PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Dream build - Gestault Minotaur Ubercharger!

Rickshaw
2012-06-12, 05:50 PM
Greetings Playground!

Just like it says on the label. My friend is currently playing a ranger//barbarian, but once I mentioned an ubercharger, he got excited about playing one...as did the DM. And so now I have the opportunity to help a friend make a Werewolf-Minotaur (he already bought the miniature, so he also wants to go with the High Sword Low Axe feat line...so that's got to be worked in) into one of the biggest damage characters out there - gestalt ubercharger :smallbiggrin:. I personally have never made even a normal ubercharger, and though there are plenty of builds out there, I need help incorporating his character concepts into the standard.

so far, we're only level 6, but here's what I'm thinking for now -

Dungeon Crasher Fighter 6 // Lion Totem Barbarian (that's the one that gets pounce right? incidentally I'm not sure what book dungeon crasher is in, either :smalleek:)

feat wise, the normal set is shock trooper, Whirling Frenzy, Leap Attack, and Power Attack, etc right? I also think he should toss on some frenzied barbarian on to get some silly strength bonuses while raging, frenzy-ing, and in hybrid were-wolf form.

any thoughts or suggestions?

Amoren
2012-06-12, 06:14 PM
The whole premise of this suddenly reminded me of my flesh golem//barbarian frenzied berseker charger named Franken. Memories... xD

Anyway, the Whirling Frenzy ACF might also help. It throws in an additional attack into the mix which might increase your damage even further. Otherwise, I think there's a feat from Oriental Adventures that allows you to make a charge if you jump ten feet over someone and land on them, which might make charging easier depending on your jump check?

legomaster00156
2012-06-12, 06:16 PM
Quick question: how many sides of the gestalt does level adjustment take up in this campaign?

Rickshaw
2012-06-12, 06:40 PM
the DM has nerfed the bonuses of his race and template enough to make it only a +2 LA, so presumable that can be applied however would be most advantageous.

The Gilded Duke
2012-06-12, 06:48 PM
Eh, I usually prefer my chargers to have natural flight or be mounted. Many sources of natural flight give you the ability to make dive attacks, a double damage charge with a piercing weapon. Dragonborn, Raptoran, Dragonblood with Dragon wings etc.

You can combine that with a Valorous Weapon to get 3x damage on a charge. if you can fit in Abyss Bound Soul Baphomet, that gets you to 4x damage. Although it takes three feats and doesn't really work with good aligned characters.

If doing a mounted charger you can do spirited charge for 3x damage with a lance. Make it a valorous lance and get Abyss Bound Soul Baphomet for 5x damage. This multiplies all of your non variable damage, strength bonus, weapon bonus, leading the charge stance, and power attack included. I don't think there is a way to make a mounted charge attack as a dive, but I could be wrong.

Rickshaw
2012-06-12, 06:55 PM
the problem with a mount is that he is large (being a minotaur and all,) and that means a huge mount, and he already has plenty of trouble just being large (he had to sit out a boss fight when the party accidentally cornered him in a uh...bedchamber.)

Fouredged Sword
2012-06-12, 07:00 PM
Funny enough there is a item in the Arms and Equipment guide that makes a character small from any size without changing their stats. Ubercharge from the back of a riding dog inside, and bust out your dire elephant for open spaces (get a second collar for the elephant so it can follow you inside)

kardar233
2012-06-12, 10:20 PM
Werewolf isn't that great usually, but could be good here in Gestalt. I'm inclined to try a Hood build:

Dragonborn Half-Minotaur Natural Dire Werewolf Nezumi/Water Orc
Half-Minotaur LA +1/Werewolf Template Class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) 3/Dire Wolf Animal Class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) 1/Spirit Lion Totem (Complete Champion) Barbarian1/Blade Dancer1/Frenzied Berserker5/Dire Wolf Animal Class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) +5/Warblade3//Dungeoncrasher Thug Fighter6/War Hulk2/Warblade1/War Hulk +8/ Whatever 3.

Your objective here is to stack the Lycanthropy and War Hulk stat increases for massive Strength, fly or leap high into the air and Dungeoncrash people into the ground using the Knockback feat to allow you to smash people into the ground. You're getting Deathless Frenzy and Improved Power Attack out of the Frenzied Berserker levels. Add Battle Jump from Unapproachable East. The real beauty is that War Hulk allows you to hit everyone in your reach with an attack action and smash them all into the ground with Knockback; meaning that with Battle Jump you can just drop from above and hit everyone repeatedly into the ground as you come down. With Cleave and a Reach weapon you can clear a 25ft circle as you come down.

~EDIT~ I might also try a Weretouched Master build. Try something like this:

Half-Minotaur Shifter
Half-Minotaur LA +1/Barbarian3/Bard1/Weretouched Master 5/Swordsage10//Totemist20

If you choose your Shifter traits and Totem binds correctly you should be able to fully stack your Natural Attacks from Shifting and Totem binds with your Alternate Form ones. I'd actually take Tiger as your Weretouched animal and just refluff it as Wolf, 'cause the ability mods for Wolf are pretty pitiful.