PDA

View Full Version : Uh...what? Dragonwrought Kobold

CIDE
2012-06-11, 10:23 PM
Okay, I may have found a rather serious problem to the classic Loredrake Venerable DRagonrought Kobold build. No, it's not the usual "NOT A TRUE DRAGON!" argument. I don't care about any of that. But for the sake of discussion we'll assume (regardless of what source says what) they do qualify as a true dragon. Just for this discussion.

Okay, as true dragons they'd have age categories, right? And also as true dragons doesn't this mean they'd also have access to traditional (or loredrake adjusted) racial hit die? In fact, wouldn't it lock them into the level progression of normal true dragons as seen in the Draconomicon?

That said wouldn't the Venerable status bump them up a few age categories to the point where they'd have added LA that would ultimately ruin the entire premise of stacking all the Sorcerer level buffs?

Arcanist
2012-06-11, 10:39 PM
Okay, I may have found a rather serious problem to the classic Loredrake Venerable DRagonrought Kobold build. No, it's not the usual "NOT A TRUE DRAGON!" argument. I don't care about any of that. But for the sake of discussion we'll assume (regardless of what source says what) they do qualify as a true dragon. Just for this discussion.

Okay, as true dragons they'd have age categories, right? And also as true dragons doesn't this mean they'd also have access to traditional (or loredrake adjusted) racial hit die? In fact, wouldn't it lock them into the level progression of normal true dragons as seen in the Draconomicon?

That said wouldn't the Venerable status bump them up a few age categories to the point where they'd have added LA that would ultimately ruin the entire premise of stacking all the Sorcerer level buffs?

As much as I'd like to argue otherwise naming them as True Dragons would would allow them to advance by class level... So the RHd reduction would not effect them...

CIDE
2012-06-11, 10:44 PM
As much as I'd like to argue otherwise naming them as True Dragons would would allow them to advance by class level... So the RHd reduction would not effect them...

Draconomicon rules IIRC forced them to take RHD (without its benefits essentially making a LA that I don't think could be bought off) when they progressed age categories though. And even using Kobold's natural age it'd be an age category or two for a Venerable Kobold. Unless of course we're operating under the assumption (I don't think we should) that the Kobold being a "true dragon" would also give it a Dragon's lifespan.

Either way there'd be a few age categories progressed.