2012-06-08, 07:14 PM
Owner of this Hall: rweird - Samwise Doth

Retainers of this Hall:
Istari - Sir Kay the Loyal
TsukikoJ - Sir Damon the Fair
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr
Ninjaman - Nartin the Faithful
Ascaloth - Claricia The Fay

A blizzard howled and raged around the plains of Amarlethe like the echoes of an ancient battle. The year was even grimmer than the last. As the growing seasons shortened and the winter winds bit sharper and crueler over the past five years, a general sense of impending doom came to define the mood in the kingdom. In the fields and hamlets, peasants talked of winter swelling and swelling to devour the other seasons. Meanwhile, the voices of prophets and madmen filled the market towns, crying the wrath of God or even of archaic spirits, who rise once again from their enchanted groves to torment men. But, in the keep of castle Hald-Amar, between its thick stone walls and sturdy timbers unmarred by stone or steel, the great King Conn Korgal held his court a feast. From every county of Amarlethe, every knight and damsel gathered to this feast, and over every kind of dainty they forgot the winter and closing in. Here were glowing hearths and the warmth of wine to lift the spirits.
Now, at this feast, the good King Conn Korgal declared, “My good brave knights, true men of steel and valor to match the heroes of olden times, who, it is reputed, killed monsters and ogres in the country, let us put aside our arms today. And, being not warriors when there is no war to fight but against the foul weather (a monster not for us to slay) let us make merry and no strife.” And so the feast commenced in spectacular fashion. The court emptied, stripped and made desolate plates, platters, tankards, and carcass bones as fast they could be replaced on the tables. They sang and danced, made toasts and jokes, and all agreed, especially king Conn Korgal, the only thing missing from the feast was a bard to sing epics of the heroes of old. But then,

“Such a lack is not so bad, as far as dearths might go,”
said the patched robes in a cold, dark corner of the hall.
“Just ope your mouth and ask for it, and look here, lo.”

Standing by the hall’s great gate, stood a figure dark and tall
“A bard ye sought, a song ye asked, and I’ve come o gracious host”
Clad in rags and patches, he bowed toward King Korgal

“I’ve a tale to sing you, one that’s praiseworthy most.
A tale of Amarlethe, long before your reign
Back when fairies woods did haunt, and serpents swam the coast.

And men of faith and piety sought out this land to tame.”
King Korgal cheered approval, “dear bard, then sing for us!
I’ve food and drink and silver, so tell what epic is your aim!”

“My song is of a time when this land knew no King.
It was a time of dark and treachery, but also light and just.
Ruled as it was by three great Lords who in three great Halls dwelt

And with their men they sheltered from the coming storm
For it was then as it is now, a time of frost and famine…

edit: One thing I forgot to mention elsewhere and seems like it'd be really handy. Whenever you post in your Hall's thread, include a copy of your most current character sheet at the end of the post. This should help logistics a lot and will be added to the rulebook asap. >_>

Ascaloth
2012-06-08, 11:47 PM
And it was a time of frost and famine indeed, one that had touched even the gates of the great hall Dothenguard, where Lord Samwise Doth dwelt. As the guards shiver in their posts, they sight a lone figure coming up the path to the great gates.

A petite frame wrapped in a Drab Cloak pulled up to cover its head, the small figure looked absolutely wretched as it came closer to the gates. Sighting the guards who came to challenge its way, the figure stopped short as ordered, and pulled the Drab Cloak back over its head...

...to reveal a young lass who could not have seen many winters, much less one like this. And not just a young lass, one with dark hair and sea-green eyes, striking features in a land where such a combination would be rare if not non-existent.

Yet, that is still not the most intriguing part of her, for unlike when she was just an anonymous figure walking up the path, the young lass looked anything but wretched; in fact, flushed cheeks, ice-fogged breath and frosted robes aside, it was like she barely felt the freezing cold as she flashed the guards a smile, like she didn't have a care in this wretched world.

Instead of answering the challenge to identify herself, she beamed and rubbed her belly.

"Hungry," she said still smiling. "Nosh?"

Retainer’s Name: Claricia, the Fey
Hall: Dothenguard
Traits: Wanderlust, Cowardly
Equipment: Runestone, Drab Cloak
Valor: 0
Aim: 0
Guile: 1 (+1)
Sorcery: 4 (+2)
Resistance: 1
Honor: 0
Default Tactic: Magic
Religion: Old Gods

rweird
2012-06-09, 07:48 AM
At the top of his tower, lord Doth stands surveying the surrounding area, he is clad in heavy furs, looking down to his hall, he spies a cloaked newcomer, interest sparked he instructs a messenger, "Find out who this newcomer is, if they wish to meet with with me, grant their request, and send the other messenger, I have a task for him."

"Yes, Sire." the messenger replies exiting. "I will do as you instruct."

Lord Doth nodded and turned back to the newcomer, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something different about her, that the spirits went with this individual, and guided this newcomer's footsteps. This newcomer may be an asset in this campaign, I hope they can be convinced to join. He thought.

The messenger approaches the gate. "Lord Doth wishes to know who you are and what your intent is on your visit to his hall"

OoC:
Any retainer that wishes to have already joined my hall can, if you wish to role play your arrival, that is also fine.

Sheet:
Name: Samwise Doth, referred to as Lord Doth, or Sire.
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers: None

Backstory: Lord Doth is now in his forties, he learned a more subtle type of magic that gives him news from afar. He spends most of his time managing paperwork. He follows the Old Gods, though he doesn't have a problem with followers of the New Faith. He is rather sensible and doesn't tolerate nonsense for long.

Ascaloth
2012-06-09, 08:51 AM
Hearing the request of the messenger, the young lass cocked her head as if in puzzlement, but straightened up again quickly, pointing to herself with a big grin.

"Claricia!", she exclaimed, jabbing quite excitedly at herself. "Ricia too!", she exclaimed further, rubbing her belly again. "Ricia hungry. Lord have nosh?", she enquired, before seeming to stare of in two completely unrelated direction, staring at the downcast winter sky.

Then she turned back to the messenger again. "Lord have bed?", she asked again, stepping from one foot to the other. "Ricia sleep in snow for days," she added, apparently thinking nothing of having been buried alive several days in a row. "Ricia want roof over head too."

The lass known as Claricia cocked her head again, suddenly, she seemed to recall that it was customary to repay favours in kind. "Ricia do things for nosh and bed!" she exclaimed again, now glancing every which way like the messenger and the guards didn't exist. "But what will Ricia do? Hmmm..."

