PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Bootleggers and Bloodsuckers

Pages : [1] 2

Lycan 01
2012-06-13, 10:08 AM
There's a storm brewin' in the skies over New Orleans. Lightning flickers and flashes across the night sky, and thunder echoes through the rain-soaked streets of the Big Easy.

But in Cid's, nobody really notices. The patrons of the restaurant are happy to be out of the rain and have a nice meal.

The patrons of the speakeasy downstairs are even happier. Not only are they further away from the rain, but they've also got booze to go with their meals.

Dimly lit with electric lights, the secret saloon doesn't have as many customers tonight as they normally do, thanks to the storm. About a dozen patrons are milling about, some at the bar, others at tables. Clayton and Velma, the undead proprietors, don't really have much work to worry themselves with right now, so Clayton busies himself with keeping the counter-top of the bar clean, while Velma circles around to check on the various customers.

A new customer soon arrives. A woman by the name of Georgia, though her identity is unknown to Clayton and Velma, enters the speakeasy to sate her curiosity, and probably her thirst. Getting past the man at the door was easy. Who needs a password when you have a pretty face and vampiric charisma?

Unbeknownst to everyone in the room, another customer also enters, slinking in through the door directly behind Georgia. "Howard" had seen Miss Georgia walking down the street, and had recognized her vampiric nature. He had decided that following her would undoubtedly lead him to other Kindred, so he had deigned to give pursuit. He manages to do this completely unseen and unheard, his existence cloaked by his own vampiric abilities. In the time it took the guard to shut the door, he'd already squeezed through, and was now taking in the curious sights and culture-shock around him.

Naturally, while Howard escape's detection, Georgia's entrance does not go unnoticed. Clayton and Velma both instantly recognize the newly arrived woman as a Kindred, as the Beasts within them begin to stir at the sight of her. Likewise, Georgia feels her own Beast growing restless, and she realizes that the man working the counter and the waitress are both vampires.

Howard also recognizes Clayton and Velma's undead nature, but his own Beast is much more subdued in its rousing, as he's safe and sound in the comfort of his Obfuscation.

I'm not going to force anyone to check for Predator's Taint, unless anybody takes a hostile action right off the bat. For now, you all just feel a tension in the air as you try to gauge each others' intentions.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-13, 01:25 PM
There's another vampire, sitting down at a nearby table with a glass of wine, working on various papers. She immediately notices the vampiric newcomer, but simply sticks to what she's doing. She looks fairly well dressed for this place.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-13, 02:53 PM
Howard remains silent for now, observing each of the Kindred in turn. The last few nights had been hectic for the recently-awakened vampire; even now, it is difficult for him to accept that it's 1929.

I've got to hand it to these Kindred, he mused, this place makes for easy feeding.

Howard had also not been able to find the masked vampire; even if he had, though, he doubted that he would recognize her.

Trobby
2012-06-13, 05:46 PM
With the beast stirring inside her, and the last dry barfly served, Clayton throws his glass-polishing rag over the shoulder of his white button-down shirt. His dress code is a bit more lax than Evelyn, but he manages to retain a certain kind of roguish class that wouldn't pass for actual class in anywhere but a disreputable establishment like this one.

He runs his hand across the handle of the woodcutting axe beneath the bar - his way of dealing with 'troublesome riff-raff', as he made his way over to Evelyn's side.

"Ev, don't look now, but I think someone suspicious is entering our somewhat suspicious establishment."

Lix Lorn
2012-06-13, 07:08 PM
Georgia looks around with wide eyes, smoothing down her dress-which just barely lay on the reasonable side of fanciness versus practicality. This place is... amazing. So much blood, and... three? Four of the kindred? My, she hadn't seen this many in one place outside of Elysium...

She suddenly fears she may be somewhere she shouldn't be, and decides that the safest option is the most direct one. With her best polite smile, she heads towards the counter, where at least two of her kind stand.

Benson
2012-06-13, 07:34 PM
Dressed in a slinky red tiered dress adorned with a couple of small beads, black fishnet stockings, typical flapper garb, the "waitress" also known as Velma Hart casually flirted with a couple of men who she was waiting on. She was priming them out for possible candidates for feeding later this night, also, she didn't mind their attention. It was then Georgia walked into the establishment that she stopped what she was doing, telling the men at the table she'd be right back.

She walked over Clayton and Evelyn, the beast within her stirring just a little bit in reaction to a new Kindred. She leaned over on the table placing her fore arms and hands, resting them on said table.

"None of ya by chance know the broad do ya?" She quickly flashed a suspicious glance at Clayton, before glancing back at this new stranger.

Trobby
2012-06-13, 07:39 PM
"Never seen her before, Velma." Clayton says, looking over at her...and up and down her too, now that she's close enough to get a good look...and then focusing back on the stranger who he's supposed to be keeping his focus on.

"Suppose three of us could take the one of her?" He asks the ladies, in a slightly more lascivious way than entirely necessary given the situation.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-13, 07:45 PM
"I'm not much of a fighter, and my Thompson wouldn't do much unless I could get it right next to her head. I think it's best to assume she means no harm." Evelyn says. Being the party face, she goes up to meet the new Kindred, a dashing smile on her face.

She gives a polite bow before speaking.

"Hello Miss and welcome to our speakeasy. My name is Evelyn, and I take it you're here to have a little fun?" she asks, radiating an air of friendliness.

Lix Lorn
2012-06-13, 08:03 PM
"Fun is certainly something I like to have." she smiles widely. Her voice is refined, rather high class and a little out of touch-as well as bearing a strong british accent.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-13, 08:17 PM
"Fun is certainly something I like to have." she smiles widely. Her voice is refined, rather high class and a little out of touch-as well as bearing a strong british accent.

"Ah, from Great Britain I see. What brings you to our little Speakeasy miss...?" Evelyn asks. Evelyn's own voice is similar to Georgia's refined and high class one, but she's more in touch, and bears a heavy *Insert Simone's accent here. Will edit later*

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-13, 08:51 PM
Still invisible to the minds' eyes of the others, Howard sidles up to the bar and listens to the conversations, smirking slightly as introductions are made. Another one new to the city, he thinks as he re-evaluates Georgia in his mind.

Benson
2012-06-13, 08:58 PM
She scoffed spying Clayton looking her over, but instead of doing anything about it, she simply acted haughty about it.

Velma stayed back at the table and just looked at the new vampire lady with suspicion, she had no reason to not be careful. "Ya know...I don't think I'm ready to just trust 'em just yet, like our Miss Evelyn seems ta' be." She whispered to Clayton. It didn't help that Evelyn was the only other vampire (aside from the deceased Sid) they've encountered in a long way, there was reason to be suspicion.

Lix Lorn
2012-06-13, 09:13 PM
"Why, I've been travelling, and this city is so different." she smiles, disarmingly.

Trobby
2012-06-13, 09:15 PM
"Don't see a reason not to, Vel." Clayton whispers back. "She ain't caused no harm yet...and she's quite a looker to boot." He chuckles shamelessly. "Maybe if she sings, she could join you up on stage."

Benson
2012-06-13, 09:20 PM
"Don't see a reason not to, Vel." Clayton whispers back. "She ain't caused no harm yet...and she's quite a looker to boot." He chuckles shamelessly. "Maybe if she sings, she could join you up on stage."

Velma seemed to flare a little with jealousy and held her head high. Also, she didn't quite like the idea of sharing a stage with another girl, especially a pretty one. "I'd rather not have to share the stage thank ya very much.'

Trobby
2012-06-13, 10:00 PM
"Oh come on now Val, just imagine. A beautiful doll like that up on stage, everyone would love that. Oh, and you of course."

Oh such a cad...

Benson
2012-06-13, 11:19 PM
She fumed and stomped her heel into his shoe, not that it would really do anything. It was more the meaning of the action than the damage. She then harrumphed with her nose held high and pivoted away. Like she was going to share a stage, plus, she didn't think that woman was any prettier than her. Hm-mph.

She instead then went back to chat up with those men at the table.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-14, 01:00 AM
"Why, I've been travelling, and this city is so different." she smiles, disarmingly.

"Different good, or different bad?" Evelyn asked. She realized this city wasn't the best, but she was fond of it, and would be rather disappointed if Georgia didn't like the city.

Trobby
2012-06-14, 09:54 AM
Clayton lifted up and held on the foot that Velma had stomped down on, making a show of being in pain. He wasn't actually in pain, but certain things were expected from the mortals in this bar. And if he didn't do these things, Velma would be disappointed, which he couldn't stand for.

Speaking of gals with great gams, Clayton likewise shirked his duties to sidle on over to a few of the young dames who were looking a mite inebriated, quite probably for the same reason Velma was chatting up the menfolk.

Lix Lorn
2012-06-14, 11:53 AM
"Different good, or different bad?" Evelyn asked. She realized this city wasn't the best, but she was fond of it, and would be rather disappointed if Georgia didn't like the city.
"Why, simply different. Everything is so... free."
She seems entirely earnest!

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-14, 12:46 PM
Howard scrounges for a newspaper and begins idly reading it as he observes the others. To anyone else, a spare newspaper has merely gone missing, but to Howard, it is still plainly visible. He glowers a bit at the sight of the date at the top, but continues reading.

Lycan 01
2012-06-14, 02:21 PM
While Clayton and Velma go back to business, Evelyn and Georgia converse, and Howard reads an invisible newspaper, three new patrons enter the bar.

The man in the center is a sharply dressed African American. Bald and clean shaven, he is wearing a black suit, white undershirt, and red tie. Both men behind him are wearing white long-sleeve button-up shirts and khaki slacks, though the man on the left has suspenders on. The man on the left has long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, a sharp chin and angular facial structure, and a black eyepatch over his right eye. The man on the right is bald with a shaggy red beard, weathered features, and a distant, vacant stare.

The black-clad man has a rather stern and serious expression, while the blonde man looks disgruntled, as if he would rather be somewhere else. The bearded man's expression is blank - he looks like he's in another world. As they step into the speakeasy, they stop in the middle of the establishment and begin to look around. The bearded man hoarsely mutters something to the other two men.

Because of their heightened senses, the three Kindred bar owners and the two newly arrived vampires are able to overhear what the man says, though any mortals nearby wouldn't catch it. "There's a newspaper floating near the bar. Looks like we've got a five..."

The black man nods solemnly, and he begins to stride towards Clayton. His posture is authoritative, but not threatening. Yet.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-14, 02:29 PM
Howard sees the men come in and turns slowly. Hearing their words, he sets the newspaper down on the bar with care, and then moves over to the other side of the room. They knew now that there was an Obfuscated vampire in their midst, but he hadn't been directly noticed. Yet. Expecting trouble, he keeps one hand on the crowbar inside his jacket.

Trobby
2012-06-14, 02:38 PM
Clayton grins directly at the man as he approaches. His grin appears amicable only from a casual glance. Any man who got a good look at it would know right away that it was the same sort of grin you got from a prize fighter right before he punched out the lights of the next contender.

It was the calm before the storm. It would surely take all of Clayton's tact to defuse this situation.

"Well hey there, Sambo. What's a well-dressed darkie like you doin' in a disreputable establishment like this?"

...Forgive him, folks. He's from a less-enlightened time. And you don't get much more unenlightened than Clayton. Well, so much for tact.

Benson
2012-06-14, 03:16 PM
Velma sat up, sitting in one of the lap's of the men she was talking to and felt herself alerted to the presence of new folk down here in the speak easy. Well they were new...too, it wasn't everyday ya get four new folk within half an hour down here in the secret read exclusive speakeasy. Something was up.

She excused herself from her possible meal tonight and walked over to them when Clayton tactfully spoke to them. She furrowed her brows and mentally groaned.

"Nice, real nice there," She shook her head glancing at Clayton and then at the three men who appeared at the entrance. She put on a charming smile and made a gesture toward the bar.

"Please excuse my......co worker, but welcome to our establishment, please...let me know what you need," She lightly ran her finger down the center standing man's tie.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-14, 05:44 PM
Evelyn goes up to the newcomers.

"Ignore him, Clayton has about as much class as a four year old throwing a tantrum. What are you gentlemen here for?" she asks, giving them a dashing smile.

(Trying to diplomacize them into not pulling out .44s and shooting the place up.)

Lix Lorn
2012-06-14, 07:05 PM
Georgia will only take a step back, trying to seem unobtrusive.

Lycan 01
2012-06-14, 07:25 PM
The black man scowls at Clayton. The blonde man rolls his eye, clearly frustrated by this turn of events. The bearded man continues to stare into a non-existent distance.

When Evelyn and Velma interrupt and try to smooth things over, the man in the suit's expression softens slightly. He now looks like he's just mildly annoyed, rather than pissed off. "Business. I'm here for business," the man states, his voice a deep, stern growl. He keeps it low enough, though, so that only the Kindred can hear him. "I need you to shut this place down for the night, and come with us. I would prefer we do this peacefully."

"We got a few other options..." the blonde man observes offhandedly. His accent is either Australian or British, from the sound of it.

"Yes, other options," the black man shoots a glare back at his eye-patched associate. "Llike I said, I'd prefer we keep this peaceful and professional. But one way or another, you're coming with us." He then adds: "Prince's orders."

