PDA

View Full Version : Cloud City OOC [2]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BelGareth
2012-06-13, 10:19 AM
Part 2
Out Of Character Thread for the City Themed Cloud city Campaign, By everyone + Yours truly :smallcool:

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218428)
OOC 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246402)
Chapter 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218604)
Chapter 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225578)
Chapter 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244890)
Chapter 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258513)
Chapter 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269122)
Chapter 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292839)


{table=head]Name|Character|Class|Color|Timezone
DrK|Jezelda (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=614890)|Witch|darkred|GMT+1
Pime Taradox|Victor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=612229)|Cavalier|Sienna|GMT+ 1
Sparrow|Anders Varik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=577660)|Warmage|RoyalBlue|GM T-5
GuyFawkes|Lucien (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=457316)|Indigo Trickster|Dim Gray|GMT +8
Fireheart|Ma Collins (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=336401)|Staff Magus|DeepSkyBlue|GMT-5
SamBurke|Alyera (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=25258)|TenderSoul|INDIGO|GMT-5
BelGareth|DM|Eevil!|BLACK|GMT-7
[/table]

Being NPC'd
{table=head]Name|Character|Class|Color|Timezone
Golden LadyBug|Annalyn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335516)|Focused Conjurer|Lime Green|GMT +10
Bindin Garoth|Cassandra Walker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=501655)|somethin crazy indeed|Darkgreen is MINE!!!|?
[/table]

Dead
{table=head]Name|Character|Class|Color|Timezone
SlyJohnny|Slade (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=456524)|Oracle|SladeBlue|?
Iron Victory|Jon Malach (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=456429)|Cavalier|Dark Red|GMT -4
Golden LadyBug|Saffron (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411102)|Gunslinger|Orange|GM T +10
Sparrow|Ralph (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=335218)|Rogue|BLUE|GMT -5
[/table]

Here's my 16:

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder Core Rule set

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Pathfinder Core with 3.5 backwards compatibility

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4-6, apply with a character and background and I will choose from the pool of applicants

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
2nd level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
1600 gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
All homebrew has to be run by me, Prefer social classes but melee and magic will have its place.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
No savage races, all civilized races from CRB, Bestiary I & II are allowed. No templates.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
28 point buy, max HP per level

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
yes, no Evil. Homey dont play that.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multiclassing per the Core rules for PF.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
DM will make his rolls and some of players, Players will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Teleporting (of any kind) cannot bypass force creations. simple.
Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, make up what ever you want to about the city, we will be fleshing it out together, bonus XP for sweet backstories. (more info on city to come)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
If I'm doing it right a little bit of everything.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
3.5/Homebrew/d20pfsrd.com etc....if you THINK it might not be kosher, run it by me.



About the city:

Cloud city is the jewel of the Kingdom, the capital city sits nestled between a river and a mountain making it a formidable defensive position. Contrary to its name it is not in the clouds, its founding was rumored to be around an old Cloud Giants flying castle, in fact some city bards will even tell tale that the original Cloud Giants keep is still within the castle proper albeit broken. And to those who hear these stories and been inside the castle they just shake there head and smile for the Castle boasts Huge doors large enough for giants a style of architecture that is copied throughout the city. To anyone who cared to look deeper they would find that the Castle proper had slightly different architecture than the rest of the city.

The Jivi River runs adjacent and through the river, to those who know Draconic, know Jivi to mean Horse. The river was named after the Horselords who dominate the southern parts of the Lasonic Planes. The HorseLords have long been a Vasal state of the Kingdom.

The Dwarf city of Steinfjell has a direct passage to the city with a Dwarf Ambassador being permanently stationed in the city.

The great King Harold died last summer and the Count Lady Grianna is acting Steward and is fast becoming a popular leader. She is however out of the city at this very moment.


Here is the Map of the City:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s9kL_Ctx0po/ToD1HyqSQcI/AAAAAAAAAlE/QYPt0d6Y24I/s800/city_colour_nokey.jpg

Format for Posting:

Speech will be in your chosen color.
Thought will be in Italics in your chosen color.
Character actions shall be in black.

Like so:

Griff decided he wasn't going to go without a fight;
"Hey! you, I don't think so!"
Oh I hope he doesn't know how to fight!


Who's Who

Fireheart AKA Ma(Staff Magus)

http://pics.livejournal.com/fireheart1974/pic/000b3gdx


SamBurke AKA Alyera(Tendersoul)

http://animeclubfpu.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/nattina-lol.jpg


GuyFawkes AKA Lucien(Indigo Trickster)

http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_koinzell_1.jpg


Golden Ladybug AKA Analyn(Focused Conjurer)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6083/annalyn.png


Anders AKA Ralph(Warmage)

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/145/0/3/spellsword_by_radulfgreyhammer-d5zaiya.jpg


Victor AKA Pime Taradox(Cavalier)

http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/pics/core$images$portraits$elves$transparent$captain.pn g


Jezelda AKA DrK(Witch)

http://alzrius.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/pfwitch.jpg



Awesome Quotes from the Game



Hasni Reaches into his belt and pulls out a syringe (Do you know what that is?).

Its filled with a purple liquid with heart shaped bubbles that swirl around a yellow yolkish looking triangle.

Hasni indicates you should stab it into your arm and push the top part.




NPC's

List of known NPC's

Garren Oakenstaff -
Apprentice to the Highmage who was part of the accident which now plagues the city, has turned into a lich?

One Eyed Burt -
The only lead that Lord Barenhack Friderick and Oakenstaff led you towards. Lives on top of the toplles Mermade in the pirates squalor sector of the city.

Lord Machant -
Evil sunova Bitch who speaks french and quite possibly worships Asmodeus, oh and is leader of the Violet snakes. (who own pirates squalor)

Bjorn -
Second in charge of the Violet Snakes, is apparently a Cleric of Orcus. Is mean to halflings.

Lord Barenhack Friderick -
Noble Scion of house Friderick, of the Kings court. Charged you with a mission to seek out the truth of the accident. Sent you to find One Eyed Burt.

First interaction with Lord Barenhack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12064295&postcount=117)
The Mission (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12071377&postcount=137)

GuyFawkes
2012-06-13, 12:42 PM
Woo! Here we are! The New. The Improved. The One! The Only!

Cloud City OOC Part Deux!!

Oh, and love the awesome quotes part! :smallbiggrin: Damn, I miss Has.

SamBurke
2012-06-13, 01:12 PM
So do I.

Oh well. NEW THREAD SMELLLLLLL!

This is pretty significant for PBP.

SamBurke
2012-06-13, 01:15 PM
Also, great news on getting more posting time, btw.

BelGareth
2012-06-13, 02:16 PM
Sam:

Who are you talking to specifically, the result will vary extremely based on this.

SamBurke
2012-06-13, 03:01 PM
Sam:

Who are you talking to specifically, the result will vary extremely based on this.

Exxxxtremely?

*GULP*

The head bartender.

Sparrow
2012-06-13, 04:03 PM
God I love the feeling of this new thread. It just...it just makes you appreciate the little things, ya know.

SamBurke
2012-06-13, 04:18 PM
God I love the feeling of this new thread. It just...it just makes you appreciate the little things, ya know.

LOLOL.

Indeed, good sir.

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-14, 08:25 AM
Whoo! New Thread

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QJMeKCBepxg/TRMNZJH7zQI/AAAAAAAAAgw/F-ubYGO6gBc/s1600/Luffy+Happy+Face.PNG

SamBurke
2012-06-14, 05:45 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL.

Great pic.

Now to wait and plot out the various possible responses in varying forms for the barkeep's reactions.

GuyFawkes
2012-06-15, 02:25 PM
Oh noes! Lucien looking tough? He looks like a scrawny kid still. :smallbiggrin:

No matter. Simple trickery ought to do the...uh...trick. Lucien always has a trick or two for all your needs. :smallwink:

SamBurke
2012-06-15, 02:26 PM
Oh noes! Lucien looking tough? He looks like a scrawny kid still. :smallbiggrin:

No matter. Simple trickery ought to do the...uh...trick. Lucien always has a trick or two for all your needs. :smallwink:

LOL.

