakfast laid out on the table already.

"...You ah...well...good work, you two." She looks between them and the breakfast, as if disbelieving that the two things could exist in the same universe. "Good um...good...job?"

Atreli
2012-12-21, 09:23 AM
As soon as the french toast hit the table, Lune immeadiately began to set the table.

Deme
2012-12-22, 09:28 AM
Well, that table-setting was a little rushed...

But in came Terran and Leon, Terran still looking annoyed.

"Oh, hey! French toast!"

Leon beams.

[roll0] favor for Merry.
and [roll1] favor for Lune.

"Why are there two plates of french toast for each of us?"

Benson
2012-12-24, 09:13 AM
"I don't know what you mean," Merry said to Terran, she then glanced at Leon and nodded her head with a small smile. "Indeed, hope you like." As for Ante there was a nod and something that sounded like a rough thank you.

Lycan 01
2012-12-24, 09:18 AM
Yuki nods to everyone, and particularly greets Leon with a quiet "Good morning, sir." After he's seated, she takes her own seat near him, and silently enjoys her meal while constantly keeping on her guard.

Atreli
2012-12-24, 11:25 AM
Lune just smiles quickly and heads back into the kitchen for some cleaning duty.

Deme
2012-12-24, 11:43 AM
"You're not joining us for breakfast, Lune?"

Leon calls out from the table as Lune leaves the room.

"I wouldn't..." Terran mutters, remembering the wake-up battle.
"Well, at least we have more French Toast than we need, not less. And nothing's on fire."

Trobby
2012-12-24, 01:23 PM
"Ah, Lune, cleaning can wait until after breakfast." Ante says, going to stop her before she exits the room. "Please, have a seat and eat first. You've earned it...ah, and everyone?" Ante says, addressing the room as a whole "Could we please save a plate for Hani? She ah, woke up a little early this morning, so she will be resting for a bit before her breakfast."

Deme
2012-12-25, 08:22 PM
"There art laid out before us twice over the number of plates we'd need for all in residence; it seemeth silly, to not reserve her some."

Terran says, still a little bit boggled by the abundance of food.

"You can never have enough french toast, Terran! But of course, Hani's still growing, so she needs her sleep...And anyway, It's so early...Why can't breakfast be at noon, huh, Terran?"

Leon asked, half-jokingly, and he got a reply that seemed stern...If you didn't think too much about Terran.
"Then 'twould be lunch, and you'd not arise 'till nightfall."

"...You have me there."

Atreli
2012-12-26, 11:41 AM
Lune stopped and nodded, sitting down with the rest of them she smiled softly.

Trobby
2012-12-26, 01:50 PM
Ante is even polite enough to pull a chair out for her to sit down in, before taking her own seat, and eating her own breakfast.

"This is perhaps a bit too much, but ah..my...commendations to Lune and Merry." She says it, as if she has never quite said anything like it before.

Benson
2012-12-26, 04:09 PM
"The ones on the right are mine, the ones I made, they're much tastier," She said with no doubt in her mind. She closed her eyes and crossed her arms with a proud look.

"Right....drinks, before i forget, what would you like for a drink sir?" She looked at Leon.

Lycan 01
2012-12-27, 07:16 AM
"Which ones did you make, Meri?" Yuki asks aloofly, idly passing her eye over the two different pieces of syrupy toast slices in front of her.

Atreli
2012-12-27, 03:53 PM
Lune eyed Merry at that comment but said nothing. Immeadiately she looked down and hoped that this would soon be over. Why couldn't they have let her just go off and clean?

Deme
2012-12-27, 09:49 PM
"Ah, well, I think there's some juice in the larder that should still be good...I suppose that will do. Thank you."

Leon said after a bit of thought. He seemed to take the unusual plating situation in stride, alternating his eating from both plates. He took them both with a lot of syrup...

"It's a lovely day today; maybe we could all do something outside."

"Actually, 'twas a room I wished to examine, now that we have hands to work it."

Though, after a few bites, he paused.

"Miss Lune, are you alright? You've been very quiet this morning."

Terran looked like he was about to disagree, but didn't.

Atreli
2012-12-28, 01:38 PM
" Fine sir, thank you." She said in a small voice. Better not go into the Merry thing, for one thing she really didn't want to talk about it and secondly, it wasn't very good breakfast table talk.

As for the day's plans she had an idea if Leon was game.

" Sir, if I may, I remember yesterday you mentioned being musically inclined and I was wondering if I could sing for you while you play?"

Deme
2012-12-28, 05:05 PM
This caused Terran to freeze. Leon's smile dimmed, and he didn't answer her at first. He just became very still, never quite abandoning his smile, never really regaining it.

"I....Can't really play piano anymore."

He said, folding his hands in front of him, spending a moment or two -- never looking directly at them -- trying to match the three oddly-shaped fingers to each other.

Admitting that out-loud seemed to take something out of him, something that came out with a little sigh.

"But I'd love to hear you sing, as I said."

Trobby
2012-12-29, 10:49 AM
Ante, who feels like she was just reminded of something important, perks up and interrupts Leon's train of thought.

"Ah, master Leon, if you will recall, I suggested we could go to town and get you perhaps a string instrument? If perhaps you could play a violin?"

Atreli
2012-12-29, 12:31 PM
Lune blushed deeply and smiled shyly.

Deme
2012-12-31, 12:07 PM
"There's no one in town who can make one, from what I've heard...But it's certainly an idea."

He nodded, brightening a bit.

"Getting things here is a bit of a challange; Twas luck itself's intervention that we found a seamstress who hath no fear of this place, and has discretion about the measurements she recieves."

"Aaaah, I like to think she's a wonderfully sympathetic young lady..."

Leon ate his french toast with a dreamy expression.

Trobby
2012-12-31, 05:48 PM
More likely a very desperate merchant. The dark corner of Ante's mind thought, and immediately got chastised for it by the other half.

Lycan 01
2012-12-31, 11:30 PM
A sympathetic young lady, hmm?

Yuki daintily cuts her French toast up for consumption. And by dainty, I mean she deftly twirls the knife in her right hand before expertly slicing and dicing the toast with eerie precision.

"Shall I fetch this tailor for thine company, sir?" the assassin aloofly inquires, not even batting an eyelash at the potentially creepy question.

Deme
2012-12-31, 11:35 PM
"Tempting, tempting... But it'd break the rules."

Leon said with a lonely little sigh.

"Also, it'd be kidnapping."

Trobby
2013-01-01, 07:45 AM
"Only if she isn't willing...and there are ways."

Ante stirs her french toast in a small pool of syrup, her mind trapped in a tiny world of its own.

Lycan 01
2013-01-02, 01:40 PM
Yuki pokes at her toast. "It's not kidnapping if she comes along willingly," she muses aloofly, before popping a piece of syrupy cinnamon-break into her mouth. She chews thoughtfully for a moment, before her eye shifts its gaze to Leon. "Whose rules? Yours, or the local authorities?"

Deme
2013-01-03, 01:11 PM
"My parents. The monarchical authorities."

Leon said with an almost angry sigh.

"We live here on the condition that none but staff, and those approved directly by his and her majesty, shall entereth this place, and none but those signed by compact to silence may leave it. And, of course, His Highness cannot leave, by his volition or the volition of others."

"...The other options were even worse..."

Leon admitted with a dejected expression. Well, this apparently got depressing for him rather quickly...And as he noticed the awkward silence, Leon winked, put on a brave smile, and waggled a finger.

"Besides, I'd much rather than her as my proper self. Until then, I'm afraid she must wait, and think fondly of her mysterious employer."

Benson
2013-01-04, 04:08 PM
Merry watched and listened on, but mostly watched, waiting to see Leon's reaction to her french toast, since she was still butt hurt that her potato salad went without much notice thanks to antics.

But as the conversation continued on between the others a thought formed, and then became a question.

"What would actually happen if you were to leave the grounds?"

Deme
2013-01-04, 05:06 PM
"If no one saw me, it'd probably be alright... But if I were spotted, things would get out, or possibly I'd get attacked."

Leon puts down his fork and knife -- apparently, this was killing his appetite a bit.

"But, best-case scenario if I was seen... Was that this place would no longer be one where I could live; the rumors of it being haunted and infested with monsters would become too much for this place to remain secure. I'd...Probably be moved somewhere far more isolated and secure, and because it was my fault this happened, I'd probably be given a much heavier guard, probably made up of my father's men."

He stared at his plate, eyes narrowed in an expression somewhere between sorrow and disgust.

"And of course, you girls would all be fired. Probably Terran, too. And who knows what would happen to Mozart; he might become a subject for some wizard's experiments...And maybe, for my own good, I'd join him."

Leon's voice dipped out of 'sincere drama' and into 'over-the-top depressed melodrama.'

Mozart's hair stood on-end at this, but Terran just rolled his eyes.

Lycan 01
2013-01-04, 05:23 PM
Yuki takes another dainty bite of french toast, and ponders thoughtfully as she chews. After swallowing, she idly suggests: "Why not just write her a letter, and begin a friendly correspondence? It may do you some good to have a pen pal, and it is not as though you would have to actually meet her. In fact, since all she has to go by is ink upon parchment, you could easily twist or omit certain details or facts."

And thus Yuki invented internet dating.

Trobby
2013-01-04, 06:54 PM
Or rather, she encouraged Leon to write love-letters, which have been a traditional practice since the advent of romance and ink.

Ante, who had never heard of this practice before, thought it rather novel.

And also rather absurd.

"I wouldn't think it would do much good, if she can't ever-."

But stopped herself short of her common sense before saying far too much.

"-Ah....ever write back. You will have to find some way to get letters from her as well, Master Leon. Perhaps we can find some way of doing so in town...I daresay we need to restock our pantry at the least in any case."

Deme
2013-01-07, 10:45 PM
"Oh, getting things to or from her is no problem -- after all, we bring work orders to her, and clothes from her. It's generally Terran's job, but you could do it as well. That's no trouble."

He nodded and smiled fiendishly, his good spirits rebounding.

"Of course, I'll have to be anonymous. Aaah, the joy of being a lady's secret admirer..."

Leon raised a hand to his face, his voice swoony.

"...I know not if her hand is unaccounted for."

"Ah, even if it's for naught, where lives the harm in a flattering letter, sent by a dazzling and brilliant stranger to cheer her spirits? A love letter is the purest and most innocent form of love there is, unsullied by the physical or the facts of the world."

Leon got up and began circling the table, talking withi his hands and generally unable to control his excitement.

Trobby
2013-01-07, 10:57 PM
Ante finds this display of foolishness entirely unnecessary. She is SO displeased by Leon's antics right now!

...She will stop smiling at them any second now, she thinks to herself.

Aaaany second now...Ah there we-no, she just stopped to giggle when he skipped on past her seat. And if she weren't then she'd be quite perplexed by this strange feeling of...joy. Yes, she decides she's happy that her master is pleased with the idea, and that's all there is to it.

Before she can think any deeper into that though, she sits up from the table, giving a small curtsey and gathering the second plate of french toast.

"If you would all please excuse me, I must see to it that my sister is fed. Master Terran, I do hope that will be acceptable?"

Lycan 01
2013-01-08, 10:21 PM
Yuki says nothing, simply continuing to eat as Leon prances about and babbles.

