PDA

View Full Version : The Labyrinth Knight v2

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 02:27 PM
The following class is
Tier: Cipher.
(In other words, to hell with balance as you know it)

Labyrinth Knight
Labyrinth Knights are above the standard power level, due to them hailing from a time/space where giant mecha and world destroying battleships exist.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/BaseFew.jpg

Agent K: There are things out there you don't need to know about.
Agent J: That's not the lie you told me when you recruited me!

Labyrinth Knights are soldiers from across the stretches of the Multiverse. They guard, shield, and are the avenging arm or Cosmic Law. Anything that threatens the balance of an intelligent planet is their enemy. Anything that threatens to change the course of history, past present or future is their enemy. Outside intruders seeking to control a lesser planet, is their enemy. The Labyrinth Knights are always there, in the background, watching, waiting. Not all Sects of the Knights share totally the same ideas, many operate more freely in worlds they are charged with protection of. And they may even work in the open on worlds of technology close enough to they're own.

Adventures:
Labyrinth Knights of freer Sects may openly travel, usually in disguise, with Natives of what ever planet they serve on. Otherwise, the Labyrinth Knights are essentially a Multi-Universal SWAT team that all together, keep balance in the cosmos. If a threat occurs, a task force is dispatched to deal with the problem no matter how long it takes. But beyond the orders of the higher ups, Labyrinth Knights are free to judge for themselves when a situation is overbalancing. They are like universal police officers, and will smite unlawful governments down, and eliminate threats to the plane they guard. Whats more, however, this "protection" is more then just to defend, but also to keep technology from advancing too far on planets that have not already advanced beyond a certain point. You wondered why Steampunk seems to be the most advance any D&D plane gets? Now you know...

Characteristics:
Labyrinth Knights are special soldiers of time and space that seek to keep the strands of reality in shape. As such they are specially trained in combat, special weapons use, strategy, tactics, and even histories and knowledge of the world they serve on.

Alignment:
Labyrinth Knights are almost exclusively True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, or Lawful Good. Any other mindset is usually deemed unstable, and incapable of true judgment with which to maintain peace.

Religion:
Labyrinth Knights in general have seen countless deities and so called gods. They've seen nearly as much fall, sometimes by they're own hand. As such they do not care much for worship of "Higher Powers" these days.

Background:
Usually one is born into the Knights, Occasionally however a Native may be recruited to serve they're home plane by becoming a Labyrinth Knights. The process doesn't include just anyone, they must fit the criteria and show a correct mindset in not just community, or of peace, but of balance and a heart for the protection of the world. Someone who is completely free of racist thought and open to new ideas and experiences.

Races:
Any race may become a Labyrinth Knight. From the generic Humanoid to the crazy intelligent tentacle monster. The Labyrinth Knights were Human founded, but it proved unprofitable to be an exclusive group when one is striving to achieve peace across the infinite expanses of not one universe, but the entire Multiverse.

Other Classes:
If a problem becomes severe, Labyrinth Knights may openly show themselves and willingly cooperate with Native classes. Sometimes they do so anyway especially in High-Tech to High-Magic worlds where they're tech can more easily pass off. Otherwise Labyrinth Knights are trained to be completely unbiased towards all things, Race, Gender, Class hardly makes a difference.

Role:
Labyrinth Knights are trained with many skills and capabilities. Labyrinth Knights do not skimp on training, and are raised from birth to become what they are. Labyrinth Knights can fill most roles depending on their preference.

Adaptation:
Granted, letting a High Tech soldier into a fantasy world may strike a cord with some, or even send some into a red faced frenzy. But in a world where wizards and sorcerers are delving into powerful magics of time and space, its only natural something would slip through. Something that either attracts the Labyrinth Knights to your dimension, or perhaps even sucking a team, or a single Labyrinth Knight through by incident.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Labyrinth Knights's have the following game statistics.
Abilities:
Intelligence comes first for a Labyrinth Knight, The intelligence with which to learn, to adapt, and to know when to make a judgement call. When your smart, you die less. Labyrinth Knights don't like to die. Lots of paperwork. Intelligence also guides the Knight's ability to manifest psionic abilities, every Knight is expected to know a trick or two of the mind.
Dexterity comes next for a Labyrinth Knight, Dexterity guides their hand, improves hand eye coordination, and lets the Knight fire the first shot in any around. Any Knight is expected to be quick on their feat as well as their mind. A Knight who is not quick enough, is a Knight more likely to die in combat. Again, Paperwork is never fun.
Constitution is the third most important trait for a Knight. As a Knight, it is expected that they will travel a lot. See new things, be exposed to new diseases and sicknesses. Whats more, for all the dexterity and intelligence in the world, knights tend to get stabbed more then once every so often. It helps to be able to take a hit, so they don't die.
Strength and Wisdom go a long way on a Knight as well, but if there was to be a fourth it would be Charisma. A Knight needs to know how to blend in, to disguise, to know what and when to speak and to talk her way out of inquisitive neighbors asking what the giant metal pointy thing your back yard is. This also helps them to not die, which is always good.

