PDA

View Full Version : Comments on my d20 modern build

Gminsfun
2012-06-11, 06:51 PM
About to play a d20 modern game in which there is two worlds, real and online.

In the real world everything is as the same, but online all combat is weaponless and wisdom acts like str and intelligence acts like con. If you hack anything and it goes wrong, you fight unarmed vs virus programmes.

My character is going to be a deep hacker, not stacking out computer use as in my eyes he is self taught, also uses stim drugs to boost his attributes where necessary.

Likely stats are str 13 dex 10 con 12 int 15 wis 14 cha 8
Starting occupation doctor for wealth, computer use and craft pharmaceuticals

Base class either

Fast - for defence bonuses and slightly more skills
Strong - better attack and use of melee smash tree for combat.
Both are good but leaning toward strong atm.

Feats - exotic weapon katana, combat martial arts

The katana will be used in the real world as it is nasty and suits his martial arts training, but in the online world he will be trained unarmed.

Advanced class choice is then either

Soldier - spec for unarmed, good to hit chance, crit chance and solid static damage bonuses

Martial artist - good for improving dice size and thinks like iron fist.

If any of this makes sense, let me know what you think

Thanks

Hylas
2012-06-11, 08:08 PM
All I can think of. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmKfbC-adSI)

Fast and Martial Artist seems like better fluff, if you ask me. What about the dedicated hero?

Gminsfun
2012-06-12, 01:20 AM
That video is cool, pretty much sums it up lol. Dedicated might work actually, hadnt thought about that as it has more skills and the focus and faith bits might be very characterful, i worry about my damage and to hit, out of the web but i guess thats what my stims are for lol.

Tyndmyr
2012-06-12, 02:12 PM
Fast - for defence bonuses and slightly more skills
Strong - better attack and use of melee smash tree for combat.
Both are good but leaning toward strong atm.

You can do both...that said, straight strong, while having MUCH crappier options, gets you into soldier a level earlier. Not great for being good at combat AND hacking, but not bad for a fairly combat focused char.

Note additionally that the tree in strong that helps you ignore hardness? Useless. Just take the added damage. It's the same amount, so it's just as good against objects, and better against everything else.

However, Fast gets you Evasion right off, and nice initial armor. It's always hard not to take some fast.