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." the bearded man sing-songs under his breath, idly letting his gaze drift around the bar.

Benson
2012-06-14, 07:35 PM
"Prince? Ya mean there's a royalty visitin' this city? From what country may I ask?" Velma asked utterly confused, why would some foreign dignitary care about this little hole in the ground, let alone the lot in here.

Trobby
2012-06-14, 07:38 PM
"Come now, surely you'd rather stay awhile in our own humble little hole right here and talk things over? No need to interrupt our illegitimate business, surely whatever your nation wants we can provide."

One of Clayton's hands rests upon the bartop, very close to the axe he keeps underneath it.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-14, 07:43 PM
Howard sighs. He's not going to drop his invisibility with the mundanes in the bar. Still, when the words "Princes' orders" are spoken, he knows it's serious business; Howard takes his hand off the crowbar and hopes to himself that the others get the hint.

Lix Lorn
2012-06-14, 08:17 PM
The Prince!?
Well that saves time.
"Oh!"
Georgia steps forward, and executes a curtsey.
"I was just hoping to ask where I could find the prince." she smiles disarmingly.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-14, 08:36 PM
Evelyn knew what they meant by "Prince" since her sire had given her some degree of information about vampire society.

"Clayton, Velma, I really hate to say this, but it'd be best to listen to these men. They or I will explain once things are less likely to be....easily overheard." She said, shooting them a look that indicated that they did not want to mess with these men.

Trobby
2012-06-14, 08:59 PM
Clayton gives Evelyn a look of concern...but reluctantly nods to her. "If you say so, Ev."

Lycan 01
2012-06-15, 09:50 AM
The suited man shakes his head at Clayton and Velma's ignorance. "So much to learn, I see..." He then gestures at the patrons. "Well, get to it. We can talk more once the kine are gone..."

Trobby
2012-06-15, 10:28 AM
With an upturned lip threatening a snarl, Clayton grabs a hold of his drying rag and throws it into an empty ice bucket, making a light rattling noise as it lands.

A few of the patrons look up, and recognizing the signal, begin to file out of the speakeasy. Once they start, the rest of the patrons start to recognize the situation, and also begin to file out - some in more of a hurry than others.

When running a disreputable establishment, it pays to have a simple, easy-to-understand signal that everyone should clear out, without explicitly telling them. And throwing in the towel was a simple enough signal to understand.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-15, 03:36 PM
Once everyone's gone, Howard takes only a moment to let his mental invisibility fade. "You'll understand my not appearing earlier," he says to the bearded fellow, the undertone of a growl in his voice.

The vampire stands just under six feet tall; he looks strong, but more on the wiry side, with intense, deep-set dark eyes and tousled black hair. He is dressed in worn leather shoes, brown trousers, and a dark blue work jacket with "Howard" stitched over the left breast, worn over a black shirt.

He looks to the other proprietors of the speakeasy. "By the way, name's Howard," he says, smirking. "Didn't feel like introducing myself earlier."

Trobby
2012-06-15, 07:44 PM
"...When the hell did you get here?" Clayton asks. He's pretty sure he would've recognized someone like that hanging about.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-15, 07:46 PM
"Pretty recently," Howard replies. "I'm new to town."

Benson
2012-06-15, 10:50 PM
Velma frowned, this was turning out to be a surreal night and it bothered how a few in here were acting so calm about it. Also, damnit, those jerk offs that just appeared made Clayton have to get rid of her dinner tonight, how inconsiderate. She glowered and fumed for a moment.

She stared at the three men and dropped her polite behavior. "Well ya jerks, the patrons are gone, explain yerselves? You vampires? Whadda ya want with us?"

Mystic Muse
2012-06-15, 11:26 PM
"Gentlemen, I must apologize for the ignorance of my two Colleagues." she says, making clear she's referring to Velma and Clayton. "They are rather ignorant of Vampire society as a whole, and are not even aware of who the Prince is, or what a Prince is." she explains. "I shall let you sum up as I'm sure you know far more about it than I, as I only have a rudimentary understanding myself." she says, trying to keep a diplomatic air about her the entire time.

Lycan 01
2012-06-16, 07:28 AM
Once the patrons are gone, the suited man speaks up. His voice is stern and authoritative, and his expression serious. "Before we begin, introductions are in order. You can call me Mister Wolf. I bear the title of Sheriff in the Princes' court, and all the power and responsibilities that come with it." He gestures to the blonde man, and then the bearded man. "Vince and Hiram."

The blonde man gives a halfhearted wave. The bearded man continues to stare into space blankly, though a wistful smile did cross his face when Howard materialized.

"Now, lets get a few things straight, so we are all on the same page..." Mr. Wolf states factually. "You haven't made your presence known to the Prince. You're not only moving around and hunting within the confines of his city, but you've set up a bar and placed yourselves in plain view of human society. That is not good, in case you didn't realize it," he frowns. "But you don't even know who the Prince is, so that should help your defense. But you..." he turns to Georgia and Evelyn, "You both know who the Prince is, and what he does. And yet, you've never gone to see him, or at the very least made your presence known to the rest of us Kindred. The Prince wants to know why."

Mr. Wolf then looks over to Howard. "And what about you? Are you blissfully unaware, too, or do you know what's on the up-and-up?"

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-16, 03:05 PM
Howard lets a smirk slip past his hostile countenance. "I know what's what, but I just got up from a dirt nap, and I haven't even finished shaking out all the dust yet." He pantomimes brushing out his clothes as he speaks, and then extends a hand as he says, "Good to meet ya, Wolf. If you'll take us to see the Prince, I'd be happy to make his acquaintance as well."

Lix Lorn
2012-06-16, 04:24 PM
"I only came to the city today." explains Georgia. "I was hoping I could ask someone who seemed local where I could find the Prince, but possibly this wouldn't have been the place to ask regardless." she laughs a little, trying to make it seem like an amusing mistake. Of course, this is all true, so it honestly is, from her perspective.

Benson
2012-06-17, 12:46 PM
"I'm damn confused here," Velma simply muttered shaking her head, placing her hand on the side of her head.

Lycan 01
2012-06-17, 12:52 PM
Mr. Wolf doesn't accept Howard's handshake. "Right. Just woke up from Torpor. How convenient." He gives a slight tilt of his head. "Though, its up to the Prince to decide whether your story check out or not." His gaze shifts to Georgia, and then the rest of the Kindred. "That goes for all of you."

Mr. Wolf then turns and begins to calmly stride back towards the entrance. "Well, come along. The Prince doesn't like to keep things waiting. If we hurry, we might get there in time for Mass."

"He'll be in a better mood if you attend Mass..." the blonde man winks to the rest of the Kindred.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-17, 01:02 PM
Howard frowns as Mr. Wolf ignores the offered hand; the dark-skinned Kindred's mannerisms felt strangely reminiscent to the Nosferatu, and the faintest trickle of a memory brought to him a previous meeting with a Sheriff...

He shakes himself out of his recollection, and merely nods in reply, falling into step behind the head vampire's enforcers.

"Trust me," he says, giving a quick turn of his head to look back at Velma, "you'll want to come along." A brief expression of anxiety on his face flashes through his normal intense expression, and for a moment, Howard sincerely hopes for their sake that the neonates will join him.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-17, 01:43 PM
Evelyn follows. She finds the idea of attending mass pointless though. She already went Last Sunday!

Yes, I'm aware they mean something entirely different.:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2012-06-17, 02:59 PM
Georgia will follow closely.

Trobby
2012-06-17, 05:39 PM
Clayton shifts a little uneasily, not all that comfortable with the idea of going to church. His last experience in the house of the lord involved a shotgun...

But seeing Evelyn accept this invitation set him at ease...slightly. So he slid himself over the bar and hopped in line next to her.

"So this..'prince' fella...what should we know about him, Ev?"

Mystic Muse
2012-06-17, 05:52 PM
"So this..'prince' fella...what should we know about him, Ev?"

"I don't know much about this one. I just know what the position means, and it means be as nice as you possibly can unless you want horrible things to happen to you." Evelyn says, deciding to not go into detail on the kind of things an angry prince might do to Clayton.

Benson
2012-06-17, 07:18 PM
"Why though? Why do we gotta do this? We've been doing just fine before comin' to knowledge about this so called 'Prince', ain't this country supposed 'ta be a democracy anyway." She crossed her arms not liking this change of events, they, to her, have been doing plenty of fine. Keeping low of their vampiric nature, keeping to their little diner for feeding. Never doin' anything so outrageous that announced to the world "Hey I'm a vampire!"

Lycan 01
2012-06-19, 09:43 PM
The five Kindred are escorted out of the bar - after being allowed to lock up behind them, of course - and out into the rain-drenched night. A pair of cars are waiting for them, parked along the street curb. "You two," Mr. Wolf points at Clayton and Velma, "Go with them," he points at the blonde man and the creepy bearded guy. They both get in the backseat with Mr. Eyepatch between them, bearded Kindred in the passenger seat, and a nondescript chauffeur. "You three, with me," he gestures to Georgia, Evelyn, and Howard. The trio take the backseat, while Mr. Wolf takes the passenger seat.

One the way there, Mr. Wolf keeps an eye on the trio, clearly on the lookout for any tricks. "You probably know what to expect. I don't have to tell you to be on your best behavior..." he growls.

In the other car, Clayton and Velma's traveling companions are even less talkative. To them, at least. "Angels..." the bearded man whispers, staring out the window at people on the sidewalk. "I saw an angel..."

After awhile, the Kindred notice that the cars have left the city proper. After about half an hour, they notice that there aren't even many buildings around anymore. They're well into the suburbs, and many of the houses they catch glimpses of are large and majestic structures, several of which are obviously Antebellum. Eventually, the cars stop and pull up in front of a gated driveway. The watchmen open the gate after a moment, and the cars drive up the length of the winding driveway, before pulling up in front of a rather large, almost imposing Plantation home. The massive structure is three stories tall, with massive pillars and dozens of window. There are also a few smaller structures scattered around it - garages, storage sheds, and other such things, more than likely.

The five Kindred are ushered out of the cars, and led up to the front doors, where someone is waiting. "Ah, Mr. Wolf," an elderly gentleman in butler attire grins at their escort. "You're expected, and slightly ahead of the Master's estimates."

"Things went easier than expected..." Mr. Wolf shrugs.

"Well, they're just about to finish up with Mass," the butler observes. "The Master said you and any who accompany you are welcome to enter, without the fear of interrupting."

"Good," Mr. Wolf nods, before turning to the five Kindred he's been tasked to escort. "Don't do anything stupid..." he warns them with a frown. "You won't get a second chance. Well, lets go," he nods to the front door. The butler opens it, and Mr. Wolf steps through.

Once through the front door, the Kindred find themselves in a massive foyer, three stories tall and decadently decorated. Two massive staircases start on either side of the room curve up to meet in the middle on the second floor landing, which wraps around the room. The stairs to the third floor must be elsewhere, as there's no visible way to access the third floor landing, which also wraps around the room. Paintings, pottery, and other decor fill the room, and the walls and railings are covered in intricate carvings and moldings. The ceiling is arched, and several glass chandeliers hang down from it.

Several doors are set along the walls on either side of the room, but there is only a single portal on the opposite wall - a set of large, black double-doors, located beneath the apex of the stairs. Mr. Wolf strides towards it, heedless of whether or not the five Kindred are behind him. (Beardie and blondie see to that...) Once he gets to the doors, he pauses for a moment, and gestures his right hand across his chest several times, crossing himself. He then opens the doors, and leads the Kindred inside.

The vampires find themselves in a large room, probably a dinning hall of some sort. But rather than a table in the middle of the room, there's a podium. An aged man in religious garb (Catholic, for those paying attention) is standing behind it, his hands clasped in prayer before him. All around the room, chairs have been set up, though only about half of them are filled. There are two dozen people in the room, dressed in everything from business suits to 19th century Victorian ballgowns. Seated at the far wall, behind the elderly cleric, is a man who can easily be assumed to be the Prince.

The Prince appears to be Hispanic, with tanned skin, broad shoulders and sharp, Mediterranean features. He has long black hair, which has been slicked back and almost appears to be wet. He wears his facial hair in a Van Dyke goatee, and his eyes are almost equally as black as his hair. He is dressed in a black suit that is likely very expensive, judging from the number of gold buttons and fine embroidering it sports.

To the left of the Prince is a rather tall fellow, who also has olive skin and European features. He has short brown hair, slightly more aged features, and blue eyes that almost appear to be lost in thought. His black suit matches the Prince's, though it is of slightly lesser quality.

Both men have their hands clasped in front of their chests, just as everyone else in the room is doing. The old man at the podium is in the middle of talking, or rather, praying. Though what he is saying is anyone's guess - he's speaking Latin. After a few more lines of Latin, the aged priest concludes in English: "And in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, AMEN."

"AMEN," everyone in the room (which may or may not include the five newly arrived vampires) echoes.

Whispers and murmurs immediately fill the room, and the five newly arrived Kindred immediately feel the eyes of many upon them. And across the room, the Prince turns his gaze towards them, raises his right hand, and makes a small, subtle gesture: 'approach.'

"My advice, mates?" the eyepatched man whispers, "Bow, grovel, and kiss ass like yer life depends on it. 'Cause it does."