Alignment:
True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, and Lawful Good
Hit Die:
d10
Starting Age:
As rogue
Starting Gold:
4d6x10
Class Skills
The Labyrinth Knight's class skills are:
Autohypnosis, Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Scrip, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Psicraft, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight Of Hand, Speak Language, Spellcraft*, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, Use Rope
*The Labyrinth Knight can only use spellcraft for identifying the arcane.

Skill Points at First Level:
(8 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level:
8 + Int modifier

The Labyrinth Knight
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special Features|Power Points|Powers Known|Max Power Level

1st|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+0|Code, Ordinance, Suit |
2 |
1 |

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+0|
+0|Iron Will, Evasion |
6 |
2 |

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+1| Improvement |
11 |
3 |

4th|
+4|
+1|
+1|
+1| |
17 |
4 |

5th|
+5|
+1|
+1|
+1| Improvement |
17 |
5 |

6th|
+6/1|
+2|
+2|
+2|Slippery Mind |
25 |
6 |

7th|
+7/2|
+2|
+2|
+2| Improvement |
35 |
7 |

8th|
+8/3|
+2|
+2|
+2| Mettle |
46 |
8 |

9th|
+9/4|
+3|
+3|
+3| Improvement |
58 |
9 |

10th|
+10/5|
+3|
+3|
+3|Improved Evasion, Officer |
88 |
10 |

11th|
+11/6/1|
+3|
+3|
+3| Improvement |
106 |
11 |

12th|
+12/7/2|
+4|
+4|
+4|Indomitable Will |
126 |
12 |

13th|
+13/8/3|
+4|
+4|
+4| Improvement |
147 |
13 |

14th|
+14/9/4|
+4|
+4|
+4| |
170 |
14 |

15th|
+15/10/5|
+5|
+5|
+5| Improvement |
195 |
15 |

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+5|
+5|
+5|Impenetrable Fortitude |
221 |
16 |

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+5|
+5|
+5| Improvement |
250 |
17 |

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+6|
+6|
+6| |
280 |
18 |

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+6|
+6|
+6| Improvement |
311 |
19 |

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+6|
+6|
+6| Captain |
343 |
20 |
9[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Labyrinth Knight.

Weapons and Armor:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/sample.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/sample-1c691626d510434ee04ff6074f7925d6.jpg)
Compared to the tech of her age, the weapons she is exposed to are simplistic... She is proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons, and can become proficient with an exotic weapon if she sees it used once, or spends a minute studying its form and taking 15 minutes practicing with it for a bit.
She is proficient in all Light and Medium armors, but not Heavy Armors. She is proficient with all shields, including Tower shields.

Code:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/Coded.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/d1d8e5cbf2b57855def2ff222c9db705.png)
A Labyrinth Knight has a code. They are not allowed to reveal their status as a Knight, and are not to do anything that would further the advancement of technology among the locals. They can't answer questions about the universe, about time and space, and cannot reveal how any of their out of place equipment works. They are allowed to use their equipment in front of others, but only sparingly.
A Labyrinth Knight who intentionally reveals what she knows about how the universe works, about the secrets of Time and Space, or gives one of her futuristic items to a Local, she is discharged as a Knight and set to have her memories erased, as well as those she gave or told anything to, then be left on the planet. Everyone else still knows about her, and if she made any relations they would still remember them. But the Labyrinth Knight is completely and utterly without memory. If she was recruited from a planet, she remembers her life before she became a Labyrinth Knight, but nothing afterwards.
This removes all class levels, but the potential is still there, and those levels can be retrained as something else.

