PDA

View Full Version : The Chalice (IC)

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-09, 09:28 PM
You awaken in a dark stony cavern, the rough floor having been a bed while being unconscious. As you sit up a little lizard like creature squeaks from the other side of a wooden wall and door. next to you your companions awake as well, each of you remember the pervious night, the third day into your journey, settling down for the night in a clearing of the wilderness, the ambush of creatures that happened while you were all asleep. And now your locked up somewhere.

The Chalice OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246038)

Valdren
2012-06-09, 09:59 PM
"Blasted lizards," Jaren grumbles as he stands up and starts walking around the room. As he passes over and around his companions, he asks "Everyone alive?" as he casually makes his way past the others.
Perception [roll0] (I'm assuming we have no gear)

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-09, 10:03 PM
No weapons, armor is still there.

PhilMeyer
2012-06-09, 11:00 PM
"I am." Quinn searches around for his bow, and does not find it. He is thankful that he slept in his armor, at least. The ranger thinks back on the battle in the night. Who had watch? I bet it was Delk. Quinn remembers that the soldier was slain in the battle, and so tries to suppress his anger at having been caught off guard.

He stands up and moves to the door. While doing so he scans his surroundings.

Perception: [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-06-09, 11:03 PM
Gaiseric stretches as he awakens and blinks in astonishment at where the group has found itself.

"Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth, where are we?!"

Aldgar
2012-06-10, 08:06 AM
Alexander raises his hands and enchants his armor with some light, trying to get a clear view of his surroundings. A bit uncomfortable without his eidolon around, he is too nervous to begin the lengthy summoning ceremony when he hasn't ruled out any immediate danger...

"I appear to be alright."

Alexander casts the Light Cantrip on his Chainshirt.

phiris
2012-06-10, 04:34 PM
Waking up in uncertain surroundings was not an uncommon situation for Winston, but lacking the headaches he usually received from his experimental concoction, or even the local tavern's brew, he knew something was amiss. The last three days flooded back to memory as he lay on the cold floor. Turning over into an even more uncomfortable position, Winston fumbled for a nearby flask, and finding none, he finally rose in protest. Scrubbing his eyes he peered into the darkness, Seems we've had an unwitting change of accomodations
(Perception)[roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-11, 10:07 PM
The lizard-like creature outside your cell starts to claw at the wall, at closer looks, the creature is in fact a lizard, only it is 4 feet tall and 11-feet long, the room barely housing it in it's 15ft. by 15 ft. shape.

Valdren
2012-06-12, 12:54 AM
Not seeing an alternate way out, Jaren looks to the other members of his party and asks "So, who wants to wrestle the giant lizard? Maybe we can even tick off the big guy and he'll break the door down for us..." He trials off as he moves toward the exit, checking the door and surrounding stonework for any signs of wear.

K (Dungeoneering) 1d20+8
K (Engineering) 1d20+9

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-12, 04:33 AM
The Stonework seems to be naturally occuring caves, the wood work is jury-rigged at best and seems to have been improvised not using items normally in walls, drills, driftwood, a used torch, only the door seems to be made by an actual craftsman.

phiris
2012-06-12, 12:06 PM
(perception) [roll0]
(K Nature) [roll1]

Searching the ground for any improvised weapons, even a rock, Winston tried to recall where he's seen such a creature before, if at all.

PhilMeyer
2012-06-12, 03:24 PM
"Fighting it may not be necessary. Many beasts will not attack if you show no signs of aggression. Even those trained to guard, as this one most likely is, can dissuaded from attack with the right non-verbal cues."

Quinn moves to look closer at the lizard.

Nature check to deduce the properties of the lizard, and its current attitude towards us.

[roll0]

Will eventually use wild empathy to attempt to improve the lizard's attitude towards us. Might as well roll that now?

[roll1]

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-12, 06:15 PM
The lizard is hostile and dispite your attempts to improve it's mood towards you it seems to stay the same. The creature it's self is just an extra large lizard, your heard stories of lizards like this one being used by Kobolds as guards and executioners. also you manage to find a rock that fits nicely into your hand that can be used as a weapon.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-06-12, 11:08 PM
"I'm definitely not that useful when it comes to lizards..."

Aldgar
2012-06-13, 12:33 AM
"In case the lizard doesn't like us, I suggest we try to fight it. Here, let me call some assistance..."

Alexander sits down and begins a short ritual with practiced ease, retrieving a reddish-brown powder from a small pouch attached to his belt to draw a rough sigil on the floor while muttering under his breath.

Begin to summon my eidolon. This process takes 1 minute.

Since the Wall seperating us from the big lizard is made of wood and likely has some minor holes to look through, I suggest we ready ourselves for the inevitable fight that happens soon. I can buff my eidolon to grow Large and duke it out with the lizard, but that will likely cause the cell to become a bit cramped...

PhilMeyer
2012-06-14, 01:54 PM
"Good idea. Your Eidolen is much better equipped to match this threat than we are with our bare hands."

Quinn grabs a suitable rock, and waits for the summon to be completed. He keeps an eye on the Lizard's movements.

Aldgar
2012-06-14, 02:33 PM
A minute passes, all the while the strange lizard on the other side of the wooden wall rages against the thin layer of protection seperating the prisoners from the beast.

As Alexander completes his ritual, the splodgy sigil drawn on the ground suddenly flares to life, before it leaps from the ground, burning itself into the Summoner's forehead.