"Good luck," Mr. Wolf flatly states, before stepping aside to let them cross the room.

As the Kindred cross the room and pass by the podium, the elderly cleric flashes a toothy smile at them. "Ah, Neonates. God bless you, and may your Requim bring Glory to His Name," he cheerfully tells them, before shuffling off to speak with some of the seated Kindred.

As the quintet of vampires approaches the Prince, the blue-eyed man steps forward, only for the Prince to idly wave his hand, gesturing for him to step aside. Once the five Kindred are directly before him, the Prince smiles politely at them. "Good evening. I am Augusto Vidal, Prince of New Orleans," he states authoritatively, with a thick Spanish accent. "Would you be so kind as to introduce... and explain... yourselves? My sources said there would be three of you. I'm curious to know why my sources are wrong..."

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-19, 10:29 PM
"Quite right," Howard mutters darkly as he gets into the car. The vampire means Wolf no malice, but the Sheriff's own demeanor was none-too-pleasant for the easily-rankled Nosferatu. He then sits quietly in the car as the drive is made.

---

Howard does not speak unless spoken to initially; he remains silent during what little of the Mass remains, and crosses himself each time it is called for. When the prayer is finished, and he crosses the room with the others, Howard moves slowly, trying to offset any overt aggressiveness in his appearance with careful, deliberate movements. He nods respectfully in the direction of the priestly fellow who "blessed" the group, but continues to remain silent until the Prince calls for introductions.

The man then bows as respectfully as he can to the Hispanic Prince, and moves the air through his dead lungs to speak. "My apologies, my Prince; I have been in torpor for fifty long years, and upon my awakening, found myself in unfamiliar territory."

Lix Lorn
2012-06-20, 04:31 PM
Georgia, at the Prince's words, moves into the best, deepest curtsey she can muster.
"Forgive me, great Prince, I only entered the city today, and happened upon their inn while searching for someone who could tell me where to find you."

Benson
2012-06-21, 01:48 AM
Velma was annoyed throughout the ride, she did not appreciate being corralled like that for no reason she should care for as far she knew. Also, 'mass' was a boring pile of festering snores, who knew what the hell they were saying. She made up her own translations in her head, most of them on the negative side. She couldn't help it, she was just upset that they ruined her night. She wanted to have some fun, having had slept all day.
------------

Velma kept a sour expression on her face as the group was forcibly escorted to meet this so called prince.
------------

"Explain ourselves? Maybe you should explain who ya are," She said furrowing her brows and pouting angrily.

Trobby
2012-06-21, 12:48 PM
"Er...yeah, what the hotheaded broad said. What's the big idea takin' us out here at our peak hours, huh? Are you trying to get a piece of our action?" Clayton is attempting to sound boisterous, but really he has no clue what he should say. He's not going to let Velma outshine him in the realm of confidence though. It'd be a cold day in Hell indeed before he'd let that happen.

Lix Lorn
2012-06-21, 02:29 PM
"..."
Georgia attempts to shift herself further away from those two.

Mystic Muse
2012-06-22, 01:51 AM
"Please....excuse their behavior dear prince." Evelyn says. "I must admit, their sires....and my own were not very...good about integrating us into vampire society." she says, trying to placate him.

Lycan 01
2012-06-23, 07:57 PM
The Prince surveys the five vampires, and listens to their responses. "Do you have anything to back up your claims?" he nods to Howard and Georgia. "Witnesses, documents, or other verification? And from whence have you supposedly arrived from, ma'am?" he nods to Georgia.

At Clayton and Velma's insolence, the Prince merely stares for a moment. And then he smirks. "Ah. The carefree ignorance of youth," he muses, shaking his head. His expression returns to a neutral appearance, and he states: "My name is Augusto Vidal. I am the Prince of New Orleans. I am the leader of the Damned in this city and the surrounding areas; I ensure that political feuds and rivalries do not boil over into war, I ensure that the Masquerade is protected and risks to it are removed, I ensure that everyone is happy and plays nice, or else I crucify them in the bayou and leave them to either the sun or the alligators," he factually states.

"Last time it was the alligators..." the cold-eyed bodyguard casually adds.

"I got this position not through bloodline or royal succession, as you probably suspect, but through blood. My own, and that of my rivals and enemies," he observes, his voice chillingly calm considering what he's talking about. "If I want a 'piece of your action,' as you put it, I would not have invited you here for friendly introductions and polite conversation. Trust me, you would know if we were negotiating..." he smirks.

He then turns to Evelyn, and smiles kindly. "Ah, sticking up for your friends? Refreshing. And pray tell, who were your sires? I'd greatly like to know who's been Siring without my knowledge, and what their reasons for it were..."

Lix Lorn
2012-06-23, 08:11 PM
Georgia, still smiling, will wait for a chance to speak and answer.
"I just came in from the Carribbean, lord prince." she explains. "I should hope I did not attract too much attention, although it is quite possible some other kindred saw me enter without my seeing them. I do not know if you speak with the princes between there and here, but perhaps some of them could vouch for me if you do? I did speak to all those I stayed in the land thereof, I am sure."

Trobby
2012-06-23, 09:39 PM
"...Hey, Vel, do you remember Cid's last name?" Clayton asides to Velma. "All he ever called himself was Cid, and all I ever called him was Boss."

Benson
2012-06-23, 10:12 PM
"...Hey, Vel, do you remember Cid's last name?" Clayton asides to Velma. "All he ever called himself was Cid, and all I ever called him was Boss."

"Actually...I dunno...I always just called him Old Sid," Velma answered scratching her chin. Totally not a possible future plot hook. :smallwink::smalltongue: "Odd.....ya think'd I know."

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-25, 02:06 PM
Howard shakes his head slowly in response to the Prince's words. "To tell the truth, I'm not even from around here; as such, I suspect someone acted against me as I slept." He considers showing the Prince the journal he'd been given, but he knew that it would not make for compelling evidence.

Trobby
2012-06-25, 02:09 PM
"That IS weird." Clayton says in response to Val, looking back at the Prince with a shrug. "I guess we don't rightly know, fella. Not that he'll be boterin' you with any more of us if that's your concern."

Mystic Muse
2012-06-25, 06:24 PM
"I do not recall ever being told my sire's name." Evelyn says truthfully.

Lycan 01
2012-06-25, 07:52 PM
"I'll check into that, but I doubt you'd lie about such a claim," Prince Vidal says to Georgia with a smile. "So I will believe you for the time being."

He then arches an eyebrow at Howard. "And where are you originally from, then?"

To Evelyn, he also raises an eyebrow. "Your sire never told you his name? That is not unheard of, but do you know why? Did he not train you and teach you in the ways of the Damned and our society?" he asks, his words heavily accented.

He then turns his gaze back towards Velma and Clayton. He then smiles wistfully, and his eyes take on an almost sad look to them. "Ah yes. Sid. He never was one for our politics and policies. Always tried to keep a low profile, though he maintained a few contacts with his Clan. His untimely demise was such a shame..." he sighs. "Even more-so now, it seems, since he apparently sired two Children before his Final Death." There is a slight hint of annoyance in his voice that time. "But at least that helps to explain a lot of things. How you got a bar, why you've kept a low profile, why you don't know how to properly address authority..." he smirks. He seems to be poking a bit of fun at them. Which is better than being fed to the gators in the sun, all things considered...

Trobby
2012-06-25, 08:08 PM
"Ah' do apologize for mah' crass manners, Sir Prince." Clayton goes by way of explaining. "Ah' was hardly taught any in my lifetime, an' death...why she seems to have made me no better than before."

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-25, 10:50 PM
Howard answers the Prince readily this time. "If memory serves, I lived in Hartford. However, as dangerous as travel can be for Kindred, I ask that you allow me to take up residence here."

Benson
2012-06-27, 05:42 PM
"Yea, well," Velma shrugged. "Anyways, so what do ya want with us? I doubt it was just 'ta get all familiar with everyone."

Mystic Muse
2012-06-27, 07:58 PM
"Well, he told me some, but he didn't tell me I had to meet you, so he was apparently rather lax. He taught me the basics, but not about the finer points, or why he didn't tell me his name." Evelyn responded.

Lycan 01
2012-06-29, 11:26 PM
The Prince looks a bit bemused by Clayton. He then looks to Howard, and gives a small nod. "Your request for Haven is heard, and approved. You may reside and feed within New Orleans and the surrounding areas, as long as you follow the laws of the Damned and adhere to the Masquerade."

At Velma's inquiry, the Prince smirks. "No, there's really not much else to this. I just wanted to know who these strangers on my doorstep where, and whether they would prove to be problematic." He then dismissively waves his hand, and adds: "Though, there is a favor you could do for me, but we'll get to that later if you care to hear it."

The Prince then smiles at Evelyn. "And this is why we don't let just anyone Sire a Childe," he quips. "We end up with Damned like yourself running around with very little knowledge of this dark new world they find themselves thrust into."

"Alright, next order of business," the Prince states, clapping his hands together. "Clans and Covenants. I trust you all at least know which Clan you are a part of... If any of you are a part of a Covenant, I'd like to know that as well, if you please," he croons with a pleasant smile.

TheCountAlucard
2012-06-29, 11:35 PM
Howard gives a respectful bow to the Prince; he had been briefly afraid that the Prince would not grant him the right to a Domain within this city. Grateful, he stands straight again and listens as the Prince addresses the others, and when asked about his clan, he answers honestly.

"I am of Clan Nosferatu, though my sire belonged to no special bloodline. I presently have no covenant affiliations."

Trobby
2012-06-30, 09:04 AM
Clayton scratches his head, trying to recall what it was Cid had told him from time to time.

"Ah...ol' Cid told me that Vel an' I were 'of the glorious Clan of the Daeva'...though I always kinda thought he was bein' metaphorical. But ah' think that would be your answer"

Lix Lorn
2012-06-30, 03:56 PM
"My Prince, I believe my bloodline is that of the Mekhet." Georgia says, trying to remember. "As for covenant... I must say I'm a little out of touch, but I believe they were called the Ordo Dracul."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-02, 03:37 PM
"My master said I was a Ventrue, told me nothing about what bloodline I may be, and I do not belong to any particular covenant." Evelyn says.

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 04:33 PM
The Prince nods along as he listens to the Kindred.

"Yes, Daeva is indeed a clan," he nods to Clayton and Velma. "Quite populous here in New Orleans, second to the Ventrue in number."

"What bloodline you may be?" Prince Vidal raises an eyebrow at Evelyn. "Why would you suspect you are of a bloodline, and not a pure Venture?"

The Prince listens to Georgia. However, the moment she mentions Ordo Dracul, the Prince's expression turns somewhat grave. Some of the vampires scattered around the room begin to whisper and stare. "Ah. Yes. Ordo Dracul. I think you are indeed out of touch. There is no Ordo Dracul presence in New Orleans," he states flatly. "You said you are out of touch? I think it would be best if you stayed that way." His tone sounds more wary than threatening, like he's trying to give her a warning.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-02, 04:37 PM
Now, most who met Georgia could tell she was oddly optimistic to the point of naivete. The problem was when they assumed she was stupid.

She can take a hint.
"Thank you, my Prince. I intend to keep it that way. Some of their beliefs are simply insulting to all of the kindred."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-02, 04:41 PM
"What bloodline you may be?" Prince Vidal raises an eyebrow at Evelyn. "Why would you suspect you are of a bloodline, and not a pure Venture?"

"Oh, I did not mean to imply I thought I was of a bloodline. Only that if I am, I'm not aware of it. I apologize for the confusion. Was simply trying to provide you with any information I thought you might find relevant." Evelyn says.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-02, 05:16 PM
Since Howard was not addressed, he simply ponders the words spoken by the others. Briefly he wondered if Georgia would be able to tutor him in Auspex, and what she might ask in return...

Trobby
2012-07-02, 06:34 PM
"Dracula? You mean the book? Ah've heard of it...didn't know there was an actual fellow by the name."

Benson
2012-07-02, 07:29 PM
"Daeva? Ventrue? Words really that go over my head. What is the Daeva clan anyway?" Velma asked.

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 07:47 PM
Prince Vidal smirks at Georgia. "Smart girl."

He waves a hand dismissively at Evelyn. "A simple miscommunication. Think nothing of it."

At Clayton's mentioning of Dracula, Prince Vidal rolls his eyes. "Bah," he scoffs. "Count Dracula is a myth. Vlad the Impaler was never a member of the Damned, and while there are several Ventrue of notable power in Transylvania, none of them are Counts by the name of Dracula. The name Dracula was unheard of before that damn Stoker wrote that trashy book..." He then pauses for a moment, contemplating something. "Though that movie Nosferatu... That was a bit more grounded in reality," he shrugs.

Velma's ignorance brings a smile to the Prince's face. "Daeva are a rather socially-inclined clan of vampires. They tend to be charismatic, extroverted, artistic... sometimes a bit hedonistic..." he muses. "I can introduce you to the leaders of your respective clans. Some of them are here tonight, actually," he says to the five Kindred, gesturing behind them to the rest of the vampires in the room.

Trobby
2012-07-02, 07:52 PM
Clayton, for one, turns around and tries to scope out exactly which of these vampires would be his kind of guy/gal.