Power Points:
The number of power points the Knight has to spend per day. Bonus points as a Psion for having a higher Intelligence stat.
Except as listed here, the Knight manifests Powers in every way as a Psion does. Including selecting a Discipline.

Powers Known:
The number of Psionic Powers the Knight knows.

Maximum Power level:
The maximum power level of a power the Knight can use.

Ordinance:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/Ordinances.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/sample-42fc72a60f4acfe9527ae77d1ce674ec.jpg)
Labyrinth Knights are given a unique weapon with which they can guard their assigned location. This weapon is not usable by anyone other then a Labyrinth Knight as anything other then an improvised melee weapon, as if it was nothing but a piece of awkward metal.
There are a few overlining traits for an Ordinance, which governs its type. There are then Improvements which can be made on the item. The Knight starts by choosing her type, which cannot be changed, and choosing one improvement at first level and every other Improvement level thereafter.
Any type of ordinance has three modes; Shoot to kill, dealing lethal damage. Set to stun, dealing nonlethal damage. And training mode, which harmlessly dissipates on an impact.

Types:
Longshot:
Longshots are weapons that deal very high damage at long ranges but with very slow reloading times between each shot and equally slow rates of fire on average.
Longshots start out with 2d10 damage, one shot per round maximum, reloading time 2 rounds, reload after every shot. Longshot has a range increment of 200ft

Radidfire:
Rapidfires are averaged size weapons that fire very quickly and have average reloading times, but deal less damage then the others on average.
Rapidfire starts out with 1d4 damage, always fires 3 shots per attack, full round action to reload, reload after every 30 shots. Rapidfire has a range increment of 100ft. At 20th level, they'd get four attacks a round from BaB resulting in 12 shots, 3 each. Roll once for each set of three however.

Concealed:
Concealed weapons are small, more easily hidden weapons with average damage, and average rate of fire and very quick reloading speeds on average.
Concealed starts out with 2d6 damage, one shot per attack, move action to reload, reload after every 16 shots. Concealed has a range increment of 50ft

Personal:
Personal weapons are weapons for those who like to get up close and personal. Personal weapons have melee range, but can deal very large amounts of damage with very slow rates of fire but no reloading speed, or average damage with quick rates of fire and no reloading speed.
Personal starts out with either: 2d12 damage, no reloading, one attack per turn maximum, and a cool down of one round. This weapon is a large melee weapon.
Or. 1d8 damage, no reloading, no cool down. This is an average or small sized melee weapon.

Suit:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/suitup.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/828ec14fe47332469e8ac4de823fe040.jpg)
Each Labyrinth Knight gets a special Suit to call there own. This suit varies from individuals. They are all potent and specialized for varied uses.
A level one Knight chooses what type of suit to use, this cannot be changed, each suit has its own features and there are different classes of suits. Like her ordinance, the Suit can be upgraded at each Improvement level along side the ordinance.
All suits can be called to appear on the Knight as a swift action, or dismissed for the same.

Types:
Heavy:
Heavy Suits are large and bulky. They are powered by an internal power source to aid in maneuverability. These suits have the best defense of all the Suits.
Heavy Suits start with a +8 armor bonus and a -5 armor check penalty. Speed is reduced by 15ft in a Heavy suit.

Medium:
Medium Suits are moderate in size, they are not very bulky and are considered standard issue. They have a medium level of protection while balancing defense with mobility.
Medium suits start with a +4 armor bonus and a -1 armor check penalty, speed is reduced by 5ft in a Medium suit.

Light:
Light suits are light, they are often a lot sleeker. They don't have any penalties to skills and don't limit mobility at all. They have the second least benefit to their armor class.
Light suits start with a +2 armor bonus.

Covert:
Covert Suits aren't really suits at all. They are special defensive items that provide indirect means at defense and are the best at improving mobility and stealth and come with an Aversion field that helps modify the perception of individuals looking into the field. The field's distortion adds a certain deflection bonus to its defense as well, which serves to negate predicted threats.
Covert suits start with a +1 deflection bonus. But there is a 5% chance that a creature will not notice a Covert suited Knight. Roll whenever a creature would notice the Knight, such as on a failed Hide check.

No Suit:
You do not have a Suit. Instead, you gain an extra Weapon improvement when you would normally gain a Suit improvement.