Now what? I have no idea how to distinguish this pirate. To be honest, I've completely forgotten who he is or what we're doing with him. Derp me for being a typical DnD Player. The cleric I can remember, though. For some reason.

GuyFawkes
2012-06-15, 03:26 PM
He is called One-Eyed Burt, and he is supposed to live above the tavern. Dunno if we need to roll int or something to remember that IC though. :smallwink:

BelGareth
2012-06-15, 03:50 PM
LOL.

Now what? I have no idea how to distinguish this pirate. To be honest, I've completely forgotten who he is or what we're doing with him. Derp me for being a typical DnD Player. The cleric I can remember, though. For some reason.


He is called One-Eyed Burt, and he is supposed to live above the tavern. Dunno if we need to roll int or something to remember that IC though. :smallwink:

This would be epic if you had this interaction in game...lol, I love it when players forget and so do their characters, adds a new level of gameplay....

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-15, 08:57 PM
I'm horrible with names, both in real life and in-game. I'd forgotten the Pirate's name almost as soon as we were told it :smallwink:

Admittedly, this makes me an absolutely horrible Ancient History student.

GuyFawkes
2012-06-16, 12:50 AM
Actually I forgot his name, so I went and looked for it, but as my patience is nigh nonexistent, I just went and made up what came to my mind and wrote it down in my post. And whaddya know, it IS the actual name of the pirate. :smallbiggrin:

GuyFawkes
2012-06-17, 01:56 PM
Alyera nods to the man, and to the rest. "Lucien, tell our good friend here everything you know about the pirate." She leans back to the illusionist "I can't remember a thing. You?"


So far so good. Also, no magic. Derp de derp. Please tell me Lucien can remember SOMETHING.


Actually, I already said the pirate's name IC, but don't I need to roll for it or something? I could just edit my post if I do fail the roll.

Int check: [roll0]

If we don't need to roll, then better. :smallbiggrin:

Sparrow
2012-06-18, 08:36 AM
So, I haven't posted much recently. And, that is because my father has password protected the only computer in the house so I can only use it when he is at work and my mother feels like typing in the password for me. I know this will slow my posting, so if I don't post for awhile, assume Ralph is doing whatever you guys are doing.

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-19, 03:54 AM
Huh, I thought I posted something about being snarky and turning off my Prestidigitation :smallconfused:

Lets just pretend I did, and I'm not currently ignoring the Bartender and playing with fake fire right in his face.

Oh well, lets roll an Int check to see if Annalyn knows who we're looking for. Given that she completely ignored him in favour of going after the Cleric every time its been brought up, I can't help but think its unlikely

[roll0]

...well, I suppose she probably had to have a good memory to be a Wizard at age 17 :smallsmile:

SamBurke
2012-06-19, 10:02 PM
Posting speed slow. See sig.

On "vacation."

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-20, 01:09 AM
...I think the only way I can interpret that is that you're in trouble with the mafia :smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2012-06-20, 02:15 AM
...I think the only way I can interpret that is that you're in trouble with the mafia :smalltongue:

Yup. I mean, what else could it be? :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2012-06-20, 09:02 AM
...I think the only way I can interpret that is that you're in trouble with the mafia :smalltongue:

My thoughts exactly, or the REDACTED.....

BelGareth
2012-06-23, 12:31 PM
So....uh....did everyone go on vacation?:smallfrown:

GuyFawkes
2012-06-23, 01:25 PM
I was waiting on Analyn since Lucien seemed to have forgotten what we were looking for.

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-26, 03:08 AM
Sorry guys, it turns out I am the worst at not noticing that the server errors eating my posts and then having every piece of assessment ever for all my subjects creep up on me :smalleek:

I'll post now :smallredface:

BelGareth
2012-06-26, 10:46 AM
Sorry guys, it turns out I am the worst at not noticing that the server errors eating my posts and then having every piece of assessment ever for all my subjects creep up on me :smalleek:

I'll post now :smallredface:

No worries, i was going to move on today anyhoo.

SamBurke
2012-06-27, 01:00 AM
...I think the only way I can interpret that is that you're in trouble with the mafia :smalltongue:

Well, I did have a discussion about homeschoolers ruling the world in an organized global terror/technocracy/tolitarian regime.

Is that close enough?

Back, by the bye.

BelGareth
2012-06-27, 10:42 AM
Yay your back!


onto the game....


Tsssk tssk...splitting the party hey? Very well then, challenge accepted.

http://thetural.com/360/user_images/52cb75aa3452232dd154649fd9d43c78.png

GuyFawkes
2012-06-27, 10:53 AM
Well, it doesn't constitute splitting up because technically we're in the same building. So that just means something's gonna happen. :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2012-06-27, 11:03 AM
Well, it doesn't constitute splitting up because technically we're in the same building. So that just means something's gonna happen. :smallbiggrin:

A building has different rooms, the difference between Macro and Micro.

A room is a geographic location, and I think, to unlock the achievement you need members of your party in two seperate geographic locations at once.

So Blaagh!:smallcool:

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-27, 04:53 PM
Pfft, we've split the party before and that worked out fin...

Okay, I'm worried guys :smalltongue:

SamBurke
2012-06-27, 06:37 PM
Pfft, we've split the party before and that worked out fin...

Okay, I'm worried guys :smalltongue:

We tempt fate too much.

...

Seriously. Maybe we should stop it. What do you think?

Sparrow
2012-06-27, 11:27 PM
Why stop now. We're still alive, which means we're doing something right .

GuyFawkes
2012-06-28, 12:21 AM
I promise I would not do it again. I shall from now on only pick up the broken pieces of our party should it be caused by someone other than me. :smallbiggrin:

SamBurke
2012-06-28, 02:04 AM
I promise I would not do it again. I shall from now on only pick up the broken pieces of our party should it be caused by someone other than me. :smallbiggrin:

It's good we have someone guarding Annalyn, though. Her and Alyera would be natural targets for pirates and these ruffians anyway, so we need a guard or two on the downstairs party.

BelGareth
2012-06-29, 02:02 PM
When was the last time everyone ate? (in game)

GuyFawkes
2012-06-29, 02:21 PM
I would have to say back when we were at the Resistance's base, yes?

SamBurke
2012-06-29, 05:32 PM
When was the last time everyone ate? (in game)

Resistance base sounds right.

Also, waiting on you for the IC post.

BelGareth
2012-06-29, 07:28 PM
Resistance base sounds right.

Also, waiting on you for the IC post.

I know, you'll get it tomorrow morning.

Fireheart
2012-06-29, 09:24 PM
Wait...did we eat a little something back at Annalyns before scary lich guy appeared?

~Fireheart

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-30, 02:00 AM
...but I thought were at Ma's house when OAKENSTAFF!!!! appeared? Annalyn suggested we go to her apartment if we needed somewhere new to stay, but we ended up going to try and take on the pirate instead.

At least, that's what I thought happened. Maybe I should go check...

EDIT: Nope, we were at Ma's, not at the apartments Annalyn was staying in. I believe we ate there

BelGareth
2012-06-30, 09:05 AM
Ok, Ma's house is out of food.

Update pending this morning.

Golden Ladybug
2012-06-30, 07:02 PM
Okay guys, once we run out of food and resort to cannibalism to survive, I'd like to point out that Annalyn would probably not be very tasty; she's thin, and bony, and would put up a fight. She'd probably taste horrible :smallwink:

SamBurke
2012-07-02, 04:10 PM
Okay guys, once we run out of food and resort to cannibalism to survive, I'd like to point out that Annalyn would probably not be very tasty; she's thin, and bony, and would put up a fight. She'd probably taste horrible :smallwink:

Don't worry. I'll die first in that scenario.

And we don't do cannibalism anyway. We can outlast this!

SamBurke
2012-07-05, 04:04 PM
OH.

YES.

I just rolled a nat 20 on Intimidate, and I have +14.

The Big T's mark is 32.

http://files.sharenator.com/EpicWin-s600x750-48786.jpg

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-06, 02:24 AM
:smalleek:

I'm glad you're on my side

SamBurke
2012-07-06, 01:14 PM
:smalleek:

I'm glad you're on my side

I didn't even know I could do that. The nat 20 was kinda a random thing.

:biggrin:

Sadly enough, it was *kinda* worthless, but it may give us the upper hand in the discussion to come.

