PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necrogear

leegi0n
2012-06-08, 09:02 AM
Playgrounders,

I'm building a straight class Dread Necro to lvl. 20. I am going to give him the MM2 death knight template as well, trading the armor and weapons abilities for natural armor, etc. He will basically look like the classic priest with the robe/hood, etc., which leads me to a couple of questions:

1.) Would the fear bonus of Dread Necromancer stack with the fear bonus of Death Knight?

2.) I've never built a Dread Necromancer and am building him to be just what the class was designed for...creator of the undead horde. So, what gear would be appropo for this kinda guy? He will be CR 20+ and an NPC and needs to be beefy. Obviously, something for CHA boost. Is there some type of robe that emits smoke or anything like that? Any other gear ideas?

Thanks ~

edit: I thought SURELY someone would respond to this one...

Namfuak
2012-06-08, 02:56 PM
Part of the problem may be that a lot of people like me are at work and therefore are AFB/only have a few on PDF, so they can't check. If both penalties have the same type (profane, morale), they probably don't stack, but a few penalty types (and untyped penalties) do stack so long as they aren't from the same source, which I would argue these are not.

leegi0n
2012-06-08, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the response. I didn't think about the work thing.

Venusaur
2012-06-08, 03:34 PM
Evolved undead gives natural armor and charisma. You can use that a few times.
Mithral armor is never bad either.

leegi0n
2012-06-08, 03:36 PM
Evolved undead gives natural armor and charisma. You can use that a few times.
Mithral armor is never bad either.

Where do I find info regarding "evolved undead?"

Toliudar
2012-06-08, 04:09 PM
This guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872470/New_Dread_Necromancer_Handbook) has some useful recommendations for feats, minions and gear for a dread necromancer.

Also, please note that if you add on the death knight template, you stop being humanoid, and so become ineligible for the lich transformation at level 20 of dread necro. If you're starting at a lower level, then, I'd suggest you plan to leave DN earlier (after level 8 is a popular point), or else talk with your DM about this issue and try to get some kind of special dispensation.

Venusaur
2012-06-08, 08:18 PM
Where do I find info regarding "evolved undead?"

Libris mortis

Slipperychicken
2012-06-08, 11:59 PM
The title made me imagine clockwork armor infused with the power of Death itself. Think Mechanus Gear, but cackling with black magic and moaning with the screams of the damned.

I am disappoint. :smallfrown:

leegi0n
2012-06-09, 01:00 PM
This guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872470/New_Dread_Necromancer_Handbook) has some useful recommendations for feats, minions and gear for a dread necromancer.

Also, please note that if you add on the death knight template, you stop being humanoid, and so become ineligible for the lich transformation at level 20 of dread necro. If you're starting at a lower level, then, I'd suggest you plan to leave DN earlier (after level 8 is a popular point), or else talk with your DM about this issue and try to get some kind of special dispensation.

what if I was to mix something like corrupt avenger? is that class even worth my time? It looks cool, but some of the best things in life look cool, but utterly stink.