PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking housemate in Brisbane, Australia

Agamid
2012-06-10, 10:24 PM
Hi! I wouldn't usually do this, but the fellow who moved out is still paying rent until someone moves in and we have had almost NO interest on the internet ad that was put up. And I'd really prefer if we had someone move in BEFORE I go to europe in 2 and a half weeks, so at least I can know who I'll be living with when I get back...

Sooo... It's in Everton Park...

Nice big house, carpeted, porch, fully furnished aside from room (and we are currently TV-less - other than my chunky old one that probably weighs more than me).
The room is on the second floor, that is shared by myself and a professional early 20s girl (and my four lizards), while downstairs is fully contained and lived in by a couple in their twenties and their two small dogs.
You would be sharing a bathroom and fridge with me, and a living area and kitchen with me and the other girl upstairs. There is parking in driveway, shared by two other cars.
Bus stops to the city or heading further north are close, as is a coles, night owl, pubs, bottle'o's, cafes, banks, adult store, ice creamery and even a pole dancing studio! (What more could you want? :P) And then just 4km away there is Stafford City with its cinema, aldi, woolies, eb games and everything else.
None of us are smokers, and no smoking in the house, but our old housemate used to smoke on the porch (I think his lighter and ashtray are still out there actually). And I'm Veggo, but I don't mind at all what your diet consists of :)

Rent is $130/wk, plus +$18/mth high speed wireless internet, +water and electricity (that vary but are never outlandish).

The online ad and the contact details for Kaine (who lives downstairs and is leasing the room) are here (http://www.rs.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-everton+park-9179909?tm=1339383811&c=89155959)

Please pass this on if you know anyone in Brissy looking, or contact Kaine if you're interested yourself. Thank you!

Serpentine
2012-06-10, 10:55 PM
Well dang. If you'd posted this in 2 or 3 months, it would've been pretty close to perfect for me...

Agamid
2012-06-11, 01:17 AM
Well dang. If you'd posted this in 2 or 3 months, it would've been pretty close to perfect for me...

bugger :(

though if we keep getting no interest, then it may still be available.

Elemental
2012-06-11, 01:35 AM
It sounds good, but I'm currently unemployed, so can't afford to move out.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-06-11, 09:55 AM
Wish I was Australian so I could get in on this. Your lizards are adorable, what more could someone want from a housemate? =3

*hugs* Best of luck in your search. =)