On the edge of my seat to see what happens next.

GuyFawkes
2012-07-06, 03:06 PM
The possibility of not having to fight off a barful of people is not worthless. :smallwink:

Barful. Heh.

GuyFawkes
2012-07-11, 08:37 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

SamBurke
2012-07-11, 11:09 PM
The possibility of not having to fight off a barful of people is not worthless. :smallwink:

Barful. Heh.

So much for a peaceful option...

GuyFawkes
2012-07-12, 12:38 AM
Well. This is this and that is that. Let's get ready to rumble!!

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-14, 09:39 AM
Well, [Expletive]

Argh, this always happens; game slows down, I stop checking every day and then I end up holding everyone up! Sorry everyone!

BelGareth
2012-07-14, 10:09 AM
All the casters who readied an action to cast, please do so. (as in roll...lol)

SamBurke
2012-07-14, 02:39 PM
I'm just readying a standard action for a touch attack. It won't be a cast spell, since I decided not to have sleep prepared.

BelGareth
2012-07-14, 02:58 PM
I'm just readying a standard action for a touch attack. It won't be a cast spell, since I decided not to have sleep prepared.

I understand that, please roll the damage for the spell.....Maybe i'm not explaining myself, all casters who readied an action to cast a spell are going to be triggered by some pirate themed thugs. :smallcool:

SamBurke
2012-07-14, 06:43 PM
I understand that, please roll the damage for the spell.....Maybe i'm not explaining myself, all casters who readied an action to cast a spell are going to be triggered by some pirate themed thugs. :smallcool:


Herp de derp.

I just *NOW* realized that the ability I'm looking at... just happens to be a spell. I'll be doing Sanctuary, which will prevent them from attacking us for a good thirty seconds. DC=16.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/277/genius-meme.png

1d20 Not sure if I need this, but.

SamBurke
2012-07-14, 06:46 PM
Sorry, derped the first roll.

[roll0]

EDIT: FAIL ROLL ALERT.

I hope I don't kill us all.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-14, 10:46 PM
That is...unfortunate :smallfrown:

Attack Roll (Touch Attack) [roll0]
Damage (Acid Flavoured) [roll1]

Well, ain't that a kick in the teeth. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

SamBurke
2012-07-14, 11:31 PM
That is...unfortunate :smallfrown:

Attack Roll (Touch Attack) [roll0]
Damage (Acid Flavoured) [roll1]

Well, ain't that a kick in the teeth. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

DOn't hit them, hit the square they're standing in. The splash will still kill them.

GuyFawkes
2012-07-14, 11:51 PM
What the rolls?

Huh. Hopefully mine does a bit better, as I don't have touch attacks. :smalltongue:

Fireheart
2012-07-15, 11:14 AM
Ma's magic missiles

[roll0] (1st missile)

[roll1] (2n'd missile) - same target if first still standing, otherwise, move to a second offensively inclined target.

~Fireheart

SamBurke
2012-07-18, 02:14 PM
Waiting on Bel, now...

SamBurke
2012-07-22, 10:05 PM
Sooooooo...

We still waiting?

BelGareth
2012-07-23, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but...I think I'm done with this campaign....I'm just not feeling it, combined with some RL issues at the moment....

GuyFawkes
2012-07-23, 11:37 AM
Oh. Oh wow.

Well, good luck with whatever you're going through right now.

SamBurke
2012-07-23, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but...I think I'm done with this campaign....I'm just not feeling it, combined with some RL issues at the moment....

*Falls to his knees*
*Points face at the sky and screams*

No.

Nooooooooooooo!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope those RL Issues clear up! I of all people know how much a pain they are...

How 'bout a deal: just come back to it, *when* and *if* you can. Go watch some zombie movies, or play Left 4 Dead 2. Until then, I. AM. KEEPING. THIS. ALIVE.

Guys, I can take over as temp DM, or full DM until other notice.

Because this has gone on too long to just let it die this way.

Fireheart
2012-07-23, 12:33 PM
:(

Oh dear, Bel, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better in real life!

@SamBurke, I'm okay if you want to take over as temp to perm DM. I like Moraine and wouldn't mind playing her a bit longer...

~Fireheart

GuyFawkes
2012-07-23, 12:38 PM
That would be nice. :smallsmile:

BelGareth
2012-07-23, 12:48 PM
*Falls to his knees*
*Points face at the sky and screams*

No.

Nooooooooooooo!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope those RL Issues clear up! I of all people know how much a pain they are...

How 'bout a deal: just come back to it, *when* and *if* you can. Go watch some zombie movies, or play Left 4 Dead 2. Until then, I. AM. KEEPING. THIS. ALIVE.

Guys, I can take over as temp DM, or full DM until other notice.

Because this has gone on too long to just let it die this way.

I am ok with this. Feel free to do as you will.

SamBurke
2012-07-23, 01:10 PM
I am ok with this. Feel free to do as you will.

I'll do my best to take up the reigns... notes for the next level or so would be nice, because I have horrific short-term memory. That's the real reason I do campaign logs...

@ Everyone, I'll get it back up and running as soon as possible, and I'll grab a few stat blocks to fill in on this fight.

Sparrow
2012-07-24, 08:57 AM
:smallconfused:I go away for one day, and now, not only am I late with well-wishing forBel, but also Sam's coup.

I am never leaving you guys alone again.

But in all seriousness, Good Luck to you Bel, I hope your RL problems go away and that one day you may return and take back your place.

SamBurke
2012-07-24, 01:37 PM
Sorry about that... I'm just trying to keep this going until Bel can get back and pick up the reins.

Which asks an odd question: what are we going to do with Alyera? I don't want to have DMPC, because that gets rough too easily. That said, she's fairly useful for a zombie-based campaign...

Y'all's thoughts?

SamBurke
2012-07-29, 10:24 PM
Y'all?

Perhaps we should just keep this on our subscribe list, and wait for Bel?

GuyFawkes
2012-07-29, 10:38 PM
So we're not going forward with you at the helm? All right then, if that's what you think is best.

Sparrow
2012-07-29, 10:54 PM
Works for me. I got RL problems to juggle as well. But, let the record state that this isn't dying , but just taking a break.

SamBurke
2012-07-29, 11:12 PM
So we're not going forward with you at the helm? All right then, if that's what you think is best.

Checking for a pulse, see what you guys want.

It'd be nice if someone, perhaps Fireheart, could pick up Alyera's character to handle her for a while.

GuyFawkes
2012-07-30, 12:36 AM
Yeah, that could work. Maybe we could juggle posting for Alyera, whoever has time.

SamBurke
2012-07-30, 12:57 AM
Yeah, that could work. Maybe we could juggle posting for Alyera, whoever has time.

Works for me. Other than her character arcs, she's not going to be terribly hard to predict.

Sparrow
2012-07-30, 01:25 AM
Okay, I'll continue to juggle. My RL problems aren't too serious.

SamBurke
2012-07-30, 01:30 AM
Okay, I'll continue to juggle. My RL problems aren't too serious.

We can wait if you need to.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-30, 02:58 AM
*Facepalms*

I am the best at noticing things happening.

First off; I'm sad to see you go Bel, and thanks for running this great campaign up to now. This was one of my first campaigns ever, and it was a great introduction to table(sorta)top games. Thank you :smallredface:

Second off; the DM is gone, long live the DM! Thanks for taking over the reins Sam, because this has gotten too big to fail :smallcool:

Third off; I'm going to start checking more than once every 3-4 days again...

Fireheart
2012-07-30, 09:37 AM
Ditto to what Golden said.

Normally,I'd be happy to add Alyera to my rping but given I am still job hunting and am somewhat sporadic enough as Ma, I'd hate to commit and not be able to post either character.

Though if someone can take Alyera for a while, as soon as I get a job, I'd be happy to pick her up.

~Fireheart

SamBurke
2012-07-31, 01:51 PM
Real life scored a crit on me. I'll be prepping for this, but it may be a week or even, sadly enough, more until I can get my computer running again. Yay for iPods though.

