PDA

View Full Version : Soracdin help

thunderzach
2012-06-12, 01:29 PM
I'm looking to make a sorcadin but my dm generally hates having a ton of classes from non core books. I tend to be the rules lawyer of the group so I get a little more leeway with it because he trusts me.

I was thinking of going pally 2/sorc 4/spellsword 1/abj champion 5/ eldrich knight 8

However, thats probably too many classes to pull off. And I'd lose 9th level spells. I'd really like to play a viable charisma based gish but I'm having trouble finding a more straightfoward build that is at least viable. The other players tend to optimize horribly or don't play very high powered characters well, so it doesnt have to be a perfect build. I was also wondering if losing 9th level spells was worth it.

I like doing things the group hasn't done before e.g. melee fighting/ tanky/ mage. I also like doing things that don't seem like they should be good but they are.

Any advice?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-12, 01:42 PM
That build is only 19 levels. Replace Eldritch Knight 7 with Sacred Exorcist 8 and you've got 9th level spells with a +16 BAB at 20th. Still too many classes, though.

There was another thread discussing the merits of Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer) in a build when you're restricted in your number of classes. You may want to skip Paladin though and just make your build Battle Sorcerer 7/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 8. Once you hit Sacred Exorcist 4 you can switch out Dismissal for a different spell known. Get a custom Runestaff (MIC) with Ancestral Relic (BoED) so you can upgrade it yourself, put whatever spells you want on it, and even switch out spells for different ones. You'll need Arcane Preparation (CA) to use (Greater) Luminous Armor (BoED), which doesn't cost you any spells known and it's the only armor spell that benefits from Abjurant Champion. Maybe use Illumian (RoD) with Naenhoon to use Sacred Exorcist turning to Persist two buffs each day, preferably Wraithstrike and Draconic Polymorph. You can also pick up Divine Might (CW) to have something to spend turning uses on, especially if you get a few Night Sticks (LM).

thunderzach
2012-06-12, 01:54 PM
good catch, must have just fat fingered the 7 instead of 8. Also thanks for pointing out that thread. ill go take a look at it

Essence_of_War
2012-06-12, 04:21 PM
The Battle Sorcerer version is pretty solid if your DM likes having the minimum number of classes.

If my DM felt that way, I might consider just playing gish-in-a-can like the Duskblade or the Developer Fix of the Hexblade (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19547530/Contacting_Wizards_of_the_Coast_about_Hex_Blades?p ost_id=332210466#332210466)