He might get it entirely wrong. It will be entertaining to watch.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-02, 07:55 PM
Howard turns to look as the Prince gestures. "I appreciate the offer," he says gruffly. Truth of the matter was, while getting in touch with others of his kind would indeed be helpful, he still wasn't sure what he was going to do. Briefly he considers asking about the masked woman; he almost dismisses the idea out of hand, but then turns back to face the Prince.

"By the way, I meant to ask - another Kindred appeared to me when I came out of torpor... she wore a garish masque on her face, and while I didn't recognize her, it occurs to me that she might have a clue as to my true memories. Do you know of such a woman?"

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 08:02 PM
The cast of characters, so to speak, is extremely varied. There are several men in business suits, a few women in classy dresses, at least two fellows in tailed tuxedo suits popular about 50 years ago, and one woman in an elegant Victorian-Era dress.

There are also a few other, more noteworthy Kindred scattered around. A middle-aged Native American with beads and feathers in his braided hair, which clashes oddly with his expensive business suit. A pair of identical twin Flapper girls with short black hair, short black dresses, and eyes on Clayton. A rather obese elderly black woman in a flower-pattern dress, who's eyes are almost disturbingly invisible amongst the wrinkles and skin-folds of her face. A hunched, bald man in a grey suit, who's eyes don't seem to blink.

And of course, Mr. Wolf and his two buddies.

At Howard's inquiry, the Prince raises an eyebrow. "Masquerade mask? Spoke in a cryptic manner?" After a short pause, he shrugs. "It rings no bells."

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-02, 08:24 PM
Howard simply nods in reply, unsure of what to say, before once more turning to look at those assembled. He wonders briefly if the Nosferatu Primogen is present, and if so, which one of those here might be the Haunt in question.

Trobby
2012-07-02, 08:32 PM
Clayton stops looking for the leader of the Daeva the moment he sees the two girls making eyes at him.

There are certain things that can wait until later. This is one of them, but Clayton isn't known for his prudence.

Without skipping a beat, he steps into a well-practiced Valention-esque walk towards the two girls, stopping just close enough for them to admire what they see.

"Bon Soire, mon cheries~" He says in horrible french. "Gals like you...are you really creatures of the night, or are you radiant angels in disguise?"

(Awe (Presence+Expression+Magesty) [roll0]
(Socialze+Presence): [roll1]

Lix Lorn
2012-07-02, 08:43 PM
Georgia, turning to look at them all, gives a warm smile, and curtseys to the woman in a victorian dress.

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 08:56 PM
The two flappers study Clayton for a moment, their piercing blue eyes looking up and down his body. They've both got petite builds, but with curvy figures, and it goes without saying that they're attractive. After a moment, they both look at each other for a few seconds, and share a smirk.

They then turn back to Clayton... and immediately begin speaking French. Not Cajun French, but legitimate French from France. They speak it fast and fluently, their tones fluctuating between playful and sultry, their expressions shifting from smiles to grins to smirks. They both wink several times, in unison.

Clayton has no idea what the **** they are saying.

The Prince is visibly trying not to laugh. A few Kindred are already chuckling.

Trobby
2012-07-02, 09:15 PM
Clayton would have red on his face, except for the whole being undead thing. His French is, he admits inwardly, a tad on the rusty side...by which he means his mum tried to teach it to him about 10 years ago, and it never sunk in beyond a few words he pretends to know to impress girls. And a little bit picked up here and there in Louisiana.

"Ah...I'm afraid you must forgive me, ladies." He says with what he hopes is an earnest, browbeaten look. "I seem to have misled you to believe I know a bit more French than I as a matter of fact actually know. It has been somethin' of a time since my education, and I do so apologize for misleadin' two very fine gals like yourselves."

He takes a slight bow to the two women, hoping he has reclaimed some honor in admitting fault. After all, they are once human.

"Allow me a proper introduction. Name's Clayton. Clayton Burns."

Benson
2012-07-02, 09:42 PM
Velma scoffed glowered and watched his blatant flirting and hitting on those obvious harlot vamps. She glanced around in attempt to 'two can play that game'. But old people weren't her thing nor were non descript fellas in tuxedos.

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 10:17 PM
The Prince notices Velma looking for prey, and smirks. "Keep watching," he mouths.

The two twins study Clayton for a moment. They then both begin to laugh in unison, their giggles like bubbling brooks.

"Well, at least you have the honor to admit to your indiscretions," the girl on the right purrs, her voice heavily accented with traditional French.

"I honestly thought you'd try to maintain the masquerade a bit longer," the girl on the left croons.

"Me too," the other twin smirks.

Both girls look at each other, then burst into another fit of giggles.

"I am Marie Gaston," the girl on the right introduces herself.

"Antoinette Gaston," the left twin nods, before adding: "Anne, Ante, or Annette, or simply Darling will suffice." There is, in fact, a wink involved.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Monsieur Burns," Marie smiles.

"I understand you are of the Clan Daeva?" Antoinette smirks.

"What a coincidence."

"As a matter-"

"-of fact-"

"So are we," the both state in unison.

"And it just-"

"-so happens that we both-"

"-share the title of-"

"Priscus," they echo each other.

"That is to say-"

"-in layman's terms-"

They both grin wickedly, and state together: "We are the heads of Clan Daeva in New Orleans."

Eeeeeyup, Clayton totally just did that.

Trobby
2012-07-02, 10:28 PM
To anyone else, this would lead to kneeling before them and asking for an apology for their indiscretion.

To even a sensible individual, this would involve politely apologizing for it.

For Clayton, all this means is that he was totally right about knowing just who his kind of gal would be.

"Would you believe I had a feeling you would be?" He says with a confident smirk. "Truly, our clan is most fortuitous to have such clever, and beautiful, dolls like yourselves leading the operation."

He was going to flatter them anyway. It doesn't hurt that it might help his standing in their eyes...completely setting aside the fool he made of himself earlier.

Lycan 01
2012-07-02, 11:06 PM
The two twins look at each other, then smirk.

"Well he's audacious," Antoinette muses.

"Yes, you have to give him that," Marie shrugs.

"He doesn't have a way with words."

"And his charm could probably use a little work."

"But at least he's trying."

"And he's not bad looking."

"He's just my type."

"Wait, since when do you have a type?"

"Since always. Its the same as mine."

"Which is?"

"Everything, of course."

"And anything."

"Hey, I'm may not be picky, but I'm certainly not desperate."

"Uh huh, right."

"But just because he's my type doesn't mean I'm interested."

"Yes, he is a bit... lacking... in some ways."

The Prince shakes his head. "And yes. They're always like this..." he muses aloud to the newbie Kindred.

Benson
2012-07-02, 11:59 PM
Velma grumbled and found herself a place to sit, glaring daggers from across the room at Clayton before rolling her eyes. She didn't find as she defined it, his 'buffoonery' as amusing as the others in this room. She wasn't comfortable here like she was at the speakeasy. There she a had a name in a manner of speaking, where she was guaranteed to find herself being lavished with attention by others. Here, she was a nobody and that didn't sit well in her undead stomach.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-03, 12:22 AM
Howard watches as Velma tramps off, considering consoling her. On the other hand, he reasons, that's probably exactly what she wants...

The Nosferatu briefly shakes his head, before bowing to the Prince to indicate his gratitude before stepping away to move amongst the crowd.

Trobby
2012-07-03, 09:24 AM
Clayton quirks his head to the side a bit. He's not quite sure why, but this situation seems strangely familiar, yet entirely alien to him.

Then it hits him, quite suddenly and abruptly, that the two of them are sizing him up. The reason this is familiar is because he's done it himself time and time again to cute dolls like them.

He's never been the subject of it himself though. And he wonders if this is how Velma feels when she's trying to sweet talk a fella.

Of course, "lacking" isn't exactly what he was hoping for...

"Gals, please, my disposition notwithstandin', I ain't no drugstore cowboy. I'm the real McCoy, you have my guarantee I won't disappoint." He says by way of 1920's slang. "Maybe a bit less ritz than you two gals, but take it from me, and if not, take it from the gals at our joint." And boy oh boy is there a waggling of eyebrows.

Lycan 01
2012-07-07, 05:27 PM
Marie and Antoinette exchange smirks. "Monsieur Burns, we do not doubt you will fail to disappoint," Marie quips. "However..."

"Your reputation does not precede you," Antoinette observes. "Or rather, your lack thereof."

"That is to say, we prefer to focus our attention on Damned who have managed to make a name for themselves," Marie smiles.

"Nothing personal. At least we're being honest," Antoinette smiles coyly.

"Come back when you have made a name for yourself..." Marie purrs.

"Which shouldn't be too hard for a man such as yourself," Antoinette winks.

Meanwhile, as Howard approaches the crowd, the morbidly obese black woman walks up to intercept him. "Oh, Suga'! Did I hear right that y'all are a Nossie? C'mon ova here, and say hi to Miss Opal!" she exclaims in a heavy Southern drawl, a massive grin appearing from amongst the folds of wrinkles on her face. "I'm the Priscus of Clan Nosferatu 'round these parts. Anythin' I can do for ya, Darlin'?" she asks in a sweet, motherly tone.

Velma's glaring does not do much to bring her positive attention. Though she gets a few curious stares, few of the Kindred in the room seem to pay her much heed. Though after a moment, she notices the Prince motioning for her to come back over to him.

The Prince then looks at Georgia and Evelyn. "Please, stay were you are for a moment. I have a proposition for you and your friends..." he says with a charming smile.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-07, 05:49 PM
Howard turns to face Miss Opal, offering a hand to shake as she introduces herself. His eyes meet hers, or what little can be seen of them. Though she's not familiar to him, he doesn't doubt her claim to be a Nosferatu. "You heard right," he says in a low voice. He takes another moment to think on her words, and then speaks again. "As for what you can do for me," he says with a smile, "wouldn't it be proper first to offer my services, ma'am?"

Mystic Muse
2012-07-07, 07:21 PM
Evenlyn isn't quite sure who the leader of Clan Ventrue here would be is, so she listens to the request of the prince and merely stays put.

Benson
2012-07-07, 09:27 PM
Velma's glaring does not do much to bring her positive attention. Though she gets a few curious stares, few of the Kindred in the room seem to pay her much heed. Though after a moment, she notices the Prince motioning for her to come back over to him.

Velma pointed at herself to make sure she was not seeing things. After a moment of assurance she walked over to him in her usual sashay way. She was wondered how she should address him being a 'prince' and all, so she went with her gut instinct. "Yes, mah lord, what is it?"

Trobby
2012-07-07, 11:16 PM
Marie and Antoinette exchange smirks. "Monsieur Burns, we do not doubt you will fail to disappoint," Marie quips. "However..."

"Your reputation does not precede you," Antoinette observes. "Or rather, your lack thereof."

"That is to say, we prefer to focus our attention on Damned who have managed to make a name for themselves," Marie smiles.

"Nothing personal. At least we're being honest," Antoinette smiles coyly.

"Come back when you have made a name for yourself..." Marie purrs.

"Which shouldn't be too hard for a man such as yourself," Antoinette winks.

"I'll take that as a promise, madames." He gives them a wink, as he slowly starts to back away. "Don't worry, you'll be seeing much more of me soon enough."

And with that, he makes his way back towards Velma, who seems to be headed in the prince's direction. He readies himself to be slapped across the face the moment he gets within range, while keeping an ear perked to listen i on this deal.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-09, 02:32 PM
Georgia, nodding helpfully as the Prince speaks to her, is rather bemused by Clayton's antics. She wonders if he knows quite how silly he looks-but is quite impressed by the friendliness of the refusal.

Lycan 01
2012-07-09, 05:57 PM
Howard turns to face Miss Opal, offering a hand to shake as she introduces herself. His eyes meet hers, or what little can be seen of them. Though she's not familiar to him, he doesn't doubt her claim to be a Nosferatu. "You heard right," he says in a low voice. He takes another moment to think on her words, and then speaks again. "As for what you can do for me," he says with a smile, "wouldn't it be proper first to offer my services, ma'am?"

Miss Opal claps her hands together. "Oh mah goodness! We got us a good ol' fashion Suthern gentleman!" Miss Opal's cheerfulness suddenly disappears, and her voice takes on a stern, 'mother scolding her son' sort of tone. "Now boy, y'all best be careful with an attitude like that. Y'all are new here, and if ya try to be nice ta folks, they gon' walk all ova ya. Be an scoundrel for a bit, then once ya've made a name for yaself, ya can be nice to folks, cuz then they'll know not ta mess with ya."

A smile returns to the old Nosferatu's wrinkled face. "But I 'ppreciate tha offer. I don't need nuthin' right now, but ya may wanna talk to the Prince. I think he said somethin' 'bout needin' a favor. Come talk ta me 'fore ya leave, though, so I can tell ya where tha rest of yer kin are. And if ya need a place to stay, Suga, just let Miss Opal know..."

Velma pointed at herself to make sure she was not seeing things. After a moment of assurance she walked over to him in her usual sashay way. She was wondered how she should address him being a 'prince' and all, so she went with her gut instinct. "Yes, mah lord, what is it?"