GuyFawkes
2012-07-31, 03:16 PM
That's cool. We have Sparrow busy and the others a bit so anyway. And we don't want this to suck just cause we want to move forward. :smallwink:

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-01, 06:01 AM
Agreed; Awesome is worth waiting for :smallwink:

Fireheart
2012-08-01, 07:19 AM
Agreed!

~Fireheart

BelGareth
2012-08-11, 11:08 PM
Ok, I can do this again.

However, work has taken away the ability to utilize laptops for anything but work....so combat is going to have to be narrated.

If that is cool with everyone, then I shall resume this on Monday post haste.

let me know.

and sorry for the absence.

SamBurke
2012-08-11, 11:45 PM
http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3345-1330646932156.gif:smallbiggrin:
:smallbiggrin:

GuyFawkes
2012-08-12, 12:20 AM
Rejoice!!! :smallbiggrin:

Fireheart
2012-08-12, 02:46 PM
Cool! Glad to see you back.

~Fireheart

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-13, 02:31 AM
Hooray! Welcome back Bel, even if its on a low-laptop-privileges basis :smallwink:

Sparrow
2012-08-13, 11:22 AM
Awesome, the games begin

SamBurke
2012-08-13, 08:23 PM
Well, then.

Anybody remember what we actually wanted with Burt?

No? I'm gonna have to dig for the thread, aren't I?

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-14, 12:27 AM
Information about why the hell are there so many zombies, basicallly.

I think.

:smalleek:

SamBurke
2012-08-14, 12:33 AM
Eh, works for me.

Somebody's gonna have to tell me in character.

Digging now...

SamBurke
2012-08-14, 12:38 AM
Here's what I know: he's almost invisible on the thread: he shows up after we split for the first time (Hasni/Ma/Lucien run off to deal with things, Alyera and Annalyn guard the fort). He's on the same street as the guy we think is the cleric (Who's named Bjorn).

Still don't know why we wanted to find him. Gonna keep looking.

BelGareth
2012-08-14, 12:46 AM
You're liche friend and his boss told you to seek him out, said he might have info on why the accident happened.

GuyFawkes
2012-08-14, 01:15 AM
Yes. Clearly remember that, as that is when Lucien was going emo. :smalltongue:

SamBurke
2012-08-14, 09:52 PM
OK. So he might know about the reason... makes sense if he's close to that evil cleric.

Sparrow
2012-08-15, 06:31 PM
So, I now have a iPad lent by the school, so I now have a constant Internet source.

BelGareth
2012-08-15, 06:43 PM
So, I now have a iPad lent by the school, so I now have a constant Internet source.

WoohOOO0000!

SamBurke
2012-08-15, 11:12 PM
So, I now have a iPad lent by the school, so I now have a constant Internet source.

...

I don't even know how you did that.

GuyFawkes
2012-08-16, 05:09 AM
Wow. Some school you got.

Sparrow
2012-08-16, 08:59 AM
It's a grant from the state. Everyone between 6-12 grade gets one.

BelGareth
2012-08-16, 10:27 AM
It's a grant from the state. Everyone between 6-12 grade gets one.

Wow, thats....holy crap...thats insane...

SamBurke
2012-08-16, 10:59 AM
It's a grant from the state. Everyone between 6-12 grade gets one.

That's... 500 dollars a student. Then again, it's probably more useful than at least 500 of the 10,000 dollars spent (or specific equivalent for your area of the US).

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-17, 07:53 AM
That's being trialed by my school as well, with all the students in year 9 getting ipads (its the smallest cohort at the moment, but its still ~200-250 people, so I'd assume the school is getting some deal with Apple/Distributors). If it goes well, it'll happen for the whole of the senior school, which is somewhere in the area of 2000 students.

Its a pretty huge undertaking, especially since the year 9s have just used them to play games at this point.

BelGareth
2012-08-17, 10:25 AM
That's being trialed by my school as well, with all the students in year 9 getting ipads (its the smallest cohort at the moment, but its still ~200-250 people, so I'd assume the school is getting some deal with Apple/Distributors). If it goes well, it'll happen for the whole of the senior school, which is somewhere in the area of 2000 students.

Its a pretty huge undertaking, especially since the year 9s have just used them to play games at this point.

OH GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PRICTURE! FREE iPHONES AND NOW MISSING AVATARS!!!!

GuyFawkes
2012-08-17, 11:06 AM
Something's afoot here, I tells ya. Something...evil!!

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-17, 09:50 PM
Seems like it, yeah. Evil is quite good at being afoot.

And hopefully this new avatar works, because somebody stole my old one :smallfrown:

BelGareth
2012-08-18, 01:35 PM
The Diplomacy roll goes for the entire convo, right?


Yes, however it was at a serious penalty for just killing one of them and being in combat.

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-18, 06:26 PM
But they were in combat too, and we're not holding it against them!

:smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2012-08-18, 11:58 PM
Lol. Well, we just have to pile up the speeches to soften his heart, don't we? :D We still have Ma and Ralph up. Lucien? Nah. I don't think so.

Sparrow
2012-08-19, 12:00 AM
I need sleep now, and need to read a 245 page book tomorrow, so I guess that leaves Ma.

SamBurke
2012-08-19, 01:04 AM
We...

I feel terrible now.

How long ago did we kill him? Because he can't be that far in the negatives, and if he isn't, I can get him kicked back to his feet in no time.

BelGareth
2012-08-23, 04:59 PM
BOOYAH!

10 xp for anyone who can guess who that is.

Fireheart
2012-08-23, 06:23 PM
Hmm...I'm guessing this is the Big Bad Cleric...why do I want to say he was worshiping Asmodeus?

~Fireheart

Oh, and crap.

~F

BelGareth
2012-08-23, 06:37 PM
Hmm...I'm guessing this is the Big Bad Cleric...why do I want to say he was worshiping Asmodeus?

~Fireheart

Oh, and crap.

~F

Mwuahahahaha.

I will neither confirm or deny anything until the others chime in. :smallcool:

Sparrow
2012-08-23, 08:55 PM
Taking the easy way out. Knowledge local check?

I'll roll it just in case.

[roll0]

This is where people call me a spoil sport or something.

GuyFawkes
2012-08-23, 11:02 PM
For some reason, I read the new guy's voice and inside my head it was being spoken in Tom Hardy's Bane voice. :smallbiggrin:

I'm gonna have to say it is the cleric as well. Power that demands obedience and all those lackeys. Him or a new villain!

Hmm. Are the elven ears relevant though? Bah! I'm bad at guessing games, but cleric for my final answer it is.

SamBurke
2012-08-23, 11:42 PM
I'm gonna go with the Cleric as well.

Reading that in the Bane voice is pretty amusing.... And frikin scary.

BelGareth
2012-08-24, 12:20 AM
I thought Banes voice was horrible (and the movie) but for this...that would work quite well.

SamBurke
2012-08-24, 01:02 AM
I thought Banes voice was horrible (and the movie) but for this...that would work quite well.

You didn't like the movie? :smallconfused: I do agree that the voice sounded a little off, but I assumed that was part of the point of it.

I think the voice sounds right for this guy, though.

Sparrow
2012-08-24, 04:39 AM
For some reason, I don't think it's the cleric. I'm pretty sure this guy is new.

SamBurke
2012-08-24, 11:27 AM
For some reason, I don't think it's the cleric. I'm pretty sure this guy is new.

Agreed, but he's also apparently guessable.

Perhaps... uh...

BelGareth
2012-08-24, 12:34 PM
So is anyone going to respond to the Evil cleric of Asmodeus?

SamBurke
2012-08-24, 12:58 PM
Herp and derp us.

BelGareth
2012-08-24, 10:39 PM
"If your looking for the bartender, that ain't me."


This and only this.

Made me chuckle.

Update tomorrow morning, nice an early like.

GuyFawkes
2012-08-24, 10:50 PM
I swear that was the first thing that came to me when I read the man looking at Lucien. :smallbiggrin:

Sparrow
2012-08-24, 11:03 PM
I seem to be losing touch with Ralph's personality. I must reconnect myself with him. Tomorrow I will do this and then get back to posting consistently.