Improvements:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/Improvements.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/sample-a5bfe8d4f77a9f21ca7971e13b72625a.jpg)
Improvements are modifications on your weapon that allow it to be more unique and effective. Improvements are gained at each level marked with Improvements in the table; 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and so on.
Unless otherwise stated, an Improvement can be added only once. An asterisk means it can be taken once more per asterisk. *** would mean it can be taken three times.
At every Improvement level, you can also retrain up to two past Improvements before or after your new Improvement.

Improvements are as follows:

Statistical Increase:

Suit:

Lv 1+

*+2 Armor Bonus: Heavy, Medium, Light
*+1 Deflection: Covert
**-1 Armor Check Penalty: Heavy, Medium
+5ft Movement Speed: Heavy, Medium
****+5% Nondetection Chance: Covert

Lv 7+

+4 Armor Bonus: Heavy, Medium
*+2 Deflection: Covert
-2 Armor Check Penalty: Heavy, Medium
+10% Nondetection Chance: Covert

Lv 13+

+5 Armor Bonus: Heavy, Medium
+4 Armor Bonus: Light
+3 Deflection: Covert
-4 Armor Check Penalty: Heavy, Medium
+15% Nondetection Chance: Covert

Lv 19+

+10 Armor Bonus: Heavy, Medium
+5 Armor Bonus: Light
+4 Deflection: Covert
-5 ACP: Heavy, Medium
+25% Nondetection Chance: Covert

Ordinance:

Lv 1+

+1 die: Any
+50% Range: Long, Rapid, Concealed
+1 Shot: Long.
+5 Shots: Rapid, Concealed.

Lv 7+

+100% Range: Long, Rapid, Concealed.
+1 Shot: Long
+10 Shots: Rapid, Concealed
-1 Round Cooldown: Personal

Lv 13+

+200% Range: Long, Rapid, Concealed
+1 Shot: Long
+10 Shots: Rapid, Concealed

Lv 19+

+2 dice: Any
+400% Range: Long
+200% Range: Rapid, Concealed
+2 Shots: Long
+20 Shots: Rapid, Concealed

Kinetic Energy Adaption:
A Suit or Ordinance can be adapted to only one element at a time.

Suit:

Lv 1+

Fire: 5 Fire resistance
Frost: 5 Cold Resistance
Electricity: 5 Electric Resistance
Corrosion: 5 Acid Resistance

Lv 7+

Fire: 10 Fire Resistance
Frost: 10 Cold Resistance
Electricity: 10 Electric Resistance
Corrosion: 10 Acid Resistance

Lv 13+

Fire: 15 Fire Resistance
Frost: 15 Cold Resistance
Electricity: 15 Electric Resistance
Corrosion: 15 Acid Resistance

Lv 19+

Fire: Fire Immunity
Frost: Cold Immunity
Electricity: Electric Immunity
Corrosion: Acid Immunity

Ordinance:

Lv 1+

Fire: +1d6 Fire damage
Frost: +1d6 Cold damage
Shock: +1d6 Electric damage
Acid: +1d6 Acid damage

Lv 7+

Fire: +2d4 Fire damage
Frost: +2d4 Cold damage
Shock: +2d4 Electric damage
Acid: +2d4 Acid damage.

Lv 13+

Fire: +2d6 Fire damage. +2d10 on Critical Hit
Frost: +2d6 Cold damage. +2d10 on Critical Hit
Shock: +2d6 Electric damage. +2d10 on Critical Hit
Acid: +2d6 Electric damage. +2d10 on Critical Hit

Lv 19+

Fire: +2d8 Fire damage. +4d12 on Critical Hit
Frost: +2d8 Cold damage. +4d12 on Critical Hit
Shock: +2d8 Electric damage. +4d12 on Critical Hit
Acid: +2d8 Acid damage. +4d12 on Critical Hit

Iron Will:
At second level, the Knight gets the Iron Will feat for free.

Slippery Mind:
At sixth level, the Knight gets the Slipper Mind ability as a Rogue.

Evasion:
At second level the Knight gains the Evasion ability, as Rogue.

Improved Evasion:
At 10th level, the Knight gains Improved Evasion, as a rogue.