Though, a ghost of a smile flickers across her features between bites. She's glad to see Leon in higher spirits than he was in moments before, though she wouldn't admit it aloud.

Deme
2013-01-09, 08:34 AM
((Ah, yes, before I forget....
[roll0] favor for Ante
and
[roll1] favor for Yuki for getting a good mood going.))

"Your Highness...Please be seated. That will be quite acceptable, Miss Ante."

Terran said sharply -- but even you could see something not unlike a smile trying to escape his clutches and be seen; his mouth twitched, but he kept its reigns.

"Very well..." He proceeds to go back to eating french toast, and nods to Merry and Lune in turn. "My compliments to the chefs... Merry, what did you add to the cinnamon? It's quite nice."

Benson
2013-01-09, 04:13 PM
"Oh just added a little bit of extra brown sugar into the cinnamon, I also added honey into the egg mix. I'm really glad you like it, sir, ah...Leon." Merry replied with a small bashful smile, her hands playing with the front of her apron.

He likes my french toast... In her head, she did a little twirl.

Trobby
2013-01-09, 07:01 PM
Ante shakes her head. Ah, but things have been working out well today. She feels...oh what is the word she is looking for?...

Foolish! Yes that is what she feels now, for she forgot entirely about making sure Hani got fed today!

Immediately, she takes hold of her second plate of french toast (no she does not know which maid prepared which one, so she does not know whose she ate...but she ate Lune's) and turns to Terran.

"Terran, if you'll excuse me, I must make sure my sister eats. Do forgive her for not being here this morning. I'm afraid young kittens need plenty of rest, and she alas did not get quite enough last night."

Atreli
2013-01-09, 08:44 PM
Lune stood as well. " If I may be excused too I have cleaning that must be done."

Deme
2013-01-10, 03:27 PM
"I'm glad I like it as well."

Leon said teasingly as he finished up. Terran nodded to let both Lune and Ante go, though Leon was a little uneasy-looking. Hadn't she wanted to sing for him after breakfast? Well, oh well.

"You said you sang best by the water, right? I'll be down by the beach later, then."

"Perhaps all of us should take the first half of the morning at ease, and regroup later in the day."

Lycan 01
2013-01-10, 03:45 PM
Yuki shrugs as she finishes her breakfast. "I have no reason to be 'at ease' this morning. I am a bit behind on schedule as it is, due to an odd situation involving a severed arm and a talking fox," she offhandedly remarks. "Aside from doing the dishes, what other duties need to be performed this morning, sirs?"

Trobby
2013-01-10, 06:09 PM
That last line gave Ante a moment to pause. Talking fox? She didn't recall any..ah well...she'd ask about that later. It would not do well to let her sister's breakfast get cold.

----------------------------------------

Ante/Hani

Ante entered the room quietly, looking to see if her sister had gotten up of her own accord. She doubted it, but this had been a morning for miracles already.

Atreli
2013-01-11, 04:07 PM
Lune smiled softly and nodded as she quietly left the room. As much as she was looking forward to singing for Master Leon, her mind was still slightly topsy turvy from the morning's event. Maybe some cleaning would help clean her mind before she headed down to the beach. Now where to start? She wondered as she gazed over the vast kitchen.

Deme
2013-01-14, 08:38 AM
"Then perhaps thou wouldst care to lend me aide in the garden? T'was my intent to get some work done there."

---

Well...There's putting away the ingredients, or there's cleaning the pans and bowls.

Atreli
2013-01-14, 12:44 PM
Lune, after a moment of deliberation decided to put the ingredients away first.

Lycan 01
2013-01-14, 01:52 PM
"I would not be opposed to assisting in the garden," Yuki factually replies with a soft nod and a neutral expression. "Would you like me to accompany you now, or assist in cleaning up the table and kitchen first?"

Deme
2013-01-16, 07:20 PM
"Work according to thy preference, Miss Yuki. I am sure Miss Lune wouldst appreciate the aid, however."

He stood up and pushed his chair back in. He seemed ready to head out to the garden if she was, and to meet her there if not.

"And you, Miss Merry?"

Leon asked, also getting up.

---

She puts them away back where she found them, I assume. To clean the pots and pans, roll skill.

Benson
2013-01-17, 01:38 AM
"A-and me what sir? Attend to the garden?" Merry asked with a bit of surprise as he addressed her.

Deme
2013-01-17, 08:46 AM
"What will you be doing this morning?" Leon elaborated for her.

Atreli
2013-01-17, 12:33 PM
Having finished with that, Lune begun her next task: cleaning the dishes. the faster she finished this, the faster she could head down to the beach.

She was very excited over the idea. The water. The freedom to to be her mermaid self instead of human. And finally, proving to Leon she was who she said she was!

Benson
2013-01-18, 12:45 PM
"What will you be doing this morning?" Leon elaborated for her.

"Oh..ah...I guess maidly duties, oh right, and I'd like to take Skelly in the wagon and let them explore the manor, if that's alright. I don't like knowing that they're pretty much cooped up in one spot because they'll fall to pieces if they try to walk," She said gripping her apron.

Lycan 01
2013-01-18, 11:45 PM
Yuki nods, and silently heads off to the kitchens to help Lune.

When she enters the room, she wordlessly walks over to join the cryptic maid at the skin, and begins to assist Lune with the dishes. After a moment, she bluntly states: "I'm bad at small talk."

Really? We hadn't noticed, Miss Stoic Assassin.

Skill: [roll0]

Deme
2013-01-19, 10:02 AM
"That sounds like an excellent idea. I hope you two have a good time."

And then Leon went down to the beach.

---

Yuki and Lune do a good job on the dishes between them (but they can keep going if they like).

Atreli
2013-01-19, 10:24 AM
" That's alright Miss Yuki I seem to fall into some human social faux pas every time I speak so we're even."

Lune said with a small chuckle.

Hawkflight
2013-01-19, 08:50 PM
That last line gave Ante a moment to pause. Talking fox? She didn't recall any..ah well...she'd ask about that later. It would not do well to let her sister's breakfast get cold.

----------------------------------------

Ante/Hani

Ante entered the room quietly, looking to see if her sister had gotten up of her own accord. She doubted it, but this had been a morning for miracles already.

Hani had not, in fact, gotten up yet. However, when Ante entered the room, she stirred and opened her eyes blearily.

"Nii-chan?" she questioned, followed up by a big yawn.

Trobby
2013-01-19, 09:10 PM
"Hello little sister." Ante says with a smile, setting Hani's breakfast down at the side of the bed. "You very nearly slept through breakfast, but I have saved some for you. Do you feel better rested now?"

Ante seems to be in good spirits today, Hani might notice. Much better than how she felt earlier this morning.

Hawkflight
2013-01-19, 11:19 PM
"Hello little sister." Ante says with a smile, setting Hani's breakfast down at the side of the bed. "You very nearly slept through breakfast, but I have saved some for you. Do you feel better rested now?"

Ante seems to be in good spirits today, Hani might notice. Much better than how she felt earlier this morning.

Hani rubbed her eyes and nodded, seeming a little downcast.

"Mmm-hmm," she agreed, accepting the breakfast. "I'm sorry I fell back asleep." She really did feel bad that she hadn't helped, and on her second day too.

Trobby
2013-01-20, 12:34 AM
"You are but a child, Hani." Ante says, patting the kitten gently. "And I daresay you helped lift the master's spirits wonderfully."

It was an old song and dance they did though. Hani had for a long time felt this way, at every place they ever went. She always felt she hadn't done enough to help her big sister, and all to often would blame herself when...

But that wouldn't happen here...Ante would not see it happen here.

"You've been doing very good, but you need your sleep Hani, and you need not to press yourself."

Lycan 01
2013-01-20, 06:58 PM
Yuki smirks as she scrubs a plate. "Oh, I do not know about that. You have fared rather well thus far in conversation with me. We haven't tried to kill each other yet, at least."

Atreli
2013-01-20, 07:00 PM
"True." She said as she nodded.

" That's more then I can say for Merry and I. " Lune said with a shrug.

Lycan 01
2013-01-22, 01:56 AM
Yuki shrugs aloofly. "I wish I could offer you some advice, Miss Lune. But you must remember that in my line of work, the way you deal with someone who causes you trouble is..." he narrows her eye at Lune, and frowns slightly, "Not socially acceptable in this situation."

Yuki, shooting someone in the face is not acceptable in nearly all situations.

Atreli
2013-01-22, 01:32 PM
" That's alright, Miss Yuki. I guess I'll have figure it out on my own or maybe someone else has good advice for me." Lune said with a small hopeful chuckle.

Lycan 01
2013-01-22, 01:49 PM
Yuki ponders thoughtfully. "Perhaps Ante could help you. Or maybe Sir Terran could arrange for you and Meri to have separate tasks and shifts, until things are settled?"

Benson
2013-01-23, 01:42 PM
Speaking of Merry, the young devil, sorta kind forgot about the maidly duties part and had scurried off back to where she had last seen Skelly, probably the wardrobe in the room that she used still.

Atreli
2013-01-23, 06:29 PM
" I think that's a wonderful idea, since we have finished the dishes maybe I should go talk to Mr. Terran before I head down to the beach." Lune said thoughtfully.

Deme
2013-01-23, 06:57 PM
Merry's Room
Mr. Skelly waved from the base of the wardrobe.

Benson
2013-01-27, 10:59 AM
"Hiya Skelly, how is my awfully malnourished looking friend doing?" She lightly chuckled and moved to sit down in the front of the wardrobe.

Deme
2013-01-27, 11:55 AM
His shoulderblades jerk, so I guess he's shrugging. He's about the same as always, one presumes. He points to the wagon she procured for him, and rattles his jaw about...Perhaps inquisitively?

Hawkflight
2013-01-27, 01:43 PM
"You are but a child, Hani." Ante says, patting the kitten gently. "And I daresay you helped lift the master's spirits wonderfully."

It was an old song and dance they did though. Hani had for a long time felt this way, at every place they ever went. She always felt she hadn't done enough to help her big sister, and all to often would blame herself when...

But that wouldn't happen here...Ante would not see it happen here.

"You've been doing very good, but you need your sleep Hani, and you need not to press yourself."

Hani sighed, and poked at her breakfast. Ante just didn't get it, she was a cat for crying out loud! by her age, she should be able to help. And yet, here, she felt entirely powerless to do anything. She idly took a nibble on the french toast.

Fun fact of the day: French toast was not invented in France. Its origins come from a collection of Latin recipes dating from the 4th or 5th century called Apicius, which literally translates to 'another sweet dish'. It was popularized in the middle ages, when people needed to use old, stale bread to feed their families.

Trobby
2013-01-27, 01:50 PM
Truth be told, Ante didn't get it at all. And the reason was far more severe than Hani could imagine.

Ante is a demon. A several hundred year old one at that. And although she was aware of the shorter life expectancy of humans, it was an alien idea to her. Saying then that Hani felt she wasn't maturing fast enough would be to her like a fly complaining it had far too long to live. It simply couldn't register for her.

And...of course...she rather liked the idea of having a little sister. She wouldn't say it aloud, but it made her feel a bit more...

"I shall go see what the other maids have set out to do for the day. When you're finished, find me or Terran, and we will give you something to do."

