PDA

View Full Version : [3.P]Bestow Grace of the Champion

Karoht
2012-06-08, 11:33 AM
This is a spell that grants half your level in Paladin Levels on a given target. At my current level of 16 I get access to 8 Levels of Paladin
I was wondering...

Now, the only high Charisma people in the party are myself playing an Oracle, a Gunslinger, and a Witch. Gunslinger and Oracle are rocking some very high Charisma, so we would get some really high saves and LOTS of Lay on Hands per day. Witch has a 25 Charisma and would get less benefit.

If I ever get a favor from a God, it will be to have that spell Perminancy'd, but that is besides the point.

As far as I understand, I get saves boosted, I get Lay on Hands (1x 7th Level Spell for a heck of a lot of free healing as a swift action), and I get to Smite Evil.
I'm a Life Mystery Oracle, so I have Channel. Would it be worth it to pick up the feat Channel Smite? To combo up with my Smite Evil attempts? I think the action economy of such a strike would be questionable at best. Declare Smite Evil on Target, Channel Smite to empower my weapon with my Channel Dice, next round attack? Plus, I have to have the spell already active. Sounds a bit too convoluted on paper, but is is just one feat.

Also, I know there is a Class Feature for Paladins to turn Lay on Hands into Channel attempts at a rate of 2 Lay on Hands for 1 Channel. I highly doubt I can get access to this class feature via the spell, but if it's possible, could I burn those Lay on Hands into Channels?

Thoughts? Tips on usage? Abuse potential?

deuxhero
2012-06-08, 02:23 PM
Nope

When a paladin reaches 4th level, she gains the supernatural ability to channel positive energy like a cleric. Using this ability consumes two uses of her lay on hands ability.

It's how the Paladin's channel pool is fueled and the Paladin doesn't actually get one.

Personally the spell is most useful for the Razmiran Priest Sorc archetype (or given 3.P stats, Archivist) who can access it long before Paladins. You are better off with just getting a Bestow Grace+Extend Rod if you aren't a battle oracle because it lasts longer.

Curiously Bestow Grace 1: Stacks with actual Paladiness 2: Requires just a good creature and not Lawful Good.

Douglas
2012-06-08, 02:56 PM
Curiously Bestow Grace 1: Stacks with actual Paladiness 2: Requires just a good creature and not Lawful Good.
According to the source (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bestow-grace-of-the-champion) I use, neither of these is correct.

deuxhero
2012-06-08, 03:53 PM
Bestow Grace!=Bestow Grace of Champion

BGoC is the "greater" version of Bestow Grace.