PDA

View Full Version : Bard PrC

Elric VIII
2012-06-13, 12:46 AM
Does there exist a PrC that advances divine casting (specifically Druid) along with Bardic Music?

I already know about Fochlucan Lyrist, Green Whisperer, and the Chaos Music feat. I have checked Heartfire Fanner and it only works for Arcane classes.

Elric VIII
2012-06-14, 07:00 AM
So, I'm guessing that this doesn't exist?

Are there any PrCs for which the "adaptations" section matches this criteria?

ahenobarbi
2012-06-14, 07:42 AM
Did you check The Urge to Theurge - A Theurge Handbook WIP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12337260)? There are some suggested druid/bard builds.

prufock
2012-06-14, 09:54 AM
Does the Fochlucan Lyrist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a&page=2) do what you want?

eggs
2012-06-14, 10:44 AM
Are there any specific aspects of Bardic Music that you want to advance?
I hesitated to dig around for a response earlier because I wasn't sure whether you were looking to boost or gain a particular feature, just add uses/day, or what.

I haven't dug around at all, but just to illustrate the ways it can go:

Divine Prankster advances divine casting and Inspire Courage (when stacked on Bard levels), but not any other aspect of BM (other effects, uses/day of abilities other than Divine Prankster powers or IC).

Dwarven Chanter advances casting and daily Bardic music uses, but not any Bardic effects.

Talionis
2012-06-14, 11:04 AM
Its not RAW, but many DM's will allow Ruby Knight Vindicator to advance Inspire Courage if you have the Song of White Raven Feat.

The logic is that RKV also allows you to take White Raven Discipline Maneuvers and that it may have been an oversight not allowing the various Prestige Classes that advance White Raven not to also benefit from the Feat. It also fits thematically.

But FYI, Warblade, Crusader, and any Prestige classes that advance Inspire Courage, don't by RAW allow for more uses of Bardic Music.

Elric VIII
2012-06-14, 01:31 PM
Are there any specific aspects of Bardic Music that you want to advance?
I hesitated to dig around for a response earlier because I wasn't sure whether you were looking to boost or gain a particular feature, just add uses/day, or what.

I haven't dug around at all, but just to illustrate the ways it can go:

Divine Prankster advances divine casting and Inspire Courage (when stacked on Bard levels), but not any other aspect of BM (other effects, uses/day of abilities other than Divine Prankster powers or IC).

Dwarven Chanter advances casting and daily Bardic music uses, but not any Bardic effects.

The main thing I'm looking for is Inspire Courage and uses/day. I would like fascinate/suggestion as well, but that's not as important. I'm just trying to modify a build that I have for a Druid that essentially replaces Wildshape/AC with Bardic Music. I wanted to see if there is something better than Fochlucan Lyrist, since that requires 2 feats or 3 total lost CLs on my Druid side (for evasion). I'm not interested in Bard casting, so that's why I don't need the PrC to advance both.

I'll check out Divine Prankster. EDIT: Well, that's close, but the abilities don't really fit the character without major revamping (and I hate Gnomes). Thanks, though.

eggs
2012-06-14, 02:34 PM
Cool. Digging around, it's looking more sparse than I thought.

Stormsinger from Frostburn stacks uses, but not IC levels.
Initiate of Milil feat stacks Bard and Cleric levels for types of music (Heroics, Greatness, etc.), but not the specific bonus.

I was going to say Virtuoso, but the 3.5 version limited it to arcane spells. :/

FireGriver
2012-06-14, 04:05 PM
Maybe talk to your DM to allow the Prestige Bard (UA) to allow divine progression instead of arcane? If not, the list is sparse, as eggs says.

Elric VIII
2012-06-14, 04:08 PM
Cool. Digging around, it's looking more sparse than I thought.

Stormsinger from Frostburn stacks uses, but not IC levels.
Initiate of Milil feat stacks Bard and Cleric levels for types of music (Heroics, Greatness, etc.), but not the specific bonus.

I was going to say Virtuoso, but the 3.5 version limited it to arcane spells. :/

Hence my dilema. :smallbiggrin:

Maybe talk to your DM to allow the Prestige Bard (UA) to allow divine progression instead of arcane? If not, the list is sparse, as eggs says.

I could do that, but the 1/2 CL progression means the end result would be the same as if I dipped Rogue 2 and went for Fochlucan Lyrist. I'm hoping for at lest 9/10 casting.