GuyFawkes
2012-08-25, 11:45 AM
*slow clap*

Well played, Bel. Well played. To have the man come in, make a monologue, then go out before we could even speak. Bravo. Truly the mark of a badass gang leader. :smallbiggrin:

I have to sleep and collect my thoughts, not unlike Lucien after that show. :smallbiggrin:

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-25, 07:36 PM
Sorry for being AWOL (and I'm more sorry for forgetting to tell anyone about it). I've just gotten out of Production week, after months of setbacks, problems and rehearsals of questionable legality.

But hey, we got to put on a play! That's always fun.

Back now.

SamBurke
2012-08-26, 03:01 PM
Sorry for being AWOL (and I'm more sorry for forgetting to tell anyone about it). I've just gotten out of Production week, after months of setbacks, problems and rehearsals of questionable legality.

But hey, we got to put on a play! That's always fun.

Back now.

Sounds fun!

BelGareth
2012-08-26, 08:14 PM
some clarification (which I think is needed):

List of known NPC's

Garren Oakenstaff -
Apprentice to the Highmage who was part of the accident which now plagues the city, has turned into a lich?

One Eyed Burt -
The only lead that Lord Barenhack Friderick and Oakenstaff led you towards. Lives on top of the toplles Mermade in the pirates squalor sector of the city.

Lord Machant -
Evil sunova Bitch who speaks french and quite possibly worships Asmodeus, oh and is leader of the Violet snakes. (who own pirates squalor)

Bjorn -
Second in charge of the Violet Snakes, is apparently a Cleric of Orcus. Is mean to halflings.

Lord Barenhack Friderick -
Noble Scion of house Friderick, of the Kings court. Charged you with a mission to seek out the truth of the accident. Sent you to find One Eyed Burt.

First interaction with Lord Barenhack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12064295&postcount=117)
The Mission (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12071377&postcount=137)

If you need to re write a post, feel free, let me know also.

Hope this helps, (helped me)

P.S
Oh, this game is freakin epic btw, I reread it all and was blown away at what has happened. I almost leveled you all just out of pure love. But then I remembered who I was, :smallbiggrin:.

Soon, my pretties, soon.

BelGareth
2012-08-26, 09:43 PM
Oh Ma, You are so awesome.

You're absolutely going to love the response to that post.

Trust me.

SamBurke
2012-08-26, 11:09 PM
some clarification (which I think is needed):

List of known NPC's

Garren Oakenstaff -
Apprentice to the Highmage who was part of the accident which now plagues the city, has turned into a lich?

One Eyed Burt -
The only lead that Lord Barenhack Friderick and Oakenstaff led you towards. Lives on top of the toplles Mermade in the pirates squalor sector of the city.

Lord Machant -
Evil sunova Bitch who speaks french and quite possibly worships Asmodeus, oh and is leader of the Violet snakes. (who own pirates squalor)

Bjorn -
Second in charge of the Violet Snakes, is apparently a Cleric of Orcus. Is mean to halflings.

Lord Barenhack Friderick -
Noble Scion of house Friderick, of the Kings court. Charged you with a mission to seek out the truth of the accident. Sent you to find One Eyed Burt.

First interaction with Lord Barenhack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12064295&postcount=117)
The Mission (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12071377&postcount=137)

If you need to re write a post, feel free, let me know also.

Hope this helps, (helped me)

P.S
Oh, this game is freakin epic btw, I reread it all and was blown away at what has happened. I almost leveled you all just out of pure love. But then I remembered who I was, :smallbiggrin:.

Soon, my pretties, soon.

We can just take the level, don't worry about us!

GuyFawkes
2012-08-26, 11:13 PM
Damn you, sudden recollection of identity!! :smallbiggrin:

Fireheart
2012-08-27, 07:08 AM
Oh Ma, You are so awesome.

You're absolutely going to love the response to that post.

Trust me.

:) yeah, well. I couldn't resist.

I figure she'll ask more questions if she can but this was a good way to put our team on the opposite side of the French Mafia!

~Fireheart

SamBurke
2012-08-27, 12:07 PM
Still had to laugh... thinking of Darth n Droids the whole time.

BelGareth
2012-08-30, 04:58 PM
2 things

1. If you are using a magic item from the loot pile that is unidentified, consider it identified (from the several days of in game time, you would have it ID'd). This is for ease of game play, and I plain just do not remember what they are. (I think there is a post with them all ID'd somewhere, if not let me know)

2. The games year anniversary is coming up soon, yay!

SamBurke
2012-08-30, 05:03 PM
2 things

1. If you are using a magic item from the loot pile that is unidentified, consider it identified (from the several days of in game time, you would have it ID'd). This is for ease of game play, and I plain just do not remember what they are. (I think there is a post with them all ID'd somewhere, if not let me know)

2. The games year anniversary is coming up soon, yay!

*mind blown*

WOAH WOAH WOAH

RED ALERT.

We have a ONE YEAR PbP. That's... like... that's like... One sec, brb.

*Back* And Hell didn't even freeze over, the board didn't shut down! This is amazing, guys...

We need to do something. Actually, I have an idea.

BelGareth
2012-08-30, 05:31 PM
I know right, I have never seen any other PBP run so long, ever.

I'm planning on doing something special for y'all.

not sure what though....

GuyFawkes
2012-08-30, 11:29 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoah!!! A year! That's like...whoa!

Fireheart
2012-09-01, 05:48 PM
Wow...really. Has it been that long!

That is really cool!

~T

Sparrow
2012-09-01, 11:01 PM
Celebration Time!

I'm gonna go and buy myself a cookie cake, that says: 1st Anniversary: Cloud City. And then, I'll eat it. It'll taste great.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-02, 12:49 AM
Celebration Time!

I'm gonna go and buy myself a cookie cake, that says: 1st Anniversary: Cloud City. And then, I'll eat it. It'll taste great.

Mmmm. Coooooookie cake. Seems fitting enough.

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-03, 06:11 AM
Celebration Time!

I'm gonna go and buy myself a cookie cake, that says: 1st Anniversary: Cloud City. And then, I'll eat it. It'll taste great.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll probably do the same in fifteen days :smallredface:

But yeah, a year of PbP is pretty great; I've had such a fun time playing this with you guys :smallsmile:

Hopefully we don't get eaten by Zombies! ...I just jinxed it, didn't I...

Now, time to figure out what the Kusarigama I've been carrying around does.

SamBurke
2012-09-03, 10:01 AM
Hmmmm yeah.

I've got something that may or may not come through, but we should totally all have a chat party or something...

And yes Golden. You did.

BelGareth
2012-09-09, 06:35 PM
Sorry about the lack'o'post, I've been super busy lately, but don't worry the next post will come Monday or Tuesday.

SamBurke
2012-09-10, 01:33 AM
Sorry about the lack'o'post, I've been super busy lately, but don't worry the next post will come Monday or Tuesday.

No problem.

THIS SHALL NEVER DIE.

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-10, 04:18 AM
Yeah, that's fine with me; I'm in the middle of Exam Fortnight (:smallfrown:), so I wasn't expecting to be able to post much either.

Sparrow
2012-09-10, 10:35 AM
And I have a terrible flu.

SamBurke
2012-09-10, 10:43 AM
And I have a terrible flu.

Hope you get better!

BelGareth
2012-09-10, 11:33 AM
If only it were like DnD and you could visit a cleric (or paladin) to have your paint soothed....

SamBurke
2012-09-10, 11:44 AM
If only it were like DnD and you could visit a cleric (or paladin) to have your paint soothed....

Eh. My Clerics don't usually have Craft: Painting, so I can't have that done.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-10, 12:59 PM
Eh. My Clerics don't usually have Craft: Painting, so I can't have that done.

Blasphemy! What cleric doesn't have Craft: Painting?

BelGareth
2012-09-10, 02:29 PM
Eh. My Clerics don't usually have Craft: Painting, so I can't have that done.

AT first, I was like...
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/0/05/Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

But then I was like...
http://0.tqn.com/d/webtrends/1/0/G/A/-/-/lolguy.png

SamBurke
2012-09-10, 02:59 PM
Commerative meme for this moment, a special gift from me to you:

HERE! (http://imgur.com/FoNXa)

Can anyone see that...?

GuyFawkes
2012-09-10, 04:00 PM
Lol love it.:smallbiggrin:

Fireheart
2012-09-11, 11:24 AM
no worries.