Wandering off, to the concern of the messenger and the guards, she suddenly seemed to disappear into the blizzard. Just as quickly as she disappeared though, she reappeared again, this time clutching a few sticks of firewood; firewood which, unfortunately due to the blizzard, was far too wet to be lit. She dropped the wet firewood in front of the guard's feet.

"Cold? Warm soon!", Claricia said, rubbing her hands together. She then dug around in her robe for some time, finally producing what looked like a tiny pepper. Proceeding to toss it into her mouth and chew on it, the lass winced momentarily, seemingly from the spiciness.

Then, using her palm as a guide, she blew gently onto the wet firewood... and out came a tongue of flame, which somehow caught on the firewood and managed to make a warm campfire before long. And it was no ordinary fire either; initially an emerald green on ignition, it slowly faded into the more customary orange, but its magical properties remained apparent in the fact that it just wouldn't fizzle out in the blizzard.

"Ehehehe!", the lass giggled, squatting down and stretching her hands towards the fire, as if warming it up. "Warm!", she exclaimed to the messenger, beaming at him. "Ricia do what Lord ask, Ricia get nosh and bed, yes?"

OOC:
Claricia's backstory has her being this notoriously elusive witch with prodigious talent, who has aroused the interest of many Lords. Maybe Doth might connect her with "the Fey" the moment he hears her name?"

rweird
2012-06-09, 06:34 PM
Lord Doth hurries down from the tower, This newcomer is a magician, the guards can't handle this themselves. he thinks, quickly ordering a messenger to assemble his retainers in the great hall he makes his way to the girl, the guards quickly explain what happened, Doth approaches the fire quickly.

"Yes Ricia, you will have a bed and 'nosh' if you do what I ask." Doth pronounces 'nosh' slowly as if it was in a foreign tongue. "Come inside now, eat, warm up."

Sheet:
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr
Ascaloth - Claricia The Fey

Backstory: Lord Doth is now in his forties, he learned a more subtle type of magic that gives him news from afar. He spends most of his time managing paperwork. He follows the Old Gods, though he doesn't have a problem with followers of the New Faith. He is rather sensible and doesn't tolerate nonsense for long.

Ascaloth
2012-06-09, 10:12 PM
"Waaaaaiiii!" exclaimed Claricia in joy, as she trotted over to Lord Doth. Stopping short in front of him, she seemed to drop into thought again, looking as if she just recalled that other people use customary greetings, and is trying to figure out the proper sequence she should use to greet the master of the hall.

Coming to a decision, she turned back to Lord Doth again. "Claricia I am, Lord," she said, making a reasonably good approximation at a curtsey. Courtesy done,kshe beamed brightly at Lord Doth as she trotted over to his side.

"What does Lord want Ricia to do?" she enquired, looking up at him. From the way the petite magician addressed the master of the hall, it almost seems as if she thought 'Lord' was Doth's given name, rather than his rightful title.

OOC: Where is everyone else?

OOC 2: BTW, it's "Fey", not "Fay".

OOC 3: I would like a description of Dothenguard as well. I'm going to have Claricia interact with her new-found environment next post.

rweird
2012-06-10, 08:06 AM
Doth smiles, "Get warm, eat, I will meet with you for dinner."

Dothenguard description:
Dothenguard is located above the Dothen pass, to only way through the mountains in 40 miles. Beyond Dothenguard is the city, nestled in a valley, it is mainly populated by hunters and herdsmen. Dothenguard sits to the western side of the pass commanding a clear view of the surrounding area, a winding path is the only way up unless you want to brave the treacherous mountains. Dothenguard is built around a central tower, made from smooth gray stone. It rises over 100 ft. and is the lord's personal quarters. The tower is built into the main building, a rectangular building, three stories, and about 200 ft. by 150 ft. It has sleeping quarters for the court, the great hall, the reception hall, several rooms to more privately entertain visitor, the throne room, the vault, the armory, and the offices of clerks that help manage the realm. Below it lies many cellars and the servants quarters. around the main building are several smaller ones, the stable, the forge, and the barracks. A archery field is to the north side or the main building, and a training area to the south. The walls are rectangular, like the keep itself. They reach 20 ft. into the air, the walls expand by the gatehouse and the gate has murder holes and arrow slits. A 40 ft. high tower rests on each corner.

OoC:
Sorry, I copy pasted your name from the OP.

I don't know where the others are either. I hope they aren't no shows.'

Sheet:
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ascaloth
2012-06-10, 01:37 PM
"Nosh!" Claricia exclaimed again, as she trotted quite happily past the gates into Dothenguard proper, by the side of the master of the hall.

Before her lay an impressive sight; the great tower of Dothenguard spearing through the sky, standing on the main building like a solid block of a pedestal, and smaller buildings all around paying homage to the great tower commanding them all. The young lass glanced here and there, taking in the sights of her newest home, but started waving excitedly to the first inhabitants of the keep she sees, looking for all the world like any young lass. Indeed, were it not for the display of sorcery she displayed at the main gate, one would not suspect the relatively ordinary-looking girl to possess the powers of a witch of many more winters, and might come to wonder why she was taking such a privileged position beside Lord Doth.

As Lord Doth and Claricia entered the main building, the latter continued to take in the sights presented to her by the interior of the hall, before seeing one of the fireplaces keeping the place warm.

"Waaaaiiii!", she squealed again, trotting over to the fireplace, crouching down and stretching her hands to the fire. "Warm!", she said, beaming to any who would see. Then, she dug around in her robes again, just like she did at the gates.

Eventually, she pulled out a small vial of powder, from which she poured the contents onto her palm. Strangely enough, they looked like a powdered version of the pepper the lass used to perform her fire magic... if any were quick enough to see, for just as quickly, she puffed the powder into the fire.

And what happened was impressive indeed; the flames leapt up and burned hotter, turning into an emerald green spectacle. The supernatural colour of the flames soon subsided into the familiar orange, but the magic lingered, with the area around the fireplace becoming just a bit warmer than before.

"Warm-er!", Claricia said, humming merrily to herself as she stretched her hands toward the magicked flames.

OOC:
As some of you may see, Claricia the Fey tends to be a little... off-beat. Feel free to interact with her, and perhaps 'poke' her just a bit, and see how she responds next. ;)

rweird, does Dothenguard happen to have any flowers decorating the keep somewhere? Maybe one of Lord Doth's favourites, if he has one?

Sheet:

rweird
2012-06-10, 05:15 PM
Signaling a servant to bring food, Doth takes his leave. He goes to his offic and begins to work.

OoC:
There are a few flowers, though most have dried, mountain in the winter have very few flowers, and Doth thinks it silly to import flowers that soon will dry for decoration.

I wonder when we'll get the quests, for that matter, I wonder when the others will show up.