"Hah!" the Prince can't help but grin. "Sorry," he waves a hand dismissively, "But your change of attitude is rather... stark. I appreciate your attempt at being respectful, though. You're learning fast." He narrows his eyes, and his grins deepens. "A useful skill."

The Prince then claps his hands together. "Now then, let us get down to business. I have a proposition for you all. You are, of course, free to decline. In fact, you can walk out the door right now." The Prince waves a hand at the door. "Honestly, if you walk out now, I will pay you no bother, unless you start causing trouble."

"But," he smiles, "If you're interested, I have a job for you. A favor, really. And they say that favors are the currency of the Damned," he observes. "Nothing too difficult, I assure you. But I need... neutral parties. Damned without allegiances or motivations. You..." he idly gestures at the newbie vampires in front of him, "Are perfect for the job."

The Prince then leans back in his chair, folds his hands together, and casually asks: "Are you interested?"

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-09, 06:02 PM
He nods in reply to Miss Opal's words; in truth, her lesson was one that he was already aware of, but nonetheless, it was not lost on him. "Somewhere to stay'd be nice," he mutters, even as he turns, arriving just in time to hear the Prince speak.

"Interested, yes," Howard says guardedly, "but more insight into what you want from us would help me decide whether to commit to it or not."

Trobby
2012-07-09, 06:04 PM
"Well now, that IS mighty interestin'." Clayton says whilst hanging off the back of a nearby chair. "So supposin' we hear this here job a' yours, an' we feel happy to oblige, we'd be in good favor with y'all, sah?" Clayton summarizes, in his own roundabout way.

Benson
2012-07-11, 04:37 PM
"Hah!" the Prince can't help but grin. "Sorry," he waves a hand dismissively, "But your change of attitude is rather... stark. I appreciate your attempt at being respectful, though. You're learning fast." He narrows his eyes, and his grins deepens. "A useful skill."

"Well, I ain't a stupid broad like some others, but uh, thank ya I guess mah lord," She curtsied whilst keeping her neutral expression.

The Prince then claps his hands together. "Now then, let us get down to business. I have a proposition for you all. You are, of course, free to decline. In fact, you can walk out the door right now." The Prince waves a hand at the door. "Honestly, if you walk out now, I will pay you no bother, unless you start causing trouble."

"But," he smiles, "If you're interested, I have a job for you. A favor, really. And they say that favors are the currency of the Damned," he observes. "Nothing too difficult, I assure you. But I need... neutral parties. Damned without allegiances or motivations. You..." he idly gestures at the newbie vampires in front of him, "Are perfect for the job."

The Prince then leans back in his chair, folds his hands together, and casually asks: "Are you interested?"

"Me, parroting the other two's responses, I give you that."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-12, 07:36 PM
"I have to know what it is before I accept or decline." Evelyn says.

Lycan 01
2012-07-16, 11:04 PM
"I'm not asking you to accept or decline it just yet," the Prince aloofly replies, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I just want to know if you're interested. If so, we will take this conversation somewhere more private, away from prying eyes and ears. And yes, this would put you in good standing with me. Who knows," he gives an idly wave of his hand, "Perhaps I'll even do a favor for you in return."

"We can go upstairs now, if you'd like," the Prince informs them. "Or, you can continue to mingle with the other guests, then come join me to discuss the proposition. The choice is yours."

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-16, 11:06 PM
Howard nods in reply, but waits for another to speak before adding in his opinion.

Mystic Muse
2012-07-16, 11:36 PM
"Well, as I don't know anybody else here, and have no reason not to, I suppose I'll follow you." Evelyn says and follows the prince.

Trobby
2012-07-17, 07:27 AM
This would certainly be a way to improve his chances of getting into bed with those two birds...

...To improve his reputation. That is what he is trying to do.

Clayton nods, following in the footsteps of the boss lady. He thinks to himself what a crazy world this is, where not once, but twice (or is it thrice?) does a dame have a hold on him from higher up the ladder.

Benson
2012-07-17, 02:42 PM
Velma ain't had 'a reason 'ta hang out with these stiffs down here, so she followed the others.

Lycan 01
2012-07-17, 04:56 PM
The Prince rises from his seat. The entire room falls silent, and all undead eyes turn to gaze upon him. "I have business to attend to. Please, make yourselves at home. Stay as long as you like, and speak with the servants if you need anything," Prince Vidal politely informs the several dozen Kindred in the room. "Thank you for your attendance. Good evening to you all."

And with that, he begins to stride for the door, his taciturn bodyguard walking in step beside him. The bodyguard looks back at the newbie vampires, and gives a slight tilt of his head, gesturing for them to follow.

Prince Vidal and his bodyguard lead the five Kindred back into the main hall. As the doors to the Court close, whispers and laughter can be heard resuming in their wake. Prince Vidal leads the Kindred up the winding stairs, then through some doors, and down several long hallways lined with portraits and paintings of various people and locations from the last half millennium. They seven vampires eventually climb a small spiral staircase, go down another hallway lined with paintings, and eventually come to a halt in front of a pair of onyx doors. Prince Vidal throws the doors open in a suitably dramatic fashion, and strides purposefully through the portal. "Please, have a seat."

The room beyond the ebony doors is a small meeting room. A large circular table of black wood and fine finish is set in the middle of the chamber, with a dozen or so chairs - black wood with crimson upholstery - circling it. The carpet is dark red, while the walls are paneled with the same black wood the furniture is made from. The ceiling is also black, and a small-but-intricate silver chandelier hangs from the ceiling, it's electric lights basking the room in a soft amber glow.

Prince Vidal sits down at the far end of the table, his bodyguard electing to lean against the wall behind him, with folded arms and a bored expression. If/when the Kindred sit down, they find the chairs to be extremely comfortable.

"Do you need anything? A drink, perhaps? Any particular flavors you prefer? Man, woman, sinner, virgin, old, young?" he asks politely, the charming smile on his face clashing with the abominable meaning of his words.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-17, 05:02 PM
Howard smirks as he settles into one of the seats. "I appreciate the offer," he says, "but I'm the sort who saves dessert for after the meal, if you don't mind."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-17, 05:05 PM
"...No thanks, I'm not hungry." Evelyn says, her stomach somewhat put off by the offer.

Trobby
2012-07-17, 07:04 PM
"Sherry, if you have any." Clayton says, sprawling himself out in the comfortable chair. "Port in a pinch. I've found these days hardly anyone knows the difference from taste. But at this time of night, it's the only way to go."

Benson
2012-07-17, 08:18 PM
Velma noted the room, feeling it was too gloomy for her tastes but nonetheless took a seat enjoying the comforts of the seat. She let herself relax a bit. At the offer of drinks......she was thirsty, hadn't had a good drink since she woke up.

"I'll have a drink, nothing too bitter or sweet."

Lycan 01
2012-07-19, 11:58 PM
The Prince looks genuinely confused. His face contorts slightly, as he tries to comprehend what the neonates are saying. "Dessert? Port? Sweet?" he repeats their words, trying to figure out their meaning.

"They think you mean alcohol, sir," the bodyguard smirks, giving a slight shake of his head.

The Prince blinks a few times. He then leans back in his seat and laughs. A deep, hearty laugh. "Oh my! Really? You thought I meant...? Hah! No, no! I meant blood! Genuine blood. 'Fresh from the tap,' so to speak," he winks at Clayton and Velma, clearly trying to make a bar-owner joke.

Recovering his composure, the Prince folds his hands and tries to regain his professional aura. "As you may have discovered by now, we Damned cannot imbibe alcohol, or other mortal sustenance. Attempting to do so yields results which are... unpleasant. So, shall I send for someone to fetch some blood?" he asks with a charming smile, trying to make sure the offer is clear this time.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-20, 12:09 AM
Howard winces a little. "Actually," he admits, "I was speaking figuratively..." he glances at some of the others in the group. "I don't know these others well enough to know if the same is true of them as well."

Benson
2012-07-20, 07:03 AM
Velma gave the prince a serious business look and put her hands on her hips. "No, mah lord, I didn't mean no alcohol either. I ain't stupid. Maybe Clayton, but he's as dumb as a post if you'll forgive him. " Velma recalled a horrible noodle incident throwing up her liquor during the beginning of her stint as a member of the undead. As good as it tasted, her vampiric body could only handle it for so long. It was a little bothersome when patrons would ask her to drink with them and she would find herself grinning and bearing until she could vomit it up later in private.

Trobby
2012-07-20, 08:06 AM
"...so I take it that the offer isn't on the table?" Clayton says, sounding a bit disappointed. He had, genuinely, thought that he was being offered alcohol. Sure, he couldn't actually swallow it, but it had been so long since he had a taste...well, other than a taste vicariously, but it just wasn't the same thing.

"....Nah, never mind then."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-20, 11:56 PM
"My response remains as-is." Evelyn says simply.

Lycan 01
2012-07-23, 05:37 PM
"I see..." Prince Vidal nods thoughtfully. He then looks over his shoulder at his bodyguard. "Philip, would you be so kind as to fetch the lady her drink?"

The bodyguard nods, then looks over at Velma. "You want a glass, or the whole bottle?" he asks with a smirk.

Once he has the order, the bodyguard steps out. Prince Vidal then smiles politely at his guests. "Well, I suppose we should get on down to business."

The Vampire Elder leans back in his chair, and begins to thoughtfully stroke his beard. "I find myself in an interesting position. I owe someone a favor. A friend of mine, whom I value greatly. She is very influential, and a prominent name in New Orleans society and politics. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me with this favor."

"You see..." the Prince idly waves his right hand, "She needs me to orchestrate an art theft. There's a painting that will be going on display in a few days. The subject of the painting is, of all things, my friend. In a very compromising position. Two hundred years ago. Looking exactly the same as she looks today." He pauses, before smirking. "You see why this is a problem, yes?"

Benson
2012-07-24, 12:05 AM
She was 'debating' it in her mind, and by debating I mean not really debating at all to go for the bottle, she enjoyed her blood, as much as she would rather not admit, and she was hungry afterall still.

"The bottle, please." She said in her most polite manner, putting on a little show of them there.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-24, 12:17 AM
Howard leans his head forward for a moment, closing his eyes. Breaking and entering. Theft. It's nothing you haven't done before, "Howard." Though his memories are muddled, the Nosferatu is sure that his true past was quite checkered; some of it, he's able to justify away, but "lesser evils" such as this no longer bother him anymore.

He opens his eyes, looking up once more. "Of course; such a work could be a threat to the Masquerade." Obviously the others know now of his ability to fade; he imagines that they will likely call on him to use it in this mission.

Trobby
2012-07-24, 07:29 AM
Clayton gives the situation some considered thought.

"So she can't go passing it off as her distant ancestor, eh? Well, fine art isn't typically what I'm in for, and subtly even less so."

He turned to face Evelyn, to whom he deferred many practical business proposals, what with her having any practicality at all.

"What do you think, Ev? Could we pull it off?"

Mystic Muse
2012-07-24, 07:30 AM
"I'm not particularly stealthy, and I'm not sure I agree this needs to be done. I'll be of no use in this mission." Evelyn states plainly. "I'm not sure whether you can pull it off. All he's said is that he wants us to steal a painting, he hasn't given us any sort of details." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-07-24, 08:46 AM
"Right, what sort of security are we talkin' about here?" Clayton asks the prince, still clearly trying to broker the deal to his best abilities.

Lycan 01
2012-07-26, 12:34 AM
The Prince smiles softly. "As you know, we Damned cannot change our appearances from when we were Embraced. She looks the same today as she did then. Even if it could be explained away as being an ancestor, the amount of attention and discussion it would generate would be... problematic. And it is a very... heh heh... unflattering portrait... heh..." he chuckles at a joke only he seems to know the punchline to.

He then nods to Evelyn. "You do not have to accept the offer. You're more than welcome to get up and leave right now, if you'd like. I'll bear no insult or ill will for it. I just thought I'd give you an opportunity to help me out a bit, and in return, get a head start on making a name for yourself amongst our blasphemous little family," he shrugs. "Though, I wouldn't blame you for wanting to keep a low profile."

"As for security," he looks over to Clayton, "Fences, dogs, locks, watchmen... What you'd expect from an art museum. I could be wrong, of course. They may have a crack team of vampire hunters with tommy guns lurking in the shadows, awaiting some foolish Damned to waltz right in. But... I sincerely doubt that is the case," he flashes a toothy grin.

Lix Lorn
2012-07-26, 05:29 AM
"While I'm not sure if my own skills will be useful, I hope I can find some way to help, if we do accept." smiles Georgia carefully.

Mystic Muse
2012-07-26, 08:56 PM
Evelyn, having absolutely nothing to contribute to this mission, and not particularly convinced it needs to be done, simply gets up and leaves.

Lycan 01
2012-07-26, 09:40 PM
The Prince waves his hand at Evelyn, and smiles to her as she leaves. "Fair enough. Please, you're welcome to stick around and socialize downstairs. And you may come back and visit any time. I'm always willing to entertain my subjects. Farewell."

Once she steps out, Prince Vidal turns to the other Kindred. "Does anyone else wish to decline?"