Mettle:
At eighth level, the Knight gains the Mettle ability. Which is to say, when a Will or Fortitude ability would still effect them on a successful save, they instead take no effect.

Indomitable Will: At twelfth level whenever the Knight fails a will save, she instead takes half damage if such an option is available. If it is an attempt to get into her mind via compulsion, or Mind-effecting, she is not effected.
Impenetrable Fortitude: At sixteenth level whenever the Knight fails a fort save, she instead takes the half damage if such an option is available. If an effect would occur on a successful save, she takes no effect.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/Officer.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/7ce4cd13b1be76a0a8eb62cb8da07489.jpg)
Officer:
You become an Officer. Your Will save progression becomes Good and changes to match a Good save of your level.
You gain special implants and endure a reinforcement treatment that grants to DR10/Adamantine as your skeletal structure is now bonded with a highly durable metal alloy. Your flesh is laced with microscopic robots that constantly heal and repair damage to you regardless of your consciousness. You gain regeneration equal to your class levels, as they are wirelessly improved by your superiors. This regeneration is overcome by Negative energy damage.
Small implants in your brain boost your Psionic capability. You gain the ability to perform Telekinetic Thrust, Telekinetic Force, and Telekinetic maneuver at will, and gain Telepathy with a range of 100ft.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/Captain.jpg (http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/5689b7141fb2e56224820e08b2c1d685.jpg)
Captain:
You become a Captain. Your Reflex and Fortitude save progressions become good and change to match a good save of your level.
You gain advanced, secret implants and endure a bonding treatment that improves upon your existing conditions and adds further perks of your new rank.
You gain DR 20/-, as your skeletal structure is adapted with Hyperdiamond materials. Your skeletal structure is also altered and replaced in areas with mechanical counterparts, these parts serve to produce more nanites and your flesh is literally teeming with the small robots that can wirelessly connect to one another to complete neural pathways at distances. They can sever muscle and cells on your whim, and seal off areas of damage temporarily, allowing you to sever a limb and have it perform an action at a range of 100ft. The nanites generate there own gravity which they use for movement, with so many of them in your system, you can use this to your advantage. You become immune to gravitational powers and spells, and have a flight speed equal to twice your land speed at perfect maneuverability.
The nanites improved efficiency and quantity allow them to repair you faster. You gain regeneration equal to 15+Class levels. Regeneration is now self sufficient. It is only overcome by Negative energy damage. But, the Labyrinth Knight is considered to have Resistance 15 to Negative Energy.
Psionic implants in your brain allow you to use your Thrust, Force and Maneuver telekinetic abilities used as if they were Power level 9 instead of 3 and 4. You gain Telekinetic Sphere, Time Hop-Mass and Psionic Teleport at will. You can perform Time Stop, Time Regression, and Timeless Body once per day at no cost.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/Cipherthe3vil/RedLegend.jpg

Welknair
2012-06-08, 03:35 PM
I'm somewhat cautious of a class that has the same PP as a Psion and yet has a Full BAB and d10 HD, plus tons of combat abilities.

And with Rapidfire, do you mean that taking a Standard Action to attack shoots three times? Because it "Always fires three shots per attack". If so, are all of these at full BAB? How does this interact with iterative attacks?

eftexar
2012-06-08, 03:49 PM
Ah I remember seeing the first iteration. I was sad you never finished it.

I'm going to second welknair on the powers and power points. What about using the psychic warrior progression?

I think each of the different types of weapons needs some sort of unique minor boon to go with them.
Some ideas I have are: you can take aim with longshot ignoring partial concealment, you can split each iterative burst (I assume the first 3 would be at bab 20, then the next at 15 and so on) among multiple targets, concealed has a mechanic to gain 1d6 extra damage against an unaware opponent, and personal can be used as a blunt weapon.

NeoSeraphi
2012-06-08, 04:00 PM
At eighth level, the Knight gains the Mettle ability. Which is to say, when a Will or Fortitude ability would still effect them on a successful save, they instead take no effect.

Fixed that for you.

Class looks good. Lots of cool pictures. I tend to stay away from modern-feel classes (especially classes that use firearms) so I will say no more. I hope this version works out for you.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 04:08 PM
I'm somewhat cautious of a class that has the same PP as a Psion and yet has a Full BAB and d10 HD, plus tons of combat abilities.