Benson
2013-01-29, 09:16 AM
His shoulderblades jerk, so I guess he's shrugging. He's about the same as always, one presumes. He points to the wagon she procured for him, and rattles his jaw about...Perhaps inquisitively?

"Why yes Skelly, I'm going to take on a ride in the wagon, you're up to it right? Rattle your jaw for yes or....keep silent for a moment for no." Merry told the animated skeleton with a small smile.

Lycan 01
2013-01-29, 09:21 AM
Yuki nods to Lune. "And I shall go to the gardens to seek the Prince. Good luck in your chat with Sir Terran."

With the dishes done, Yuki scurries off to the gardens to look for the Prince.

Deme
2013-01-29, 09:38 AM
"Why yes Skelly, I'm going to take on a ride in the wagon, you're up to it right? Rattle your jaw for yes or....keep silent for a moment for no." Merry told the animated skeleton with a small smile.

Rattle, rattle.

Gardens

Anyway, the prince is at the beach, so Yuki naturally can't find him. Terran's in the garden, because that's where he said he'd be, if he didn't wait for Yuki to come so that's where they could be.

He looks very at-peace, weeding a row of tomato-plants. His expression is focused, but serene. He's just working, in a pair of heavy garden gloves and with an apron over his suit to keep it from becoming unseemingly mussed.

Lycan 01
2013-01-29, 10:27 AM
Yuki wanders through the gardens, eventually spotting Terran weeding the tomatoes. She briefly ponders sneaking up on him, but then decides against it.

Getting into a zany gardening sheer duel doesn't sound appealing. Currently.

Instead, she coughs to make her presence known as she approaches, and gives a respectful nod. "How may I offer my assistance?" she politely offers, though with her usual stoicness and lack of general enthusiasm.

Atreli
2013-01-29, 12:39 PM
Lune quickly follows after her, remembering that Mr. Terran would be in the garden.

She made absolute sure her bows were in place before rushing outside.

" Hello Mr. Terran, You sure are looking handsome today!" She said cheerfully, hoping to butter him up a tad before this favor of Merry sized proportions.

Deme
2013-01-29, 06:55 PM
Terran's face took on its normal more controlled expression when Yuki coughed. He stood and nodded.

"Ah, why doth thou not renderest assistance in removing the plague of weeds from the..."

Terran looked surprised to hear what Lune said as she came up; it was...something that came from outside his personal experience.

"...W-what?"

Atreli
2013-01-29, 07:32 PM
Lune just smiled sweetly. " what, never recieved a compliment before?"

After a long pause she decided she shouldn't keep Master Leon waiting too long so she should just jump." I need a favor Mr. Terran, I want to switch rooms with Miss Merry. I think that's best after our fight and all."

Lune shrugged. There. I said it.

Deme
2013-01-30, 03:12 PM
"Hmmm....That may be a good idea. However...It does create certain problems... Still, I think we can work something out. We'll work it out later today, then."

Basically, the problems he was thinking of went like this:
The triple room was the one with the man-eating wardrobe, which only Yuki got along with. Ergo, Yuki needs to stay in the triple room.
Hani and Ante cannot be seperated, ergo, they must either occupy the double alone, or the triple room.
If they occupied the double alone, this would mean moving Merry into the triple room with Lune and Yuki, which did not solve the problem in the slightest.

Was the answer to kick out Mozart? That was Terran's first instinct.

Anyway, no sense worrying about it now.

Atreli
2013-01-30, 03:55 PM
Lune jumped up and down with glee.

" Oh thank you Mr. Terran! I wish I could stay but I must get down to the beach to meet Master Leon! See you later!"

And with that she dashed off in search of a cursed prince.

Lycan 01
2013-01-30, 06:17 PM
Yuki watches as Lune thanks Terran before scurrying off. Once the other maid is gone, Yuki turns back to Terran and gives a faint smile. "My, certain is enthusiastic, isn't she?" she casually observes.

Deme
2013-01-31, 09:39 AM
Terran watched Lune trot off; even his face had a little smile in the face of such boundless happiness.

"Yes, she certainly is... I envy that sort of enthusiasm...It must requireth a lot of energy, though...Or maybe it's the other way around."

---

At the beach, the sea was lapping gently against the sand. On a bad day, the beach would be swallowed up, all the way to the tall cliff at its back; but today, there was a large stretch of multicolored sand.

Still, Leon sat on a rock by the cliffs. His expression seemed melancholy, and every so often, he'd shake his head and try to smile.

Lycan 01
2013-01-31, 10:32 AM
Yuki shrugs. "I wouldn't know. I don't really do... chipper," she observes offhandedly. "Not naturally, at least. I can pull it off for the sake of deception, when I am going incognito for an assignment." Her gaze drifts off to the side, and she gives a slight frown. "Or when drunk, I suppose."

She glances back at the tomatoes. "Are you a gardener by duty, or by hobby?"

Atreli
2013-01-31, 01:10 PM
Lune stopped to catch her breath when Leon came into her line of sight.

Standing absolutely still she watched him for a moment. Apparently he wasn't aware she was there yet. As his expression went from sad to trying to be content, her own smile faded. Letting down her cheerful guard, there stood a girl who just missed home and the girl who's thoughts were always on her strange encounter with the box.

With this in mind she approached him. " Hello Master Leon. " She said softly with a courtsey.

Deme
2013-02-01, 09:16 AM
"...I've never managed it myself. Happy, yes, but chipper? 'tis beyond my power."

Terran admitted. It should have come as a surprise to no one. He knelt back down to pull something from next to one of the tomatoes.

"...At this juncture? By duty; however, I enjoy it as a hobby, and so would not carelessly toss the duty away."

In other words, someone has to do it, and he's happy it's him.

---

Leon stood up when Lune announced her arrival, and his face instantly broadened into a smile, and his tail wagged.

"Ah, there you are, my lovely one. It may have been a short time for you...But from where I stood, I was waiting a long time -- without your grace, every moment seems like an eternity!"

He placed a hand on his forehead in a mock-swoon as he strolled over to her.

Lycan 01
2013-02-01, 09:39 AM
Yuki crouches down beside the butler-knight, and begins to assist him with picking through the weeds. "It is always a good thing when one can take enjoyment in there work, yes? As the old saying goes, if you find a job you enjoy, you will never work a day in your life..." she muses.

Atreli
2013-02-01, 12:37 PM
Lune shook her head.

" You're such a helpless flirt, but it's okay, it's still nice to hear."

She glanced down a bit. " Do you mind if we walk for awhile, it's so beautiful out here I just want some time to take it all in."

Deme
2013-02-01, 07:39 PM
"...I think I am over-fond of work, to consider never working a good thing... Then again, I think that axiom hath no preparation for one who liketh work for its own sake."

He admitted with a dry smile. That was when....A carrot in the next row over vanished into the ground.

Terran narrowed his eye.

---

"Of course I'm helpless; Your beauty saps away all my strength to resist,"

That cheesy line delivered totally straight-faced, he thinks about it for a moment. Sure, he was eager both to hear her music and to see the truth of this strange girl... But he couldn't refuse a lady's request.

"...A walk? Alright."

Lycan 01
2013-02-01, 09:22 PM
Yuki narrows her eye at the carrot-lacking void. "Rabbits, I'm assuming? What's so special about these, hm? Do they dance? Write poetry? Breath fire?" she asks dryly.

Atreli
2013-02-02, 08:32 AM
Lune just chuckled at him softly, amused by his words.

" Feels so good just to be out of the manor." She mused more to herself than him.

Benson
2013-02-03, 12:47 PM
"Alright then, come on," She continued to smile as she then began to carry Skelly in several ships, she might have left some leg bones behind.

Deme
2013-02-03, 01:33 PM
Terran shook his head.
"Nay, Tis....Gophers." His gaze suggested a dramatic clap of thunder. He picked up a set of garden shears.

"They art... Most polite."
His voice dripped with cold fury.

----

"You've only been there for a day," He pointed out with a smile as he walked along, drawing closer to the water.

---

A large bone like that, he just kept to him. Easy enough to do when he didn't have to focus on moving.

He rattled inquiringly, ala 'where are we going?'

Trobby
2013-02-03, 01:43 PM
"Gophers, you say? Polite gophers? What's so unpleasant about that?"

Ante was there. There was no telling how long she'd been there. Probably all of two seconds. Primarily because there was no longer any need to be anywhere but right there, within asking-for-instructions from Terran, just in time to hear his quip about gophers.

She wondered if perhaps some animal charisma might help talk the gophers out of thieving their vegetables.

Atreli
2013-02-03, 01:45 PM
"When your maid and especially when you're away from home, one day is an eternity." Lune said with a touch of sadness in her voice.

She wanted to say also, that he must understand what that's like but she didn't want to remind him of painful times.

In some ways they were same but still being two entirely different individuals. She looked over at him for moment then back to sea.

Lycan 01
2013-02-03, 01:51 PM
Yuki raises an eyebrow at Terran. "Gophers? Interesting. How exactly are they... polite?"

When Ante shows up, Yuki simply turns and gives her a nod of acknowledgment, before turning her attention back to the butler.

Deme
2013-02-04, 02:03 PM
To Ante, Terran gave a sigh.

"Ask this of me when *thou* hast spent a moonless night repairing the lawn after digging up their tunnels to stop their absconding with the fruit of my labors."

"As for the hows....Listen."

He laid down on the ground and put his ear to the earth. The maids that did the same would hear it...

"After you, old chap."
"No, no, after you."
"Oh, but I do insist."
"Nonsense, nonsense! It'd be quite rude of me otherwise."
"Oh, I know! Why don't we both pull at the same time!"
"Oh, what a splendid idea!"

There was faint clapping and giggling.

And then a turnip vanished.
----------------

Leon was reminded, was the thing: it was hard not to be reminded of something someone was complaining about when it'd been your existence for years.

...But he also wasn't going to say it. That would just create a feedback loop of worry and sadness, and he wouldn't put her to that.

Instead he smiled and kicked up the sand with a black hoof. No, instead, maybe some good nostalgia.

"...What is your home like, My shining moon?"

Trobby
2013-02-04, 05:44 PM
Ante, who had indeed been listening to the entire polite conversation, attempts to stop said turnip from disappearing beneath the surface, reaching after it if she must.

Athletics: [roll0]

Atreli
2013-02-05, 06:58 PM
" Definitely not as interesting as it is here. Down there it's all parties and pomp and circumstance. My family is the giving kind always helping out their fellow mermen. Though I am a princess, I do have many siblings that help me and teach me my lessons."

She paused as if wondering if she should say something then decided to just say it. " Although kindness sees no bounds in my family we are still part of a community that solves our problems through intense violence and and matches to the death. I came here really to enjoy a life where such sports were unheard of."

Her voice bordered on the melancahly throughout.

Deme
2013-02-06, 09:54 AM
Leon *liked* pomp and parties. He missed them both intensely. Circumstance, not so much, but parties -- oh, he missed a good ball.

"It sounds...Not all that different from life up here, excepting the violence. And even then; it depends on where you look."

Still, sensing the loneliness in her voice,

"Ah, but what does the past matter? Such a time has no place in matters of the present. Tell me, have you seen anything up here you like in particular?"

----

The gophers pulled down harder, working together.
[roll0][roll1]

Neither of them budged and inch, and each took 1 stress.