Hope everyone's exams go well and every who feels yucky, feels better soon!!

I forgot to mention, I left for the beach on Saturday so my posting may be a bit sporadic. Feel free to NPC Moraine if you need her to do something before I get a chance to check email again!!

~Fireheart

BelGareth
2012-09-11, 11:40 AM
It has, officially been a year long PBP.

Congrats.

Wish I had cool grafix to give out to something...but wait! I have a boss battle! :smallbiggrin:

GuyFawkes
2012-09-11, 12:04 PM
What a way to commemorate our first anniversary. Typical Bel. Typical. :smallbiggrin:

That pic has badass written all over it btw.

Aaaaaand perception check:
[roll0]

Edit: Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite. What a way to waste a 20. Oh well, at least we know the name of the one to end our puny existence.

Sparrow
2012-09-11, 01:00 PM
Is this 1 year sine the start of the recruitment thread? The first IC and OOC threads say 10-11-11.

BelGareth
2012-09-11, 01:06 PM
Is this 1 year sine the start of the recruitment thread? The first IC and OOC threads say 10-11-11.

Did I get it wrong....HAHAHA, im a moron.
oh well.

Sparrow
2012-09-11, 03:16 PM
Oh well. Even tough boss next month!

Edit: Also, I didn't have my cookie cake yet

GuyFawkes
2012-09-11, 03:30 PM
Bah, who cares about such trivial things. I do think this is around the time where the recruitment started, so that counts too. :smallbiggrin:

SamBurke
2012-09-11, 05:53 PM
Good. I had a birthday present to give you, but the animator who was doing it was not persuaded by my choice gifts. I even was gonna write him an epic Shakespearean sonnet of his awesomeness...

Nevertheless, I will find something.

Sparrow
2012-09-11, 05:56 PM
Although, I do have to sigh in relief that this was not started on 9/11 but 10/11

SamBurke
2012-09-11, 06:01 PM
Although, I do have to sigh in relief that this was not started on 9/11 but 10/11

Same, same.

SamBurke
2012-09-11, 06:13 PM
Extra roll for Knowledge: Religion.

[roll0]

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-11, 09:46 PM
Discussion, why you always have to happen when I'm sleeping :smallbiggrin:

Happy almost-a-year anniversary everyone!

Who's who in the picture you made, Sam? :smalltongue:

SamBurke
2012-09-12, 09:12 AM
Discussion, why you always have to happen when I'm sleeping :smallbiggrin:

Happy almost-a-year anniversary everyone!

Who's who in the picture you made, Sam? :smalltongue:

Secrets! I'm off to the art part of the forums, see what I can drag up... NO ONE FOLLOW ME! *vanishes in a puff of ink*

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-13, 02:22 AM
*Wipes off Ink*

...eww

BelGareth
2012-09-15, 01:27 AM
All right, I played around for a bit and whipped these up, let me know what you think....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Pbs2LCI9REM/UFQemPP3ktI/AAAAAAAABAw/AVXZwZnBSdY/s468/Analyn.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-71pkqZGPA84/UFQe1VWiQzI/AAAAAAAABA4/wLn0WDy8du4/s468/Ralph.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-xh7v56xIWac/UFQe6NdEd3I/AAAAAAAABBA/6fT3xY1UF5Q/s468/Alyera.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EUgi-CktvvQ/UFQfADt-X-I/AAAAAAAABBI/3HebgOHHJgM/s468/Ma.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rtKKI9_FApc/UFQfFQ4Ak6I/AAAAAAAABBQ/V1lLNrLZMTg/s468/Lucien.jpg

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-15, 07:49 AM
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/002/3/0/squee_meme_by_onewhogreeteddeath-d4l2t2x.jpg

...so yeah, they're pretty great :smallbiggrin: Even though you misspelt my name, but that's cool :P

Sparrow
2012-09-15, 08:29 AM
I'm so stupid. I was thinking 'Yeah I'll just add this question in this spoiler and then put down the initiative roll.' Then I forgot the initiative.

So:
Initiative:[roll0]

I'm editing this in so I don't forget to roll initiative: I love my new banner. It makes me feel like I'm a part of something special.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-15, 08:35 AM
http://clean.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/happy-cuteness-overload.jpg

Now to put it where it belongs. :smallbiggrin:

SamBurke
2012-09-15, 04:22 PM
Well, then. Now to clear out my eternally over-large sig to fit that baby in.

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-15, 07:26 PM
Glourious last stands are fun, but I think we'd all prefer it if Alyera didn't go up against a horde of zombies and a high level cleric solo.

How about this; before she goes, Annalyn will cast the Invisibility she has prepared on you, and then lag behind the others. Zombies are slow, so I'm not too worried about getting caught (and I've still got Mage Armor from before, so decent AC) and Bjorn is in plate, so he's gonna be fairly slow. We all get away under Sanctuary, and you can creep off invisibly.

Sound good? :smallbiggrin:

Sparrow
2012-09-15, 09:39 PM
There is a very high chance that the cleric will be able to see past our invisibility but sure, lets go for it. Sneak away, its the perfect plan.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-16, 01:40 AM
Sounds good to me. But I do think we would be fighting our way out of this nonetheless.

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-16, 05:15 AM
Boldly running away is the best plan; I'll do the Invisibility jig as soon as my initiative comes up (and making the Cleric waste actions on casting See Invisibility means that Alyera has more time to bail like the rest of us).

But if we have to fight, lets try and do it somewhere without Zombies surrounding us from every direction.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-16, 08:23 AM
I'd try to use Lucien to try to stall for time. We could try to go through the alleys so we won't get surrounded.

BelGareth
2012-09-16, 08:14 PM
I have an idea!

This is to speak quietly, so he doesn't hear or see our plan.
[roll0]

Alyera motions for the group to come together, and stand in a protective formation. "I can tell, good sir, that you mean us harm." Then, lowering her voice and speaking almost at the same time to the others, "When I touch you, just light out running. I'll hold his attention." Her voice rises again, to a commanding, booming, volume, grabbing the attention of everything within sight, hand slipping down and tapping Ma, forming around her for an instant, a glowing bubble pulsing in and out of reality for a glimmer of the eye.
You wil die.
Yes. Yes I will.
Her voice bellows, "LISTEN, BJORN!" Another tap. Annalyn free. Eyes glancing at the undead slowly closing in. "WE CAME NOT TO HARM YOU, AND WE DESIRE NO SUCH THING! WE ARE ONLY LOOKING TO KNOW: WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT WILL HAPPEN?" Her hand's glow engulfs Ralph, and she gives a light nod.
Why do you not fight?
We will fight forever.
"Go to my master's house. Do not look behind you, do not wait for me. Merely flee... I will come if I am able.""SO, THEN, MASTER OF THESE HORDES WE SEE, WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT DO YOU DESIRE?" Her hand barely touches Lucien, but he is safe, untouchable. Each one, in turn, surrounded by an effervescent golden arc. Each one safe. Untouchable.

"TELL ME!"


4 Castings of my Sanctuary SLA, DC 16. It'll keep all the zombies down. Guidance, Guidance, on both my Bluff and Dip rolls. Way I figure it, you have 18 seconds to get roughly 360' away, if you quad-time it each round. That should be faster than any one of the zombies, and even Bjorn. Even if not, they'll be split up, and we can make it out. If I could, I'd like some Aid Another checks to get that Bluff up. Invisibility would be a great thing to deploy, as would mirror images. Use Acid or other attacks ONLY if it's a free action; Expeditious Retreat would be nice, too. Sanctuary is rds/level, so you literally have 20 seconds to get out of range. Past that, I'm gonna hold them off/kill/incapacitate as many as I can to keep you safe. THEN I book it.

Dip Check to Distract Him Long Enough For Them To Run:
[roll1]
Bluff Check To Not Be Seen:
AUTO-FAILED. 1.



Several things.

1. Skill checks cannot auto fail or critical. If you roll, a one, you just sucked at that moment.

2. All those castings take a whole standard action to cast. That's 6 spells for 6 rounds...and while its cool for this scene, your opponents are not going to just stand around and do nothing....unless you can convince me otherwise, you'll have to redo the post (and that pains me, as I would have loved to rend Alyera to pieces!).

