PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Sorcadin

Little Brother
2012-06-12, 02:52 AM
As the title obviously states, I have decided to build an unarmed Sorcadin for the next campaign I'm in.

It starts at level 9. I decided I want to go with a full-contact magic deal. I also think Grafts could be a nifty add-on, a sort of an Iron Hands "The flesh is weak" deal added on.

Fractional BAB is in effect, by the way.

So, the build I'm looking at is Human Battle Sorcerer 1(For flavor, mostly. Negotiable, but I like it)/Battledancer 1/Sorcerer +4/Crusader 1/AbjChamp 2(AbjChamp +1/Sacred Exorcist 1/Abchamp +2/Sacred Exorcist +X). I really wanted to fit in Fleshwarper, 9s are more important, IMO.

DM is letting me trade the familiar for a Wizard Domain(Transmutation is what I'm going for). We get one feat retrained pre-game.

Feats I'm looking at are Draconic Heritage(Gold), Combat Casting, Extend, Persist, ???, Superior Unarmed Strike, and Southern Magician. The idea is to nab DMM at level 12. I want Graft Flesh, but, excluding sketchy uses of retraining that I'm not sure actually work(Don't exactly have PHBII on me), I'm not seeing how. If it DID work, I'd also need a way to grab Touchstone: Catalogs of Enlightenment AND DMM. I'm pretty feat-starved, which is annoying. I COULD give up SAS, but I really don't want to.

Gear I'm looking at: Gauntlet of Heartfelt Blows(12K), Eye of Flame(10.8K), Corsair's Eyepatch, just for the aesthetics(3K), which leaves me 10.2K left over.

Spells I'm looking at: Bloodwind(Non-negotiable, punching from across the room it too cool), Mighty Wallop and greater(See above), Mage Armor, and otherwise I got no idea. Never actually played a sorcadin before. Ideas?

Thanks for any input.

Krazzman
2012-06-12, 04:11 AM
For spells... I liked Fist of stone for my low str sorcerer gish. It gives you +6 Str and a slam attack IIRC.

The point about DMM on a sorcerer... I think you can't get it because you have to be a divine caster to use divine meta magic. Additionally I think you could possibly start with multyclassing exp mali if you don't take a race with favoured class sorcerer. (AFAIK you have to balance your multiple classes in a range of 1 or 2 levels... correct me if I'm wrong).

Cespenar
2012-06-12, 05:03 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Mage Armor isn't compatible with Abj. Champ's abilities. It's (Greater) Luminous Armor and/or Shield you want.

Vladislav
2012-06-12, 05:43 AM
The point about DMM on a sorcerer... I think you can't get it because you have to be a divine caster to use divine meta magic.He can. It's a Sacred Exorcist trick.

If I'm not mistaken, Mage Armor isn't compatible with Abj. Champ's abilities. It's (Greater) Luminous Armor and/or Shield you want.Indeed, Abj. Ch only interacts with Abjuration spells that provide a Shield or Deflection bonus. Eventhough the flavor blurb of the PrC says they like casting Mage Armor, the rules text actually makes Mage Armor if not outright useless, then at least suboptimal.

Little Brother
2012-06-12, 09:11 AM
For spells... I liked Fist of stone for my low str sorcerer gish. It gives you +6 Str and a slam attack IIRC.Hmm...

Crap. I thought. Bite of the X was one level lower than the druid progression. Fist of Stone does seem nice...

The point about DMM on a sorcerer... I think you can't get it because you have to be a divine caster to use divine meta magic. Additionally I think you could possibly start with multyclassing exp mali if you don't take a race with favoured class sorcerer. (AFAIK you have to balance your multiple classes in a range of 1 or 2 levels... correct me if I'm wrong).Southern Magician.

Also, human. And people actually use that rule? :smalleek:

If I'm not mistaken, Mage Armor isn't compatible with Abj. Champ's abilities. It's (Greater) Luminous Armor and/or Shield you want.Oh, piss. You're right. That means I have to be exalted, right?