PDA

View Full Version : Binder\caster question

killianh
2012-06-11, 02:53 PM
I'm looking at binding to help boost my spell casting for a blaster caster (for flavour). I need a level 18 character and so far I have a Human Necropolitan 1 Warmage\10 Rainbow Servant\7 ??? I used the Eldritch corruption trick for early entry into rainbow servant (before the question is asked) and the DM approved use the Bind Vestige feat to get into anima mage if I choose to (I know there's been debate on whether that works or not). Now I have a few questions.

1) What are good vestiges for a blaster caster to bind to boost casting? (other stuff doesn't matter with this build all to much)

2) should I go the anima mage route to get them or just take the binding feat(s)? and if neither what else should I take both feat and class wise?

3) Is there anything else that might fit flavour wise?

killianh
2012-06-11, 04:04 PM
28 views and no help yet? :smalleek:

Ezekiul
2012-06-11, 04:13 PM
Binders are better gishes than blasters due to the PrC Anima Mage giving free metamagic a couple times per day. Most binder vestiges are more for utility:

Dahlver-Nar gives a share pain, AC from Con, and wisdom damage immunity.
Naberius for fast ability heal/take 10s on diplomacy
Beur gives poison/disease immunity as well as fast healing
Tenebrous gives turn undead (which partnered with Divine Defiance (Fiendish Codex 2) lets you counterspell as an immediate action) and gives miss chance, Zceryll gives telepathy, a template, and free summons (link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/2007071)

Thoughs are my staple for binders for the most part.

Quirp
2012-06-11, 04:32 PM
Focalor replaces your reserve feat for use as a blast-all-day-long.

The best vestige is only found only: Astaroth (Diabolus) is a fourth level vestige that makes all your fire spells deal half fire and half vile damage, which is normally not resisted.

If you want to use staffs and wands Karsus improves their save DCs.

sreservoir
2012-06-11, 04:33 PM
perhaps the most profoundly impactful vestige is naberius. naberius is not, in and of itself, horribly powerful; however its placement as a 1st-level vestige, combined with the fact the ability damage is used frequently elsewhere as a cost intended to be nontrivial to fix, gives it far-reaching and not necessarily intentional effects. for reference (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4124.0).

other vestiges have their uses -- zceryll, in particular, can be laughably broken -- but I don't think any can be abused quite as much as naberius.

taint-related material, anyone?