---

Evelyn retraces her steps, walking down the corridors that led to the meeting room. While walking down one hallway, though, the Prince's bodyguard rounds the corner ahead of her. He has a young woman in a plain white robe thrown over his shoulder, and her hands, feet, eyes, and mouth are bound/covered by strips of white fabric. He immediately stops dead in his tracks; the woman slung over his shoulder occasionally writhes or makes a weak noise.

"Ah," the vampire acknowledges Evelyn with a lopsided grin. "Turning down the offer, huh? Most Damned would leap at the opportunity to impress the Prince. Job not your cup of tea? Or do you just not give a damn about politics?" he asks idly.

Mystic Muse
2012-07-26, 09:54 PM
Evelyn retraces her steps, walking down the corridors that led to the meeting room. While walking down one hallway, though, the Prince's bodyguard rounds the corner ahead of her. He has a young woman in a plain white robe thrown over his shoulder, and her hands, feet, eyes, and mouth are bound/covered by strips of white fabric. He immediately stops dead in his tracks; the woman slung over his shoulder occasionally writhes or makes a weak noise. Evelyn looks at the victim with distaste.

"Ah," the vampire acknowledges Evelyn with a lopsided grin. "Turning down the offer, huh? Most Damned would leap at the opportunity to impress the Prince. Job not your cup of tea? Or do you just not give a damn about politics?" he asks idly.

"A little of column A, a little of column B." Evelyn says simply, trying to gain back a little composure. She didn't particularly like the Prince's method of getting drinks, or being referred to as "The Damned"

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-26, 09:58 PM
"Actually," Howard replies, "I think this is right up my alley, as it were."

Lycan 01
2012-07-26, 10:07 PM
The vampire notices her look of distaste. He looks down at the victim, then back at her. "Wow, you really are new to this, aren't you?" he says with a knowing smirk.

He then shrugs at her response about her reasons. "Eh, can't say I blame you. I'm not really one for politics, either," he observes with a sideways glance. "But hey, the song and dance has its perks. A good way to gain influence, make allies." His expression grows serious. "And a word of advice? You'll want allies. The Prince is being nice to you, but that doesn't mean other Damned will. A bunch of young Neonates like yourselves might be seen as an asset to some, and an obstacle to others..." he warns.

Mystic Muse
2012-07-26, 10:19 PM
The vampire notices her look of distaste. He looks down at the victim, then back at her. "Wow, you really are new to this, aren't you?" he says with a knowing smirk.

"I'm not stranger to drinking blood from unwitting victims, but kidnapping a random human, binding and gagging her, and I'm assuming killing her so that she doesn't spread word about this? That I have a problem with." Evelyn tells him.

He then shrugs at her response about her reasons. "Eh, can't say I blame you. I'm not really one for politics, either," he observes with a sideways glance. "But hey, the song and dance has its perks. A good way to gain influence, make allies." His expression grows serious. "And a word of advice? You'll want allies. The Prince is being nice to you, but that doesn't mean other Damned will. A bunch of young Neonates like yourselves might be seen as an asset to some, and an obstacle to others..." he warns.

"Hint acknowledged" Evelyn says.

Lycan 01
2012-07-26, 10:35 PM
The bodyguard smiles wistfully. "Who said anything about killing her? Or that she was even kidnapped? But that's not really something I can get into with you, I'm afraid," he shrugs. He then resumes walking, and nods at Evelyn as he passes by her. "Good evening, ma'am."

Before he rounds the next corner, though, the vampire pauses and looks back over his shoulder. "By the way. You seem to have a pretty outspoken sense of right and wrong. Lancea Sanctum might be something you'd be interested in..."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-26, 10:56 PM
"I'll take it under consideration." Is all Evelyn says and goes...wherever she's supposed to go. I'd assume back out to the main meeting place and wait for her clan head to approach.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 08:08 AM
Clayton watches Evelyn leave. No, not in the same way he watches Velma leave. He knows better than to treat Evelyn like that, against all odds.

"Ah, do forgive me, Vidal, but I think I need to go have words with our employer." He then turns to address Velma, and for once he takes on a businesslike tone. "Vel, get the name of the place and the art that we're stealing, and we'll meet up downstairs."

With that, he makes to leave and follow after Evelyn.

------------------

Once he gets back downstairs again, he seeks Evelyn out to have his words with her.

"Hey, listen, I know you've got your reservations about certain things, Ev, but we might want to consider this. Y'know, gettin' on his good side's probably a mite better than finding out what he does to the folks on his bad side."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 11:32 AM
Once he gets back downstairs again, he seeks Evelyn out to have his words with her. Has he been waiting to use "Begrumpled Haggersnash" All day?

"Hey, listen, I know you've got your reservations about certain things, Ev, but we might want to consider this. Y'know, gettin' on his good side's probably a mite better than finding out what he does to the folks on his bad side."

"Even if I wanted to go along with this, I have nothing to contribute to the mission." Evelyn points out. "You guys can get on his good side if you wish, but there's simply nothing I can do here. Plus, if you guys manage to get on his good side, I should be on it too due to the simple fact that we're friends and allies." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 02:13 PM
"...Just so we're clear here, because I'm not so good at the common understanding thing as you are, are you saying we should take up the job?"

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 02:27 PM
"If you think we should get on this man's good side, then do it, but I'm not going to participate. Even if I wanted to, I don't have the skills necessary to pull this off." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 02:41 PM
"If it's a matter of not feelin' like you can contribute, I think you severely underestimate yourself, Miss Evelyn."

"But if it's about not wantin' to get involved...well I understand, sorta. I mean, I know it ain't exactly your scene."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 02:50 PM
"If it's a matter of not feelin' like you can contribute, I think you severely underestimate yourself, Miss Evelyn."

"But if it's about not wantin' to get involved...well I understand, sorta. I mean, I know it ain't exactly your scene."

"It's both. I don't feel like I have anything to contribute, and I'm against it. I should probably just go back outside, try to find the head/s of my clan, and talk to them while you go back and talk with the Prince." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 02:56 PM
"Hey, Ev, listen, if you wanna beat it on the whole thing, I'm behind you. It don't matter to me what a prince or a dame says, you're the boss of this operation, and what you say goes. Got it?"

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 03:05 PM
Evelyn started thinking long and hard about this. While she definitely didn't want to do this, and definitely didn't want anybody in her group to do this, she realized it was probably a very bad idea to turn the prince down.

"The Best option would probably be to ask the prince for a task more suited to our skill sets. Neither of us are exactly stealthy after all." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 03:09 PM
"Perhaps we could let that Howard fella handle this on his own?" Clayton suggests. "He seems keen on the idea."

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 03:22 PM
"Perhaps we could let that Howard fella handle this on his own?" Clayton suggests. "He seems keen on the idea."

"Yeah, probably a good idea." Evelyn admits.

Trobby
2012-07-27, 03:31 PM
"You wanna head back up and tell him that? Or shall I speak on your behalf?"

...Evelyn may want to present this herself. She is familiar with what happens when Clayton is given free reign over business proposals.

Mystic Muse
2012-07-27, 03:40 PM
"You wanna head back up and tell him that? Or shall I speak on your behalf?"

...Evelyn may want to present this herself. She is familiar with what happens when Clayton is given free reign over business proposals.

"...Let's go back together." Evelyn says, and lets Clayton lead the way.

Benson
2012-07-27, 09:57 PM
"You heard the lech," Velma stated, and still thirsty, in reference to Clayton's "Vel, get the name of the place and the art that we're stealing, and we'll meet up downstairs" line.

Velma was no stealthy person, but this was a high class function gathering, there would be more involved than just sneaking around in the dark like a boogeyman, she wagered.

Lycan 01
2012-07-29, 06:50 AM
Prince Vidal waves with a smile as Clayton takes his temporary leave. He then turns his attention back towards Velma, Georgia, and Howard. "My my, it seems my little request is causing more trouble than I expected. The place is the Cutheringham Art Museum, in the town of Arshock. If you go back train, it should take about two hours go get there. Car will take much longer. I wouldn't risk doing it tonight. No worries, though. The piece... she did not know the name of it. But she assured me that it could not be missed, especially since it is not yet on display. How many provocative oil paintings can they have in storage, right?" he asks with a grin.

He then looks contemplative. "By the way, Mister Howard, I feel I should warn you not to be too confident. You may be able to get in there easily... but how do you intend to get out? Is your Obfuscation truly strong enough to mask both yourself and a large framed painting? If so... I'm impressed."

"You may also wish to take into consideration the suspicion this will raise," he warns. "You may wish to look into planting some sort of false evidence."

The bodyguard then returns to the room, the white-clad and bound woman still slung over his shoulder. "Your bottle, madam," he says with a knowing smirk, before carefully setting the woman down in the chair next to Evelyn. The girl looks to be in her late teens, with long blonde hair. Judging from her subtle flinching and tense breathing, she seems to be quite nervous, but not nearly as terrified as she should be.

"Please take care not to kill the girl," Prince Vidal advises the Daeva. "Sate your thirst, but moderate yourself. Gluttony is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, after all. And it goes without saying that murder is a sin..." he muses with an flippant wave of his hand.

(Clayton and Velma have not yet arrived)

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-29, 10:03 AM
"Yeah, it'd probably be best if I cased the place first," Howard says, a plan already beginning to form in his mind. "On that note, I'll assume you have some means of acquiring a set of burglar's tools; providing me with them would be very helpful."

Howard is sure that, if need be, he could just break a lock with his crowbar or jimmy it open with a length of wire, but he prefers the prospect of getting a proper set of tools.

Benson
2012-07-30, 08:16 AM
Velma listened to the Nosferatu and the Prince talk, this Howard fella seemed to her, be acting that something like was easy peezy. She knew there was more than this than sneaking around in the dark, other factors to consider, but she couldn't quite pin what they were. The not knowing what it was gnawed at her, annoyed her.

Twas then her bottle was brought in, not really what she expecting, she had really expected a nice glass bottle for her filled with the blood of her choice. She looked at the young nervous woman, she only has ever had woman once before, she ideally enjoyed men, mostly due to the fun she could have with them before eating.

Anyways, she gestured for the young girl to give her, her arm. She turned to the Prince. "Who is this girl anyway? She seems rather young for...this....hmmm."

Lycan 01
2012-07-30, 08:44 AM
The Prince seems to ignore Howard for a moment. His eyes then seem to open slightly wider in surprise, and her turns to the Nosferatu. "Oh, my apologies. Were you asking me to provide your tools?" he asks. His tone is one of genuine confusion.

That would be a no.

When Velma asks about the girl, the Prince simply smiles. A charming, but slightly disconcerting smile. "The girl's origins are not important. You asked for nothing bitter nor too sweet; here you go," he idly gestures at the girl. "Or is she not to your liking?"

Benson
2012-07-31, 04:59 AM
Velma

"That's not the case, I was just curious," Velma rolled her eyes to the side before putting her attention on the girl. She softly sighed to herself and lifted the the girl's arm's bringing her wrist to her mouth and bit.

Trobby
2012-07-31, 09:01 AM
Which is the exact moment that Clayton walks back in with Evelyn in tow.

He's about to say something, but is stopped when he sees the bound and gagged girl getting sucked on by Velma.

Now, this is the 1920's, where same-sex relations was considered not at all, and frowned upon in most circles. So you have to understand that Clayton is quite morally liberal to accept this state of affairs.

"Well, didn't know you were into dames too, Vel. That's a new one."

You have to understand it because of how ironic it is that his lecherousness, in the lens of modern morality, somehow makes that comment less sexist than it sounds, and yet at the same time doesn't change it at all.

TheCountAlucard
2012-07-31, 11:34 AM
Howard rolls his eyes at Clayton's comment; not having the tools was bad enough as it was. Still, if the Prince is feeling stingy, he'll have to make his attempts elsewhere; perhaps Miss Opal might be gracious enough to grant him the equipment he'll need, or at least point him in the right direction.

His vision trails away from Velma as she feeds; the sight of the woman under the Kiss reminded Howard all-too-well of his own last meal, from whom he'd taken a good long draw as she slept. He takes a moment to banish the thought from his mind, now focusing on the task at hand again.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-01, 12:09 AM
Evelyn was...not hiding her distaste at Velma's feeding very well.

"Prince, if I may please have a moment of your time to ask you some questions?" she asks as politely as possible. As politely as possible for Evelyn is pretty damn polite.

Benson
2012-08-01, 12:38 AM
"Shut your mouth Clayton before ya speak and ruin my dinner, and me drinkin' blood from a woman ain't nothin' queer," She snapped, her eyes closed but a look of annoyance still on her face.

Trobby
2012-08-01, 09:48 AM
Clayton thought of adding insult to, well, insult, but decided that he'd had enough, and that he couldn't really think of anything else to add anyway.

"Ah, fine fine. Just don't forget to clean up after."

Lycan 01
2012-08-01, 11:21 AM
The girl lets out a soft moan, going limp as Velma begins to drain her blood. When Velma finishes drinking, the girl's head lolls limply from side to side, and her breathing becomes deep and slow. She'll be fine.

The Prince and his bodyguard listen intently to the back and forth between Velma and Clayton. "I thought they said they were Daeva?" the bodyguard asks.

"Yes, but they have not been Daeva for long," the Prince shrugs. "If a woman feeding from a woman is cause for concern, then clearly they know very little of their clan..."

