PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5/3.P]The Sealed One PEACH

silphael
2012-06-10, 02:57 PM
That's currently my first homebrew I'm at least a little proud. That's...

The Sealed One

Role:
A sealed one represents a raw power usable to nearly anything. Pending her choice of seals, she could do anything. Even in this choice, she is still capable of some polyvalence. A Sealed One could be a fearsome opponent on the battlefield or the nearly invisible courtier that's manipulating half a kingdom to attain her goals.

Alignment:
Any.

Starting Wealth:
As fighter.

Hit Die
d6
Skill Points
2 + Int (but see lower)
Class Skills
Craft, Disguise, Heal, Knowledge (Any), Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Survival, Use Magic Device
Special: The Sealed One receives skills pending his seals choices.

{table=head]{colsp=9}Table: The Sealed One
Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Permanent Seals: sealed/ breached/ shattered/ opened.|Seal change|Seals available

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+0| Now I'm sealed, Even with a fraction of my true power... | 1/-/-/- | 1 | 3

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+0| Permanent seal breaking | 1/1/-/- | 1 | 4

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+1| Seal shielding | 2/1/-/- | 1 | 5

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1| Permanent Seal shatering| 2/1/1/- | 1 |6

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1| Seal fortification, Bonus Feat | 3/1/1/- | 1 | 7

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2| Improved Control over Seals, First Seal Combination | 3/1/1/- | 2 | 8

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2| Lesser Revelation | 4/1/1/- | 2 | 9

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+2| Bonus Feat | 4/2/1/- | 2 | 10

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+3| You know What? That's much quicker this way... | 5/2/1/- | 2 | 11

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3| Second Seal Combination | 6/2/1/- | 3 | 12

11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3| Bonus Feat, | 6/3/1/- | 3 | 13

12th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+4| Permanent Seal Opening | 6/3/1/1 | 3 | 14

13th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+4| Revelation | 6/3/2/1 | 4 | 15

14th|
+7/+2|
+4|
+4|
+4| Bonus Feat, Third Seal Combination. | 6/4/2/1 | 4 | 17

15th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+5| But That's my true form! | 6/4/3/1 | 5 | 18

16th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+5| Seal Transfer | 6/4/3/2 | 5 | 20

17th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+5| Bonus Feat | 6/5/3/2 | 6 | 22

18th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+6| Fourth Seal Combination | 6/5/4/2 | 6 | 24

19th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+6| Quickened Seal Tranfer | 6/5/4/3 | 7 | 26

20th|
+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+6| Greater Revelation, Bonus Feat | 6/5/4/4 | 8 | 28[/table]

Class Features

Weapons and armor:
The sealed One has no weapon or armor proficiencies (but see Seals).

Now I'm sealed (Ex):
At first level, the Sealed One receives two permanent sealed seals, chosen among the seals she is able to lay upon himself (seals available). She may change those seals each day, or during a one hour long ceremony (organized as she wants, it just needs to be ininterrupted). Those seals are at the "sealed" level. The available seals are chosen among the list of seals (next post) at first level and every time she gains one. At every even level, she may swap one available seal for another.

That's the base for this class. The seals are giving proficiencies, skills, some class features and so on.

Even with a fraction of my true power... (Su)
A sealed One is able to break her seals but, at the beginning, only for a short time. As a free action once per turn, she may switch one seal to the next level (sealed -> breached -> shattered -> opened) or the former (opened -> shattered -> breached -> sealed). You may make two switchs on the same seals, suffering the effects of both this round, then the effects of the highest one when increasing, the lowest when decreasing. Those changements have a duration of one minutes, and may only be done under the flow of adrenaline, therefore only in battle (or special conditions only defined by the GM). You cannot have the same seal at differents levels at the same time, and their effects don't stack (you don't automatically get the sealed power if you have the breached seal active).

I'm still asking myself if I'm writing four or three levels of seals.

Permanent seal breaking (Ex):
At second level, the Sealed learns how to maintain a seal breached without suffering the inconvenients. When she chooses her sealed seals, she may choose to have one of those seals breached as well as the standards sealed seals (so two sealed and one breached at level 2). This seal is breached during the whole day without her suffering any disadvantage.
At fourth level she learns how to "permanently" shatter a seal, and how to permanently open it at 12th level.

One permanent seal broken means some power available during the whole day. Some of the powers of seals are made to do things out of combat, and therefore some seals are bothersome to truly use during battle.

Seal Shielding (Su):
At third level, the flowing energy of her seals begins to harden, providing the Sealed One with an increased durability. She gains a +X Seal bonus to AC, X being the number of sealed seals, as well as a +Y shield bonus to AC, Y being the number of opened seals.

I need help on this, I'm thinking the first one could be a deflection bonus to AC.

Bonus Feat:
At 5th, and every three levels thereafter, the Sealed One receive one bonus feat. She may fulfill the prerequisites of those feats with the abilities provided by any seal, as long as she has chosen those seals as available. To use those feats, she still has to fulfill those prerequisites, even if only temporary.