A pitch-black puddle of something is left on the ground, and a long, black snake slithers out of it, bearing the same rune on its head.

"Greetingss, Master. What task do you have for me today?"

"I don't know much about our situation, but we're unarmed and captive in an unknown dungeon. There's a large lizard on the other side of the wall that will probably try to eat us. Your task is to defeat it and any obstacles on our way out, until we can see the sun again."

After the short exchange, Alexander proceeds to imbue his eidolon with several enchantments, granting it some protection and magically increasing its size.

Evidently excited, the large black snake glares at the lizard beyond the wall, tasting the air and baring its fangs, before it suddenly launches itself forward, crashing against the wooden wall...

Eidolon Stats:
HP 22/22
AC 19(10 base+4 Mage Armor+2 Dex+4 natural-1 size), FF 13, Touch 12
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
Attack: Bite (+5, 2d6+3; 10' reach) OR Tail Slap(+0, 1d8+1) OR Unarmed Strike(+5, 1d6+3)
CMB+7, CMD 19

Eidolon Strength check to break down the wooden wall:
[roll0]

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-14, 06:42 PM
Init:

Winston [roll0]
Gaiseric [roll1]
Quinn [roll2]
Jaren [roll3]
Alexander [roll4]
Savi [roll5]

Battle begins, the Lizard stomps through the area the wall used to fill, it hisses at you all.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-06-15, 12:34 AM
Gaiseric waves his hands in the air and begins chanting. They may have removed his weapons, but magic can't be taken away so easily...especially when one does not need to rely on components or books.

Gaiseric begins to cast grease in front of the lizard.

Aldgar
2012-06-15, 02:16 AM
Savi, the snake eidolon hisses, with a fixed, almost hypnotic stare focused on its adversaries' eyes as her head slowly waives left and right.

A sudden, explosive movement follows as the summoner's bound creature rushes forward, fangs bared and aimed at the lizard's throat.

Meanwhile, Alexander imbued his eidolon with more magic, trying his best to support the only thing between the large lizard and his scrawny hide.

Savi attacks, using reach. The eidolon also has combat reflexes, in case the lizard provokes an AoO through movement.
Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Alexander casts Guidance on Savi, but only AFTER Savi has attacked. For the next attack Savi makes(either AoO or normal bite next turn), she gains a +1 bonus to hit.

Eidolon Stats:
HP 22/22
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
Attack: Bite (+5, 2d6+3; 10' reach) OR Tail Slap(+0, 1d8+1) OR Unarmed Strike(+5, 1d6+3)
CMB+7, CMD 19
Buffs: Enlarge Person 9/10 rounds, Mage Armor 1 hour, Guidance 1 minute(until discharged)

Alexander's Stats:
HP 29/29
AC 17(10 base+4 Armor+2 Dex+1 Dodge), FF 14, Touch 12
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3
Attack: (Spellcasting)
CMB+1, CMD 13

EDIT: I forgot the bonus spell from Charisma.
Spells:
1st-lvl: 2/4 left
Summon Monster II SLA: 6/6 left

PhilMeyer
2012-06-15, 11:43 AM
Quinn uses the distraction provided by the summoned serpent to sneak out into the hall and see what sort of situation they are in. He especially wants to see if the lizard has any reinforcements coming, and whether there are any weapons out there.

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-15, 09:26 PM
Lizards AoO on Quinn:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Quinn's down to 23 HP.

phiris
2012-06-16, 03:21 PM
cursing the lack of components necessary to brew his extracts, winston hurled his rock at the lizard, imagining the brilliant light a bomb might have given off if he could have thrown one.

[roll0]

Valdren
2012-06-16, 10:43 PM
Using the distraction caused by Quinn, Jaren races around the other side of the lizard to get into flanking with the summoned creature. While he couldn't do much himself, he can at least try to distract the lizard a bit.

PhilMeyer
2012-06-17, 06:42 PM
"I can't see **** out here, but it doesn't appear that anyone's coming. Lets take care of this beast."

Quinn hurls his rock as best he can, hoping he can hurt it even a little.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crazyfailure13
2012-06-18, 05:49 AM
The Lizard angerly snaps it's maw at at jaren as he runs around it, and at Quinn again when the rock Quinn through hit it's head.

Jaren:
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Quinn:
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Phiris, you need to roll damage for the rock you threw.

Quinn takes another 5 damage.

Aldgar
2012-06-19, 04:44 AM
Savi continued to attack the lizard. After all, only one reptile could prove itself supreme here...

Meanwhile, Alexander backed his eidolon up with practiced ease.

Savi attacks, using reach. The eidolon also has combat reflexes, in case the lizard provokes an AoO through movement.
Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Alexander casts Guidance on Savi, but only AFTER Savi has attacked. For the next attack Savi makes(either AoO or normal bite next turn), she gains a +1 bonus to hit.

Eidolon Stats:
HP 22/22
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
CMB+7, CMD 19
Buffs: Enlarge Person 8/10 rounds, Mage Armor 1 hour, Guidance 1 minute(until discharged)

Alexander's Stats:
HP 29/29
AC 17(10 base+4 Armor+2 Dex+1 Dodge), FF 14, Touch 12
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3
Attack: (Spellcasting)
CMB+1, CMD 13

Spells:
1st-lvl: 2/4 left
Summon Monster II SLA: 6/6 left