PDA

View Full Version : About Dukes of Hell and other stuff...

FuryShadow
2012-06-11, 10:53 AM
Hello Playgrounders this is my first post I hope this is the right place for it.

Well I have a doubt, there is some convertion or Homebrewed stats or rules in here or some other web where I could find the Dukes of Hells mentioned but never detailed in the books of 3.5e and that mentioned in 1e MMII but never converted to 3.5.

I want to run a High level campaing in the lower planes, and I dont want to involve the Lords of Nine directly, but a Duke of hell or one of the Dark Eight could fit my game. The problem is that a few Dukes are ever detailed in 3.5, the only ones I know are in the Dragon 360-361 article Aristrocracy of Hell or something like that.

Is someone knows any sources (official, 3rd party, homebrew, anything) of stats or rules to create this kind of Unique Devils... let me know =)

Thx

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 11:26 AM
Fiendish Codex II is the primary source material for all things devilish, and offers stats for aspects of the dukes, IIRC.

FuryShadow
2012-06-11, 11:33 AM
Thanks Toliudar... FCII offer stats for the Archdukes, but i mean sources of the missing minor Lords and Dukes missing in the 3e Books, The BoVD, FCI, and FCII, does not detail for example the Dark Eight. The powerfuls Pit Fiends commanders of the legions of Hell.

Toliudar
2012-06-11, 11:36 AM
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood. Then I cannot help you.

Arcane_Secrets
2012-06-11, 11:40 AM
Hello Playgrounders this is my first post I hope this is the right place for it.

Well I have a doubt, there is some convertion or Homebrewed stats or rules in here or some other web where I could find the Dukes of Hells mentioned but never detailed in the books of 3.5e and that mentioned in 1e MMII but never converted to 3.5.

I want to run a High level campaing in the lower planes, and I dont want to involve the Lords of Nine directly, but a Duke of hell or one of the Dark Eight could fit my game. The problem is that a few Dukes are ever detailed in 3.5, the only ones I know are in the Dragon 360-361 article Aristrocracy of Hell or something like that.

Is someone knows any sources (official, 3rd party, homebrew, anything) of stats or rules to create this kind of Unique Devils... let me know =)

Thx

Dicefreaks created a very extensive series of PDF's detailing their versions of the Dukes of Hell, the Dark Eight (which they called the Dark Ministry), et cetera. I don't have the url available right now for downloads, but you should be able to find them with a reasonable amount of searching.

Morph Bark
2012-06-11, 11:47 AM
Dicefreaks created a very extensive series of PDF's detailing their versions of the Dukes of Hell, the Dark Eight (which they called the Dark Ministry), et cetera. I don't have the url available right now for downloads, but you should be able to find them with a reasonable amount of searching.

Don't those have a minimum CR of 30? The Lords of the Nine are practically doubled in CR from their official stats, at least.

Arcane_Secrets
2012-06-11, 11:55 AM
Don't those have a minimum CR of 30? The Lords of the Nine are practically doubled in CR from their official stats, at least.

Close to that, yes (the lowest has a CR of 29). At the same time:

1) You could still use the flavor.

2) You could still tone the stats down if you wanted.

hamishspence
2012-06-11, 12:40 PM
The FC2 free online web enhancements had some detailed stat blocks on various minor archfiends, including Lilith- but I don't think the Dark Eight were among them.

FuryShadow
2012-06-11, 12:49 PM
Thanks you all!

The Dicefreak Dukes and Archdukes are a little bit high CR... but still is a good source.

For the Dark eight for example I can use the flavor and none of them is over CR 40, still i can reduce their power if I want.

The Dukes are too high in CR but i can tune them down, or used the flavor mixed with the official lore and create my own stats with the rules presented in the Gates of Hell of Dicefreak.

And for the Archdevils... well elevate the ones from the BoVD to a CR 40-45 around which is my target.

Thanks again =)

nedz
2012-06-11, 04:32 PM
You could always simply roll your own. That way you get the CR you want and the flavour too.