@Ma, you're welcome!

@everyone, would you like a map?

SamBurke
2012-09-16, 11:00 PM
I'm aware that it would take 24 seconds for those spells to get off (I should think about Quicken SLA...). That's why I posted the distracting stuff... the idea was that I would keep his attention as much as possible. Even if some of the zombies go after them, they'll be safe (I doubt the zombies can beat DC16 reliably). The plan was made being fully aware of the likelihood of minor failures at every turn.

As to Invisibility, it'd be nice. I don't intend to take him, at all... but I don't want you guys to have to either.

I would like a map.

Fireheart
2012-09-18, 07:03 AM
Map, yes.

:)

~Fireheart

GuyFawkes
2012-09-19, 04:45 PM
Lovely map. So, who hasn't rolled initiative yet? :smalltongue:

BelGareth
2012-09-19, 04:58 PM
Lovely map. So, who hasn't rolled initiative yet? :smalltongue:

Looks like Ralph and Alyera

Sparrow
2012-09-19, 06:28 PM
Forgot to put mine in IC post. So I rolled it about half way down page 6 of the ooc.

SamBurke
2012-09-19, 06:31 PM
Oh, sorry. Can't see the map right now, sadly...

[roll0]

BelGareth
2012-09-19, 06:33 PM
Oh, sorry. Can't see the map right now, sadly...

[roll0]

Well then you are first.

why can't you see the map?

SamBurke
2012-09-19, 06:37 PM
Well then you are first.

why can't you see the map?

It loads quite slowly, and claims that I have bad internet, even when other things open. Perhaps you could slap it upon imgur or something?

BelGareth
2012-09-19, 06:43 PM
It loads quite slowly, and claims that I have bad internet, even when other things open. Perhaps you could slap it upon imgur or something?

sure, one moment, por favor.

SamBurke
2012-09-19, 06:44 PM
sure, one moment, por favor.

Thanks! I should be able to see it... stupid country 'net.

BelGareth
2012-09-19, 06:56 PM
Ack, I can't at work, I'll have to do it when i get home.

SamBurke
2012-09-19, 07:06 PM
Ack, I can't at work, I'll have to do it when i get home.

No problem! I'll wait until later tonight.

BelGareth
2012-09-19, 08:47 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HAUb-N6fCCA/UFp1izYldmI/AAAAAAAABCA/iLyKpWLuRNE/s800/Bjornround1.jpg

SamBurke
2012-09-19, 10:47 PM
Oh, hey! Thanks!

So is our plan still on, folks...?

GuyFawkes
2012-09-20, 01:58 AM
Which one? :smallbiggrin:

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-20, 03:57 AM
All of them?

The sanctuary plan is probably the best way of dealing with this particular problem, and I can throw a Summon at Bjorn if he passes his Will Save to slow him down some; once this round is over, Alyera can keep throwing Sanctuary's on people while Invisible, which should minimize the Undead as a problem for her (and Bjorn too, if he doesn't have See Invisibility up).

GuyFawkes
2012-09-20, 06:08 AM
Sounds good. You can throw those things last to Lucien, he can serve as the decoy.

SamBurke
2012-09-20, 09:34 AM
Sounds good. You can throw those things last to Lucien, he can serve as the decoy.

You got it.

So it'll be: Ma, then Ralph, then Annalyn (who's had two turns to cast and such), then Lucien, then I run?

BelGareth
2012-09-21, 08:53 PM
You got it.

So it'll be: Ma, then Ralph, then Annalyn (who's had two turns to cast and such), then Lucien, then I run?

So, what is alyera's action?

SamBurke
2012-09-21, 11:07 PM
So, what is alyera's action?

Turn one, I'm going to Cast Sanctuary, on Ma. Then Ralph. Then Annalynn. Then Lucien.

BelGareth
2012-09-22, 09:52 AM
Turn one, I'm going to Cast Sanctuary, on Ma. Then Ralph. Then Annalynn. Then Lucien.

Roger, roger.

BelGareth
2012-09-22, 11:49 AM
sorry this is taking so long, I'm trying to come up with a solution for combat.
And my basement decided to leak something through the foundation of my house, so I'm a little preoccupied with School, work and that. So don't feel angry when you see me posting on other stuff, it means im bored....:smalleek: (having limited access sucks!)

I'll post Bjorn's actions without the map, but I'll need it for the Zomba's.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-22, 11:58 AM
Lol, it's okay man. I do that too, especially when I have to think what I'm posting here or for any other game for that matter. It just happens it's easier to think about those other stuff sometimes. :smallwink:

SamBurke
2012-09-22, 12:05 PM
sorry this is taking so long, I'm trying to come up with a solution for combat.
And my basement decided to leak something through the foundation of my house, so I'm a little preoccupied with School, work and that. So don't feel angry when you see me posting on other stuff, it means im bored....:smalleek: (having limited access sucks!)

I'll post Bjorn's actions without the map, but I'll need it for the Zomba's.

Not a problem mate!

BelGareth
2012-09-22, 12:26 PM
Lol, it's okay man. I do that too, especially when I have to think what I'm posting here or for any other game for that matter. It just happens it's easier to think about those other stuff sometimes. :smallwink:

Just so you are aware, Bjorn just slapped you into the nether.

Thanks Sam!

Sparrow
2012-09-22, 12:58 PM
So, do I run now or is there something else that needs to be done first?

SamBurke
2012-09-22, 01:04 PM
So, do I run now or is there something else that needs to be done first?

Get out of dodge.

Sparrow
2012-09-22, 01:12 PM
Got, IC post coming with in the next 15 minutes probably

GuyFawkes
2012-09-22, 01:47 PM
****e. Touch attack. That smarts.

Will save: [roll0]

Edit: Aaaaand that brings me down to 2 HP. Whoopie! Nice knowing you guys! :smallbiggrin:

SamBurke
2012-09-22, 03:47 PM
****e. Touch attack. That smarts.

Will save: [roll0]

Edit: Aaaaand that brings me down to 2 HP. Whoopie! Nice knowing you guys! :smallbiggrin:

You'll be last to leave, and I'll drop a Channel Energy to kill them and heal you before I give ye the Sanctuary.

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-23, 02:13 AM
Don't worry Bel, being distracted by random other things is something that happens to us all :smallwink:

Now, to check on what's happened while I was writing a character sheet...

...Dayum. That's definitely going to trigger my Readied Action to Acid Arrow :smallbiggrin:

Will Save [roll0]

GuyFawkes
2012-09-24, 02:24 PM
A bit of a problem Bel. You're using d26es. :smallbiggrin: Well have of your rolls do.

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 02:26 PM
A bit of a problem Bel. You're using d26es. :smallbiggrin: Well have of your rolls do.

Yeah I know, I fixed it....

GuyFawkes
2012-09-24, 02:35 PM
Ahh, dammit. I forgot to Blur!

Sparrow
2012-09-24, 03:14 PM
First of all, I'm wondering how those zombies got to me after taking my entire turn running the other way. If I'm missing something, feel free to call me an idiot.

Second, could somebody remind me what negative energy does. Is it just damage? It's been awhile since I was hit with negative energy.

Third, CMD vs grapple is an opposed roll right? This is my first pf game so I don't exactly know all the rules.

Fourth, why do I feel like I'm the only sticking to the run the other way plan?

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 03:30 PM
First of all, I'm wondering how those zombies got to me after taking my entire turn running the other way. If I'm missing something, feel free to call me an idiot.
The rules are somewhat vague, searched through the srd but couldn't find anything. I have always played you can double move the 1st round and then run (x3) the 2nd round, so we'll do that (don't worry next round you can withdraw to avoid AOO's)


Second, could somebody remind me what negative energy does. Is it just damage? It's been awhile since I was hit with negative energy.
Just damage


Third, CMD vs grapple is an opposed roll right? This is my first pf game so I don't exactly know all the rules.
Nope, they are vs your CMD (like your AC)



Fourth, why do I feel like I'm the only sticking to the run the other way plan?
Cause you are.:smallsigh:

Sparrow
2012-09-24, 03:42 PM
I have always felt that the only way to reply to a wall of quotes is with another wall of quotes, so here:

The rules are somewhat vague, searched through the srd but couldn't find anything. I have always played you can double move the 1st round and then run (x3) the 2nd round, so we'll do that (don't worry next round you can withdraw to avoid AOO's)

Okay, great.



