PDA

View Full Version : Riverine Sizing Morphing Flying Buckler Question

The Rabbler
2012-06-07, 09:28 PM
For anyone not aware: The item in the title allows you to have an extremely versatile animated wall of force back you up at any given time.

My question for the playground is regarding whether or not morphing the shield into a gnome twist-cloak would provide you with a cloth-like wall of force (I'm thinking easily movable but practically indestructible) and, if so, what some clever uses of such an item would be.

VGLordR2
2012-06-07, 09:56 PM
Isn't Morphing only applicable to weapons?

Also, I think Riverine only applies to armor.

Agent 451
2012-06-07, 10:53 PM
Riverine applies to both armor and shields.

Darrin
2012-06-08, 05:48 AM
For anyone not aware: The item in the title allows you to have an extremely versatile animated wall of force back you up at any given time.

Morphing won't actually work for this, since a tower shield, unlike other shields, isn't considered a melee bashing weapon. You need a Riverine Variable Sizing Flying Shield (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10294124&postcount=5) for this to work.

My question for the playground is regarding whether or not morphing the shield into a gnome twist-cloak would provide you with a cloth-like wall of force (I'm thinking easily movable but practically indestructible) and, if so, what some clever uses of such an item would be.

You may be confusing two items. Gnome Twist Cloth is armor, and can't use shield or weapon enhancements. Gnome Battle Cloak is listed with the shields, but isn't actually considered a shield. From the description in Races of Stone:

"This exotic shield is not a shield in the typical sense, but rather a special cloak that can be used to foil an opponent’s attacks. Since the cloak is not really a shield, it confers no shield bonus to wearers who do not have the appropriate exotic shield proficiency." (emphasis added)

While taking Exotic Shield Proficiency allows you to get a shield bonus, it doesn't actually make the Gnome Battle Cloak into a shield. At least, that's how I'd parse it.