Atreli
2013-02-06, 12:31 PM
A small knowing smirk crossed her face at his question. " I must admit I love the notion of what food is like up here. "

She paused. " Do you find that silly?" Fumbling with the edge of her dress, she spoke again. " It is silly, what with so many other things to choose from but it's what I like."

Trobby
2013-02-06, 08:45 PM
Ante, who is not one to be dissuaded by the surprising strength of small rodents, and who has never before in her life seen a Warner Bros. cartoon, decides the only course of action is to put all her effort into it, and hope to out-endure the obnoxiously polite creatures.

Will: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2013-02-06, 09:21 PM
Yuki, sensing that Ante likely needs a bit of help, offers her a hand.

A literally hand, in the form of grabbing Ante's shoulders. Her left hand locks firming in place like a vice, though not tightly enough to hurt, while her right hand grabs a firm grip of the maid's uniform. She then gives a mighty tug, pulling back at the proper angle to get the best results. If her calculations are correct, she and Ante will avoid falling, the plant will be saved, and the gophers will be exposed (and swiftly dealt with). If her calculations are wrong...

Well, she owes Ante a bit of misfortune anyway.

Cunning: [roll0]

Deme
2013-02-06, 09:38 PM
"No, I think what people like...Is something they themselves only can judge. If you laughed at me for being interested in your people's music, would that be fair to laugh?"

Leon expounded as he went along. The sea, a pretty girl...Ah, it was lovely.

---

"Oh, I say! Quite the tough one!"
"Yes, yes, quite!"
"Would you care to pull a bit harder? I don't want to tire you out."
"No, no, if you're game, then of course I'm up for another go!"

And so the gophers pulled back harder.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The girls take 11 Stress divided between them, I think sounds fair -- you be the judges on how...

And then Ante gets pulled down as far into the hole as her body can go. The resulting pull is too much for the buttons on her blouse, since it's being held by Yuki...And they go flying, leaving her blouse open...And Yuki's arm can't exactly handle that, either, so it pops her hand off. What an unlucky day in that department.

This affair causes Terran, who was coming back after getting a shovel...
To freeze in place, blushing. His 'shoot, I opened the door at the wrong time' kicks in, and he drops the shovel and turns his back.

Trobby
2013-02-06, 10:03 PM
It is true that Ante had never seen a cartoon before in her life. And it also seemed that she didn't know the true rules of cartoon physics, which state that one's body should become half-submerged within the ground when pulled by an excessive force, such that one's skirt flares outward in a highly undignified manner. It is fortunate, then, that Ante had never studied cartoon law.

Unfortunately, this also meant that her arm was now completely buried in the ground, in a way that was all too realistically stuck. To say nothing of her lack of a blouse, which thankfully only left the back of her body and bra strap exposed for the moment.

Remarkably enough, she remained calm, if only to prevent agitating the all-powerful ground-dwelling rodents into gnawing at her now-submerged arm.

Slowly, she turns her face towards Terran, and cracks a wry smile.

"...ah yes....I can see now why they are such trouble. Ah...and now, I think I could use a little help."

Hawkflight
2013-02-06, 10:13 PM
Truth be told, Ante didn't get it at all. And the reason was far more severe than Hani could imagine.

Ante is a demon. A several hundred year old one at that. And although she was aware of the shorter life expectancy of humans, it was an alien idea to her. Saying then that Hani felt she wasn't maturing fast enough would be to her like a fly complaining it had far too long to live. It simply couldn't register for her.

And...of course...she rather liked the idea of having a little sister. She wouldn't say it aloud, but it made her feel a bit more...

"I shall go see what the other maids have set out to do for the day. When you're finished, find me or Terran, and we will give you something to do."

Hani nodded, and nibbled away at her french toast for a bit. When she was done, she 'maid' sure her uniform was on right and set out to find Ante. She entered the garden just as the polite gophers were mentioned.

"Oh, I say! Quite the tough one!"
"Yes, yes, quite!"
"Would you care to pull a bit harder? I don't want to tire you out."
"No, no, if you're game, then of course I'm up for another go!"

And so the gophers pulled back harder.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The girls take 11 Stress divided between them, I think sounds fair -- you be the judges on how...

And then Ante gets pulled down as far into the hole as her body can go. The resulting pull is too much for the buttons on her blouse, since it's being held by Yuki...And they go flying, leaving her blouse open...And Yuki's arm can't exactly handle that, either, so it pops her hand off. What an unlucky day in that department.

This affair causes Terran, who was coming back after getting a shovel...
To freeze in place, blushing. His 'shoot, I opened the door at the wrong time' kicks in, and he drops the shovel and turns his back.

Hani was curious about these polite gophers, so naturally she made the executive decision to investigate. But not before giggling quietly at Ante's misfortune. She quickly stifled herself, shifting into her kitten form to avoid being seen. Maybe, just maybe if she could convince the gophers to stop stealing these vegetables, or at least to share, then she could actually help. And that would make her very happy.

Rolling Will to find a gopher hole: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2013-02-06, 10:16 PM
Yuki staggers backwards, before quickly regaining her balance. She then holds up her left forearm, and studies the noticeable absence of anything beyond her wrist.

"Damnation," she states flatly with a scowl, before looking around for her hand. She's either ignoring Ante's plight, or is oblivious to it.

Deme
2013-02-06, 10:22 PM
Terran has, to save himself a load of awkward, switched his brain onto a special Terran-only frequency. He's not ignoring it -- rather, his entire system is devoted to convincing him that the shirtless girl behind him does not, in real world terms, exist.

In the Terran-frequency, he's having a nice morning in a composed garden, doing sword-drills. There's a pot of tea on the fire, the birds are singing...It's a very peaceful and quiet place, the Terran-Frequency.

---
Hani finds a hole! The gophers, meanwhile, are walking away with their prize, praising each other. Humans getting stuck? Who cares?

Trobby
2013-02-06, 10:23 PM
"Oh dear, not that again." Ante says with the sort of annoyance one does not save for missing limbs. "Today is not a lucky day for us, Yuki. Ah, maybe it got tangled up in my blouse?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-06, 10:23 PM
Hani finds a hole! The gophers, meanwhile, are walking away with their prize, praising each other. Humans getting stuck? Who cares?

"U-Um ... e-excuse me?" Hani said, sticking her head into the gopher hole.

Deme
2013-02-07, 12:50 PM
The gophers see the kitten. They're carrying their recent thefts under their arms in a comical size.

"Aaaaaahh! A cat! Please leave, if you wouldn't mind!" He turned to his identical companion and asked, "Would you care to flee screaming first?"

"I really think the honor should go to you."
"Oh, now, I do insist. Age before beauty, you know." By all indications, they are the same age. They also look the same size.
"Well, why don't we go together?"
"Oh, you always have the best ideas!"

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 02:36 PM
The gophers see the kitten. They're carrying their recent thefts under their arms in a comical size.

"Aaaaaahh! A cat! Please leave, if you wouldn't mind!" He turned to his identical companion and asked, "Would you care to flee screaming first?"

"I really think the honor should go to you."
"Oh, now, I do insist. Age before beauty, you know." By all indications, they are the same age. They also look the same size.
"Well, why don't we go together?"
"Oh, you always have the best ideas!"

"Oh!" Hani exclaimed. "Um, it's okay, um, I'm not going to h-hurt you," she said, slightly confused and a little hurt they would think that.

Lycan 01
2013-02-07, 02:43 PM
"Oh dear, not that again." Ante says with the sort of annoyance one does not save for missing limbs. "Today is not a lucky day for us, Yuki. Ah, maybe it got tangled up in my blouse?"

Yuki completely ignores Terran, Hani, the gophers, and everything else except for Ante. Very slowly, she turns her head so that her eye locks on the demon-maid. The corners of her mouth twitch slightly, forming a faint frown. A few sparks kick off from her severed wrist.

"This is not a good day for me," she flatly states, almost hissing it. She then turns her gaze towards a nearby apple tree, where the blouse and hand are tangled up in the branches. "Not a good day for me at all."

Atreli
2013-02-07, 03:47 PM
Lune laughed delightfully.

" You are very right Sir."

Deme
2013-02-07, 05:03 PM
Hole Truth

"Are you certain? You are a cat, after all."
"Quite right."

Apple Tree

Athletics check, please!

We Walked on the Beach Besides The Old Hotel Castle

"Perhaps so. Up to indulge my interest?" He said, trying to segue to what they came for.
"...Or is there something else on your mind?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-07, 05:25 PM
Hole Truth

"Are you certain? You are a cat, after all."
"Quite right."

Hani nodded certainly. "Y-Yes, absolutely," she said.

Trobby
2013-02-07, 06:17 PM
Ante looks up in the direction Yuki is, and sees the tatters of her blouse, grimacing in frustration.

"Hold on just a moment, and I shall ah, attempt to assist."

The demon maid attempts to pull herself free of the cartoon-physics hole, gophers be damned.

Atreli
2013-02-08, 10:51 AM
" I'm good thanks. " She smiled softly.

" Yes, let's get started. " She walked a bit forward, approaching the ocean. Parting her lips, she began to sing. At first it was just a melody, a simple sound but soon became a song.

The words didn't emerge as english but an ancient language, one most people had forgotten about. Her body began to transform as she sang. Flesh became hard as rubber, legs became a long frilled fish body with beautiful bright colors that seemed to glimmer even more in the sunlight.
As fingers became claws, she unbuttoned her maid uniform. Getting it wet and dirty would make her feel dreadful, she tucked it safely on a large rock to make sure it stayed as it was. Underneathe, her shells kept her from being embarrassed, rope belts of beads and small shells encircled her waist. As she took off her maid hat and placed it with her uniform, the beads and shells in her hair glinted.

It felt wonderful to be herself again. She laid right in the surf, carrying herself through the song, not just in her heart but from her lips. Blissful to be locked in this moment then any other.

Lycan 01
2013-02-09, 07:08 PM
Yuki rolls her eye, grabs Ante, and gives a huge yank to assist her.

---

Deme
2013-02-10, 10:06 AM
Above Ground

They succeed in pulling Ante out! And no one loses any limbs or anything this time!

Below Ground

"Well, then, friend cat. How do you do?" One of them asked. They bowed.

Beach

Leon may have been a bit surprised, to see the truth. But it was a good sort of surprise; he was glad it was true. And he was glad of the song. He sat down just beside the surf and listened to it, trying to guess the meaning of her heart in the way the melody rose and fell like the tide. He, too, could lose himself in a bit of music, and his eyes closed as if entering a peaceful sleep.

He could pick up the melody enough to hum it with her, and so did -- it actually seemed to be, excepting the foreign lyrics, some variation of an old local song he had heard as a child. His deeper melody on her higher one formed a peaceful harmony that rode on the back of the ocean waves.

Trobby
2013-02-10, 10:19 AM
"Ah, thank you, Yuki." Ante says, refraining from saying anything about 'losing an arm' herself, just barely. She dusts herself off a bit, frowning at the situation as a whole.

"Well, this is even more of a setback than before, but no matter! We shall persevere...ah, your hand. Let me get it for you."

Ignoring her lack of blouse for the moment, Ante marches right up to the apple tree, and attempts to jump up and retrieve the tatters of her former blouse, as well as Yuki's errant hand.

