PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Advice for evil overlord VS campaign?

Riddly
2012-06-11, 09:02 PM
I typically have a 3 player group which I DM on the weekends. 2 of my players had me start them out in a new campaign set in Dark Sun while the other guy was unavailable and I'm thinking about getting the other player into the game in separate sessions to play as the Big Bad Evil Guy. Knowing the player I'm sure he'd fit the roll but I figure this kind of game is going to require new rules outside of the scope of Pathfinder as I know it, rules for a player to operate cults, nations, strongholds, or whatever various other organizations or dungeons; -in addition to the fact that I'm not sure how I could go about setting it up so that the inevitable final face-to-face conflict will leave -whatever character he makes- an equal match for the other 2 players' currently Gladiator 5/Black Cossack 1 and Wilder 4/Pyrokineticist 2.

What rules exist for player dungeon building/organization management and how can I ensure a lone PC BBEG with his wits about him has a chance against a pair of PC "heros"?

I'm aware of the nation building rules in King Maker, but would those work? Any territorial encroachment would surely be quickly dealt with by the regional Sorcerer King?

Ninja PieKing
2012-06-16, 02:45 PM
have the PC BBEG follow a good chunk of evil overlords list and give him/her better gear