And with Rapidfire, do you mean that taking a Standard Action to attack shoots three times? Because it "Always fires three shots per attack". If so, are all of these at full BAB? How does this interact with iterative attacks?
Yes. Everytime the weapon would make a normal attack, it instead fires three. So its pretty much 3d4 each attack. But they're subject to things like DR independently, and can independently carry effects with them.
So each attack. That means at 20th, that's 4 attacks for 12 shots.

Ah I remember seeing the first iteration. I was sad you never finished it.

I'm going to second welknair on the powers and power points. What about using the psychic warrior progression?

I think each of the different types of weapons needs some sort of unique minor boon to go with them.
Some ideas I have are: you can take aim with longshot ignoring partial concealment, you can split each iterative burst (I assume the first 3 would be at bab 20, then the next at 15 and so on) among multiple targets, concealed has a mechanic to gain 1d6 extra damage against an unaware opponent, and personal can be used as a blunt weapon.

I'm still sort of thinking on the Improvements and what I can do to make the Ordinances and Suits more appealing and unique feeling.
I barely have a skeleton up for the Improvements. Needs a lot of work, it feels kinda boring right now.

It has the power points and list of a Psion, but but the Powers Known of a Psychic Warrior. Yes...

Welknair
2012-06-08, 04:42 PM
Yes. Everytime the weapon would make a normal attack, it instead fires three. So its pretty much 3d4 each attack. But they're subject to things like DR independently, and can independently carry effects with them.
So each attack. That means at 20th, that's 4 attacks for 12 shots.

It has the power points and list of a Psion, but but the Powers Known of a Psychic Warrior. Yes...

Rapid: Ah, alright. I'd suggest clarifying that. It also seems like you intend each shot in an attack to use the same attack roll? My first thought was that each shot was treated as a separate attack. Which it kind of is, kind of isn't. It's probably worth clearing that up.

Psionics: I realized that they had many fewer powers known.. Still, they have access to 9th level Powers, and the PP to back that up as if they were a Psion. 9th level powers PLUS all the combat abilities they gain. They aren't terribly versatile, but they are still very powerful. I second the suggestion to at least take the Psionics down to Psychic Warrior level.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 04:51 PM
2Rapid: Ah, alright. I'd suggest clarifying that. It also seems like you intend each shot in an attack to use the same attack roll? My first thought was that each shot was treated as a separate attack. Which it kind of is, kind of isn't. It's probably worth clearing that up.

1Psionics: I realized that they had many fewer powers known.. Still, they have access to 9th level Powers, and the PP to back that up as if they were a Psion. 9th level powers PLUS all the combat abilities they gain. They aren't terribly versatile, but they are still very powerful. I second the suggestion to at least take the Psionics down to Psychic Warrior level.

1No... They are as intended... No powerdown :smallamused:

2mmk.

radmelon
2012-06-08, 08:03 PM
Also, officer (and captain) are quite powerful, maybe too much for level 10. Also, you need to specify what the regeneration is overcome by. Regen of that magnitude is very powerful, maybe fast healing instead?

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 08:13 PM
Also, officer (and captain) are quite powerful, maybe too much for level 10. Also, you need to specify what the regeneration is overcome by. Regen of that magnitude is very powerful, maybe fast healing instead?

Negative Energy damage, added. As Negative Energy outright kills cells and withers the flesh, making it harder for the Nanites to heal...

Welknair
2012-06-08, 08:31 PM

Seconded. ANY regeneration makes the regen-haver very difficult to kill. Like, annoyingly so. And Negative Energy isn't something you'll encounter as often as things like Fire or Acid. I second Fast Healing.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 08:42 PM
Labyrinth Knights are universal warriors charged to defend a planet from all threats of destruction. They are powerful, All beings at that level are powerful. They Need to be powerful, they are expected to take on greater challenges and even in the face of death preserver until the day they die in the line of duty.

Welknair
2012-06-08, 08:47 PM
Labyrinth Knights are universal warriors charged to defend a planet from all threats of destruction. They are powerful, All beings at that level are powerful. They Need to be powerful, they are expected to take on greater challenges and even in the face of death preserver until the day they die in the line of duty.

