PDA

View Full Version : Joker 3.5 Build?

DarknessB4Dawn
2012-06-11, 02:34 AM
As the title suggest I'm going for a Joker as a pc, I've read up on the "Joker Bard", which is used by DMs to combat the Batman Wizard though I wish to have a playable on. I was mulling over the Jester and figured it would be a good skeleton class, though how would one define the Mark Hamill joker? (Got the voice down and all :D) Ahem....But as stated I was thinking a Jester straight or investing in some fighter levels. What do you guys think? Hopefully some pointers?

eggs
2012-06-11, 02:42 AM
Factotum is the answer to pretty much any "[plot-powered hero/villain], but in D&D" question.

Zonugal
2012-06-11, 09:11 AM
What about this for a build?

Vecna-Blooded Human Bard 6; Willing Deformity [1st], Deformity (Face) [Human], Deformity (Madness) [Flaw], Poison Master [3rd] & Poison Immunity (Insanity Mist) [6th].

He's got the talents of a Bard and is immune to divination & any mind-affecting effect.

worldeater47
2012-06-11, 11:39 AM
Might I suggest the Divine Prankster PRC from races of stone fits the them quite well or Jester base class from DMC both fit him quite well.

Venger
2012-06-11, 12:30 PM
a few levels in master of masks from complete scoundrel might be fun as well. remember he disguised himself quite frequently on TAS and was almost always successful until it was too late.

Venger
2012-06-11, 12:39 PM
a few levels in master of masks from complete scoundrel might be fun as well. remember he disguised himself quite frequently on TAS and was almost always successful until it was too late.

Waker
2012-06-11, 12:48 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245072
This thread has an attempt at making Joker (albeit for an NPC) using the Joker Bard base. If nothing else it might give you some ideas for leveling up and what to take when.

Venger
2012-06-11, 12:51 PM

Slipperychicken
2012-06-11, 05:48 PM
I know it's been said, but Willing Deformity (Madness) feels required, if he has the feat slots to spare (or can't cast Mind Blank). He's so crazy, he's immune to Mind Affecting.

DarknessB4Dawn
2012-06-11, 09:10 PM
I was looking at the stats for Vecna-blooded but it didn't give me an LA, happen to know if it has one?

Zonugal
2012-06-12, 06:34 PM
I was looking at the stats for Vecna-blooded but it didn't give me an LA, happen to know if it has one?

The same as every other Blooded template, +1 LA.