PDA

View Full Version : Arsène Lupin, Gentleman Thief

Deth Muncher
2012-06-09, 03:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm hoping you all can help me out here. Some of you are probably familiar with Arsène Lupin, Maurice le Blanc's French gentleman thief character. You might know him from his several films, the crossover story with Sherlock Holmes, or possibly his grandson, Lupin III, Monkey Punch's manga/anime character. He was in a bunch of stories, and other authors have used him for their own stories.

What I'D like help with, though, is locating an English collection of these Lupin stories, in paper. Since they're all old enough to be public domain, you can find digital copies of these stories on various bookseller websites, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Likewise, as this is a discussion board, has anyone read any of the Lupin stories/seen any of the movies and have thoughts about them?

Eakin
2012-06-09, 03:04 PM
Well, there are a couple paperbacks listed on Amazon, (http://www.amazon.com/Arsene-Lupin-Maurice/dp/1444420283/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339272167&sr=8-3&keywords=Ars%C3%A8ne+Lupin) I'd probably start there. I prefer digital, and you can't beat the price of free, so I'll check it out on your recommendation.

Deth Muncher
2012-06-26, 04:27 AM
So, I nabbed a few of the books off of Amazon (thanks for that tip, by the way, I had extreme brainular failure and somehow couldn't remember the place existed), and have been flipping through. They make me chuckle. They do remind me heavily of Sherlock Holmes, if on the other side of the law, that is, at least in terms of writing style. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes SH.