Atreli
2013-02-10, 01:15 PM
As the song came to an end the ocean took up playing in the background of their silence.

Pushing herself up on a large flat rock,different the one her maid uniform rested on, she closed her eyes for a moment, listening to the waves.

She then turned to him, contented bliss watching over her in that perfect moment. " That song is one I've always known and it's my favorite by far."

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 01:32 PM
Yuki simply stands idly by and lets Ante hop up and down to try and grab the blouse and severed hand. Her expression is one of bemusement, and doesn't change as her eye lazily looks the other maid over. "Hm. I think I would get more enjoyment out of this if I were a 'straight' male, or otherwise had a sexual interest in females," she offhandedly muses.

She's silent for a moment, before casually adding: "Interesting choice of brazier. It says a lot about you, you know..."

Trobby
2013-02-10, 02:48 PM
"..." Ante's face turns a bright scarlet shade, as she finally manages to get to the tatters and severed hand after one last big jump. She is thankful, at that moment, that nobody besides Yuki was watching her do this.

"...I suppose I do have that coming to me...as comeuppance for this morning's slight." She says with a tinge of regret, as she hands the metallic hand over to Yuki, holding her tattered blouse over herself, for what little modesty it can provide.

"...I do truly and earnestly apologize, for all the grief I have given you since we've arrived. You seem very hard-working, very capable, and very strong, where I have been naught but a burden to you. I typically pride myself on staying on-task and working harder than anyone...yet to you, I must seem like a buffoon. But...I shall prove to you otherwise, Yuki."

Of course, this ignores the earlier incident of heavy drinking and revelry that Yuki displayed just the other day, but we'll let that one slide for the moment on account of Ante's wounded pride.

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 02:52 PM
With a neutral expression, Yuki pops her hand back into place, and gives a few flicks of her wrist to make sure it's properly functioning again. "Miss Ante," she states with cool aloofness, not even bothering to look at the other maid. "I am not angry with you, nor do I judge you for how you do your job. Stop worrying." A few sparks kick off from Yuki's robotic hand. "Ah, there we go. Good as new."

Benson
2013-02-10, 02:58 PM
Skelly and Merry

"You know...it would be great if you could talk...or if we could develop s decent system of communication. I would love to know your story," She bent over and leaned her face toward's the skeleton's and stared, with her devlishly snaggletooth fang poking out a little.

She then shrugged and sighed and pulled the wagon out into the hallways.

Trobby
2013-02-10, 03:02 PM
"I ah...yes, of course...we should probably try to fill in these holes left by the gophers." She comments idly, apparently ignoring her current shortage of topwear.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 03:32 PM
Below Ground

"Well, then, friend cat. How do you do?" One of them asked. They bowed.

"Oh, um, I'm doing very good, thank you," said Hani, also bowing (albeit clumsily).

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 03:35 PM
"Or set traps," Yuki deadpans. "Nonlethal, of course. I doubt Terran or Prince Leon would approve of us murdering their talking vermin," the assassin observes with a sidelong glance at the offending holes.

Idea.

"I found a talking fox earlier. Perhaps we could enlist his assistance in running them off?"

Trobby
2013-02-10, 03:49 PM
"A fox? Hmm...yes, yes I think that might work." Ante says with a growing smirk. "Small enough to enter the holes, sly and carnivorous enough to act as a deterrent, and not a threat to any of us three...do you think he would be willing to help, though?"

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 03:53 PM
"I'm not sure," Yuki says with a slight frown. "I'm sure with enough motivation or bribery, though, we could get him to do it. Let's inform Sir Terran of our plans."

Yuki turns to look back over at the knight. "Sir Terran? We're going to go find a talking fox. Is this acceptable?"

Deme
2013-02-10, 09:26 PM
Skelly and Merry

"You know...it would be great if you could talk...or if we could develop s decent system of communication. I would love to know your story," She bent over and leaned her face toward's the skeleton's and stared, with her devlishly snaggletooth fang poking out a little.

She then shrugged and sighed and pulled the wagon out into the hallways.

He took one of his fingers and held it like a pen, and rattled a bit.

"Oh, um, I'm doing very good, thank you," said Hani, also bowing (albeit clumsily).

She instead fell forward onto one of the gophers.

"Oh my!"
"Oh dear! That vicious beast has fallen upon you like a wolf in the field!"

The remaining gopher tried punching her. It...didn't so much.

----------------------

Beach

"I think I heard the melody once, a long time ago. A beautiful song...

His voice was far-away and dreamy, still quietly attuned to the world of music as opposed to the world of man. It took him a moment to return to the mermaid in front of him, the rocks, and the sea.

"A beautiful song for a beautiful singer... I thank you for your gift, Lady Lune."

He stood and bowed, before returning to lean on the rocks she was on.

"Is there someway I could repay you that gift of beauty?"

---

Upper Garden

Terran put down his cup of tea...And tuned back into reality.

"...I hope 'twill end not in having to send talking hounds to catch the talking fox who is catching the talking gophers."

He observed, before adding,

"I shall attend to it with my trusty shovel in the meanwhile."

He went towards the garden shed to get it.

Hawkflight
2013-02-10, 09:37 PM
She instead fell forward onto one of the gophers.

"Oh my!"
"Oh dear! That vicious beast has fallen upon you like a wolf in the field!"

The remaining gopher tried punching her. It...didn't so much.

"Oh! I-I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to! It was an accident!" Hani hurriedly said, trying to calm them down as she stepped backwards.

Lycan 01
2013-02-10, 09:46 PM
Yuki nods, and then stalks off to find the science lab. Hopefully the fox is still napping there...

Atreli
2013-02-11, 04:09 PM
Lune stared out at the sea longingly before turning to him.

" You have no idea how grateful I would be if I could no longer be bunking with Ms. Merry."

She said with a short laugh.

Deme
2013-02-12, 10:35 AM
"...Ah, yes. Terran mentioned you had a bit of a squabble this morning."

Leon's master skill: putting it delicately.

"I meant something perhaps a bit more.... Personal, maybe? It's always my wish to see someone truly and sincerely happy."

--------------

Lab

The Fox was looking at the closed box with some curiosity, just sort of milling about.

------------

Gopher Tunnel

"Do not be led by its falsehoods!"
"Oh, no, no, no, not again!"

They fled down the tunnel way further....
But it did look broad enough for a certain enterprising kitty to follow.

Atreli
2013-02-12, 12:13 PM
Lune's eyes lowered. " I miss the water. Even though it's been such a short time away, I still want it."She sighed.

" Being able to swim freely in my down time would be lovely but I would have to be able to be close to the mansion in case of crazy, extenuating circumstances. Is there any chance of an indoor pool at the mansion and could I have permission to swim there?" She asked softly.

Lycan 01
2013-02-20, 08:49 PM
Yuki coughs to get the fox's attention. "I require your assistance with something," she flatly states, skipping straight to the chase. "We have a pest problem in the garden. Would you be willing to assist us in scaring off said pests?"

Deme
2013-02-20, 11:24 PM
"Sadly, there isn't. There isn't even an outdoor pool."

He shook his head regretfully; he'd like to grant her that, seeing her in her element.

"That said, you are always welcome to spend your free time here, or anywhere on the property you like; you're not stuck here."

Perhaps because he was, he smiled softly. He seemed very focused on something inside his head for a few minutes.

"...Would a large bath, like a hot spring, be sufficient?"

----

"An' what would be in it for me, cher?" Asked the fox, looking up at her.

Lycan 01
2013-02-20, 11:29 PM
Yuki stares blankly at the fox for a moment. "...What do foxes even like?"

This is going to go so smoothly.

Atreli
2013-02-21, 11:38 AM
Lune laughed, clearly delighted by his words.

" That would be very nice. Thank you."

Trobby
2013-02-21, 05:55 PM
"I imagine...not the same things that talking foxes like, necessarily." Ante points out. "What is it that you would like, sir fox?"

Hawkflight
2013-02-21, 08:12 PM
"Wait!" Hani cried weakly, as the gophers fled. Getting to her feet, she followed them down the tunnels.

Benson
2013-02-22, 02:35 PM
He took one of his fingers and held it like a pen, and rattled a bit.

"Oh?...You actually are able to write?" She asked as she took a glance around the room for a per chance case of luck of spying a pen and paper.

[roll0] Luck

Deme
2013-02-23, 02:37 PM
"Well, now dat's a clever thought rightdere. What do I...How about a nice bottle a' wine?"

The fox smiled and sniffed at Ante. His little fox-grin got bigger.

---------

Undergarden

The tunnels split. Which way did they go?
(For a few ideas of approach, there's luck, there's scenting it out carefully for will, there's laying in wait for their return for cunning, or stuff like that.)

-----------

Beach

"I think this castle had something like that once...However, it'd need repairing."

Oh, yes, and
[roll0] favor for earlier, with the song.

-----------

Merry's Room

The skeleton nods.

In the meanwhile, she finds a quill and some paper...
And no ink. Well, there had to be ink in the more regularly-used areas somewhere, right?

Hawkflight
2013-02-23, 03:28 PM
Hani paused as she reached the fork in the road. Pausing, she carefully sniffed around, trying to smell where the gophers had gone.

Trobby
2013-02-23, 04:08 PM
Ante searches the room desperately for a shawl or a sheet to cover herself up. But alas, she has no luck.

"Wine...I suppose we could get you some wine...nothing vintage mind you. I mean they are just gophers...but perhaps a nice dry merlot? Or do you have a sweeter taste, Mister...do you have a name?" It occurs to Ante that it was rather rude of them not to ask his name, but given that he is a talking fox and she is a shirtless demon, forgetting a few pleasantries is forgivable per the unusual circumstances.

Lycan 01
2013-02-23, 04:12 PM
Yuki, her expression neutral, looks back and forth between the semi-exposed daemoness and the grinning fox.

She can't help but feel like she just got a one-way ticket to Creepytown.

Atreli
2013-02-24, 02:41 PM
Lune jumped down off the rock and walked beside him.

" I can do that, no problem. I'll have to get started soon. Do you have any idea where in the castle it is?"" She gazed once more at the sea before turning to him.

" We should probably be heading back, I would be very embarrassed if I didn't even help a little with the work today."

Deme
2013-02-25, 11:32 AM
Undergarden

Roll will.

----

Foxy Room

Oh, she wished it would have been that creepytown. The fox padded about, nodding to himself.

"Who needs a name? Not foxes, anyway....Ah, for a bitta fun, y'all can call me Reynard. The merlot'll do just fine."

----

Beach

"Well, the morning is technically free-time...If there's work being done, it's because they want to do it...But the bath might be a bigger job than for just you..."

He raised his hand as if to tap his chin with it, and then thought better of it and put his hands behind his back.

"Well, we could always go fetch them."

Atreli
2013-02-25, 11:50 AM
" I'm sure they're already up to something. But I can always ask them later for help...maybe not Merry but I'm sure everyone else wouldn't mind with this little project."

Lune said with a shrug.

Trobby
2013-02-25, 12:17 PM
(Foxes and Demons)

Ah, a reference to classical literature. Truly he was a fox after her own heart.

Were it not completely silly, that is.