Sheet:
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Korvol
2012-06-10, 10:27 PM
OoC: I sent PMs to the people who are playing my retainers, and I was able to get some responses. I also talked to the owner (VitruvianSquid) and he said he wanted to see about just running the first week and hoping people catch up. If we still have a problem we can see about it next weekend I guess. Sorry you guys are having so much trouble :smallfrown:

Ninjaman
2012-06-12, 03:33 AM
Nartin walks through the main door. He is soaked by the rain.
Sorry i am late. the caravan was ambushed, the horses died and i had to walk the rest of the way.

Retainer’s Name: Nartin the faithfull
Traits: Bold, Covetous
Religion: New faith
Equipment: Iron spear, Round shield, Holy symbol
Valor: 2
Guile: 0
Sorcery: 0
Default Tactic: Melee

rweird
2012-06-12, 05:38 AM
Doth looks up worriedly, Ambushed, Ambushed by who? It is good that you're here now.

Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-12, 06:04 AM
Turn 1: The Omens

Quest 1: Blood and Bread

Objectives: There is a certain village in your domain which had in spring depended on your swords and spears against river trolls and in summer enjoyed your warriors’ protection from the beasts of the woods. Now, these villagers have not sent the grain you they owed for your services. Whether the villagers failed or refused to pay, it would be wise to send a trustworthy retainer or two to the village to collect what’s rightfully yours.

Battle Difficulty: 1

Max Honor Loss/Gain: -2/+1

Max Booty: 3

Conditions: None.

Quest 2: The Sword Thief

Objectives: Many curious tales have reached your hall of a dreadful robber knight who roams the countryside. Some say he is an old and valiant soldier who fights only armed men to test his might. Others claim he is a wicked fairy of the woods, come to exact revenge on the druids who sealed him in the otherworld. Still others believe he is merely a peasant boy who’d stolen a sword. In any case, this robber knight is surrounded by very strange rumors and sounds like a dangerous man to be allowed to walk free.

Battle Difficulty: 2

Max Honor Loss/Gain: -1/+2

Max Booty: 5

Conditions: None

edit: oops, some part of this failed to copy/paste. Fixed.

Ascaloth
2012-06-12, 08:06 AM
When the front door opened, Claricia stood up and turned away from the fire to see what appears to be a knight, standing by the doorway.

"Ah!" she exclaimed, seeing that the man was soaking wet. She trotted over to greet him - and perhaps do something about his being soaking wet - but Lord Doth was already addressing the knight.

Eccentric through she had been, it seems that the fey young lass had at least enough upbringing to understand the discourtesy of interruption, so she simply trotted over to Lord Doth, and stood by his side, waiting for his leave to introduce herself to the knight.

Waiting patiently for the conversation to end, she started digging around in her robe again, looking for the thing that she would need to help get the poor soaked man dry...

Sheet:

Quest Preference: Claricia will follow any order from Lord Doth at this time.

Ninjaman
2012-06-12, 08:56 AM
Bandits., he replied to his new lord.
We scared them off, but we took heavy casualties.
A woman walked over to the lords side without saying anything.
So, do you have any missions for us, i am ready for anything. He asked his lord.
Nartin stretched his hand out towards the woman.
Nartin is my name, what is yours my fair lady?

Nartin is ready for any quest his lord might give him.

Ascaloth
2012-06-12, 09:36 AM
Quite misunderstanding the gesture, Claricia quite eagerly takes Nartin's hand with one of her own, while pointing to herself with the other.

"Claricia!" she exclaimed to Nartin, just like she had to Lord Doth earlier. "Ricia too! Mama call me Ricia, Lord call me Ricia, Nartin call me Ricia too!"

Noting just how soaked poor Nartin was from touching his hand, Claricia resumed rummaging through her robe, and finally located what she was looking for; a tiny vial of purple liquid. She turned to Lord Doth, pointing at Nartin.

"Nartin wet, Lord!" she said with the bright smile of a young girl engaged in a game. "Ricia huff, and puff, and blow Nartin nice and toasty!"

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-13, 04:04 AM
Blood and Bread

Your journey to the village was difficult for the bitter cold, but largely uneventful. When you arrive, you see that the village is a humble affair of four stick huts and a small stone chapel to the New Faith surrounded by a thin palisade wall more likely built to keep out wolves than armed warriors.

As you approach the village walls, you are greeted by a young man wearing a pendant of a carved stone wheel over dusty rough work clothes - he must be the pastor of the chapel. He greets you cordially and, anticipating your mission, invites you to the chapel to discuss the missing grain. As he speaks with you at the village gates, you see that a number of villagers are coming out of their huts. Two of them are carrying farming implements, a sickle and a flail, which strike you as odd given that the harvest had long gone. The villagers stare intently at you and the pastor while he insists that you come to the chapel.

A. You attack the villagers on the spot. Clearly, the villagers intend to stall you in the chapel to murder you. Instead, if you attacked the villagers now, you would have the tactical advantage as fewer of the peasants will have gotten their weapons and you won't have to start the fight totally surrounded. Once you've cowed the villagers by killing some of their friends and family, you may simply take the grain yourselves back to your Lord.

B. You demand an explanation about the missing grain, but refuse to enter the chapel no matter how much the pastor insists. Something suspicious is going on, but you don't know why.

C. You enter the chapel to discuss the grain with the pastor. The peasants are understandably tense at your arrival, but there is no reason to assume they'll be using their crude weapons.

D. Too many things are wrong with this situation. The stares those peasants are giving you, the pastor's insistence that you come to the chapel, the lack of a grain tribute this year when the village has paid on time every other year... Too many things don't add up, you turn and bolt from the village without any grain. (-2 Honor, quest ends immediately)

The Sword Thief

The robber knight proves a difficult man to track down, if he even is a man. Part of the problem with finding him is how imaginative the people who encounter him are. Even asking around in a single farmstead, you've heard the farmer say he towered like a giant and headed north, the farmer's daughter say he had a fey look in his eyes and could take no steps but west toward the setting sun, while a field slave claimed he had scales like a fish and craved the warm waters to the south.

In any case, the most commonly recurring features told about this robber knight are as follows:

He does not kill for money or in the heat of anger. A great deal of the stories about the robber knight concern his eccentricities in deciding who to rob.

Many the stories about the robber knight tell about how he is either inhuman or an exceptional human. Curiously, many of these stories have to do with some characteristic of his skin - that he is covered with fish scales, weeping sores, or how his skin is hard like iron.

A great number of the stories about the robber knight concentrate on his unique property of his sword, and many tales claim that he carries multiple swords or weapons.

