PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Minotaur Greathammer

killem2
2012-06-12, 05:11 PM
I have a Goliath Barbarian, that will move into dungeon crasher, then war hulk.

I've ask my DM about this weapon and he said it is most certainly a possibility to find, and even possibly replicate. However, same as I am, the dm has no idea what to even set the crafting DC at to weapon smith something like that up.

It will end up being a large version maybe even a huge version (in case I end up increasing my size later on).

Well playground, what do you think? I mean, surely it makes sense that there must be some blacksmith capable of reproducing what is essentially just a big hammer.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-06-12, 05:14 PM
Take Goliath Greathammer. And 19 to the weapon's crit threat range. Done.

Answerer
2012-06-12, 05:15 PM
It's an Exotic melee weapon: DC 18. For a Masterwork Greathorn Minotaur Hammer, there is a separate DC 20 "Masterwork item" to craft as well.

There's nothing particularly special about the hammer, it's just the traditional weapon of a certain race that does not see a lot of use by other races: that's pretty much the definition of exotic.

killem2
2012-06-12, 05:25 PM
It's an Exotic melee weapon: DC 18. For a Masterwork Greathorn Minotaur Hammer, there is a separate DC 20 "Masterwork item" to craft as well.

There's nothing particularly special about the hammer, it's just the traditional weapon of a certain race that does not see a lot of use by other races: that's pretty much the definition of exotic.

Ok, sounds fair enough. :) they do a great job at making it seem epic.

Take Goliath Greathammer. And 19 to the weapon's crit threat range. Done.

17-20 is better than 19-20. And also, not as mysterious as hunting down some legendary Minotaur, beat its ass, take its hammer, and mass produce it :)

Hiro Protagonest
2012-06-12, 05:59 PM
17-20 is better than 19-20. And also, not as mysterious as hunting down some legendary Minotaur, beat its ass, take its hammer, and mass produce it :)

I thought it was 19-20. Or are you adding Keen?

killem2
2012-06-12, 06:02 PM
I thought it was 19-20. Or are you adding Keen?

the goliath appears to be natural 20 only :(

Hiro Protagonest
2012-06-12, 08:38 PM
the goliath appears to be natural 20 only :(

...I think you missed my point. Compare the two weapons.

killem2
2012-06-12, 08:51 PM
...I think you missed my point. Compare the two weapons.

One is 19-20, d12, x4, one is x4, d12.

Not sure if you are trying to say, oh just make the goliath greathammer 19-20 or what.

While my dm is awesome, and he's fair, we generally try not to rewrite the books. So if I want that 19-20 on a d12 x4 weapon, I have to get it from that minotaur