"Then to that, we shall be tasked...though if we have to go through more than three individuals to retrieve this bottle, then we'll just have to live with gophers."

Ante winced visibly, recalling yesterday's ordeal with Hani, and the horrible, horrible tasks that they had to complete.

Why, on any Earth, would a crocodile have bananas?!

Hawkflight
2013-02-25, 01:29 PM
Undergarden

Roll will.

....How did I not do that? >_<

Will: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2013-02-25, 04:59 PM
Yuki shrugs. "I do not think a simple bottle of wine will be a challenge. Worst case scenario, we send someone into the nearest town to buy or order some."

Deme
2013-02-26, 10:17 AM
Beach

"No, no; we should make a task of it; I'm sure Terran will be of use... Besides, the only other proper bath is in my rooms, and if everyone ends up traipsing through there, it'll be trouble."

----

Undergarden

She finds the two gophers heading out of a hole to the surface.

---------

Lab

"Well, ge' on to it!" He said, flopping onto a pile of...stuff... in the corner. "You'll have a devil of a time otherwise."

Trobby
2013-02-26, 10:42 AM
Now you might think a phrase like that would cause Ante to pause. And you'd be right, if this were a younger Ante, it would. This Ante, however, has been on the surface long enough that she has grown to accept this turn of phrase as a common part of human vernacular.

"We shall get on task immediately." Ante says, clasping her hands and turning to Yuki.

"Let's divide our efforts, Yuki. You can go inform Terran of our plan, and ask him if we have a wine cellar. While I..."

Okay, THIS gives her cause to pause.

"I shall go find Mozart. I'm certain that he would know where to find a good bottle. And he can help me find a new blouse...at the rate I have been going through them, we may very well soon need a bulk order."

Atreli
2013-02-26, 01:00 PM
" You're very right Sir." As they walked her fingers accidently brushed against his.

If she were anyone else, they might've had a cute moment but just wasn't meant to be.

She felt a sudden jolt and wondered if he had felt it too. Then a memory flashed through her mind, as if warning her that unhappiness and pain were right around the corner.

The box.

For a moment she wondered why she had seen that when she touched him? Had he seen too? How odd.

The memory continued, replaying the box's warning in her mind. Her eyes widened, things sliding into place like she had just caught a glimpse of the bigger picture.

Her hand shook as she brushed her fingers against his face. " You. It's you...who can open..." She mumbled. " ...the box..." Then it was gone.

Lune snapped out of whatever the hell that was. " What just happ-" Her feet automatically stepped back, begging her to run.

Hawkflight
2013-02-26, 01:28 PM
Hani decided to hang back for a moment, watching to see what the gophers would do.

Lycan 01
2013-02-26, 01:58 PM
Yuki nods, and stalks off to find Terran.

Assuming Terran is still working in the garden, Yuki slinks up close to him, though she stays a few feet away out of respect for his personal space. She clears her throat to get his attention, and then flatly states: "The fox requests a bottle of Merlot wine."

Trobby
2013-02-26, 05:10 PM
Ante likewise heads off to find Mozart. Or, failing that, the laundry room.

She takes the long way around, because she would rather not deal with the wardrobe at this time.

Deme
2013-02-26, 08:31 PM
Beach

"The box?"

Leon didn't understand what she meant. It was almost like he was just some sort of bloodline-based trigger for some sort of magical ward, with no psychic connection to it at all. Which...Of course...Said things about Lune.

"What box is this?"

Undergarden

They scurry up the hole and the surface, after a bit more 'after you'-ing.

Upper Garden

Terran was filling in gopher holes with his shovel; he seemed rather terse.
"The wine cellar? Tis under the larder, via a stair. Not far from the catacombs with the ice pit."

Terran replied easily, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow. He spots the gophers and gives chase, swinging the shovel like a sword.

Ante

Well, she has two choices; go directly to the laundry room, or hope to encounter someone (I will have to invent some sort of encounter table, easily done). Which will it be?

Hawkflight
2013-02-26, 11:32 PM
Hani followed the gophers, trying to remain unseen and see what they would do.

Trobby
2013-02-27, 12:37 PM
Ante

Well, she has two choices; go directly to the laundry room, or hope to encounter someone (I will have to invent some sort of encounter table, easily done). Which will it be?

Well, realistically, Ante has only been to the Laundry Room once while staying here. While it would not be a complicated search, the sheer size, and the fact that she is going the long way 'round, means there is a very real possibility for her to get lost.

And knowing her luck, a random encounter table would probably be giving her better odds anyway.

Let fate be decided by the table of the gods!

Atreli
2013-02-27, 06:01 PM
" The one in the lab." Lune said softly.

The carefree attitude of only moments ago was gone and in it's place was worry and many distracted thoughts.

Damn that horrible thing. It was such a beautiful day before now.

The mere thought of it made her cringe. It was like by merely bringing up in her mind that it could affect her and made her feel oh so strange.

Lycan 01
2013-02-28, 05:59 PM
"Catacombs with the....?" Yuki blinks a few times, trying to understand this information. When Terran goes after the gophers though, she simply shrugs and slinks off to find the wine cellar.

Deme
2013-02-28, 11:32 PM
Upper Gardens

Well, the gophers just sort of ran around to avoid Terran's shovel, and Terran chases after, having trouble using his swings to hit such tiny, low-to-the-ground opponents...

And then he notices the little tiger-kitten, sitting around the gopher hole. Most of the nonsensical animals...Have been in some way locals: bats, mice, seagulls, gophers...They all live here. That's how they got to be magic in the first place.

This...Hani-like creature was a foreigner...

"What art thou doing, crawling around in the dirt?"

He put down his shovel and knelt down next to the little creature, to be less giantly intimidating.

---

"...Oh, I think someone mentioned it...Is something wrong with that?"

Leon asked, leaning towards her with concern on his face. He was worried about her troubles, clearly.

----

Yuki

Terran was reffering to the path that led to the ice pit; it also, handily, seemed to lead other places... Roll something to determine success about finding the wine cellar for the first time.

((Trobby, give me a roll. No modifiers.))

Hawkflight
2013-03-01, 12:14 AM
Upper Gardens

Well, the gophers just sort of ran around to avoid Terran's shovel, and Terran chases after, having trouble using his swings to hit such tiny, low-to-the-ground opponents...

And then he notices the little tiger-kitten, sitting around the gopher hole. Most of the nonsensical animals...Have been in some way locals: bats, mice, seagulls, gophers...They all live here. That's how they got to be magic in the first place.

This...Hani-like creature was a foreigner...

"What art thou doing, crawling around in the dirt?"

He put down his shovel and knelt down next to the little creature, to be less giantly intimidating.

Hani yelped and dove for a gopher hole, fleeing the giant Terran.

Roll For Initiative Athletics: [roll0]

Deme
2013-03-01, 12:21 AM
...Yeah, that just isn't going to happen.

"Art thou actually Hani, or has too much magic and madness at last torn down the walls of my sanity?"

He asked, putting his hand over top of the hole.

Hawkflight
2013-03-01, 12:27 AM
Hani yelped again and dashed off in a different, random direction, focused more on fleeing than talking.

Luck Roll: [roll0]

Deme
2013-03-01, 12:32 AM
She ends up stumbling and running into a tangle of cucumber vines.

This was oddly just more convincing Terran of this.

"Needeth thou some help?"

Hawkflight
2013-03-01, 12:40 AM
She ends up stumbling and running into a tangle of cucumber vines.

This was oddly just more convincing Terran of this.

"Needeth thou some help?"

Hani simply struggled to get free of the vines.

*glares at the dice*

EDIT: You live for now, dice....

Lycan 01
2013-03-01, 12:41 AM
Yuki's fate is in Luck's hands, apparently.

Luck: [roll0]

Deme
2013-03-01, 12:43 AM
"What wert thou doing down there?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Hani...I'll admit this; I've no skill with children. I'm told I have a rather scary face...Tis this so?"

Well, he did have the eyepatch, but he also sort of looked like a fussy librarian. He just happened to have over 6 feet to have a scary body with.

Hawkflight
2013-03-01, 12:50 AM
Hani shook herself free of the vines, then heard Terran talking to her. For the first time, she looked up to see his face ... and promptly shrank back behind/into a convenient bush

Trobby
2013-03-01, 10:35 AM
((Trobby, give me a roll. No modifiers.))

Roll for luck!...Significantly better than Ante's usual roll for luck.

[roll0]

Atreli
2013-03-01, 01:05 PM
" No..."

She forced herself to walk beside him but kept enough space between to not risk contact.

Deeply afraid it would happen again just like before.

" I just don't like that...thing all that much. I feel so strange around it..."

Deme
2013-03-01, 10:05 PM
"...Ah...Should I get rid of it, then?"

He asked, looking concerned. He seemed to weigh the options for the situation and added, a bit more of his usual light tone slipping in,

"Compared to the treasure of a great beauty, the treasure hidden in a mere box is but a trifling I'll toss freely to the wind."

He waved a wing expressively, matching the motion with his hand. Or perhaps his wing just moved on its own to match it.

----
Ante

Ante rounds a corner to find... Mozart on the ground, examining some sort of small dustball and tossing it idly between his hands.

---

Terran sighed. Well, apparently he just had a scary face after all.

"Need I acquire the services of Sir Eleswyr, as an interpreter?"

Trobby
2013-03-01, 10:25 PM
Naturally, she would find him. A part of her wished that hadn't been exactly what she found, but it was better than finding herself lost again, at least.

Taking a breath, and holding her arms neutrally to the sides, she approaches the cat-man.

"Mozart, I require your assistance in finding a replacement blouse for my uniform."

Benson
2013-03-02, 03:41 AM
Merry's Room

The skeleton nods.

In the meanwhile, she finds a quill and some paper...
And no ink. Well, there had to be ink in the more regularly-used areas somewhere, right?

"Hauh...seems like we'll have to find some ink," She clicked her teeth and stuffed the paper and quill in her front maid apron pockets.

She then grabbed the wagon by the handle and pulled it out of the room and down the hall.

Atreli
2013-03-02, 12:47 PM
Deep inside her an unown rooted survival instinct reared forward.

"You can't! Please don't!" For a second it almost sounded like someone else's voice.

" I-I dunno. I hate it but I can't bear to see it go either. " She sighed heavily, instantly missing the days when her hardest thought was when to smile.

Deme
2013-03-04, 09:48 AM
"Hauh...seems like we'll have to find some ink," She clicked her teeth and stuffed the paper and quill in her front maid apron pockets.

She then grabbed the wagon by the handle and pulled it out of the room and down the hall.

Merry and the skeleton turned a corner and found Ante and Mozart...

Mozart quickly jumped to his feet, acting like you definitely did not see him playing with lint balls, no sirree. Instead, he crossed his arms and turned his head a bit, before replying to Ante with

"That man's got no patience; he couldn't even go one day with a new set of girls without clothing damage."

He sighed.

"Well, laundry's not far...I bet we have a spare."

------------

"...This box...Seems like a very odd thing. Do you mind terribly if I take a moment to investigate it?"

There was no reason he should need permission, on a practical level. The box was his, after all. However...Her happiness came before practicality.

Atreli
2013-03-04, 11:34 AM
"Oh no not at all Master Leon. " Lune closed her eyes for a moment, pushing away all mental images of said box.

