PDA

View Full Version : Changing to Outsider

SSGoW
2012-06-07, 09:04 PM
When you obtain the Outsider (Native) type say through Knight of the Sacred Seal what does it give you?

What do you gain? What do you lose (if anything)?

Do you from that point gain all good saves? Darkvision?

Do you gain full BAB even if you take a level in something like Wizard?

I have never dealt with changing my type so I have no clue really where to look... I'm on the SRD but I'm not sure where to look since I've been reading around the types and using the search...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Also it is quite sad you gain the monk capstone as early as Binder 1/Paladin (or Fighter) 4/ KoSS 5. ECL 10 (i'm sure there may be an earlier way but still it beats the monk by at least 10 levels).

Urpriest
2012-06-07, 10:18 PM
All good saves and full BAB are features of outsider hit dice, not traits of the outsider type. You gain everything under Traits, and none of the stuff under Features. You might want to check out my Monster handbook, this sort of thing is one of the topics it covers.

Bloodgruve
2012-06-07, 10:50 PM
You also get some nifty options when using Alter Self..

Blood~

Andezzar
2012-06-08, 01:00 AM
Also Enlarge Person, Charm/Dominate Person and any other spell that needs a humanoid as target cease to work on you.

SSGoW
2012-06-08, 10:29 AM
Ok so first of all ... Monk 20 is horrible ... Since the monk needs all those spells... Wow..

Anyways..

I was looking for Alter Self on the SRD wand list. I didn't see it so can Alter Self be put into a wand? Actually a Eternal Wand would work just fine.

Is there a list here on GiTP that shows a list of things to turn into via Alter Self? I'm already a Fey so I was wondering if there was some good fey types along with outsider types.

I'm about to use the search function but it usually doesn't work for me -_-;;;

Telonius
2012-06-08, 10:49 AM
Ok so first of all ... Monk 20 is horrible ... Since the monk needs all those spells... Wow..

Outsider is the least of the reasons Monk20 is horrible. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways..

I was looking for Alter Self on the SRD wand list. I didn't see it so can Alter Self be put into a wand? Actually a Eternal Wand would work just fine.
Alter Self can definitely be put into a wand; they just didn't bother listing all of the spells in the PHB if they followed the usual guidelines. Base price is 4500 (for a Wizard crafter), or 6000 (for Sorc or Bard). Away from the books at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were an Eternal Wand of it either.

Is there a list here on GiTP that shows a list of things to turn into via Alter Self? I'm already a Fey so I was wondering if there was some good fey types along with outsider types.

There's one here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203958).

I'm about to use the search function but it usually doesn't work for me -_-;;;

The search function's link is here (https://www.google.com/). :smallcool:

Bloodgruve
2012-06-08, 01:06 PM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=343.0) is also a good resource for Alter Self options.

GL
Blood~