Seal Fortification (Ex):
At 5th level, the seals are providing the Sealed One with a near homogenous body, therefore giving her a 10% chance of negating any critical hit on herself per sealed or opened seal.

Something to add?

Improved Control over Seals (Su):
At 6th level, and 10th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th and 20th level, she learns to change one more seal per turn (noted under Seal change).

That's the numerical part of E6's capstone. One more seal change per turn allow the possibility to have one opened and one shattered seal at the beginning of each fight.

First Seal Combination (Ex):
At 6th level, when a Sealed One has 2 seals at the same level she receives increased benefits, written under "combination bonuses". A Sealed One can only benefit from one of those combination at 6th level, one more at 10th, 15th, and one last at 20th level. A combination may be done with any number of seals, giving greater bonuses with more seals at the same level. She may use one more combination at 10th, 14th, and 18th level.

Second part of E6's capstone, providing nice bonuses.

Lesser Revelation (Su):
Starting at 7th level, as long as a Sealed has at least 3 Seals opened, she takes the form of a creature with HD equal or lower of its own, and equal or lower than twice the number of opened seals. At the beginning, she only has access to the Ex and constant abilities of the creature. This creature can be of any type, without any template, but the type has to be chosen the first time she takes this shape. The shape of the creature can be different than the standard shape of these kind of creature.
At 14th level, the ability upgrade as long as 5 seals are opened. She has now access to the supernatural abilities of the creature, and may add up to 1 LA of template per opened seals above 5.
At 20th level, the Sealed One attains the full power hidden inside her. As long as 7 seals are opened, she has access to the spell like abilities and spellcasting of the creature, but she have to spend the material spell components of all SLA that have a gp cost above 100 gp or a xp cost above 100 xp. All other components are ignored.

May need balance here, and I need to know if it's a real capstone (or part of it).

You know what? That's much quicker this way... (Ex):
A 9th level Sealed One ties her power to herself, not to poorly assembled magic. While in an antimagic field, all her seals are considered opened and become Extraordinary abilities. Only the abilities given with a number of uses are staying Su or Sp. The Revelation stays a Su abilities and doesn't activate through this AMF.

But That's my true form! (Ex):
At 15th level, when a Sealed One is under the effect of an antimagic field, she takes her reveled shape.

Both of the last features are strong ones, but this class is primarily made for "fighters". I'm still looking for a way to make the first one not a to take-thing for "spellcasting" Sealed Ones, and I'm not incredibly good with english wording.

Seal transfer (Su):
At 16th level she learns to quickly change her choice of seals. As a full-round action, she may reset her choice of seals, trading all her seals in their current state for seals in the status it were with this choice at the beginning of the day. At 19th level she may do it as a swift action.

silphael
2012-06-10, 02:59 PM
Reserved for Seals

Personnal Seals:

Seal of Body: the raw physical power of your true being is hidden behind this one

Sealed: Increase HD to D12 (make one calculation once chosen as available and switch between this one or the one without, use the highest HD sealed.),
Increase For save progression to Good,
Proficiency with all natural weapons.
All skills based on strength, or constitution are considered class skills, 1 receives free full ranks.
+1 natural armor bonus/ 4 sealed one levels (minimum 1),
Slam attack with a base of 1D6 for medium sized characters,

Breached:As sealed, except:
+1 to strength and constitution per 4 class levels,
Slam attack's damage dice increased to 1D8,
DR 1/- /4 sealed one levels (minimum 1),
1 more skill with free full ranks.
Fast Healing equal to 1 per 4 sealed one levels (minimum 1).

Per round, you suffer 1 point of non lethal damage per 4 levels that isn't healable by this fast healing.

Shattered:As breached, except:
+2 to strength and constitution per 4 class levels (minimum +2),
Slam attack's damage dice increased to 2d6,
1 more skill with free full ranks,
DR 2/- per 4 sealed one levels (minimum 2),
Fast Healing equal to 2 per 4 sealed one levels (minimum 2).

When you shatter this seal, your HP becomes half your maximum HP, and as long as it is active, you cannot regain hp above it. You still suffer the effect of the breached level.

Opened:As shattered, except:
+4 to strength and constitution per 4 class levels (minimum +4),
Slam attack's damage dice increased to 3d6,
1 more skills with free full ranks,
DR 4/- per 4 sealed one levels (minimum 4),
Regeneration 2 per 4 sealed one levels (minimum 2, bypassed by: level 1-5: magic, alchemical silver, or fire; 6-10: fire, or alchemical silver and magic; 11-15: fire or opposed alignement; 16-19:

force or opposed alignements; 20+: force or opposed alignements and epic)

When you finally open this seal, you suffer the effects of both the breached and the shattered seal, with the automatic damage increased to 2 per 4 class levels.

Combinations:
With personnals: Mettle (1 personnal), Evasion (2 personnal),
With elementals: Breath attack (1 dice of damage per class level, 1d6 if only one elemental, 1d8 if two, any element sealed),
With primordials:

Seal of Mind:
Your mind is hidden far beyond this seal, but you can bring it back.