A. You take all the stories you've gathered about the robber knight and attempt to figure out a pattern in his travels by systematically weeding out the false ones. Doing so gives you the idea that it would be possible to meet the robber knight at Ceathgil Cairns, a collection of standing stones at the border of a certain forest once said to be haunted by the fey. (This decision requires a test of two times the Guile of the most Guileful Retainer on the quest +2d6)

B. This robber knight sounds like a creature of strong magic and would thus be known to the Gazer At the Back, a certain gnome. Given enough time to perform your rituals, you might summon and ensnare Gazer At the Back to tell you that you could meet the robber knight at Ceathgil Cairns. (This decision requires a test of the combined Sorcery of every Retainer on the quest +2d6)

C. There seems to be nothing for it but to keep searching. Eventually, you might cross paths with the robber knights by sheer coincidence. (This decision requires a test of 2 + 2d6)

OOC
Technically, it's not particularly fair on Hafsnirafgren that I post the first decisions of the quest before your hall's assigned Retainers to undertake them, but given my absence on Monday and this being the first questing phase ever, I'll allow quest assignments until 12:00AM Thursday. Also because I'm not sure everything got the memo (so to speak) I'll also allow Lords to distribute equipment and confer honors for the 1st Court Phase until 12:00AM Thursday. Please make your quest assignments ASAP!

rweird
2012-06-13, 06:00 AM
Sorry, I was busy yesterday, came home, and went pretty much straight to bed. You posted this just about 10 minutes I went off for the day.

"That sword thief, I think he may have been behind the bandit attack, go and stop him."

I'm assigning Nartin the Faithful, and Claricia The Fey, and Hrafn Kolbrandr if he shows up to The Sword Thief, In case of ties, go with Nartin, my reason IC besides Clarica being a bit weird, Nartin has served me in the past. The rest are assigned to Blood and Bread if they show up. In case of a tie for them, however posts first in this thread is the tie breaker.

Sheet:
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ascaloth
2012-06-13, 06:59 AM
I'm assigning Nartin the Faithful, and Claricia The Fey, and Hrafn Kolbrandr if he shows up to The Sword Thief, In case of ties, go with Nartin, my reason IC besides Clarica being a bit weird, Nartin has served me in the past. The rest are assigned to Blood and Bread if they show up. In case of a tie for them, however posts first in this thread is the tie breaker.

Ties? I don't get it. Did you order Claricia to the Sword Thief quest, or not? Like I mentioned earlier, she will take any order at this time.

I will assume that Doth did order her to undertake the Sword Thief quest, but I'll wait for your clarification before I proceed.

rweird
2012-06-13, 05:16 PM
Ties for voting what to do.

Sheet:
Administrator
Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
2 Wealth
Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ascaloth
2012-06-14, 08:03 AM
The search proved long and fruitless, and it must have been a sore trial for Sir Nartin to endure such a long and hard day of enquiry in vain. On the other hand, Claricia never looked like she felt it, and as the petite lass trotted most incongruously beside the weary knight, she let him do most of the talking to the people they met, while she listened silently but attentively.

As they set out on the road again, still none the wiser as to their goal, Claricia gazed off into the distance. Her eyes seemed to glaze over...

...and when she came back to her sense, it was as if she had hit upon a most splendid idea, the way she was acting most excitedly about it.

"Ricia know!" she squealed to Martin, gesturing every which way. "Gazer knows everything! Ricia talk to Gazer, he tell us all about thief man!"

Claricia votes for Option B - Summon Gazer At The Back

Ninjaman
2012-06-14, 11:23 AM
Well if you are so sure that it will work, i am here to support you. Nartin says, and smiles at Claricia.

Let us go see this ''Gazer''.

Nartin votes for B- Summon the gazer

Ascaloth
2012-06-14, 11:35 AM
"Waaaaiiii~!" squealed Ricia in glee, as she began rummaging through her robes; in short order, she had somehow pulled out a hilarious amount of candles, chalk, nameless herbs and other assorted ritual implements, each of which she tossed on the ground as soon as she located the right one.

"Ricia call Gazer now!" she said, after having apparently found everything she needed. Kneeling down, she drew an occult pattern on the ground, lit candles, and pretty soon had set everything up for the summoning and ensnaring ritual.

With that, Claricia closed her eyes, and began murmuring in an unintelligible language. As she chanted, she also started doing a slow yet light-footed dance, which was apparently part of the ritual...

Sheet:

Claricia begins to attempt the summoning ritual to call the Gazer at the Back, with a occult set-up designed to ensnare the gnome the very moment he appears.

Ninjaman
2012-06-14, 12:49 PM
Nartin stands guard, trying not to look directly at the awkwardly dancing woman.
What kind of sorcery is this?, he mumbles to himself.

Istari
2012-06-14, 01:52 PM
Sorry about the lateness, didn't get any link to the thread.

Having received his lord's missive as to the quest he would be undertaking, Kay sets off to the village. Though the peasants weapons worry him, he pays little heed to the possible threat.

I doubt these peasants would dare to attack a knight, there must be other dangers afoot.

Option C - Enter the Chapel

Sheet
Retainer’s Name: Sir Kay the Loyal
Traits: Esteemed, Covetous
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Holy Symbol
Valor: 5 (+2)
Resistance: 2 (+2)
Honor: 2
Faith: New

TsukikoJ
2012-06-14, 03:11 PM
Sir Damon the Fair accompanies his fellow knight in the task of collecting the grain for their lord. As the villagers approach, armed with crude farm equipment, Damon considers the situation for a moment before following Sir Kay and the pastor into the chapel. "Thank you for receiving us, Your Eminence. We are here on behalf of Lord Doth to collect the grain that he is owed."

Retainer’s Name: Sir Damon the Fair
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Drab Cloak
Valor: 5
Guile: 1
Resistance: 0
Religion: New

I choose option C as well, so I assume we proceed inside.

Crow
2012-06-14, 11:15 PM
Hrafn interrupts the 'ritual', or whatever the young lass was performing.

''Hallo! Goðan Daginn Nartin!'' Hrafn called, keeping a respectable distance so as not to alarm the two seekers. ''I arrived late to the hall, tracking some bandits who had ambushed a caravan near to Dothenguard. I was told to accompany you, as you may require a deft hand in the wood.''

Hrafn took in the sight of the strange lass accompanying his longtime associate. ''...And who might you be, exactly?'' Hrafn said as he approached. His oiled cloak was beaded with moisture, his strong bow unstrung, and despite the prevailing weather, he appeared in good spirits.

OOC:
Hrafn would prefer less mystical means, but will go with option B until proven wrong.