Trobby
2012-08-01, 11:46 AM
"Oh that? No, me and Vel are like this all the time. This is just how we are." Clayton waves his hand dismissively. "She can drink whoever she wants."

Benson
2012-08-01, 03:27 PM
"Cause for concern? Who's concerned?" She said with a mild annoyance and upward roll of the eyes. She let drop the wrist and hand of the girl and wiped her mouth with her hand and licked the rest, making sure to not waste a drop.

"Thank you oh Prince, that was a good vintage."

TheCountAlucard
2012-08-04, 03:58 PM
Howard glances at each as they speak, before finally settling on the Prince. "Well, my liege, I'll not waste any time. I bid you adieu." He stands and turns, leaving for the larger room, keeping an eye out for Miss Opal, though he's fairly sure he couldn't miss her without effort on her part.

Lycan 01
2012-08-04, 04:47 PM
The girl lets out a few small noises as Velma feeds, mostly just little whimpers and moans. Once Velma is done, the girl falls back into her seat, breathing low and steady. She appears to be asleep now, or at least in a very relaxed state.

"She'll be fine," the bodyguard observes factually, in case anyone is wondering.

The Prince looks up at Evelyn and smiles charmingly. "Yesss? How may I be of service?"

Mystic Muse
2012-08-04, 08:21 PM
"I'm curious. Who is the head of the Ventrue clan? I'd also heard that I may be interested in joining the Lancea Sanctum, and was wondering who to talk to about that." Evelyn says to the Prince.

Lycan 01
2012-08-04, 08:33 PM
The Prince simply smiles, and deftly raises a finger to point at himself.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-04, 08:50 PM
Evelyn isn't sure whether she was expecting that or not. On the one hand, it sucked. On the other, that was just her luck.

"Maybe you can inform me on some of the finer points of each some time then. Or find some underling to help me, as I'm not exactly experienced with either, as I believe has been previously mentioned." she says, doing her best to keep a polite smile on her face."

Lycan 01
2012-08-05, 04:49 PM
The Prince continues to wear his charming smile. His thoughts are not discernible, as he seems to be either oblivious to her discomfort with everything, or he's just not acknowledging it. "If you wish to speak with me at any time, I will try to make myself available. I do not mind helping out a young neonate such as yourself. The job of Prince is more than just a title. I must be a shepherd to my flock, so to speak..."

---

Downstairs, Howard very quickly finds Miss Opal. Not like she's hard to miss. "Oh hello, child! I trust y'all had a nice meetin' with the Prince?" the elderly Nosferatu asks with motherly concern. "Anythin' I can help ya with?"

TheCountAlucard
2012-08-06, 04:41 PM
"Several things," Howard replies. "It'd be great help if I knew more about the others of our clan in the city, for one; I'd also like some suggestions on where and when I can and can't go - wouldn't want to upset a territorial vampire by 'poaching' in his territory." He lets himself smirk at that one, and then lowers his voice. "Also, it couldn't hurt to get a decent haven; I've been having to improvise as of late."

Trobby
2012-08-08, 03:59 PM
"Vel, how about you and I leave Evelyn and Vidal to have their talk, hm? I think I have just the plan to accommodate the good prince's task he has set forth for us."

Benson
2012-08-08, 04:12 PM
"Oh?...Oddly...I'm now a bit curious at what yer little brain could come up," She cocked a brow and stood. She was bored here anyway, the only thing the room had going for it were the comfy chairs. She walked over to Clayton. "Very well, let's leave them to their private chat."

Trobby
2012-08-08, 04:29 PM
Clayton leads Velma out into the hallway, and makes a quick check to see if anyone is around before discussing his plan.

"Okay, so the Prince wants the painting out, right? Well I think I've got a solution for how to get it out of there. See, most people think of big wooden frames when they think of a painting, but actually, all it is is basically oils on paper, so why bother with the frame? One of us just has to sneak in, slip it out, or maybe get some scissors or something, and then sneak back out. Probably that Nos fella. Meanwhile we can keep the guards distracted by causing a ruckus out front."

Clayton waits for a few seconds for the plan to sink in, then adds:

"Actually, my first plan was to just burn it, but I think my new plan is better. We'll call the fire thing Plan B."

Benson
2012-08-08, 04:53 PM
"I'm on the wall with your idea right now, get back ta later on that...but...ya know...that 'prince' fella' never told us where the painting was going to be held prior to it being put on display."

Trobby
2012-08-08, 05:28 PM
"....Don't they usually hold it like...in the museum?"

Benson
2012-08-08, 06:02 PM
"Duh, but like where? You know...like those...back storage inventories where they store paintings and other pieces of art they don't have space for at the time. Or if its in a private collector's storage for the time being. Or somethin'."

Trobby
2012-08-08, 08:41 PM
"...Our first step should be to find out where the painting is being stored." Clayton concludes, ever the one to stay on track.

No wait, that's not him at all. This is just a fluke.

Benson
2012-08-08, 09:25 PM
"Indeed," She closed her eyes and sagely nodded. She wanly smiled and reached up and flicked him on the forehead.

"It surprises me you've been using your brain here, ya know, yer plan A ain't soundin' so bad."

Trobby
2012-08-08, 09:44 PM
Clayton blinks as his forehead is flicked, and rubs the spot where Velma flicked him.

"Hey, I ain't just some bimbo*, y'know?" He says, wincing at the annoying flick. "And you can be good looking and smart at the same time Vel. I mean, you pull it off somehow, right?"

*Actual dialect of the 1920's

Benson
2012-08-08, 10:09 PM
"You fool me plenty a' times and anyway, I'll ignore that 'somehow' in your sentence and accept that as a compliment," She lightly 'hmmphed' and tilted her head away.

Trobby
2012-08-08, 10:14 PM
"If you say so, Vel. So should we just wait for Ev? I ain't got any more business here."

Mystic Muse
2012-08-09, 02:09 AM
The Prince continues to wear his charming smile. His thoughts are not discernible, as he seems to be either oblivious to her discomfort with everything, or he's just not acknowledging it. "If you wish to speak with me at any time, I will try to make myself available. I do not mind helping out a young neonate such as yourself. The job of Prince is more than just a title. I must be a shepherd to my flock, so to speak..."

---

"Well...I suppose any sort of start you could give me on learning more about my clan and the Lancea Sanctum would be appreciated. I apologize that I'm not able to be more specific in my request, but as previously established, my education was a bit...lacking." she says to prince Vidal.

Benson
2012-08-09, 05:09 AM
"If you say so, Vel. So should we just wait for Ev? I ain't got any more business here."

"I still gotta find out about where the painting is being kept in the mean time before it goes on display," She tapped her foot against the floor, hands at her hips.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-12, 09:12 PM
Georgia is still in the main hall, wondering if perhaps she should seek out something to do.
Or perhaps someone. She is growing rather bored.

Lycan 01
2012-08-14, 07:02 PM
--Upstairs--

Prince Vidal smiles at Evelyn. "Ventrue are the 'Movers and Shakers' of Damned society. We are the aristocracy of our kind, the government, the architects, the shepards, so on and so forth. We tend to value authority and influence, and often find or work our way into such positions. We are charismatic, stylish, poised, elegant, and other such things. Our clan, whether we want to or not, essentially runs the Masquerade," he explains.

"As for Lancea Sanctum, our key beliefs are simple. We are not creatures of the Devil. We are God's earthly messengers of divine punishment, and we will strive to use our curse to guide the Faithful onto the proper path to Salvation," he informs her. To many, such words would have sounded like madness, nonsense, or a lie. But Evelyn can see in his eyes that he genuinely believes every word coming out of his mouth.

This may or may not terrify her.

--Downstairs--

Miss Opal wastes no time in explaining to Howard who all the Nosferatu in New Orleans are. There are about two dozen, and she exuberantly tells him all about each and every one. Howard probably finds himself quickly very bored and/or tired of her overly cheerful attitude.

Eventually, she pats him on the shoulder and says "Oh, and if y'all are needin' a place to stay, there's this nice little fella named Max. He's been here a couple of years, and he hides out in the basement of a print shop. He's actually got a little business set up, sellin' forged papers and stuff! Smart little guy... Anyhoo, he's a nice fella, and he don't mind lettin' other folks stay at his place til they get up on their feet. Y'all want me to let him know yer comin'?"

While no one directly approaches Georgia, she does catch a glimpse of the Native American vampire watching her from across the room.

Trobby
2012-08-14, 07:06 PM
"...So, Vel, what do ya' think of the two stiffs that the cat dragged in?" He inquires to his friend, referring to Howard and Georgia. "The Brit's got a great set a' gams, but I ain't to sure I trust that other fella."

Benson
2012-08-14, 07:27 PM
"Of course you'd trust her," She poutingly scoffed, arms crossed. "Anyways, I don't really trust either of them two ta' be honest. For months we ain't heard or felt any new vampires and then poof...suddenly we got two who show up in our....family friendly restaurant. And then not too long we go and get dragged into this business. Mighty suspicious."

Trobby
2012-08-14, 07:39 PM
"Nah, I don't reckon them being any more wise to this scene than us." Clayton says, surveying the gathered vampires. "But it is mighty suspicious that they both turned up at our...'business' on the same night, at nearly the same time."

Benson
2012-08-15, 06:08 AM
"And how. Its all shady," She sighed and shook her head as she moved over to the fancy wall and leaned against it, her arms crossed. She glanced at the other vamps and cocked a brow. "Some mess we found ourselves in."

Trobby
2012-08-15, 10:11 AM
Clayton took up a position at the wall across from her, arms crossed in a very similar way.

"Wasn't so bad, just you and me as vamps, against the whole world of living breathing people. Heck, even with Evelyn in the mix it was still pretty nice, and Cid, well..."

He paused at that. Clayton could talk about nothing for hours if prompted, but they both already knew about Cid.

TheCountAlucard
2012-08-16, 05:08 AM
"I'd appreciate it," Howard says with a nod. He does his best to try and remember the details as they rush by; the Nosferatu is tempted to whip out his notebook and start taking down the information, but he decides against it, instead working to commit her words to memory.

He's not yet sure if he can trust this "Max," but he doesn't have a lot in the way of options.

Mystic Muse
2012-08-21, 01:40 PM
Prince Vidal smiles at Evelyn. "Ventrue are the 'Movers and Shakers' of Damned society. We are the aristocracy of our kind, the government, the architects, the shepards, so on and so forth. We tend to value authority and influence, and often find or work our way into such positions. We are charismatic, stylish, poised, elegant, and other such things. Our clan, whether we want to or not, essentially runs the Masquerade," he explains.

"Ah, interesting. So, I suppose that, being part of clan Ventrue, I'll be expected to help run the masquerade as well?" she asks.

"As for Lancea Sanctum, our key beliefs are simple. We are not creatures of the Devil. We are God's earthly messengers of divine punishment, and we will strive to use our curse to guide the Faithful onto the proper path to Salvation," he informs her. To many, such words would have sounded like madness, nonsense, or a lie. But Evelyn can see in his eyes that he genuinely believes every word coming out of his mouth.

This may or may not terrify her.

This doesn't exactly terrify her, but she does disagree in some ways. She prefers redemption when possible.

"Interesting...doesn't entirely sound like my kind of thing." she says honestly. the room.[/QUOTE]

Lix Lorn
2012-08-21, 02:49 PM
While no one directly approaches Georgia, she does catch a glimpse of the Native American vampire watching her from across the room.
She grants a wide smile from across the room.

Lycan 01
2012-08-25, 12:05 AM
--Upstairs--

The Prince smiles softly. "At the moment, you are only expected to uphold it on a personal level. Though, steering your friends in the right direction would be appreciated. And in a few decades, who knows. You may have enough power and pull to assist the Masquerade on a larger scale than just yourself and your coterie." He then raises an eyebrow. "And what would your sort of thing be?" he inquires.

--Downstairs--

Miss Opal grabs a passing Kindred wearing a suit, who's facial features look right, yet slightly off-center or of mismatching proportion, creating an Uncanny Valley effect. "Leon, since y'all are fixin' to leave, go be a doll and let little ol' Max knows he's got comp'ny comin' over tonight."

The Nosferatu didn't appear to be heading towards the exit. Nevertheless, he flashes a can't-tell-if-it's-lopsided-or-not grin and nods. "Yes Mama, I'll get right on it," he says, before turning and striding briskly for the exit.

Miss Opal looks back over at Howard and smiles. "Some of the older Nossies call me Mama. No blood relation of course. Well, mostly," she observes innocently.

Meanwhile, the Native American slinks through the crowd of socializing Kindred, and is soon standing next to Georgia, giving her a sideways glance. "So you're the new Mekhet?" he asks with scrutinizing expression, his voice low and slightly condescending. His gaze drifts up and down her form. "Interesting."

Mystic Muse
2012-08-26, 04:26 PM
--Upstairs--

The Prince smiles softly. "At the moment, you are only expected to uphold it on a personal level. Though, steering your friends in the right direction would be appreciated. And in a few decades, who knows. You may have enough power and pull to assist the Masquerade on a larger scale than just yourself and your coterie." He then raises an eyebrow. "And what would your sort of thing be?" he inquires.