Sealed:
Increase Will save progression to Good,
Increase HD to D8,
All skills based on intelligence and wisdom are considered class skills, and 1 of them receives free full ranks,
+1 tactical bonus to all saves per 4 levels,
+1 per level to all int and wisdom based skills (won't let you roll those untrained).

Breached:
As sealed, except:
May use mage hand at will,
Gain telepathy with a range of 120 feet,
May use Detect thoughts at will,
+1 to intelligence and wisdom per 4 class levels,
May suffer 1 point of int or wis burn as a free action to receive the same amount as untyped bonus to the other during one minute.
Recover 1 point of mental ability damage per turn.

Suffer one point of damage to all physical scores per round. That damage disappears when you reseal this seal.

Shattered:
As breached, except:
May use telekinesy at will, except you can only target a single target (no thousands arrows trick or things like that then...),
Recover 2 points of mental ability damage per turn,
+2 to intelligence and wisdom per 4 class levels,
The amount of burn you can suffer as a free action is increased to 4,
Mental abilities recovery increased to 2.

Physical abilities damage increased to 2 per round.

Opened:
As shattered, except:
+4 to intelligence and wisdon per 4 class levels,
Amount of burn per free action increased to 10,
Mental recovering increased to 4,
1 more skills at full free ranks,
May use telekinesy at will.

Cannot make physical action and is considered helpless for the purpose of physical attacks, except if any seals increasing physical features is at least sealed.

Combinations:
Working on this one.
With personnals: 1: Astral projection (how many, that's a good question), 2:

Seal of Soul:
For you, it isn't your body or your mind that's strong. Your simply gifted to manipulate, either things with your hands, or people with your words.

Sealed:
Increase Ref save progression to good,
Increase HD to D8,
All skills based on dexterity and charisma are considered class skills, and 1 of them receives free full ranks,
+10 feet enhancement bonus to move speed per 4 class level,
+1 per level to all dex and cha based skills,
Can make any intent of changing NPCs attitudes as a full round action instead of the standard time.

Breached:
As sealed, except:
+1 to dex and cha per 4 class levels,
May cast charm person once per hour, with an cha based save DC (I recommend using the revised version of the charms spells),
Can make an intent of changing NPCs attitudes as a standard action instead of the standard duration.

Shattered:
As breached, except:
+2 to dex and cha per 4 class levels,
May cast charm monster or dominate person once per hour, cha save DC,
The NPC attitudes changing become a move action.

Opened:
As shattered, except:
+4 to dex per 4 class levels,
May cast dominate monster once per hour, cha save DC,
May change NPC attitude as a swift action.

Elemental Seals:
Later!

Conceptual Seals:
Later!

Apocalypse Seals:
Working!

Creatures Seals:
Incoming...

Miscellaneous Seals:
Incoming...

Unfinished, simply to show how it will be.

silphael
2012-06-10, 03:00 PM
Reserved for Seals (2)

silphael
2012-06-10, 03:05 PM
Reserved for feats

silphael
2012-06-10, 03:07 PM
Reserved for ACFs.

silphael
2012-06-10, 03:14 PM
And last one reserved: you may post now.

silphael
2012-06-10, 05:39 PM
I think I wasn't clear: you may now post, feel free to peach, I'm working on the seals. I will soon (within one hour) post some examples of those, basing power level on this, so you will be able to PEACH it too.

silphael
2012-06-10, 08:01 PM
64 views and no peaches? I know that without seals, the class currently doesn't mean a lot of things.

Oh. And just saw one column is missing...

eftexar
2012-06-10, 08:20 PM
I can't really say much, considering there are no balance points to judge on yet, but I have been following this and waiting.

The mechanics look interesting though and I'm always for new subsystems over recycling new ones (even though I regurgitate warlock-like mechanics alot).

silphael
2012-06-22, 06:58 AM
The first three personnal seals are now added, they are intended to be more powerfull than the next seals, or at least easier to use. They are simply what makes the class more fighting, casting, or skilly. The thre other personnal seals will be power (strength and charisma), resilience (constitution and wisdom), and swiftness (dexterity and intelligence).

If you have any seals idea, send me some ^^

eftexar
2012-06-22, 10:02 AM
No ideas really. But I really like where this is going. What tier are you aiming for here?
As I haven't seen all the seals yet I'm not quite sure about balance. But I worry about the number of seals you have listed as being available towards higher levels and the abilities just a single seal provides.

silphael
2012-06-22, 04:54 PM
Those three (and the three other personnals) are intended to be taken at first level, in order to have a base for the class HD, skills, and so on.

Just figured I forgot to add in Body that you gain proficiency with your natural attack...

zorenathres
2012-06-28, 06:26 PM
really good stuffs, i am liking the concept & cant wait to see what new seals you are developing...

just a question, what are apocalypse seals exactly?