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr
Traits: Wanderlust, Clumsy
Equipment: Bow and arrows, Iron Spear, Round Shield
Valor: 0 (2, spear)
Aim: 3
Default Tactic: Skirmish

A wandering raider turned huntsman, who reveres the old gods. Hrafn Kolbrandr give his loyalty not lightly, and never abandons an oath. Hrafn dislikes his courtly duties, and when not attending to them, can usually be found acting as the warden of his Lord's wildlands.

Ascaloth
2012-06-14, 11:38 PM
In other circumstances, Claricia would have greeted the newcomer just as enthusiastically as she had done Lord Doth and Nartin, but being in the thrall of an occult ritual - which would have been dangerous to stop halfway at any rate - she ignored the interruption, and continued the ritual dance to summon the Gazer at the Back.

OOC:
Good to have you, Crow.

Claricia isn't deliberately ignoring Hrafn by the way, it's just the necessity of completing the ritual perfectly.

Sheet:

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-15, 12:38 AM
Blood and Bread (Participating Retainers: Sir Damon the Fair, Sir Kay the Loyal)

You allow the pastor to lead you into the chapel.

Miraculously, the inside of the chapel is a single chamber seemingly even smaller than the outside appearance of the building would suggest. On the wall opposite of the door hangs a large wooden wheel. But, what draws your immediate attention is the presence of two peasant men holding spears, watching the far corner in the poorly lit room. As you approach closer, you see that the armed peasants appear to be guarding a man gagged and chained to a stake driven into the chapel's earthen ground.

The pastor turns to you and says, "see this man? Young Aylen saw this man when he was out in the fields at harvest time. We took him in... tried to give him something to eat, but... you can see how his head won't stay right on his neck? It's broken. Looks like he somehow survived a hanging" Indeed, the chained man's neck seems elongated and angled. The pastor continues, "but, see, he's not dead. He doesn't say much... only one thing over and over. Very queer... very troubling." The pastor nodded to one of the peasant guards, who knelt to take off the chained man's gag.

"Twill be a winter of feast and famine ... The White King from his Barrows Comes... From Ceathgil's Land he comes ... The Old King under pall of winter... he will come... twill be a winter of feast and famine... The White King from his Barrows comes..."

The pastor cleared his throat and turns to you while the peasants gag the man's mouth again. "Some of the folks here, well, I hate to say it, but they're a superstitious lot. Still believe in giants sleeping under the mounds and madmen spouting prophecy they do. But God forgive me, this man gives me the chills too. We figure, as a village, I mean, with this prattling on about 'feasts and famine,' it'd be better to have some stores laid up this winter. If your Lord would permit, I beg you to let us keep our village keep our corn. The harvest hasn't been so good and it'd be a lean winter for us, prophecy or no. Aye, we'll pay your Lord double next year and for your Lord's mercy, we've a gift... Aylen found it on the man."

The pastor loosed a stone in the wall and took out a dull, thin disk roughly the size of a child's palm. As he holds it up to you, you see that it is tarnished silver. "Give it a polish, be good as new, what do you say?"

A. You may take the silver disk (worth 2 Wealth) and leave the village with a promise of the grain tribute at a later date. Your Lord decides how much Honor you lose or receive, from -1 to +1. The Quest ends.

B. You may take the silver disk and then rob the village and take its grain by force. If you win the following battle, all Retainers on the quest gain +1 Honor and your Hall gains +3 Wealth.

C. You may refuse the pastor's offer and demand the payment in grain. All Retainers on the Quest gain +1 Honor and the Hall gains +1 Wealth.

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-15, 01:12 AM
The Sword Thief (Participating Retainers: Hrafn Kolbrandr, Nartin the Faithful, Claricia the Fey)

You prepare the ritual necessary to summon the Gazer At the Back, collecting a fish's breath, a maiden's look, a leaf of time, among other components. Summoning the little gnome proved to be easy work, and his visit in your dream fills your mind with the idea of Ceathgil Cairn.

Yet, when your party reaches the Cairn, you only find an abandoned campfire. The ashes of the campfire are warm, as if you had just missed whoever stayed among these stones.

Fanning out to search, it proves impossible to locate either hide nor hair of any robber knight. However, in your search for the robber knight, you instead locate a copse, easily missed by travelers on the main path, in which there are a number of swords stick into the ground. Upon closer inspection, most of these swords prove to be rusted through or shattered, as if they were truly ancient weapons. Yet, one of the blades seems as if it had just been placed here recently. It is bright and sharp, if plain.

Your Lord's treasury gains a Sword.

The Quest ends.

rweird
2012-06-15, 06:52 AM
Am I allowed to talk to the retainers on the quests?

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Sword (Recorded)
2 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Crow
2012-06-15, 11:22 AM
Hrafn plucked the sword from the earth. "Frabært." He mused. "The lord will be happy to see this." He gave the sword a few practice strokes and casually flipped the blade, catching it in his gloved hands and extending the pommel towards Nartin and the girl. "I can give her a fresh oiling, then which of you shall deliver Doth his new blade?". Hrafn's instinct told him the blade should be delivered by the girl, whose magic led them to this place, but not knowing the girl well, court etiquette would indicate Nartin.

As he held out the blade's pommel, he resolved to let them decide.

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr
Valor: 2 (spear)

A wandering raider turned huntsman, who reveres the old gods. Hrafn Kolbrandr give his loyalty not lightly, and never abandons an oath. Hrafn dislikes his courtly duties, and when not attending to them, can usually be found acting as the warden of his Lord's wildlands.

TsukikoJ
2012-06-15, 12:09 PM
Sir Damon watches, eyes wide, as the constrained prisoner mumbles his prophecy. His mind tells him that the prophecy is nonsense, but something about the man's words causes his stomach to knot. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about," he says to the pastor, though he does not sound convinced.

The young knight turns to Sir Kay and says quietly, "I think Lord Doth would be willing to accept the grain at a later date, especially consider the silver disc they have offered in return for postponing tribute. It could fetch a pretty penny."

I choose Option A.
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Drab Cloak

Ascaloth
2012-06-15, 12:24 PM
Having been led to the Ceathgil Cairn by the gnome, Claricia had been as eager as a curious child to see the sword thief for her own eyes... only to be disappointed when, arriving at their destination, the only signs of him were an abandoned campfire. Poking around in the ashes, the little witch poked around in a sullen mood. "Thief man was here. Not here now," she said to herself, sounding quite disappointed.

Just then, Hrafn found the copse of swords, and when she and Nartin went over to him, the hunter was holding what appeared to be the most well-preserved sword in the whole batch. Claricia gazed at the hunter, who had startled her when she came out of her ritual thrall to find he had apparently appeared out of nowhere, but he seemed to be a pleasant enough companion for the remainder of the journey, and the young lass had warmed up to him just like she had for Nartin and Lord Doth before him.