" I'll accompany you there but I don't won't to be in the same room with it." She said firmly.

Trobby
2013-03-04, 05:45 PM
"'That man'?" Ante asked in a way that would likely upset a lit major, or at least a programmer. Is that the proper way to enclose single quotes for a double quote for a question? Mysteries we shall never know, readers of this post. Mysteries we shall never know.

"I assure you, whichever man you may be referring to, neither Leon nor Terran were responsible for this. 'Twas simply a mishap involving...gophers." She says, as if that is all anyone should need to ask.

"In any case, laundry would be most appreciated at this time...ah, and hello to you, Merry. Working hard, I presume?"

Ante is currently covered in dirt, blouseless, crossing her arms in front of her, and waving one hand to Merry idly like this isn't any worse than she's ever been through. At most, she looks mildly embarrassed to be found in such an unprofessional state.

Deme
2013-03-05, 09:26 AM
Beach

"Well then...Show me the way."

His brow furrowed with some mix of determination and concern.

----

Hallway

"...Gophers?"

He raised a single eyebrow...And then shook his head.

"Anyway, there's spare shirts in the work room. It's near the bedrooms, to the right if you're coming from them." He sighs. "Someone should have given you a real tour."

Atreli
2013-03-05, 11:39 AM
Her polite attitude wanted her to talk to him the whole way there but in reality, her thoughts were messy and all over the place.

I don't want to see the box. Those feelings under my skin! I don't want to feel this way! Somewhere inside me I almost feel like it's a message or maybe a warning.

That I've gone too far and am treading very close to the edge.

But the edge of what? What exactly am I afraid of? It's just an old box. Nothing more.

Right?

Silently, Lune made her way to the lab with Leon. Making sure she was to wait outside the door to the lab.

Trobby
2013-03-05, 07:03 PM
"Well, we have only been here for one day. We shall find our way around the place over time. Thank you for the guidance, Mozart. And ah...I shan't tell anyone what you were up to, either. On my honor."

Benson
2013-03-07, 06:09 PM
"In any case, laundry would be most appreciated at this time...ah, and hello to you, Merry. Working hard, I presume?"

Ante is currently covered in dirt, blouseless, crossing her arms in front of her, and waving one hand to Merry idly like this isn't any worse than she's ever been through. At most, she looks mildly embarrassed to be found in such an unprofessional state.

Merry awkwardly stared where she shouldn't have and blushed furiously. "Uh yes...right...working hard." She swished her head around and glanced at Skelly and then back at Ante which proved to not be such a good idea as it only caused her cheeks to redden again. "I..I was l-looking for ink-."

Deme
2013-03-08, 09:19 AM
Hallway

Skelly waved. Mozart stared.

"Hey, ol' bones? What's up?"

The skeleton rattled. Mozart nodded.

Lab

Leon approached the box. When he touched the lid, no message appeared. It came off easily, with the sound of air entering into it like a gasp.
And inside...

Well, actually, we have to determine how to determine what's inside.

Trobby
2013-03-16, 05:15 PM
Merry awkwardly stared where she shouldn't have and blushed furiously. "Uh yes...right...working hard." She swished her head around and glanced at Skelly and then back at Ante which proved to not be such a good idea as it only caused her cheeks to redden again. "I..I was l-looking for ink-."

"...I see..." Ante resolutely crosses her arms in front of herself, putting them in front of her chest. This, of course, only adds fuel to her fire to support her suspicions on Merry's...orientation, but she won't begrudge her for it.

"To what end are you looking for ink?"

Deme
2013-03-16, 05:17 PM
The skeleton made his miming writing gesture, if anyone noticed.

-----

Yuki finds the wine cellar! It is now locatable in the future, as well. It's a large cellar, with what appears to be a decent supply of very old wine... Actually, a good bit of it is probably too old.

But in front, there's some wine that isn't older than dirt.

Lycan 01
2013-03-16, 05:20 PM
Wine Cellar

Yuki takes a step forward... and then pauses. Frowning, she narrows her eye. "No. This is too easy."

Deme
2013-03-16, 05:22 PM
The Wine Cellar

Silence greets her. It is a cellar. It is full of wine. Some of it is dark.

Lycan 01
2013-03-16, 05:37 PM
Wine Cellar

Yuki narrows her eye even further, before giving a flick of her left wrist. Her trusty "kitchen" knife slips from her sleeve and into her waiting grasp, and she gives the blade a quick twirl between her fingers before assuming a strong defensive fighting stance. "Steady... steady..." she quietly mutters to herself, preparing for whatever horror lurks in the shadows around her.

Benson
2013-03-17, 01:06 AM
"...I see..." Ante resolutely crosses her arms in front of herself, putting them in front of her chest. This, of course, only adds fuel to her fire to support her suspicions on Merry's...orientation, but she won't begrudge her for it.

"To what end are you looking for ink?"

The skeleton made his miming writing gesture, if anyone noticed.

Merry found that she had been holding her breath as she awkwardly stared at Ante's chest area again, her cheeks puffing out a bit.

"Uh..ah..uhm.." She sputtered and took a breath. "So that Skelly can write, so that maybe we..I..we can learn about them."

Trobby
2013-03-17, 11:56 AM
"Ah, to communicate with others, so that he might explain his origins." Ante nods, ignoring what is obviously a bad attempt by Merry to hide her feelings.

Ante VERY much wishes she had a shirt right now.

"Mozart, perhaps you could assist Merry whilst I retrieve a shirt from the work room?"

Deme
2013-03-17, 05:22 PM
"He doesn't remember 'em. His origins, I mean. We've asked."

Mozart pointed out. He put his hands in his pockets and slouched comfortably.

"But yeah, I'll go with her."

-------------

Wine Cellar

Yuki narrows her eye even further, before giving a flick of her left wrist. Her trusty "kitchen" knife slips from her sleeve and into her waiting grasp, and she gives the blade a quick twirl between her fingers before assuming a strong defensive fighting stance. "Steady... steady..." she quietly mutters to herself, preparing for whatever horror lurks in the shadows around her.

A shadow in the distance twitches.

Lycan 01
2013-03-17, 08:54 PM
Yuki frowns. "Shadows don't twitch. Whatever you are, reveal yourself," she states as firmly and sternly as she can manage. "Otherwise I'll be forced to do something drastic. Like get a lantern. I doubt you'd like that."

Cunning to convince the twitchy-shadow-thing to reveal itself.

Hawkflight
2013-03-17, 10:04 PM
Terran sighed. Well, apparently he just had a scary face after all.

"Need I acquire the services of Sir Eleswyr, as an interpreter?"

Hani froze and shook her head violently. Why, the mere thought of someone else besides herself (and maybe Ante) touching the bear terrified her.

"N-n-n-no," she said quietly.

Atreli
2013-03-18, 12:37 PM
Multiple sounds that were quite like a clicking noise was the first to greet him. Lid after lid after lid freed itself for him.

There were so many boxes inside. So much fanfare...for what?

Orchids. That was only smell that hit him. The flowers were so many in number that it was almost impossible to see the fine dark blue lining underneathe. Most of the flowers were tied in ribbons at the stems, bunching some close together.

Red ribbon. Pink ribbon. All colors. Oh what a feast for the eyes this was. A work of living art.

Little white scraps of paper found themselves tied to the ribbons. Wishes. From who knows where. The writing inside them offered no clues as to what all this was about.

In the center of this was a single white pillow. Decorated with images of moons and stars. Laying there, looking sweet and almost vulnerable was tiny elfin girl, no bigger then a doll.

She had long waist length purple hair that had been perfectly arranged around her butterfly like wings. The wings, up close were much tougher then a normal monarch butterfly's but were styled to look that way. The colors on the wings differed a bit then the monarch's. It almost looked like a sunset, all those pinks, golds and blues and some purple here and there. It was not tied back, just laid around her. Her skin was pale as milk and only contrasting nicely to the purple eyelashes that laid against her cheeks.

Her body seemed to be the only thing feminine about her since her outfit was that of a warrior's. Wearing sky blue armor and cape, it bore the insignia of a setting sun with a butterfly in the middle. The armor covered every inch of her from the neck down, by her hand the helmet had been place. It had little metal butterfly wings on either side of it. She had no sword just a tiny innocent looking thing that resembled a slingshot.

This was not a coffin for the dead, but a moment frozen in time forever.

Deme
2013-03-19, 06:07 PM
Wine Cellar

A mouse scurries across her line of sight. It is not wearing a beret, and does not seem particularly intelligent or aware.

----
Garden

He smiled gently at the response, and did not rise to his feet.

"There we go. Was that so bad?"

----------

All them Words

Leon blinked. He had not expected...Anything of this sort. Was it a doll? a person? He couldn't tell by glance, and as much as he wanted to touch her, he also had no idea of her fragility. It'd be a pity to find out she was alive only to break her ribs or something.

Of course, there was a trick for this; years of theater shows had given him a variety of resources. He winced and plucked a small, downy feather from one of his wings, small and fluffy enough that even small stirs would move it... And carefully, held it before the mouth of the girl in the box. He watched the golden fluff of the feather with an intense focus shining in his silver eyes.

It moved, very slightly, to the fairy girl's breath.
"...Just what exactly...Is this place?"

He asked, suddenly feeling very small and alone, like the two yeas he had spent in the castle were really noting.

"Miss?"

He hated his hand, for not being able to touch her with more grace, more softness, then it did. One of his talon-fingers stroked the side of her cheek, to see if it would wake her.

Benson
2013-03-19, 06:15 PM
"He doesn't remember 'em. His origins, I mean. We've asked."

Mozart pointed out. He put his hands in his pockets and slouched comfortably.

"But yeah, I'll go with her."

"Ah, to communicate with others, so that he might explain his origins." Ante nods, ignoring what is obviously a bad attempt by Merry to hide her feelings.

Ante VERY much wishes she had a shirt right now.

"Mozart, perhaps you could assist Merry whilst I retrieve a shirt from the work room?"

"Right...yes..." She couldn't help but still awkwardly stare, it was like rubbernecking at a road accident. She took a deep breath and grasped the handle to the wagon.

"Uhm..yea,,,thank you...Mozart...Skelly will appreciate this regardless." She looked at the catdude and bobbed her head twice.

Lycan 01
2013-03-19, 06:20 PM
Yuki's eyebrow quirks. "Perhaps I should ask Monsieur Fox to come deal with the pest problems down here, as well..." she idly muses, still studying the room for any signs of movement or danger.

Trobby
2013-03-19, 06:44 PM
Ante, who has assumed that Mozart will take care of Merry's needs, and feeling no need to further embarrass the girl, wanders off to find the work rooms. Since it's near their sleeping quarters, it shouldn't be too hard to find her way there.

Atreli
2013-03-19, 07:00 PM
The fairy girl stirred slightly. Still caught up in a most wonderful dream and refusing to let it go.

Lune cried out as if in pain from the hallway.

Instantly she was standing in the doorway.

" Don't!" She looked deeply concerned and you could almost see the the sadness in her eyes.

"If you have any sort of affection for me at all Master Leon, please step away from her. I beg you!"

Deme
2013-03-20, 07:01 PM
Wine Cellar

There are none. Is it really trolling if she puts in all the effort?