...Are you saying that they aren't meant to be balanced to a "Normal" level because of their station? If so, that would have been nice to know before I gave any critique. If they're intentionally more powerful than other classes, you ought to note that.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 08:56 PM
...Are you saying that they aren't meant to be balanced to a "Normal" level because of their station? If so, that would have been nice to know before I gave any critique. If they're intentionally more powerful than other classes, you ought to note that.

Hmmmm...

Maybe, Mybad.

I somewhat assumed it was a given, giving full psion power points, full BAB, awesome pictures, carefully crafted formatting, and the defend-the-world fluff.

Awesome pictures mean that anything is going to be more epic >;3 That's why I have 9 of them. 16 if you count the bigger versions by clicking the image.
That and it needed the thematic update, since Labyrinth Knight was so long coming...
Maybe I'll go back and fix my Pirate I also never finished.

radmelon
2012-06-08, 09:24 PM
Well, if you're not really looking at any sort of balance then I'm out, as this class is pretty much destined for use as NPCs only, if that.

Welknair
2012-06-08, 09:34 PM
Hmmmm...

Maybe, Mybad.

I somewhat assumed it was a given, giving full psion power points, full BAB, awesome pictures, carefully crafted formatting, and the defend-the-world fluff.

It is a very cool class with fun features and good fluff. The only problem it has is not complying with standard balance levels. Given the number of abilities you have, it may be conducive to have an all-Knight team of PCs. Apart from that, it will be, as Radmelon said, only ever an NPC. I would recommend making a note at the top explaining the balance level you had in mind here. You can't rely on it to be "A given". The default assumption is that it's balanced to the usual level.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-08, 09:45 PM
It is a very cool class with fun features and good fluff. The only problem it has is not complying with standard balance levels. Given the number of abilities you have, it may be conducive to have an all-Knight team of PCs. Apart from that, it will be, as Radmelon said, only ever an NPC. I would recommend making a note at the top explaining the balance level you had in mind here. You can't rely on it to be "A given". The default assumption is that it's balanced to the usual level.

Its a character based off Science Fiction in a d&d world. There is little logical reasoning why an agent like this wouldn't be Wizard Level or more. People in the future are much more meticulous about these kinda things... I mean, where they come from there are giant mecha and planet-destroying lasers.

So yes. I suppose I should put a note somewhere pointing that out.

Elfstone
2012-06-09, 09:22 AM

It could also make a creating a solo game for it rather easy, since it might be able to handle the challenges of a whole party....

Im concerned about the Rapidfire + 2d8 damage. At 20th, assuming they all hit, no resistance blah blah blah average damage is going to be something like this.

Rapidfire= 3d8 or 3(4.5)*4[Improved dice]+4*2(4.5)[Energy Damage]=54+36=90 damage on average per full attack.

I'd calculate out the rest but Im actually now for at a loss... When you say +1 die I assumed you meant dice size or 1d6>1d8... Which would make sense, and I adjusted the Rapidfire accordingly (3d4>3d6>3d8) since each "shot" is different. But when you have a single shot like the Longshot, it makes power a little different. Do you mean 2d12>2d14, which would require a virtual roller for many tables (I don't have any 14 sided die...) or would we use some other form of advancement? 3d8 followed by 4d6? Did you want minimum damage raised or max damage raised...

Yeah, either im still half a sleep or some clarification is needed. My initial complaint was just that since you ruled each shot is affected by DR differently, energy damage would be added to each and I thought that was a bit excessive, meaning everyone would just take the rapidfire... Can they be enchanted? If so, I'd slap Metaline on a Rapidfire and just improve the damage dice like crazy.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-09, 09:31 AM
It could also make a creating a solo game for it rather easy, since it might be able to handle the challenges of a whole party....

Rather part of the point, you may notice they are largely solitary.

Im concerned about the Rapidfire + 2d8 damage. At 20th, assuming they all hit, no resistance blah blah blah average damage is going to be something like this.

Rapidfire= 3d8 or 3(4.5)*4[Improved dice]+4*2(4.5)[Energy Damage]=54+36=90 damage on average per full attack.

I'd calculate out the rest but Im actually now for at a loss... When you say +1 die I assumed you meant dice size or 1d6>1d8... Which would make sense, and I adjusted the Rapidfire accordingly (3d4>3d6>3d8) since each "shot" is different. But when you have a single shot like the Longshot, it makes power a little different. Do you mean 2d12>2d14, which would require a virtual roller for many tables (I don't have any 14 sided die...) or would we use some other form of advancement? 3d8 followed by 4d6? Did you want minimum damage raised or max damage raised...