Although her eyes were fixed on the sword Hrafn was holding, she didn't appear to be listening, and indeed seemed disinterested altogether in the matter. However upon mention of Doth, Claricia perked up, and pointed at the blade in Hrafn's hands. "Sword!" she said, and proceeded to do a little jig around the two men, singing a meaningless ditty as she goes;

"Sword for Lord,
Sword of Lord!
Give Lord Sword,
It's Lord's Sword!
Lord gets Sword,
Lord has Sword!
Sword for Lord,
Sword of Lord!"

...she continued singing, apparently quite enjoying herself. In her excitable state, it was clear that it would be quite useless to seek her opinion on the matter, which left Nartin to make the decision.

Sheet:

OOC:
Crow, how do you pronounce Hrafn's name? Claricia will probably mangle it anyway, but I want to at least make sure she mangles it properly. :p

Crow
2012-06-15, 01:30 PM
ooc:By a fluent speaker it ends up sounding almost exactly like "raven", appropriately :-)

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ninjaman
2012-06-15, 03:56 PM
Nartin looks Hrafn in the eyes while he nods at the dancing Claricia. Give her the sword.
She was the one doing the hard work, without her help we would have to search for it by traditional means.
Nartin looks at Claricia and smiles.

rweird
2012-06-15, 04:47 PM
"I am sorry you couldn't find the sword thief, I do however hope he will not trouble us again."

I am assuming you told me what happened.

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Sword
2 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Istari
2012-06-15, 07:03 PM
"Agreed, it would not be noble to force the men to part with their grain with such obvious sorcery at work. The disk as payment is enough."

Option A

Sheet
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Holy Symbol
Valor: 5 (+2)

Ascaloth
2012-06-16, 12:41 AM
Having returned to Dothenguard, this time with new companions in tow, Claricia stepped forward with the sword from Ceathgill Cairns in her arms, looking hilariously oversized in comparison with the petite lass. Knowing it was to be presented to the Lord, it didn't seem like the little witch quite understood why Nartin said she had to be the one to present it to Doth, but well, no reason not to do so, right?

"Thief man's sword!", she declared to Lord Doth, trying to balance the huge blade on both arms as she trotted forward to present it to him. "Now it's Lord's sword! Nartin says Ricia should give this to Lord!" she declared further with a bright, open grin.

Sheet:

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-16, 04:30 AM
rweird - you may tell your Retainers anything you want during the Quest Phase, but you may not mechanically affect the voting process for Quest decisions. What I mean is, you can say "do X or I'll reward/exile/punish you," but as a Lord, you have no ability to cast a vote or force a Retainer to cast a vote.

Blood and Bread (participating Retainers: Sir Damon the Fair, Sir Kay the Loyal)

You take the silver disk back to your Hall and part with the villagers on good terms.

Your Lord's treasury gains +2 Wealth and your Lord may decide in the ensuing Court Phase whether you lose -1 Honor, gain +1 Honor, or neither.

The Quest Ends

rweird
2012-06-16, 06:51 AM
Doth and smiles and takes the sword, "Thank you, without his blade, I don't think he will trouble us again."

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Horse
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Sword
5 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

+1 honor to the Blood and Bread retainers.

Ascaloth
2012-06-16, 09:50 AM
OOC:
It is the Court Phase now, right?

rweird, you may want to see about distributing some of the stuff in your Treasury, as well as do other Lord stuff.

EDIT:
I am waiting for Istari and TsukikoK to have Kay and Damon report back with the silver disk. I'm interested to see how they will react to Claricia. :p

In fact, why don't we all make the best of it, and see how we well we can do RP in the context of the Court Phase?

rweird
2012-06-16, 02:24 PM
"You have served this state well, and for that I thank you. In return I will better equip you to serve the state again. Claricia take a shield, may it protect you in times of need, Sir Kay, take the blade of the sword thief, may it serve you well, Sir Damon, a helmet, may it protect you, though I hope you will not need it, Hrafn, take a cloak, it will help with your patrols, Nartin, I am giving you a steed as a replacement, I am sorry for the lives they bandits took."

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Horse Giving to Nartin
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Sword Giving it to Sir Kay
1 Round Shield Giving it to Claricia
1 Drab Cloak Giving it to Hrafn
1 Great Helm Giving it to Sir Damon
1 Wealth
Bought 1 round shield, 1 Drab Cloak, and 1 great Helm.

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ninjaman, please include your character sheet at the bottom of each post. It makes it easier for the GM and for me when I try to see what various people need.

Crow
2012-06-16, 04:49 PM
''Takk Fyrir.'' Hrafn bowed. ''This gift is much appreciated my lord.'' He stepped backwards a few steps before continuing. ''If I may have permission to take my leave? The foul weather as of late has forced much of the wolf population of the north to move south into our forests. I need to return to my hunters that we may cull the packs so that there will be plentiful game for our people to hunt come spring.'' He nodded towards Sirs Kay and Damon. ''Especially if we have another poor planting season.''

Hrafn awaited his lord's response.

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr
Guile: 1 (dull cloak)

rweird
2012-06-16, 05:11 PM
"Granted, good hunting." Doth says. "I hope this will avert the 'famine' that was spoke of." He continues, trying to think of what the ramblings could mean, if anything.

I assume this is fluff for what your doing in the court phase.

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Horse Giving to Nartin
1 Rune Stone
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Ninjaman
2012-06-16, 06:11 PM
Thank you my lord. I am happy to see that you are still the generous lord you used to be. Nartin bows to Doth, then walkes out to the stables.

Equipment: Iron spear, Round shield, Holy symbol, Horse
Default Tactic: Flank

Crow
2012-06-16, 06:17 PM
''Takk, Sjáumst.'' Hrafn thanked his lord. Giving a friendly nod towards Claricia, Hrafn slapped Nartin on the back as the two men left the hall. ''Good riding, Nartin. Perhaps we shall work together again.''

OOC: Yes, Hrafn is not one for court intrigue.

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr

rweird
2012-06-16, 08:06 PM
Nartin, the wise and honorable thing to do is not to fight, the state needs every retainer it can get, I don't want you injured in a duel when the state needs you.

Willing to bestow honor on you to make up for the honor loss from declining. I don't think it is worth going with four retainers for a chance to defeat him, even more with the vicious trait.

Ascaloth
2012-06-16, 11:20 PM
"Waaaaaiii~!" Thank you, Lord!" Claricia squealed in delight, as she received the Round Shield from Lord Doth. Looking just as out of place on the young lass just like the Sword had, she nevertheless clutched it tightly, like a treasured present.