Work Room

She does, in fact, find it easily. The room has some stacks of laundry, as well as some other things -- weapons, some polish for said weapons, a broken table and some tools...

Basically, this room seems to be home of any small work done around the manor, and the materials for said work.

Lab

Leon withdraws his hand. He doesn't want to hurt anyone in this situation... But the waters here are fairly complex, and he's not going to settle for halfway explanations.

"Lune, who is this girl?" He shakes his head and tries again. "Who is this girl to you?"

Pity that's all there are.

Trobby
2013-03-20, 08:45 PM
Ante makes note of this room. A useful room for doing any sort of hard work she might need to do, and also to find spare shirts, since this place seems to be eating hers roughly once every day.

As she finds and slips on a purple blouse, she contemplates her first two days here...well, a day and a half, to be true. She has just barely started to settle in, in fact. Yet she feels...

No...she can't let that feeling settle in...not yet...things are still too uncertain...not everyone knows yet...

She can't let them find out...not yet.

Tying up her blouse, and with a more determined look on her face, she heads for the wine cellar, to see if Yuki has made any progress. Though she has only been here a short time, she decides she can perhaps logic out where this cellar might be.

Lycan 01
2013-03-21, 03:41 PM
Yuki shrugs, and moves on forward to find the bottle of wine. She keeps her guard up, though, just in case...

Atreli
2013-03-21, 07:18 PM
Her hands instantly covered her face as she began to sob aloud. Small should shook underneathe her uniform.

" Please...I told you this was a terrible idea. " More then anything she wanted to run. In that moment of his touching her, she knew the truth of who was.

No one could know.

Not him, not anyone. " It doesn't matter who she is or who she is to me." The lie felt thick and horrid as it left her tongue like it had been tangible and dripping with poison.

" Just go. Lock her away for another millenia, she won't care. But I will, I can't look at her another moment, it hurts so much."

She stole a quick look at the fairy girl. Why are you the one to always get what you want? What happens to what I want?

Do you even care Astrid?

Deme
2013-03-22, 09:40 AM
Cellar

Yuki, her senses perked for full awareness, hears Ante coming down the hallway towards the wine cellar.

---

Lab

Leon couldn't do what she asked. It was that simple; he wasn't a monster. The fairy in the box was in his palace, wasn't she? Put simply, that meant that as far as he was concerned, she was under his protection.

...Of course, so was Lune. And since she would tell him nothing, there was nothing he could do. He left the girl in her safe spot for now, He walked over to Lune and wrapped his arms around her, using his body to block the box from her view.

"I won't make you look. I won't make you be near her, I promise, my dear... And I won't let her hurt you.
However, I also can't desert her."

----

Hallway

"Alright, alright...Ink, huh? I bet the boss has some."

Mozart smiled brightly...It was the sort of smile that you knew had a wicked idea behind it.

"Besides, I bet you'd want a peek in his room, huh?"

Lycan 01
2013-03-22, 02:45 PM
Yuki relaxes slightly, and opts to wait for Ante to arrive before pressing forward. She leans against a support beam with her arms folded, and when Ante enters, she gives the other maid a nod of greeting. "I see you have overcome the temptation to be indulge in nudist tendencies," she says in an aloof manner. It's hard to tell if she's joking or just being snarky. "Now that the hedonism is out of the way, perhaps you could assist me in looking for the wine? I must confess a slight feeling of suspicion about this quest. This cellar seems absolutely mundane - the mice don't even talk. Clearly something is amiss..."

Atreli
2013-03-22, 04:05 PM
It was a crazy situation. One she really didn't want to explain.

She leaned into him, yearning for support but if she stayed around him any longer she find herself opening up, sharing her newest and only darkest secret. That in the end you'll love only her. Will you remember me at all Master Leon?

Pulling away, she cast her eyes into his. " Thank you for your kindness but I must be getting back to work. " Curtseying quickly just to be polite, she dashed down the hallway before he could say anything.

Trobby
2013-03-22, 06:28 PM
Yuki relaxes slightly, and opts to wait for Ante to arrive before pressing forward. She leans against a support beam with her arms folded, and when Ante enters, she gives the other maid a nod of greeting. "I see you have overcome the temptation to be indulge in nudist tendencies," she says in an aloof manner. It's hard to tell if she's joking or just being snarky. "Now that the hedonism is out of the way, perhaps you could assist me in looking for the wine? I must confess a slight feeling of suspicion about this quest. This cellar seems absolutely mundane - the mice don't even talk. Clearly something is amiss..."

"It is remarkably mundane...but if it is so, then I suspect this task will be far less tricky than any other we have faced before." Ante asserts. "And yes, I did in fact decide against shirtlessness. Far too early in Spring for such behavior. Now, we just need to grab any bottle of wine, yes?"

Benson
2013-03-25, 05:59 PM
Hallway

"Alright, alright...Ink, huh? I bet the boss has some."

Mozart smiled brightly...It was the sort of smile that you knew had a wicked idea behind it.

"Besides, I bet you'd want a peek in his room, huh?"

"What?..!" She sputtered with a small flush on her cheeks, mostly resulting from what she interpreted his smile to be.

"No...!....Well...maybe.......yes." She finally admitted.

Lycan 01
2013-03-25, 06:44 PM
"It is remarkably mundane...but if it is so, then I suspect this task will be far less tricky than any other we have faced before." Ante asserts. "And yes, I did in fact decide against shirtlessness. Far too early in Spring for such behavior. Now, we just need to grab any bottle of wine, yes?"

Yuki nods to Ante. "I will find the bottle. Cover me."

The assassin then approaches the wine racks, and begins to search for the Merlot the fox requested.

Skill: [roll0]

Trobby
2013-03-25, 06:51 PM
And Ante....just sorta follows her, trying to keep an eye out for any cellar danger.

Deme
2013-03-26, 06:37 PM
She finds the merlot relatively easily; it seems to have been placed to be accessible.

-----

"Don't worry, don't worry, I won't tell...Let's just go get that ink, huh?"

He pads off towards Leon's room.

Atreli
2013-03-27, 10:25 AM
Without realizing where she was or even caring she had somehow run all the way into an empty stone cobbled courtyard. A small bench resting in the morning sunlight was all that grabbed her attention. Curling up into herself, a tiny ball of a human being, she let the world drift away.

In her mind, the secrets she had kept from him unfolded and blossomed into horrible thoughts. She couldn't say it, not to herself, not to anyone. What happens when they all find out?

I wish there was a way Astrid and I could both live but that's just the girl who's lived the fairytale life talking. Astrid, why did you do this to me? Why can't you be the fake and I, the sleeping beauty who he'll love?

For now, she would cry and cry until there were no more tears and only then would she pick herself up and get back to work with that smile plastered on her face. Maybe if she smiled all the time, no one could tell how much she felt like screaming inside.

Lycan 01
2013-03-29, 05:11 PM
Yuki picks up the bottle and frowns. "Way too easy. Ante, watch your back."

Trobby
2013-03-29, 06:31 PM
"Or perhaps this is the one place here where absolutely nothing dangerous will come out and attack us or charge at us or request our help in adorable little french accents that are not really french...speaking of which, let's just get this wine to that fox."

Ante proceeds towards the exit they came in.

Deme
2013-03-30, 07:53 PM
And then...Something small lands on the back of her neck!

Yuki:
It is a small spider.

Lycan 01
2013-03-30, 08:29 PM
Yuki slightly raises her eyebrow. "There's a spider on you," she deadpans.

Trobby
2013-03-30, 11:07 PM
Ante freezes in place.

Now it may have been months since this narrator created Ante, spawned from the combination of random fate and thoughtful construction, and he may have not paid much heed to some of these more superfluous traits in the past, but he has remembered, in this case, that the demon girl is, in fact, a bit of a neat freak.

It is bad enough that she has been subject to quite a lot of dirt and grime today. The fact that a spider is currently crawling up her neck...well...

[roll0]

That alone is quite a stressful experience.

"Y-yuki...in your experience, have you any knowledge of what types of spiders are and are not...poisonous?" Ante says, remaining as still as a statue.

Lycan 01
2013-03-30, 11:12 PM
Another deadpan response. "Do you really want to know the answer to that question?"

Trobby
2013-03-31, 08:51 AM
"...It will be okay...as long as...I don't...pan...pani..GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITO FF!!"

Ante starts flailing about wildly, her sense of responsibility finally being outweighed by her sense of being creeped out by a spider on her neck.

Lycan 01
2013-03-31, 06:35 PM
Yuki takes a step back so as not to be hit by a flailing limb. Her expression is still a neutral deadpan, aside from the slightly raised brow.

Benson
2013-04-01, 11:28 AM
"Don't worry, don't worry, I won't tell...Let's just go get that ink, huh?"

He pads off towards Leon's room.

She awkwardly nodded her head and followed after him towards Leon's room.

Trobby
2013-04-01, 06:15 PM
Yuki takes a step back so as not to be hit by a flailing limb. Her expression is still a neutral deadpan, aside from the slightly raised brow.

Ante eventually resorts to stop, drop and roll, which is NOT how to get rid of a spider, but perhaps all of that shaking and flailing will somehow get it off her neck anyway.

Deme
2013-04-02, 07:49 PM
Wine Cellar

The spider is flung up with such force that it breaks through the ceiling of the cellar, and up through the kitchen ceiling, and up and up through the ruined floors...
For a moment, it hangs high in the air above the manor, seeing everything -- Lune returining indoors with a fake smile, Leon sulking in the rose maze, the manor with its damages...
It even sees the path of birds and clouds beneath it.

And then it plummets back to earth.

Meanwhile, in the garden...

Where it lands on Terran's nose at a speed that renders it like a punch, slamming into Terran's nose. Terran sighs and -- with care because he suspects Hani of delicate sensibilities -- brushes it aside, where it skitters away.

He massages his nose.

"...Allowed narry a moment's peace, eh, Miss Hani?"

-------------

Leon's Room

Mozart doesn't even bother checking the door; he just strides in like he owns the place.

The room, as described before, is an opulent-looking room. It's divided into the front area, with an armchair and loveseat, and a nice desk facing the window. Beyond the divider is the sleeping area, with its 4-poster bed.

The desk has on it a few pieces of sheet music fluttering about... And several large drawers.

"Hm. I've never gotten this stuff, no matter how much of it he talks to me about. How do you make sound from tadpoles?"

Mozart picks up the music with a complete lack of care, crumpling it in his hand.

Trobby
2013-04-02, 08:08 PM
Having removed the offending arachnid, Ante stands up and dusts herself off of any cobwebs or...dust that got on her.

"Is it gone? Is it off? Has the offending venomous deadly creature left my body?"

Lycan 01
2013-04-02, 08:16 PM
Yuki stares for a moment, before rendering her answer in the same deadpan as before, her face a mask of neutrality.

"No."

Trobby
2013-04-02, 08:24 PM
Ante continues to Flail.

It's not very effective...

Lycan 01
2013-04-02, 08:32 PM
"I believe it is now in your hair," Yuki deadpans.

Trobby
2013-04-02, 08:57 PM
She proceeds to throw off her headdress and start shaking her hair about wildly, making it even more unruly than it originally was.

It also, inadvertently, completely exposes her demon horns, as well as her slightly pointed ears, not as long as an elf's but curved all the same.