PDA

View Full Version : Imperator Tempum (PEACH)

Ralasha
2012-06-09, 11:02 AM
I had a rather funny idea. Why should mages and gods be the only people able to tamper with time? What if say, some odd warrior figured out some trick to it? Well, I decided to make a class capable of doing several rather fun and useful things. Think a Chronomancer that doesn't use spells, and has no real discipline of mind in order to fully control his abilities. He can use them, yes, but he may not want to at every little opportunity. Aging, damage, and fugue ensue.

The Imperator Tempum is a warrior with at least a minimal amount of control over time and space without any formal training or education into such matters. As such their abilities while potentially powerful may have devestating effects upon the Imperator as well.

Requirements:
BAB: +5
Spelltouched: Quickened

HD: D8

Skill Points: 2+Intelligence Modifier per level.

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge History (Int), Jump (Str), Knowledge Local (Int), Knowledge Nobility and Royalty (Int), Ride (Dex) Spot (Wis), Swim (Str).

{table=header]Level|BAB|FS|RS|WS|Special|AC Bonus|Movement Speed Bonus
1|0|2|1|0|Additional Swift Action|+1|+10
2|1|3|1|0|Bonus Feat|+1|+20
3|2|3|2|1|Additional Move Action|+2|+30
4|3|4|2|1|Bonus Feat|+2|+40
5|3|4|3|1|Additional Attack|+2|+50
6|4|5|3|2|Bonus Feat|+3|+60
7|5|5|3|2|Additional Standard Action|+3|+70
8|6|6|4|2|Bonus Feat|+3|+80
9|6|6|4|3|Tempus Step|+3|+90
10|7|7|5|3|Tempus Tempum|+4|+100[/table]
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The character gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Movement Speed Bonus (Su): The character gains a speed bonus usable at will. For each round used, the character gains 2 subdual immediately after the effect. This subdual damage is taken even if the character is normally immune to subdual damage.

AC Bonus (Su): This is a haste bonus to AC, this bonus increases as the character gradually becomes preternaturally quickened.

Additional Swift Action (Ex): The character gains an additional Swift action per round.

Bonus Feats: The character gains bonus feats, these bonus feats must be selected from the following list:Quick Draw, Run, Rapid Shot, Lightning Reflexes, Melee Flurry, Dodge, Mobility, Fleet of Foot, Speed of Thought, any suggestions?

Additional Movement Action (Ex): The character may move twice each round as easily as others move once. When the character uses this ability it takes 3 subdual damage immediately after the effect. This subdual damage is taken even if the character is normally immune to subdual damage.

Additional Attack Action (Ex): The character gains an additional attack action per round with a +2 bonus. When the character uses this ability it takes 4 subdual damage immediately after the effect. This subdual damage is taken even if the character is normally immune to subdual damage.

Additional Standard Action (Ex): The character gains an additional standard action per round. Use of this ability causes the character to lose it's next standard action to time fugue. Use of this ability causes the character to take damage equal to half of it's HD.

Tempus Step (Su): The imperator takes a step, and now it is over there. This effect is as the teleport spell with a caster level equal to the character's levels in this class. Use of this ability causes the character to age an additional year.

Tempus Tempum (Ex): The imperator now gains an additional full round per round. Taking this Additional round causes the imperator temporal fugue, which results in damage equal to it's hit dice as the forces of time and space snap against the imperator in retaliation.

New Spelltouched Feat:
Quickened
Prerequisite: Exposure to the Haste spell.
Benefit: Whenever you are exposed to a haste effect you gain double the movement bonus, and an additional attack action.

Cipher Stars
2012-06-09, 12:19 PM
Well.
I've added this to the list of prestige classes I could actually take. I don't normally like Prestige, as one might determine looking at my homebrew signature to find only one or two out of all of them being prestige rather then a Base.
As such I only really take prestige classes if I see a real benefit to it over what the base class provides, and its interesting. (That's not to say I haven't seen any other good prestige classes that I like other then the ones I comment/say this on. I'm just a tad fickle)

No suggestions on feats.

Tempus step seems disproportionate. Dimensional step is only really a normal movement mode without crossing the space in between, I see no reason for them to age more then a minute at most. Now, if it was teleport, that could take a year if you go somewhere particularly far, as you skip the distance but age just as if you spent time traveling normally.

When you refer to the hit dice, you do mean 11 damage if you are level 11, right? Just checking.

NeoSeraphi
2012-06-09, 12:26 PM
I think you mean Additional Swift Action at level 1. A character has unlimited free actions per round, that's why they're called "free actions". For example, you can Rage (barbarian), Shift (shifter race), Power Attack, declare a new target for your Dodge feat, chat a little with your party members, and draw two weapons (one in each hand) with your Quick Draw feat. And after that, you still have a swift, move, and standard action left for the round (as well as infinite free actions).

Meanwhile, a character only gets one swift action per round, to do things like initiate boost maneuvers, cast Quickened spells, use the Shapeshift variant druid ability, or perform a demoralize check as a 7th level Zhentarim fighter.

Ralasha
2012-06-09, 08:48 PM
Well.
I've added this to the list of prestige classes I could actually take. I don't normally like Prestige, as one might determine looking at my homebrew signature to find only one or two out of all of them being prestige rather then a Base.
As such I only really take prestige classes if I see a real benefit to it over what the base class provides, and its interesting. (That's not to say I haven't seen any other good prestige classes that I like other then the ones I comment/say this on. I'm just a tad fickle)

No suggestions on feats.

Tempus step seems disproportionate. Dimensional step is only really a normal movement mode without crossing the space in between, I see no reason for them to age more then a minute at most. Now, if it was teleport, that could take a year if you go somewhere particularly far, as you skip the distance but age just as if you spent time traveling normally. Good, thanks, I'll change that to teleport. :P

When you refer to the hit dice, you do mean 11 damage if you are level 11, right? Just checking.
No, I mean Hit Dice. This includes Racial Hit Dice, racial hit dice give many benefits, so discounting them from your damage taken would be... unbalanced. To my thinking.

I think you mean Additional Swift Action at level 1. A character has unlimited free actions per round, that's why they're called "free actions". For example, you can Rage (barbarian), Shift (shifter race), Power Attack, declare a new target for your Dodge feat, chat a little with your party members, and draw two weapons (one in each hand) with your Quick Draw feat. And after that, you still have a swift, move, and standard action left for the round (as well as infinite free actions).

Meanwhile, a character only gets one swift action per round, to do things like initiate boost maneuvers, cast Quickened spells, use the Shapeshift variant druid ability, or perform a demoralize check as a 7th level Zhentarim fighter. Good to know, Swift action it is.

Thank you for your invaluable input!