Just damage

Got it.


Nope, they are vs your CMD (like your AC)
Great :smallfrown:


Cause you are.:smallsigh:
:smallconfused:
Well, were all dead then.

Edit: Also, another question, where does it say the damage from the zombie slams. I feel like I'm full of stupid questions today.

SamBurke
2012-09-24, 05:20 PM
1. I'm still holding to the plan. Annalyn's staying just long enough to cast Invisibility on me, then out. Lucien will do the same with an image before hoofing it.

2. According to PF, you can do a full action Quadruple move, if you take AoOs. See here. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Run)

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 05:22 PM
1. I'm still holding to the plan. Annalyn's staying just long enough to cast Invisibility on me, then out. Lucien will do the same with an image before hoofing it.

2. According to PF, you can do a full action Quadruple move, if you take AoOs. See here. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Run)

Thanks, I'll mod the post accordingly.

SamBurke
2012-09-24, 05:28 PM
Looks like we have one person who made it out...

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 05:31 PM
Looks like we have one person who made it out...

hmm, well 1/5 isn't bad......:smallcool:

Sam your up, you are currently grappled (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Grappled)


Grappled

A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.


Oh, and those hit must attempt a DC Fort save.

SamBurke
2012-09-24, 05:34 PM
As to the Fort Save, I'm immune to disease, if that's what it's for.

How do I break free of the grapple?

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 05:38 PM
As to the Fort Save, I'm immune to disease, if that's what it's for.

Very well then.


How do I break free of the grapple?

If You Are Grappled

If you are grappled, you can attempt to break the grapple as a standard action by making a combat maneuver check (DC equal to your opponent's CMD; this does not provoke an attack of opportunity) or Escape Artist check (with a DC equal to your opponent's CMD). If you succeed, you break the grapple and can act normally. Alternatively, if you succeed, you can become the grappler, grappling the other creature (meaning that the other creature cannot freely release the grapple without making a combat maneuver check, while you can). Instead of attempting to break or reverse the grapple, you can take any action that doesn’t require two hands to perform, such as cast a spell or make an attack or full attack with a light or one-handed weapon against any creature within your reach, including the creature that is grappling you. See the grappled condition for additional details. If you are pinned, your actions are very limited. See the pinned condition in Conditions for additional details.

SamBurke
2012-09-24, 05:56 PM
Well derp. His CMB is 30, right? Cause I've only got a +5 to Escape Artist.

CRAAAP. Hm. Perhaps I can use positive energy? What would you rule it would take to pray, and get my "holy symbol" out?

Sparrow
2012-09-24, 07:27 PM
So, I made it out without getting hit, right?

BelGareth
2012-09-24, 08:21 PM
Well derp. His CMB is 30, right? Cause I've only got a +5 to Escape Artist.

CRAAAP. Hm. Perhaps I can use positive energy? What would you rule it would take to pray, and get my "holy symbol" out?

How do you get a CMD of 30? You don't know, so you would be rolling against an unknown number.

You are free to do that.


So, I made it out without getting hit, right?

You are unharmed.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-25, 12:18 AM
Is being in grappled condition considered having lost dexterity to AC as well in pathfinder?

BelGareth
2012-09-25, 12:24 AM
hmm, well 1/5 isn't bad......:smallcool:

Sam your up, you are currently grappled (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Grappled)


Grappled

A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.


Oh, and those hit must attempt a DC Fort save.
No, just a penalty

GuyFawkes
2012-09-25, 05:34 AM
Oh. Oh well. Tumble time.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-25, 08:04 AM
Hmmm...one of the Zombies just hit me, but on a d26. Where do we go from there?

I'll roll a fort save anyway, using my truly amazing fortitude saving throw (also, what sort of damage was that dealing, if it does hit?) [roll0]

If Ralph is already gone, then that's proven it sort of works to just bail. I think the most useful course of action is to get Alyera out of that grapple and then run, ignoring the sanctuary plan (we just don't have time, these things have two attacks and auto-grapple. It just doesn't seem worth it) but I'll probably throw an Invisibility on her before I go (the Illusion did its job of drawing fire, if only a little bit), because she's the slowest out of all of us, being a halfling and all.

EDIT: Are the grapples seperate attacks, or are they grappling on a hit, a la Improved Grab?

SamBurke
2012-09-25, 09:03 AM
Oooooh. I'll do that then. Thanks for the help, Guy!

BelGareth
2012-09-25, 10:58 AM
Oh. Oh well. Tumble time.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Oof, barely made that!


Hmmm...one of the Zombies just hit me, but on a d26. Where do we go from there?

I'll roll a fort save anyway, using my truly amazing fortitude saving throw (also, what sort of damage was that dealing, if it does hit?) [roll0]

If Ralph is already gone, then that's proven it sort of works to just bail. I think the most useful course of action is to get Alyera out of that grapple and then run, ignoring the sanctuary plan (we just don't have time, these things have two attacks and auto-grapple. It just doesn't seem worth it) but I'll probably throw an Invisibility on her before I go (the Illusion did its job of drawing fire, if only a little bit), because she's the slowest out of all of us, being a halfling and all.

EDIT: Are the grapples seperate attacks, or are they grappling on a hit, a la Improved Grab?

They are from the Grab ability.

And sorry about the messed up dice. The attacks are fine, the grapple checks were with a d...........ah crap....I am going to edit the post to fix everything....

BelGareth
2012-09-25, 11:09 AM
Ok, all rolls have been fixed.

Man, I have NEVER messed up a post so bad...

SamBurke
2012-09-25, 11:19 AM
Ok, all rolls have been fixed.

Man, I have NEVER messed up a post so bad...

I know this may be in bad form, but this has made me laugh quite a bit... :smallbiggrin:

GuyFawkes
2012-09-25, 11:26 AM
Oof, barely made that!


Hey, that's what my boy's all about. :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2012-09-25, 03:53 PM
@Fireheart: You were'nt hit, so don't worry about the grapple check or the fort save.

As soon as you post actions, I'll post bjorns. MWAHAHAHAHAahahah

Fireheart
2012-09-25, 03:55 PM
Sorry for the delay folks. Multiple interviews this week but...I got a job! Starts tomorrow so things may be hit or miss for me until I figure out the schedule.

Feel free to NPC Ma if you need to.

[roll0]

Combat Maneuver to escape grapple.

Edit: Okay, in that case, never mind, let me delete that post and do something else!!

~fireheart

Golden Ladybug
2012-09-25, 04:06 PM
Congratulations, Fireheart!

Is it a cool job :smallbiggrin:

And with the zombies actions fixed up, I didn't get hit, so I'm fine to go help out Alyera...If I manage to live past Bjorn's turn.

BelGareth
2012-09-25, 04:10 PM
Sorry for the delay folks. Multiple interviews this week but...I got a job! Starts tomorrow so things may be hit or miss for me until I figure out the schedule.

Feel free to NPC Ma if you need to.

[roll0]

Combat Maneuver to escape grapple.

Edit: Okay, in that case, never mind, let me delete that post and do something else!!

~fireheart

Congrats!.........

SamBurke
2012-09-25, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the delay folks. Multiple interviews this week but...I got a job! Starts tomorrow so things may be hit or miss for me until I figure out the schedule.

Feel free to NPC Ma if you need to.


Good luck! I'll be praying for you.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-26, 12:17 AM
Wha-hey! Nice! Congratulations on the job!

Fireheart
2012-09-26, 06:45 AM
Thanks all. Life should be getting back to normal for me soon!

~Fireheart

BelGareth
2012-09-26, 11:58 PM
After this combat, from here on out, we are going to do group initiative.

Just FYI.

Ralph is up.

GuyFawkes
2012-09-27, 12:15 AM
Will Save to Stay Conscious!: [roll0]

Edit: Aaaand boom goes the dynamite. Well, it was fun while it lasted. :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2012-09-27, 12:19 AM
Will Save to Stay Conscious!: [roll0]

Edit: Aaaand boom goes the dynamite. Well, it was fun while it lasted. :smallbiggrin:

How many HP's are you at?