Our party will be:

all level 18
Cleric (healer)
Crusader (melee)
Fighter (melee)
Barbarian (melee)
Wizard (GOD)
me (?)

What would be a good role for me? Note that a Face or Skillmonkey character won't really be necessary for this short run we're doing. I'm thinking a blaster caster might be in order, but I'm not sure what fits well into that mix.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

And relevant build help for your suggestion would be much appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance.

docnessuno
2012-06-09, 08:22 PM
I'd go with artificer (blast, buff or mix).
Straigth artificer 18 works great, but you can also consider cannith wand adept.

KoboldCleric
2012-06-09, 08:32 PM
I'd play a DFI bard. Everyone will love you. The melee for the buffs, the healer for allowing him to do something other than buff and heal from time to time, and the wizard for lifting some of the utility responsibility off his shoulders.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-09, 08:46 PM
Just in case you need a face/skillmonkey, Illumian (Krau/anything) Beguiler 1/ Wizard 4/ Ultimate Magus 10/ Mindbender 1/ Wizard 1/ Paragnostic Apostle 1. Get Able Learner, Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler, Versatile Spellcaster, and whatever else you want; you'll need one flaw. Take Spatial Awareness from Paragnostic Apostle, and get the Spontaneous Divination ACF for Wizard. With Versatile Spellcaster you can spend two Beguiler spell slots to cast any spell you know of one level higher, which means you can spontaneously cast any Wizard spell you know of up to 5th level. I'd even use Martial Wizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard) to get Improved Initiative instead of Scribe Scroll (it still works with Spontaneous Divination), and probably even specialize in Conjuration and get Abrupt Jaunt from PH2. With Able Learner and a high Int score you can be a superb skillmonkey, especially with Glibness and Moment of Prescience. You'll still have 9th level spells starting out, and a given party can never have enough Wizards.

Amoren
2012-06-09, 10:32 PM
Whatever you do, I recommend something ranged. You've got three melees in there already, four if the cleric gets into pummeling range. Of course, that's assuming you go something damage wise.

JeminiZero
2012-06-09, 10:41 PM
Is homebrew a go? :smallbiggrin:

I would suggest a Binder/KotSS. You *can* change your role each day, so depending on how the party plays out, you can swap out what function you are filling.

An of course, Summon Alien is always useful.

Instead of a Blaster Caster, maybe a Psion/Wilder/Ardent, just so there's a little variety?