Then, she turned to look at Hrafn as he nodded at her while leaving, and stared at his retreating back for a few moments. Then, she whipping back to Lord Doth, and pointed at Hrafn.

"Ricia go with Ravie!" she exclaimed, and without waiting for his reply, took off running at Hrafn, and made a flying leap.

Whump!

"Ehehehe!", the little witch giggled, clinging to Hrafn's back with her arms around his neck in a forced piggyback. She then looked back at Lord Doth.

"Ricia bring mushrooms back for Lord!" she beamed. "Forest mushrooms make good soup!"

OOC:
I keep forgetting to add Claricia's sheet at the end of my posts.

Like Hrafn, Claricia's depature from Dothenguard is purely fluff. She'll be back with the shrooms. :p

May I suggest that Hrafn gets the Runestone as well? I doubt he'll get to use Sorcery in battles all that much, but it will have an added benefit for combined Sorcery options like what we got in the Sword Thief quest.

Sheet:
Equipment: Runestone, Drab Cloak, Round Shield
Honor: 1 (+1 from award of Round Shield this Court Phase)
Effects: -1 to all attacks against Claricia (Round Shield)

Ninjaman
2012-06-17, 05:35 AM
Nartin looks at Doth. I want to win honor for my name, but how shall i win honor when it requires refusing to abide my lord. But i will not bring shame upon your hall by declining. But if it is what you wish my lord, i shall decline the challenge

Nartin refuses to fight Hadrik Arios

OOC
Also how much honor did we get from the sword thief quest

Honor: 1

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-17, 07:44 AM
OOC:

Ascaloth: This is the Court Phase.

Ninjaman: You received no honor from the quest.

rweird
2012-06-17, 08:31 AM
"Most noble, Nartin, for that, you will be honored. It is a brave man that fights, though it is a wise man that doesn't fight, and has courage for standing down. I am glad you chose to help the state over a foreign knight's challenge."

Bestowing lesser honor on Nartin, +1 honor, makes up for the honor lost for declining.

Giving Hrafn the runestone as well, good thinking Ascaloth.

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Rune Stone Giving to Hrafn.
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Istari
2012-06-17, 09:29 AM
"You are very gracious my lord, I shall do my best to continue to bring you honor."

With that Sir Kay moves to per take in the meal prepared, hungry after his long journey.

Sheet
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Holy Symbol, Sword
Valor: 7 (+4)

Crow
2012-06-17, 11:41 AM
Hrafn groaned as the unexpected mass slammed into his back, nearly carrying him forward to the ground as he stumbled to regain his footing. Hrafn sensed that any protest would be futile with this one. ''Já kona. I know where we can find you some mushrooms.''

Hrafn had to admit to himself, that while somewhat enthralled with the pretty lass, there was something about her that made him uneasy. Like the playful bear cub that grows to become a man-killer, or the wild animal taken to be domesticated but still capable of great viciousness without regret. However, the girl had done nothing to confirm his fears, so perhaps it was just the unease that comes from spending so long away from civilized folk that was jarring him. He reached with one hand to the arm around his neck to stop the girl from slipping, and held the prized cloak he had been gifted with the other. Gripping the folded cloak, he felt something was concealed within it's fold, perhaps the size of a small stone. What could this be? The hunter thought to himself as he left the hall.

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr
Equipment: Bow and arrows, Iron Spear, Round Shield, Dull Cloak, Rune Stone
Sorcery: 2 (rune stone)
Effects: -1 all attacks vs. Hrafn (round shield)

A wandering raider turned huntsman, who reveres the old gods. Hrafn Kolbrandr gives his loyalty not lightly, and never abandons an oath. Hrafn dislikes his courtly duties, and when not attending to them, can usually be found acting as the warden of his Lord's wildlands.

rweird
2012-06-17, 06:00 PM
Everyone, remember the honor gained for getting items.

Ascaloth
2012-06-18, 02:07 AM
OOC:

Before I forget, rweird, you still have one lesser honor and one greater honor to distribute. Since it doesn't cost you anything, maybe you can consider distributing the whole set of honors every Court Phase.

rweird
2012-06-18, 06:58 AM
OoC:
Oops, I guess it is to late now, sorry. For quests, you can chose whichever one you want. If I don't specify, the retainers with the highest honor is the tie breaker, if that is a tie, the first person to post on the quest of the people with the highest honor.

Sheet:
Administrator

Treasury:
1 Bow and Arrows
1 Wealth

Retainers:
Crow - Hrafn Kolbrandr

Vitruviansquid
2012-06-18, 07:35 AM
Turn 2: The Barrow of the Ancient King

As the winter goes on, the cold becomes more and more savage, and so do the men. In part, the poor autumn harvest, like many poor harvests in the past, drove many farmers to look covetously toward their neighbors' granaries. Yet, there is also a distinct sense of restlessness in the air. The great and humble alike felt danger coming from just below the horizon and could not figure out exactly why. Tales of strange and apocalyptic omens multiply, often focused like the hanged man's ramblings on Ceathgil Cairn and the ancient mound next to it.

As Lords of the land, it is you and your warriors who must find out what is going on at Ceathgil Cairn. To do so requires entering the mound near the Cairn.

Quest 1: The White King's Tomb

Objectives: Your investigation of the omens brings you to the mound by Ceathgil Cairns. Ideally you would find a few decayed bodies, the corpses of honored heroes from ages past, upon entering the mound, see that nothing is out of place, seal up the tomb again, and leave it in peace (perhaps not before taking some ancient valuables back to your Hall). But, if any of the ominous stories you've been hearing about are true, that is not likely to be the case.

Battle Difficulty: 3

Max Honor Loss/Gain: -3/2

Max Booty: 5

Conditions: None

Quest 2: The Watchers at the Mound

Objectives: While the focus of the omens are on the mound or Cairn, there are similarly many rumors of strange men and monsters roaming the area. Among these are a rumor that Cirnugal the Fairblooded, the legendary druid of old, has escaped death's realm and come to wander Ceathgil. As well, there are reports that a band of foreign holy warriors of the New Faith have come to establish a temple on top of the famous mound.

Battle Difficulty: 2

Max Honor Loss/Gain: -2/+2

Max Booty: 2

Conditions: None.

Ascaloth
2012-06-18, 08:00 AM
Some time has passed, and once again, a cloaked figure was making its way up to the gates of Dothenguard. Stopping on being challenged by the guards, the cloaked figure once again threw back its hood. This time, however, the guards threw open the gates the moment they saw the cloaked figure's face; for it was a familiar face, and now enjoyed the trust of the Lord Samwise Doth of the hall.