"I believe only God gets to judge others. I fully admit that I do it from time to time, as I am flawed, but I do not feel like I, or anybody else, deserves to be allowed to mete out divine punishment. I would not dream to believe I had any idea what he wants in terms of judgement. I feel he would much rather I tried redeeming than killing. Of course, I admit, I may be misinterpreting what you're trying to say." She tells him.

Lix Lorn
2012-08-26, 04:48 PM
Meanwhile, the Native American slinks through the crowd of socializing Kindred, and is soon standing next to Georgia, giving her a sideways glance. "So you're the new Mekhet?" he asks with scrutinizing expression, his voice low and slightly condescending. His gaze drifts up and down her form. "Interesting."
She looks up and down at him, smiling, clearly curious. "Why, thank you. I must admit, you interest me too."

Benson
2012-08-27, 05:27 AM
Clayton took up a position at the wall across from her, arms crossed in a very similar way.

"Wasn't so bad, just you and me as vamps, against the whole world of living breathing people. Heck, even with Evelyn in the mix it was still pretty nice, and Cid, well..."

He paused at that. Clayton could talk about nothing for hours if prompted, but they both already knew about Cid.

Velma sighed and rubbed her nose. "I kinda miss that old man. But yea'...the two of us once upon a time trying to keep his 'legacy' going...." She shook her head again.

TheCountAlucard
2012-08-27, 09:32 PM
Howard simply nods. "Very well, I appreciate all that you've done for me, but now I've got some business to attend to elsewhere." The Nosferatu bows respectfully and begins looking for the others to join them, ready to begin planning their excursion.

Trobby
2012-08-28, 02:28 PM
"Well, I do owe the man something. Anyone else who had seen me onboard their ship like that would've just killed me outright....which I guess he did, but in a way that isn't so bad."

Lycan 01
2012-09-03, 04:46 AM
The Prince smiles. Not a knowing or mischievous or condescending smile, but a genuine, slightly amused smile. "That is a good interpretation. While I am disappointed we do not share the same exact views, I am delighted and proud to hear that you not only believe in the Almighty God, but that you have such strong feelings on the matter." His smile fades slightly, and his expression grows slightly more serious. "You will have no trouble with the Lancea Sanctum - I shall see to that."

--

The Indian scoffs. It seems he's not amused. "Flattery will get you nowhere," he states flatly. "The Prince should have told you I do not take kindly to 'ass kissing' as my youngest son calls it. It seems you either did not pay attention, or you did not heed his advice. Neither option is a good testament of your character. Joy of joys, just what my clan needs..." he grunts with a slight scowl.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-03, 11:26 AM
She blinks, taken aback.
"Flattery? You misunderstand. I don't lie to you. Everything and everyone interests me."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-05, 12:30 AM
The Prince smiles. Not a knowing or mischievous or condescending smile, but a genuine, slightly amused smile. "That is a good interpretation. While I am disappointed we do not share the same exact views, I am delighted and proud to hear that you not only believe in the Almighty God, but that you have such strong feelings on the matter." His smile fades slightly, and his expression grows slightly more serious. "You will have no trouble with the Lancea Sanctum - I shall see to that."

"Thank you." she says quite simply. "I know I have given you no particular reason to influence things in my favor, or protect me, so thank you." she says from the bottom of her undead heart.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-05, 08:03 PM
Howard wanders over to Clayton and Velma. "Hey," he says with a feral smile, "what an opportunity, am I right? Dropped into vampiric society like a babe in the woods, and now we've got a job from none other but the highest on its totem pole." He chuckles darkly.

Trobby
2012-09-06, 06:02 AM
Clayton rolls his eyes at the eagerness of the noss in front of him, trying to look him dead in the eye.

"Vel and I were just discussing how we missed working for our old boss." He points out factually.

Benson
2012-09-07, 04:37 AM
Velma just watched here, arms crossed, default grouchy look on her face.

Lycan 01
2012-09-07, 04:46 AM
The Prince smirks. "Who's to say I don't have a vested interest in your well-being? You're the sole Ventrue in a fresh Coterie. You have potential, and I'd like to see that potential nurtured, not squelched. But I appreciate your thanks. Now, I'd suggest you catch up with your friends, before they manage to get themselves into any sort of trouble," he says with a nod to the door. "Which, some of them have already shown a knack for..."

---

The Indian stares at Georgia for a moment, frowning. He then flatly asks: "You have no idea who I am, do you?"

Lix Lorn
2012-09-07, 12:16 PM
"I'm certainly not sure, no." admits Georgia, still smiling.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-11, 10:20 PM
Howard nods. "Well, much as I hate to interrupt," he says, "I was also going to ask about your little speakeasy business you've got going - namely, what I can bring to the table."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-11, 10:22 PM
The Prince smirks. "Who's to say I don't have a vested interest in your well-being? You're the sole Ventrue in a fresh Coterie. You have potential, and I'd like to see that potential nurtured, not squelched. But I appreciate your thanks. Now, I'd suggest you catch up with your friends, before they manage to get themselves into any sort of trouble," he says with a nod to the door. "Which, some of them have already shown a knack for..."

"Good idea. Thank you once again." She says, and leaves as formally as possible, then goes to look for her friends.

Benson
2012-09-11, 10:45 PM
Howard nods. "Well, much as I hate to interrupt," he says, "I was also going to ask about your little speakeasy business you've got going - namely, what I can bring to the table."

"Definitely not the customers," Velma snided, not meaning to, in front of his face at least. She was kinda protective of that business.

Trobby
2012-09-12, 09:48 AM
"No, I would say not." Clayton says with a smirk, then takes an appraising look at Howard. "Although...we could always use another gin runner, and I'd say you've got a look about you that could scare away any troublemakers that wander into the joint...wouldn't you say so, Vel?"

Benson
2012-09-12, 10:43 AM
"Yea...I suppose, maybe..probably....I guess," Velma huffed a little, arms still crossed, facing away.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-12, 03:45 PM
"No, I would say not." Clayton says with a smirk, then takes an appraising look at Howard. "Although...we could always use another gin runner, and I'd say you've got a look about you that could scare away any troublemakers that wander into the joint...wouldn't you say so, Vel?""Let's just say I know how to be intimidating," Howard mutters darkly.

Howard's memories told him that his sire had taught him the beginnings of the Nightmare Discipline, but the Nosferatu doubted that he'd advanced any further in it; while he had to admit that it was useful, he found it altogether unpleasant, and knew that the greater powers had outright sadistic applications.

Trobby
2012-09-12, 03:51 PM
"Well, if you do well on this job with us, maybe you could join up with us, eh?"

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-13, 06:01 PM
Howard simply nods in reply, keeping his thoughts to himself.

Lycan 01
2012-09-15, 05:10 PM
Evelyn is now downstairs.

The Native American frowns at Georgia. "I am Nighthawk, Elder and Priscus of Clan Mekhet in the Greater New Orleans area," he flatly informs her.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-15, 05:38 PM
Georgia gives a long nod. "I did think that might be the case." she says. "But I didn't care to risk the guess. I'm sure you understand."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 06:16 PM
Evelyn goes to look for Clayton and Velma. Jinkies!

Upon finding them, she'll simply wave and flash a small smile.

Trobby
2012-09-15, 06:46 PM
Clayton perks up when he seeks Evelyn, and gives her a little sideways wave.

"Well Ev, how did the talk with His Highly Thinks of Himselfness?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 07:31 PM
Clayton perks up when he seeks Evelyn, and gives her a little sideways wave.

"Well Ev, how did the talk with His Highly Thinks of Himselfness?"

"He is a surprisingly nice Highly Thinks of Himselfness." Evelyn says, and that's a genuine sentiment. "We have disagreements on certain things. Let's just leave it at that." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-09-15, 07:33 PM
"Do you think they are 'disagreements' that will get in the way of work?" Clayton asks with a surprising level of seriousness.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 07:38 PM
"Do you think they are 'disagreements' that will get in the way of work?" Clayton asks with a surprising level of seriousness.

"No, I do not." Evelyn states plainly.

Trobby
2012-09-15, 08:43 PM
"Good...do you think it's worth it to stick our necks out for this 'favor' of his?"

Mystic Muse
2012-09-15, 09:01 PM
"Good...do you think it's worth it to stick our necks out for this 'favor' of his?"

"I can't say whether it is definitively, but it most likely is worth it." Evelyn responds.

Trobby
2012-09-15, 09:20 PM
"You, me, Vel, and maybe the other two?" He suggests, gesturing to Howard and Georgia.

Benson
2012-09-16, 12:54 AM
"Ya know, what we really need to know is where they have their storage, ya know, where museums keep works they're not going to have on display where also they keep and prep before putting a certain piece on display."

Trobby
2012-09-16, 09:03 AM
"Well, iffin they're anything like us, and the way I see it, a fine painting is no less a work of art than a fine bottle of scotch, I'd wager they've got it holed up in the basement somewhereabouts."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-16, 11:33 AM
"You, me, Vel, and maybe the other two?" He suggests, gesturing to Howard and Georgia.

"That depends. What exactly are you asking?" she asks Clayton.

Trobby
2012-09-16, 11:41 AM
"Oh, that we could all do this job together is all." Clayton shrugs. "Since the offer was extended as such, and since Howard has shown some interest in getting gainfully employed by us, I thought it might make some sense."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-16, 11:44 AM
"Oh, that we could all do this job together is all." Clayton shrugs. "Since the offer was extended as such, and since Howard has shown some interest in getting gainfully employed by us, I thought it might make some sense."

"You, Velma, and maybe the other two, but as I've previously mentioned, I have no interest in this job." Evelyn says.

Trobby
2012-09-16, 01:34 PM
"You sure, Ev? Wouldn't be the same without you."

Mystic Muse
2012-09-16, 01:50 PM
"You sure, Vel? Wouldn't be the same without you."

"I'm absolutely sure." Evelyn says to Clayton.:smalltongue:

Trobby
2012-09-16, 02:00 PM
"Never were one for big parties, Ev." Clayton points out with good humor. "Fair enough. What'cha think, Vel? Think you, me, and the two newbloods can handle it?"

Benson
2012-09-16, 02:07 PM
"No not really, frankly, I don't even really know what's my motivation for doing this myself, maybe its to make sure you don't do anything stupider," The vampire said bluntly.

Trobby
2012-09-16, 02:22 PM
Clayton raises his finger to protest for a moment, then thinks about it himself for a bit.

"...I think for once you might be right, Vel. There ain't exactly any reason we gotta do this for the prince, so why stick our necks so far out?"

Benson
2012-09-16, 02:50 PM
"I'm always right damnit," She wagged an angry finger at his face before resuming crossing her arms.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-16, 03:11 PM
Howard sighs mentally. He was experienced enough with Kindred to know that a favor owed from the Prince would be worth a dozen from any other vampire in the city; if the group decided against it, he wouldn't stop them... but at the same time, he would still do his damnedest to carry out the job.

Mystic Muse
2012-09-16, 05:38 PM
"The motivation is, doing things for the prince gets him on your side, and having the Prince on your side is like having a king or the president on your side. As much as I dislike stealing, this would probably be a really good idea. For somebody who actually has something to contribute. I simply don't." Evelyn says.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-17, 11:48 AM
Howard nods at Evelyn's words. Somebody gets this, he thought. "With regard to the speakeasy, the Prince's favor would be better than that of a dozen crooked cops."

Trobby
2012-09-17, 12:14 PM
"...Oh right...that would make sense...alright then, has anyone got a plan of attack? Because I for one am not sure how we're goign to get into the museum in the first place without being noticed as a bit...odd."

Benson
2012-09-17, 04:08 PM
"It might help to know which museum in the first place. Ol' princey left out a lot of information that could be helpful." Velma scowled.

Lycan 01
2012-09-20, 06:45 PM
((Leeeeet's Do the Tiiiiiiime Warp Agaaaaaaain.....))

The rest of the evening is not too eventful. The Prince's bodyguard shows up eventually and gives Evelyn a slip of paper, which has the name and address of the museum scrawled on it. He also informs the group that a ride is available for them whenever they desire to leave, which will take them all back to the bar.

Georgia is saved from further awkwardness when the Mekhet Priscus is called away by business.

Howard is given a piece of paper which has Max's address scrawled on it.

Eventually, the five vampires regroup, and accept the ride back to the bar. Mr. Wolf is driving, and all five should be able to fit in the car.

(Feel free to chat in the car, or go straight to being dropped off at the bar.)

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-20, 06:48 PM
Howard continues mulling over his thoughts in the car. "Do any of you have any ghouls or otherwise-faithful mortal allies? They could look into the place during the day, find out a little more about our target..."

Trobby
2012-09-20, 06:54 PM
It is at this point that Clayton demonstrates his stellar knowledge of the inner workings of vampiric culture.

"...you can do that?"

Benson
2012-09-21, 12:03 PM
"Uh...hauh...no....I don't think our day time employees count..." Velma tilted her head, glanced up and brought her finger to her lips in thought.

TheCountAlucard
2012-09-21, 07:50 PM
"If we don't have any now, we'll just have to deal with it in another way; I don't advocate blood-bonding just so we have someone to check out the museum."

He puts a hand to his chin, continuing to puzzle this out.

Trobby
2012-09-21, 09:59 PM
"A late evening visit, perhaps?"