Yeah, either im still half a sleep or some clarification is needed. My initial complaint was just that since you ruled each shot is affected by DR differently, energy damage would be added to each and I thought that was a bit excessive, meaning everyone would just take the rapidfire... Can they be enchanted? If so, I'd slap Metaline on a Rapidfire and just improve the damage dice like crazy.

Its +1 die. Not +1 die size :smallconfused:
For rapid fire it would mean just adding another shot per attack. For 4d4, 4 shots, instead of 3.
If that helps anything.
Isn't 90damage in a full attack at 20th rather normal?

Elfstone
2012-06-09, 01:26 PM
Ah. I was confused with the shots and so forth. As I said, I have no problems with the damage. Its totally fine. I'd have a problem with on gun significantly out damaging the others to the point that the other balancing factors are pointless.

So the damage breakdown is something like

(Since I read the dice upgrades wrong, the most you can have is something like +5, assuming you take it every time, correct?)
Rapidfire:80 weapon + 288 Energy (8 shots, 4 attacks, 9 damage on average for all of them...)
Longshot: 45.5 weapon + 9 Energy
Concealed:98 weapon + 36 Energy
Personal: 52.5 weapon + 9 energy every other round..

And that is precisely what I was afraid of. Yes, you burn through 24 shots per round with a Rapidfire, but the damage output is pretty staggering... At least compared to the others. I also would not handicap the Personal or Longshot with the cooldown/long reload(1 round should be enough for the longshot) or the 1 per round restriction.

Instead, I'd make the Longshot have two shots per round maximum, but have both of them use the highest possible Attack Bonus (since the are more accurate)
This puts the longshot at 91 weapon and 18 energy per round. Its closer to the Concealed than before, and it has a significant range. Perhaps allow for an aiming function to add rounds spent aiming in d6s to damage?

The Personal... Either make the damage go up faster or slow it down and make it more than once per round.

Also, you never answered if the weapons can be Enchanted with Weapon Enhancements. Or if you did I missed it. :smallfrown:

Cipher Stars
2012-06-09, 01:46 PM
Ah. I was confused with the shots and so forth. As I said, I have no problems with the damage. Its totally fine. I'd have a problem with on gun significantly out damaging the others to the point that the other balancing factors are pointless.

So the damage breakdown is something like

(Since I read the dice upgrades wrong, the most you can have is something like +5, assuming you take it every time, correct?)
Rapidfire:80 weapon + 288 Energy (8 shots, 4 attacks, 9 damage on average for all of them...)
Longshot: 45.5 weapon + 9 Energy
Concealed:98 weapon + 36 Energy
Personal: 52.5 weapon + 9 energy every other round..

And that is precisely what I was afraid of. Yes, you burn through 24 shots per round with a Rapidfire, but the damage output is pretty staggering... At least compared to the others. I also would not handicap the Personal or Longshot with the cooldown/long reload(1 round should be enough for the longshot) or the 1 per round restriction.

Instead, I'd make the Longshot have two shots per round maximum, but have both of them use the highest possible Attack Bonus (since the are more accurate)
This puts the longshot at 91 weapon and 18 energy per round. Its closer to the Concealed than before, and it has a significant range. Perhaps allow for an aiming function to add rounds spent aiming in d6s to damage?

The Personal... Either make the damage go up faster or slow it down and make it more than once per round.

Also, you never answered if the weapons can be Enchanted with Weapon Enhancements. Or if you did I missed it. :smallfrown:

288 energy? Was that a typo? (Since you don't seem to address it and it sounds like something you'd address)

Then again, I can see how it could not a typo.

I had a similar problem on my Elemental Slayer. I had stated that it can apply Ki Element damage to all its attacks. Not noticing that at level ten that'd be nearly 100 damage with the standard action flurry- all the time.
I had to edit that just yesterday right when I noticed it.

I'll get around to fixing these things here. I'm a touch busy right now to do any real thinking and fixing.

Elfstone
2012-06-09, 03:11 PM
2d8 damage right? thats (1+9)/2[average]*2=9.
9*8 shots * 4 attacks. =288.

No problem. Just dont forget about enhancements!