Traipsing quite daintily, the figure was holding onto several baskets as it reached the doors to the main hall, which was promptly thrown open as a familiar voice resounded through the hall.

"Mushrooms!", pealed the little witch known as Claricia, the Fey. As she did so, she held up the two big baskets in her hand, both of which were full of freshly-picked mushrooms, doubtless a delicacy in these lands.

"Ricia bring mushrooms for Lord!", said the little witch again, as she trotted down the hall, looking for Lord Doth with a big smile. Stopping short, she put down the two baskets, but anyone nearby could see her still holding onto a much smaller basket, holding some mushrooms which was quite a bit more colourful than the ones in the big baskets...

Sheet:

OOC:
Crow, I will leave it to you to RP whether Hrafn comes back with her, or is still out there in the wild.

I'm going to delay my decision for the moment, since the choice of retainers for each quest seems to be critical. Anyone want to suggest who goes where?

rweird
2012-06-18, 08:33 AM
The barrow seems more important due to the fact it has a max of 5 loot while the watchers has 2, I don't know if any of you have bold but if you don't, maybe a 3, 2 split. A mix of focuses for both would be useful.

Ninjaman
2012-06-18, 09:02 AM
I am willing to enter the tomb. Nartin says to Doth.

Nartin goes on quest 1

OOC
I have bold

Ascaloth
2012-06-18, 09:41 AM
Turning a corner, Ricia finally caught sight of Nartin, who was apparently speaking to Lord Doth. It was just then that she overheard what Nartin had said.

"Tome? What tome? Ricia want to go to the tomb too!", she exclaimed, running up beside Nartin. It didn't seem like she quite understood what Nartin was talking about earlier, but yet she still looked eager to join Nartin again on whatever task Lord Doth may have for them...

Claricia will go for Quest 1 - The White King's Tomb

Sheet:

Crow
2012-06-18, 11:11 AM
Hrafn had just finished dressing the wolf skins, and hanging the meat to dry in the cool shed. In a short while, he and his hunters would have some acceptable pelts, and good trail meat. The hunt had been successful, despite the delayed start. Hrafn glanced at the pair of white-spotted, red mushrooms sitting in a small wicker basket on his work bench. Berserksgangr, he thought to himself. Why he had allowed the little witch to pick them, he did not know...nor why he accepted them when offered. Hrafn sat staring for a moment, absently fiddling with the rune stone hanging about his neck, when he heard the voice of Rolf, one of his hunters.

''Hrafn, your presence has been requested at Dothenguard.'' The tall hunter said quietly.

''Auðvitað.'' Hrafn replied. ''Finish with the wolves. I'll return when I am able.''

Hrafn strided into the hall unannounced. Greeting Lord Doth, Nartin, and Claricia, he listened thoughtfully to the troubles the hall now faced.

''Ég ætla að fara á gröf.'' Hrafn declared softly. One of the guards looked puzzled towards Hrafn, catching what appeared to be a double meaning in his words. I am going to go to the grave. ''It is my lot to serve my lord where I am needed most. I will enter the tomb.''

Hrafn Chooses Quest 1

Sheet:
Hrafn Kolbrandr
Equipment: Bow and arrows, Iron Spear, Round Shield, Dull Cloak, Rune Stone
Sorcery: 2 (rune stone)
Effects: -1 all attacks vs. Hrafn (round shield)

A wandering raider turned huntsman, who reveres the old gods. Hrafn Kolbrandr gives his loyalty not lightly, and never abandons an oath. Hrafn dislikes his courtly duties, and when not attending to them, can usually be found acting as the warden of his Lord's wildlands.

Ascaloth
2012-06-18, 12:26 PM
"Ravie!", Claricia exclaimed as she heard him arrive and speak, running up and practically jumping on him in a bearhug. "Ricia happy! Ricia go with Ravie and Nartie again!", she burbled happily, legs dangling in the air from the sheer difference in size between the petite girl and the well-built hunter.

"Ricia hunt wolves with Ravie!", she said to Lord Doth, turning back to him even as she continued to hang from Hrafn's neck, kicking her legs all the while. "Wolfies fly real high!" she added with a grin, as if she thought that tossing wolves into the air with magic was the greatest joke in the world.

OOC:
Wow, even I don't know why Claricia would offer the 1UP mushrooms to Hrafn, considering there's a very good reason she didn't offer them to Lord Doth. You're going to have to fill that one in for me, Crow. :p

While I was at it, I was going to have Claricia burn the wolves with mage fire. But after thinking twice, I thought Hrafn wouldn't have appreciated that. :p

Sheet:

Crow
2012-06-18, 01:43 PM
OOC: Haha, I have no idea. Must be my old-school style gaming. I saw an opportunity, so just threw it in there. Kinda hoping maybe the GM will grant me a boon if I get challenged to a duel and consume them beforehand. You never know, right?

And yes, Hrafn would be upset with burnt wolf pelts. He is on a sidequest to collect 20 wolf-asses, lol.

Istari
2012-06-18, 09:55 PM
"Perhaps a fellow knowledgeable in the new faith might have luck talking to these foreign warriors."

Quest 2

OOC
Internet access is bad at the moment so I have to keep it short.

Sheet
Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Holy Symbol, Sword
Valor: 7 (+4)
Honor: 4

TsukikoJ
2012-06-19, 07:36 AM
"Thank you, my lord, for the gift of protection. May it help me to serve you better," says Damon, rather eloquently.

"I would serve our lord in whatever way he requires, though it appears that Sir Kay could use my companionship again in dealing with these folk."

Damon chooses Quest 2 unless Lord Doth has another preference.

Equipment: Iron Spear, Round Shield, Drab Cloak, Great Helm
Honor: 3
Notes: -2 to all attack rolls made against Damon

Ascaloth
2012-06-19, 07:47 AM
Seeing for the first time the other two retainers of Lord Doth, Claricia let go of Hrafn's neck, and dropped to the ground, upon which she promptly trotted over to Sir Kay and Sir Damon with a bright smile.

"Claricia! Ricia too!" she introduced herself to the two knights in her usual idiosyncratic way, pointing to herself. Introductions done, she cocked her head, and paid particular attention to Sir Damon, whose looks told everyone how he got his appellation 'the Fair'.

"Ehehehe!", the little witch giggled all of a sudden, and stepped in front of Sir Damon. As if it were a sleight of hand, a fresh meadow flower suddenly appeared in Claricia's hand. She reached up, stuck the flower in Damon's hair, and took a step back.

"Lady! Ehehehe!", she giggled again, pointing at Damon. Though it felt like the young lass held no malice in her actions, it must have nevertheless been an embarassing moment for Sir Damon...

Sheet: